The Despicable T71!

T71 hated rage kill t71

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
80 replies to this topic

SupremeNoob #1 Posted 02 July 2013 - 04:51 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 45050 battles
Never used a tank that instills so much rage in enemy players.
I totally understand it because they are extremely annoying and very dangerous.
Its the way some players will absaloutely suicide themselves just to kill your T71
which I find funny  :teethhappy: .
All logic goes out the window - Kill T71 - Nothing else matters!!  :angry:

Soft_Kitty_Warm_Kitty #2 Posted 03 July 2013 - 08:11 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22054 battles
  • [TEC] TEC
Bought mine yesterday, havent seen that problem yet but too many players out there expect you to go suiciding off across the fields at the start of the match, so they have something to shoot at.

Yes I might spot a couple but I will be dead 8 out of 10 times inside 2 minutes and then absolutley no use to my team for the rest of the match.  Learn how scouts are meant to play guys, I am sure you would rather have me alive and spotting and annoying bigger tanks for the whole match, rather than a smoking wreck on a field somewhere.

PS -  If you want to see people trying to kill you beyond reasonable reason lol, drive an FV4202 (a quite rare beast compared to most), everyone it seems has the sights set on you lol.

HolgerDK #3 Posted 03 July 2013 - 02:25 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 30100 battles
You should have tried playing a Leopard 1 in a 5v5 arty party game then....

Ragnaguard #4 Posted 03 July 2013 - 02:28 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 57180 battles
  • [MOUFA] MOUFA

View PostPaganWarrior, on 03 July 2013 - 08:11 AM, said:

Bought mine yesterday, havent seen that problem yet but too many players out there expect you to go suiciding off across the fields at the start of the match, so they have something to shoot at.

Yes I might spot a couple but I will be dead 8 out of 10 times inside 2 minutes and then absolutley no use to my team for the rest of the match. Learn how scouts are meant to play guys, I am sure you would rather have me alive and spotting and annoying bigger tanks for the whole match, rather than a smoking wreck on a field somewhere.

PS - If you want to see people trying to kill you beyond reasonable reason lol, drive an FV4202 (a quite rare beast compared to most), everyone it seems has the sights set on you lol.

you need to be patient! in the beggining it is not as good as you (or all others believe) :ohmy:

at the beggining you should play as sniper/scout! you can scout players from 400 meters! even before they see you! don't be temped to shoot them, most times when you are driving and spot an enemy tank, he is unaware of you untill you get in their line of sight. :blinky:  spot them and let your team do the damage! don't rush forward! move carefully forwards. :bush:
Upgrade gun as fast as possible, cause this will give you faster exp , after that priority is engine!

you will only see the potential of this tank when fully upgraded.

use ventilation, coated optics (you see enemies sooner), and enhanced laying drive(for faster aiming) train your crew (1st perk) with cammo(invisibility is important), and after that give commander sixth sense, driver off road driving(makes tank moves to soft/moderately soft terrain almost as it moves on good ground, keeping you extremely mobile), and snapshot (really hepls when circling around tanks), or designated target (helps team damage enemy when scout by keeping a vehicle visible for two more secs!) for gunner.

once you upgrade it, he is a silent killer! :ohmy: that is why enemies are so desperately need to kill it! :blinky:
spot, circle around, use your line of sight to hit enemies from 400 meters and let them wonder what hit them, team up with heavies and after an enemy shots, take advantage of his reload time get to flank,(or behind ) and empty 800 dmg (your whole loader), and then dissapear! relocate through the entire battlefield easily(not losing cammo factors when on move...) and find the situation you are most needed and pop out of nowhere!
oh! practice on stealth with this tank (cause it can only take a couple of hits before death!) it is important to know that you are invisible!
this tank rocks! and it is really fun to play
and you earn easy money even when loosing the game!

when played right it is awesome!

Ajimbura #5 Posted 03 July 2013 - 02:38 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 34316 battles
Probably the tank that I've enjoyed the most while playing.
It's not an easy tank to drive and almost anything can one shot you but the fun games do make up for it  :teethhappy:
E.g. taking the last 600HP from an E100 in the back of the turret (small hatch) just because he understimates the T71.
Got instant "nice hack" messages in the chat making me laugh even harder  :trollface:

Ragnaguard #6 Posted 03 July 2013 - 02:52 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 57180 battles
  • [MOUFA] MOUFA
p.s. i forgot! players waiting for u to make all these crazy things, because this tank when supported well and played well can change the tide of a battle!
so, these ''crazy'' things are pretty often possible with this tank (of course once fully upgraded!!)!!!
:great:

and of course triple platoon it to bring havoc to enemy lines AND have real fun!

good battles mate!

