New Clan Wars Campaign – Third Stage Revealed

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
17 replies to this topic

Community #1 Posted 01 July 2013 - 04:30 PM

Sergeant

• Content Team
  • 0 battles
The next stage of the ongoing Clan Wars campaign is on the horizon! Curious to see what it will bring? Check it out!

Full news text

GhostalkerGR #2 Posted 01 July 2013 - 04:56 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 24708 battles
hi,vehicles lock?

panoc #3 Posted 01 July 2013 - 04:58 PM

Private

• Player
  • 20361 battles

If a clan owns a province connected to their HQ at the end of the stage, they will be awarded 6000 VP multiplied by the number of days the province has been in their possession

another rule favoring the big clans already owning one or more vps far away from borders in the safety of the big clan alliances.

ridiculous event.

HARK0NEN #4 Posted 01 July 2013 - 05:13 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35679 battles
  • [BIA] BIA
tank freezing off?

Milan_CZ #5 Posted 01 July 2013 - 05:15 PM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 30557 battles

View Postpanoc, on 01 July 2013 - 04:58 PM, said:

another rule favoring the big clans already owning one or more vps far away from borders in the safety of the big clan alliances.

ridiculous event.

I don't know why are you still complaining. I you have small clan without good players, you simply can't win campaign like this. Every clan can have maximum 100 members, so every clan have same power to defend all of their provinces. And if half of your clan don't play or you have unskilled players than you have just few provinces. But it is not because of rules but because you are not so good as others. This is basis of every competition. Just the best can win.

The same is with alliances. If you are good, others make group with you. But alliances are not allowed in this campaign so you can't deal with it.

Edited by Milan_CZ, 01 July 2013 - 05:18 PM.

Dracula #6 Posted 01 July 2013 - 05:52 PM

Private

• Player
  • 41262 battles
  • [TR0II] TR0II

View PostMilan_CZ, on 01 July 2013 - 05:15 PM, said:

I don't know why are you still complaining. I you have small clan without good players, you simply can't win campaign like this. Every clan can have maximum 100 members, so every clan have same power to defend all of their provinces. And if half of your clan don't play or you have unskilled players than you have just few provinces. But it is not because of rules but because you are not so good as others. This is basis of every competition. Just the best can win.

The same is with alliances. If you are good, others make group with you. But alliances are not allowed in this campaign so you can't deal with it.

It's posible to make the rules better so it can be moore fair !!!!
I agree whit you that the best and large size clan's will allwayes win in the end. That is just how it is.
But not the point here.
The point is, whit the rules we had so far,it's almost imposible for a medium/small clan to get a decent amount of vp points.
The rules could be moore fair......
Like in stage 1......it was no riot....if we had riot from day 1,then large clan could not crab so maney provinces whitout risk for riots.
In stage 1....we got 6000vp for taking a province,but also lost the same if lose the province. If we only had lost 3000 instead of 6000,then a small clan could climb on the rating ladder a bit.
And one moore thing....i like this new clan wars.It have been fresh and fun whit all this low tiers fights. But the campaign is to long.
For a large clan whit hardcore players it's not a problem. But for a small clan whit decent players its hard or almost imposible to be online whit a lot of members evry night. So cut the campaigne down to 2 weeks will help a small clan a lot.
Sorry for bad english.
Drac from the Troii clan.

HARK0NEN #7 Posted 01 July 2013 - 06:41 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35679 battles
  • [BIA] BIA
tiers 5-8 was fun. full team of T-50-2s and Chafees on sand river is ultimate!!!

DevilMaT #8 Posted 01 July 2013 - 07:43 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 26162 battles
As a member of top clan i find stage 2 and 3 boring, just favouring camping and protecting.

Noisywind #9 Posted 01 July 2013 - 08:18 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 31164 battles
So the incentive for coming first is a Service record badge? I bet all you 'top' clans feel spoilt...

the_viking #10 Posted 02 July 2013 - 08:09 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 41695 battles
  • [1-502] 1-502
tier 8 still announced. is there any1 who updates the hp?

wargaming 3rd class quality !

