Unfair

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

PiefkuH #1 Posted 06 July 2013 - 02:38 PM

Private

• Player
  • 12118 battles
  • [WS] WS
Why is the matchmaking so freaking unfair??

going as tier 2 against tier 4/5 isnt realy fair

shit ass game only peeps with alot of real money are best

gonsi #2 Posted 06 July 2013 - 02:42 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 9721 battles
Tier 2 can normally go only against tier 4 max. Were you platooned perhaps?

Ppl that pay money get same MM atm and are usually far from being best...

del504082484 #3 Posted 06 July 2013 - 03:25 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22525 battles
I almost never see tier 4 in a tier 2 tank, in fact I am sure I have not been in a tier 4 game once while playing a tier 2. At most you should see tier 3 top, unless the MM panics and puts you into some crazy set up (I got thrown into a tier 8 room with my tier 5 Churchill I) this happens mostly late at night.

But if you are playing tier 3 tanks then you will know that you can meet tier 5's and plus 2 tiers max from then on, unless you are a scout class. I am an experienced player, and I have to admit that it can annoy me when I am constantly put into games as the lowest tier, carrying the game just becomes very hard and most of the time impossible for me.

As good as it feels to kill a tier 8 tank with a tier 6, I find that my most fun games are when I am either top tier or when there is only 2 or 3 tanks higher in tier then my own tank, those games where 10 out of 15 tanks are 1 or 2 tiers higher then me are just pure pain most of the time.

It is a good chance to make some nice exp though. When I am lowest tier I think to myself "this is my chance to beet my exp record" and I always give it my best shot. But yeah, when I get those days where I am getting tier 8 game after tier 8 game in my Cromwell, and there's hardly any tier 6 tanks on the enemy team, then I do feel like giving up for the day.

I can't help but wonder how many new players get put off playing this game, and that must be a lot of potential paying players for WG going off to find another game where they don't get rolled over by people 2 tiers above them. And to think,  they actually reduced the tier spread a while back, so no matter how bad you think it is now, it was much worse.

From a marketing point of view, what WG are doing is insane, and it must lose them players... but they are the first and currently the only tank mmo, so they have gotten away with it up until now.

JustARandomOne #4 Posted 06 July 2013 - 03:26 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 33118 battles
  • [T4K3] T4K3

View PostDolle_NL, on 06 July 2013 - 02:38 PM, said:

Why is the matchmaking so freaking unfair??

going as tier 2 against tier 4/5 isnt realy fair

shit ass game only peeps with alot of real money are best

Tierspread +-2 to high ? LOL
What if I told you it was much higher in the past ?
And btw, Scouttanks have higher MM... google WoT mechanics and look into the wiki which battletier (battletier =/= tanktier) your tank has.

And what has money to do with being the best ? NOTHING !
What are your benefits for using money ? Premium-acc -> Just fast leveling, Premiumtanks -> not better tanks than other, Goldequipment -> you can buy it with credits

Edited by C1BO, 06 July 2013 - 03:28 PM.

soolerman #5 Posted 06 July 2013 - 07:18 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24366 battles
My LolTractor got into two games with tear 5 tanks just after 8.6. Brown trouser time all the way both games.  :teethhappy:

Nekomancer #6 Posted 06 July 2013 - 11:24 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 11526 battles

View Postsoolerman, on 06 July 2013 - 07:18 PM, said:

My LolTractor got into two games with tear 5 tanks just after 8.6. Brown trouser time all the way both games.
Only possible in a platoon.

soolerman #7 Posted 06 July 2013 - 11:46 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24366 battles

View PostNekomancer, on 06 July 2013 - 11:24 PM, said:

Only possible in a platoon.

Yep so I have been assured before. But I don’t even know the way the platoon thing works. I certainly have not been in a platoon. I studiously avoid all online invitations of any kind. So I am never going to get into a platoon. All I remember for certain was both games had one tear 5 each and both games came fairly close together at something like 03:00 to 04:00 GMT. Within days of 8.6 going live. There weren’t very many players on the server at the time. It was only when I mentioned it to friend off line that he pointed out it was not possible. Fact is it happened. Fact is it cant have happened. End off.  :smile:

jambo93 #8 Posted 07 July 2013 - 12:35 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 14400 battles
stop your complaining mate, i mean in the past my tier 5 was meeting the likes of maus and is7

jaimy123 #9 Posted 07 July 2013 - 12:35 AM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 2816 battles
Just stop with this whining. Tier spread was +-3 a year ago (Right?) so you'd be facing tier 6's regularly. If I remember correctly in the beta tierspread was +-4 so yeah, get used to life here, MM isn't always in your favor pal.

Shegzor #10 Posted 07 July 2013 - 06:31 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 23555 battles
  • [TEC] TEC

View Postsoolerman, on 06 July 2013 - 11:46 PM, said:

Yep so I have been assured before. But I don’t even know the way the platoon thing works. I certainly have not been in a platoon. I studiously avoid all online invitations of any kind. So I am never going to get into a platoon. All I remember for certain was both games had one tear 5 each and both games came fairly close together at something like 03:00 to 04:00 GMT. Within days of 8.6 going live. There weren’t very many players on the server at the time. It was only when I mentioned it to friend off line that he pointed out it was not possible. Fact is it happened. Fact is it cant have happened. End off.  :smile:

Fact is, when matchmaker lacks players at particular tiers/tank types (eg. late at night), it starts freaking out and putting weird teams together. I distinctly remember seeing a screenshot with several top-tier arties (pre-8.6, when it wasn't supposed to be possible) and 7v7 games.
Fact is, if there's only 28 tier 1-2 players online at the same time, the matchmaker can't make a tier 1-2 15v15.
Fact is, if both the teams had a tier 5 tank in it, the it was a fair match. You didn't get matched against the tier 5 player, but against other tier 1-2. The game isn't supposed to make sure you can kill everybody on the battlefield by yourself, it's a team game.

Also, @OP: There are plenty of sources out there where you can read pretty much ANYTHING about the game, including how matchmaking works. If you're too lazy to do that and instead rather open topics on the forum about it (without even searching for similar topics before you do), it's your own fault. Do some research before making stupid claims. The ONLY way (besides playing at impossible hours) for you to get into battles with tanks higher than tier 3 is if you platooned with a tank of at least one tier higher than you. Both of those cases are your own fault - either stop doing that or stop whining.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users