Togg #7 Posted 03 July 2013 - 06:39 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 18541 battles

View PostRagnaguard, on 03 July 2013 - 02:28 PM, said:

you need to be patient! in the beggining it is not as good as you (or all others believe) :ohmy:

at the beggining you should play as sniper/scout! you can scout players from 400 meters! even before they see you! don't be temped to shoot them, most times when you are driving and spot an enemy tank, he is unaware of you untill you get in their line of sight. :blinky: spot them and let your team do the damage! don't rush forward! move carefully forwards. :bush:
Upgrade gun as fast as possible, cause this will give you faster exp , after that priority is engine!

you will only see the potential of this tank when fully upgraded.

use ventilation, coated optics (you see enemies sooner), and enhanced laying drive(for faster aiming) train your crew (1st perk) with cammo(invisibility is important), and after that give commander sixth sense, driver off road driving(makes tank moves to soft/moderately soft terrain almost as it moves on good ground, keeping you extremely mobile), and snapshot (really hepls when circling around tanks), or designated target (helps team damage enemy when scout by keeping a vehicle visible for two more secs!) for gunner.

once you upgrade it, he is a silent killer! :ohmy: that is why enemies are so desperately need to kill it! :blinky:
spot, circle around, use your line of sight to hit enemies from 400 meters and let them wonder what hit them, team up with heavies and after an enemy shots, take advantage of his reload time get to flank,(or behind ) and empty 800 dmg (your whole loader), and then dissapear! relocate through the entire battlefield easily(not losing cammo factors when on move...) and find the situation you are most needed and pop out of nowhere!
oh! practice on stealth with this tank (cause it can only take a couple of hits before death!) it is important to know that you are invisible!
this tank rocks! and it is really fun to play
and you earn easy money even when loosing the game!

when played right it is awesome!
Attachmentshot_003.jpg

Sound advice, the equipment setup you suggest is fine but depending on the playstyle of the player you could also justify vents + vert stab/gld/optics (pick 2 up to own preference). I've tried a few setups and still haven't decided what I like most (vents I will not drop!)

Now uhm, yea I would personally recommend to dump some free xp if you have it piled up into the gun. Makes it a lot nicer to drive and it isn't much yet at that tier, this is what the 5% free xp is for anyway! skip the bad part of stock tanks. And the upgraded gun in this case is actually lighter than the stock good old m1a2, frees up some more weight for equipment (too lazy to run numbers and can't remember how it was but don't recall issues with this part).

Sixth sense is highly recommended when driving this one, as it's pretty damn fragile two hits (or one) with some bad luck from the biggies can kill you. Get tracked without spending a repair kit to get out of there is also a likely death :D

PS: Awesome avatar icon thing Ragna ;) turtle tank!

Edited by Togg, 03 July 2013 - 06:40 PM.

SupremeNoob #8 Posted 03 July 2013 - 07:19 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 45050 battles
Maybe its how I play it.
Im right in there annoying players
Instils rage :)
Not every match of course.

Ragnaguard #9 Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:12 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 57180 battles
  • [MOUFA] MOUFA

View PostTogg, on 03 July 2013 - 06:39 PM, said:

Sound advice, the equipment setup you suggest is fine but depending on the playstyle of the player you could also justify vents + vert stab/gld/optics (pick 2 up to own preference). I've tried a few setups and still haven't decided what I like most (vents I will not drop!)

Now uhm, yea I would personally recommend to dump some free xp if you have it piled up into the gun. Makes it a lot nicer to drive and it isn't much yet at that tier, this is what the 5% free xp is for anyway! skip the bad part of stock tanks. And the upgraded gun in this case is actually lighter than the stock good old m1a2, frees up some more weight for equipment (too lazy to run numbers and can't remember how it was but don't recall issues with this part).