Sringoot #11 Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:23 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 38074 battles
  • [WHO] WHO
One important question:

From the rules:
" If a clan owns a province connected to their HQ at the end of the stage, they will be awarded 6000 VP multiplied by the number of days the province has been in their possession
-This rule of crediting is valid for each province connected to the clan’s HQ.
-Ownership days will be counted only from the beginning of the stage."

What happens if you own a province for three days, lose it one day and then again control it for three days and then the campaign ends. Do you get 3x6000VP or 6x6000VP?

I know every other clan that is in the race for the top 30 wonders about this, so please WG...

Thanks

Edited by Sringoot, 02 July 2013 - 09:27 AM.

Hunterseek #12 Posted 02 July 2013 - 11:36 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 27197 battles
  • [BAKUP] BAKUP
Have you ever seen how seahorses swim?

Polski11 #13 Posted 02 July 2013 - 02:09 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 36853 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostHarkonen_SVK, on 01 July 2013 - 06:41 PM, said:

tiers 5-8 was fun. full team of T-50-2s and Chafees on sand river is ultimate!!!

I remember full teams of AMX 13 90s/50 100s and T69s  :harp: T-50-2s and Chaffees were been only in T5, then in T6 all good clans took tanks with more hp, then in T7 came T71s  :trollface: it was fun when we took T8s with T8 scouts and enemy clan took T8s with T5 scouts  :teethhappy:  :teethhappy:

View PostSringoot, on 02 July 2013 - 09:23 AM, said:

One important question:
From the rules:
" If a clan owns a province connected to their HQ at the end of the stage, they will be awarded 6000 VP multiplied by the number of days the province has been in their possession
-This rule of crediting is valid for each province connected to the clan’s HQ.
-Ownership days will be counted only from the beginning of the stage."

What happens if you own a province for three days, lose it one day and then again control it for three days and then the campaign ends. Do you get 3x6000VP or 6x6000VP?
I know every other clan that is in the race for the top 30 wonders about this, so please WG...
Thanks

Good question  :hiding:

Edited by Polski11, 02 July 2013 - 02:12 PM.

FireflyDivision #14 Posted 02 July 2013 - 02:28 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 24278 battles
  • [POWNY] POWNY
Is tank locking on or off?

Edited by FireflyDivision, 03 July 2013 - 07:56 AM.

Sringoot #15 Posted 02 July 2013 - 02:38 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 38074 battles
  • [WHO] WHO
Tank locking is off, somewhere in stage II they said that ... from now on, there will be no more tank locking for the remainder of the campaign... something like that.

nepumax #16 Posted 02 July 2013 - 03:34 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 9646 battles
Stage 1 was fun, but stage 2 and 3 was/is boring. Noone of my mates wants to take part anymore...

Deliverer #17 Posted 02 July 2013 - 03:49 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 16944 battles
  • [PTS2] PTS2

View PostDracula, on 01 July 2013 - 05:52 PM, said:

It's posible to make the rules better so it can be moore fair !!!!
I agree whit you that the best and large size clan's will allwayes win in the end. That is just how it is.
But not the point here.
The point is, whit the rules we had so far,it's almost imposible for a medium/small clan to get a decent amount of vp points.
The rules could be moore fair......
Like in stage 1......it was no riot....if we had riot from day 1,then large clan could not crab so maney provinces whitout risk for riots.
In stage 1....we got 6000vp for taking a province,but also lost the same if lose the province. If we only had lost 3000 instead of 6000,then a small clan could climb on the rating ladder a bit.
And one moore thing....i like this new clan wars.It have been fresh and fun whit all this low tiers fights. But the campaign is to long.
For a large clan whit hardcore players it's not a problem. But for a small clan whit decent players its hard or almost imposible to be online whit a lot of members evry night. So cut the campaigne down to 2 weeks will help a small clan a lot.
Sorry for bad english.
Drac from the Troii clan.

What your forgetting :

Every change of rule that'd make it "easier" or "fairer" to the smaller, less able, Clans -> also makes it a lot easier for the already strong Clans+Alliances. The outcome would be exactly the same.

When will people understand the basics of logic: We all fight under exactly the same circumstances. No singular player or clan got any special advantage from Wargaming for this Campaign. THUS, no matter how you twist and spin the rules, the outcome would most likely always look the same.