Sixth sense is highly recommended when driving this one, as it's pretty damn fragile two hits (or one) with some bad luck from the biggies can kill you. Get tracked without spending a repair kit to get out of there is also a likely death :D

PS: Awesome avatar icon thing Ragna ;) turtle tank!

of course playstyle is the fact that determines equipment! i gave him the combination i believe that would hepl most! (as it hepled me! ) but always stick with what suits each most! i don't believe that it needs a stabilizer though! it is pretty accurate even without it!

thanks for avatar pic compliment! yeah! this turtle is awesome! ;-)

Ragnaguard #10 Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:19 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 57180 battles
  • [MOUFA] MOUFA

View Postmpc4000, on 03 July 2013 - 07:19 PM, said:

Maybe its how I play it.
Im right in there annoying players
Instils rage :)
Not every match of course.

i could dare to say almost every match! but this is normal! the tank is so fun to play that i sometimes make really crazy things!

Togg #11 Posted 04 July 2013 - 01:11 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 18541 battles

View PostRagnaguard, on 03 July 2013 - 10:12 PM, said:

of course playstyle is the fact that determines equipment! i gave him the combination i believe that would hepl most! (as it hepled me! ) but always stick with what suits each most! i don't believe that it needs a stabilizer though! it is pretty accurate even without it!

thanks for avatar pic compliment! yeah! this turtle is awesome! ;-)

Regarding GLD vs VS (vertical stabiliser) I remeber this thread http://forum.worldof...25#entry5095925 has a neat post by the OP in the specific post I referred to there. But basically vertical stabilisers are something I chuck into any mobile tank... well any tank that can fit it I should say, so on equipment discount events I stock up on both varieties to have a few to spare. Worst case when I need the money I can sell them back for full purchase value.

To me the vertical stabiliser is more valuable than a GLD if I had to pick between the two in any mobile tank, as it affects both turret rotation and hull movement so my gun is more steady when I start to take aim and hence requires shorter to get a steady shot off. And in addition to that pewpew on the move while racing around an enemy preferably while it reloads or isn't aiming at me to hurt its vulnerable parts. (currently it runs vents + vs + gld, but this varies weekly :P)

superkart #12 Posted 06 July 2013 - 04:42 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 5652 battles
I will tell you what is despicable about the T71.
The 400m view range.
Give me a break.
Seriously?
It can completely mess up your entire game sitting in a bush doing nothing at the sort of range you never have any hope of seeing it.
Whoever though that giving 400m of view range on something like that was a great idea needs to jump off a bridge and free the world of his presence.
I do not fear T71s in my Tiger when they shamelessly attack me, could be that I have not run in to too many of those yet.
They are especially annoying as scouts because they are so small and fast it takes forever to hit them and by the time you do the entire enemy team has gotten into position while your whole team is still at base.
I've had T71s trying to circle me, unlike T-50-2s I can keep up with them though they are so good you have to be really careful not to donk any shots.
Of course they will do a lot of damage to you but I have a lot of health and I will kill them regardless.
I used to fear and hate Hellcats until that fateful battle at Port in my VK3001H.
I loaded an HE shell to decap and as I raced for base a Hellcat came racing at me looking to protect the caping.
I snapshot him and killed him doing full damage.
I learned that day to always shoot HE at such soft targets.
If everyone did the same half the Hellcats in the game would have been sold already.
Even failing to penetrate you will damage modules and kill crew so it's worth it.
It appears to be the same with T71s, they have no armor at all so why people would shoot AP at them is beyond me.
Unfortunately only a small percentage of WoT players will switch to HE when confronted by one.
They are so soft they are what HE shells are there for.

Edited by superkart, 06 July 2013 - 05:24 PM.

Trt_Smrt #13 Posted 07 July 2013 - 03:18 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 17462 battles
  • [MORA] MORA

View Postsuperkart, on 06 July 2013 - 04:42 PM, said:

If everyone did the same half the Hellcats in the game would have been sold already.

No it wouldn't. Why? Because if played as it should, 90% of times you don't see the Hellcat killing you. If you can't see it - you can't shoot it.
Btw, M7 at tier V has 380m viewrange, so 400m for tier VII light is not that much after all.

Edited by Trt_Smrt, 07 July 2013 - 03:18 PM.

superkart #14 Posted 08 July 2013 - 07:34 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 5652 battles

View PostTrt_Smrt, on 07 July 2013 - 03:18 PM, said:

[/size]

No it wouldn't. Why? Because if played as it should, 90% of times you don't see the Hellcat killing you. If you can't see it - you can't shoot it.
Jagdpanzer IV is stealthier and you know how much people love those.
It's the combination of high gun depression and high mobility that makes the Hellcat what it is, plus the firepower, not just stealth.
Also has a turret, turreted TDs have an advantage and pay the price in having a worse gun than non turreted ones, Hellcat pays the price of it's turret having slow traverse...

View PostTrt_Smrt, on 07 July 2013 - 03:18 PM, said:

Btw, M7 at tier V has 380m viewrange, so 400m for tier VII light is not that much after all.

That's not a tiny little dot is it?
Supposedly taller tanks have better view range.
That's how it generally works.
Sometimes WG will give a tank a viewrange that doesn't make any sense, probably in the interests of balancing.
Look at the upcoming German Tier 7 TD in patch 8.7, it's as tall as a Hetzer but they gave it 380m of viewrange.
It needs it seeing as it has absolutely no armor and retains the Tier 5 gun, the L70.
Low tier German TDs are notorious for being very low and stealthy and paying the price in view range.
I can't see the T71 being as small as it is having 30m more viewrange than the Tiger and the exact same viewrange as the Tiger 2.
Nor did it need something like that to be competitive.

Leepants #15 Posted 09 July 2013 - 09:47 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 20064 battles
  • [ZIIP] ZIIP
Much as I enjoy zooming about with this little tank, I CANNOT do any good in the damn thing! I have a winrate of 40% with it and its slowly peeing me off to the point of not grinding it any further. I run vents, v-stab and a cam net, crew are 92% towards first perk.

I somehow managed to get mastery1 badge - started north on malinkova - but invariably I die early in battle, I cannot take on ANY tank as I just get destroyed very quickly. I've tried "waiting" and going with heavies, I've tried peek-a-boo.... i simply CANNOT get the thing to work for me. And lets face it, MM is NOT going to put in with poor teams for so much that my winrate is SO poor, so it MUST be me. My recent winrate is decent enough, but I am really struggling with this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

VeryRisky #16 Posted 09 July 2013 - 10:33 AM

General

• Player
  • 18537 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
I'm still a long way off the T71 but this made me laugh:

DeLuXo #17 Posted 09 July 2013 - 10:42 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 4096 battles
As a T71 driver and an occassional LT driver, I think it's the fact that the T71 is about the only light tank worth playing intelligently because it CAN inflict so much damage. The Chaffee fits this as well, they're great little tanks.

On a side-note: It's not overpowered and people who think that it is should take it for a drive themselves. The tracks break from every hit you take, your armour can and will be overmatched by tier 4/5 75mm guns and there's that reload that leaves you vulnerable for 20 seconds.

sephibaby #18 Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:35 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 33657 battles
  • [O_E_P] O_E_P
Kudos to superkart and his vast knowledge of the game at 139 battles, his generalization of HE and hellcats was - erm - useful :facepalm:
P.S I love it when I'm shooting at blind Tigers, and they're waving their turret around looking to see what hit them whilst I set them on fire :playing:

T71 is my fave tank by a country mile... it has some drawbacks though

1. If one of your crew members sneezes, you'll catch fire, no joke - Major MacDowell (my commander) has been de-moted to the Cunningham on several occasions because his hayfever has lit my fuel tank up *sigh* He'll learn
2. It suffers crew/module damage like nothing you've seen before
3. People HATE the tank - be prepared to hold your twig and giggleberries as you get peppered from all sides
4. It's an extremely difficult tank to use well, it requires you to use it differently on every map... see below

for instance, a wide open map like Kampinovka or Steppes requires patience, hide in a bush - and rack up thousands of spotting damage :bush:
on a map that's close quarters such as Ruinberg or Himmelsdorf, you need to use it like a medium - flank and unload whilst the heavies trade punches, then bolt when they look at you :hiding:
If you're on a map like Sacrad Valley or Pearl River, Find a nice bit of cover and snipe the s**t out of people - if you have Deadeye on your gunner, this thing can light up matches under water :trollface:

Obviously, every tank has a 'most effective' way to be played, I've found that to be extremely aggressive with the T71 gives you the best chance of doing well, and I've built my crew and equipped it to succeed in this role