Why most likely? -> adaption, some rules are easier to adept to as weak clan, some are easier to adapt to as strong clan. Some (as clearly can be seen from the feedback + complaints but mainly mediocre -> bad players/clans) actually fail to understand the rules and possibilities given by this event.
I saw so many really shit moves on the WDM even by the strong clans, that bared all sorts of logic, and in some cases cost them a space in Top5 (for m60) or even worse, lost them the chance to actually partake in the run for Top 30 in the end.
I see many strong and potentially top 10 clans failing due to bad planning. you could surely call it a missfortune for the SBP + BIA clans that UNITED decided to go africa, but in the end everyone saw the landing trees, everyone who had understood the 3 stages beforehand, also could have made plans and by simple logic deducted that the absolute strongest "group" of Clans would go to a location where there would be enough space for expansion without having to hold to many landing zones.
Revolts in stage 1 would only have had 1 effect-> overall lower scores in stage I. But as you can see from Stage II, a lot of clans which hardly gained credit in the first stage, got MASSIVE points in the second and actually managed to easily haul themselves into top 30/Top 10.  

BEFORE people moan and complain about unfairness of ANYTHING in live. Try to put yourself in the boots of your "superiors" or your targets of anger and/or affliction. Look trough their eyes learn!
Adept, copy and improve!

Edit:
btw, the removal of Tankfreezes is a massive ++ for small/weak clans while it doesn't really affect the strong clans. (in T8 + T10)

Edited by Deliverer, 02 July 2013 - 03:51 PM.

Dracula #18 Posted 05 July 2013 - 02:41 PM

Private

• Player
  • 41262 battles
  • [TR0II] TR0II

View PostDeliverer, on 02 July 2013 - 03:49 PM, said:

What your forgetting :

Every change of rule that'd make it "easier" or "fairer" to the smaller, less able, Clans -> also makes it a lot easier for the already strong Clans+Alliances. The outcome would be exactly the same.

When will people understand the basics of logic: We all fight under exactly the same circumstances. No singular player or clan got any special advantage from Wargaming for this Campaign. THUS, no matter how you twist and spin the rules, the outcome would most likely always look the same.

Why most likely? -> adaption, some rules are easier to adept to as weak clan, some are easier to adapt to as strong clan. Some (as clearly can be seen from the feedback + complaints but mainly mediocre -> bad players/clans) actually fail to understand the rules and possibilities given by this event.
I saw so many really shit moves on the WDM even by the strong clans, that bared all sorts of logic, and in some cases cost them a space in Top5 (for m60) or even worse, lost them the chance to actually partake in the run for Top 30 in the end.
I see many strong and potentially top 10 clans failing due to bad planning. you could surely call it a missfortune for the SBP + BIA clans that UNITED decided to go africa, but in the end everyone saw the landing trees, everyone who had understood the 3 stages beforehand, also could have made plans and by simple logic deducted that the absolute strongest "group" of Clans would go to a location where there would be enough space for expansion without having to hold to many landing zones.
Revolts in stage 1 would only have had 1 effect-> overall lower scores in stage I. But as you can see from Stage II, a lot of clans which hardly gained credit in the first stage, got MASSIVE points in the second and actually managed to easily haul themselves into top 30/Top 10.  

BEFORE people moan and complain about unfairness of ANYTHING in live. Try to put yourself in the boots of your "superiors" or your targets of anger and/or affliction. Look trough their eyes learn!
Adept, copy and improve!

Edit:
btw, the removal of Tankfreezes is a massive ++ for small/weak clans while it doesn't really affect the strong clans. (in T8 + T10)

What you not get !!!!
I never said that a small clan could win this,but if the rules had been diffrent then the big clans would not be abel to grab that maney provinces.
If we had riots from day 1,and riots did happend in provinces whit less then 5 chips. Then the big clans would have a problem.
Looke at the map now.There are hardly any fighting at all. Only around the landing zones. Is that clan wars ?
And we are not finish whit stage 3 yet ? l

Edited by Dracula, 05 July 2013 - 02:44 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users