Commander - BIA, 6th Sense, Camo, Recon @80% (situational awareness will be number 5)
Gunner - BIA, Deadeye, Camo, Snapshot @80% (going to re-train that to safe stowage when 100% as i'm fed up with my ammo rack getting damaged) 5th skill will be snapshot again
Driver - BIA, Smooth Ride, Camo, Off Road Driving @80% (will become Preventitive Maint. when done) 5th will be Off Road Driving again

Vents, Optics, and Vert Stabilizer - I don't carry any premium ammo, it isn't necessary in this tank, it won't help you pen your target area (back/sides) anymore than usual anyway

My Record is 1018 Games - 1245 Kills
Average XP 909, Max XP 3018 (oh yeah, 3018 base XP!!! Check me in game if you don't believe me)
1088 Average damage
Win Ratio 57%

MOST IMPORTANT OF ALL - don't let your team force you to move when you know you can't do it safely, don't suicide rush, and don't go on a mad arty run because someone tells you to do so, you're useless dead... This isn't a pure scout imho, and I don't use it as such - get a chaffee if you want to sit in every bush all the time

Go get 'em :izmena:

Edited by sephibaby, 10 July 2013 - 09:31 AM.

Soft_Kitty_Warm_Kitty #19 Posted 10 July 2013 - 08:47 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22054 battles
  • [TEC] TEC

View Postsephibaby, on 10 July 2013 - 01:35 AM, said:

Kudos to superkart and his vast knowledge of the game at 139 battles, his generalization of HE and hellcats was - erm - useful  :facepalm:
P.S I love it when I'm shooting at blind Tigers, and they're waving their turret around looking to see what hit them whilst I set them on fire  :playing:

T71 is my fave tank by a country mile... it has some drawbacks though

1. If one of your crew members sneezes, you'll catch fire, no joke - Major MacDowell (my commander) has been de-moted to the Cunningham on several occasions because his hayfever has lit my fuel tank up *sigh* He'll learn
2. It suffers crew/module damage like nothing you've seen before
3. People HATE the tank - be prepared to hold your twig and giggleberries as you get peppered from all sides
4. It's an extremely difficult tank to use well, it requires you to use it differently on every map... see below

for instance, a wide open map like Kampinovka or Steppes requires patience, hide in a bush - and rack up thousands of spotting damage  :bush:
on a map that's close quarters such as Ruinberg or Malinovka, you need to use it like a medium - flank and unload whilst the heavies trade punches, then bolt when they look at you :hiding:
If you're on a map like Sacrad Valley or Pearl River, Find a nice bit of cover and snipe the s**t out of people - if you have Deadeye on your gunner, this thing can light up matches under water  :trollface:

Obviously, every tank has a 'most effective' way to be played, I've found that to be extremely aggressive with the T71 gives you the best chance of doing well, and I've built my crew and equipped it to succeed in this role

Commander - BIA, 6th Sense, Camo, Recon @80% (situational awareness will be number 5)
Gunner - BIA, Deadeye, Camo, Snapshot @80% (going to re-train that to safe stowage when 100% as i'm fed up with my ammo rack getting damaged) 5th skill will be snapshot again
Driver - BIA, Smooth Ride, Camo, Off Road Driving @80% (will become Preventitive Maint. when done) 5th will be Off Road Driving again

Vents, Optics, and Vert Stabilizer - I don't carry any premium ammo, it isn't necessary in this tank, it won't help you pen your target area (back/sides) anymore than usual anyway

My Record is 1018 Games - 1245 Kills
Average XP 909, Max XP 3018 (oh yeah, 3018 base XP!!! Check me in game if you don't believe me)
1088 Average damage
Win Ratio 57%

MOST IMPORTANT OF ALL - don't let your team force you to move when you know you can't do it safely, don't suicide rush, and don't go on a mad arty run because someone tells you to do so, you're useless dead... This isn't a pure scout imho, and I don't use it as such - get a chaffee if you want to sit in every bush all the time

Go get 'em  :izmena:

New to this little beast, 12 games, 9 wins  :smile:  Lets hope I can keep it up.

Thanks for the advice above, will definatly make use of it.  :teethhappy:

sephibaby #20 Posted 10 July 2013 - 09:29 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 33657 battles
  • [O_E_P] O_E_P
+1 PaganWarrior

It's always nice when people thank you for writing things that you hope people will benefit from :)

Thanks

Also tagged with T71, hated, rage, kill t71

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users