KV-1 Vision Range

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
17 replies to this topic

Azunar #1 Posted 08 July 2013 - 05:33 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 1934 battles
Hello to all.

I have great problem, or probably not understand, how exactly working Skill+Optic+Binoculars on my KV-1.
I think that I know how they working in "Mountains Maps" or "Deserts Maps" or "Flat Maps"... I know that when the enemy is hiding behind somеthing or have better camouflage I`ll not see him fast or from far distance but I`m talking for other kind of problem. Most case on map which don`t have to much hills and it's a flat land I can`t see even on 100m or 200m or 300m.
If there is not anyone scout I`m 100% Dead !!!
I don`t know how much exactly the Skill of crew are giving to me in % or Meters but for Optic (10%) and Binoculars (25% in static position-camping) which mean 35%. My turret on last upgrade have 310m Vision range...

*Example:

310m+10%+25% = 310m+31m+77,5 = 418,5m

(This is without skill of crew, because I don't know how much exactly I take from this skill)

I know that whole minimap is around 1000m, and I think that with this 3 kinds, I should see 1/2 from map in static position in bushes may be!

*Am I right or am I wrong?

If someone can explain me with examples or show me the calculating scheme to can uderstand what happen with my tank, or where is my mistakes.

Regards Azunar!

P.S.: Excuse me if I`m dublicate the post but I was try to find the post with same name or this kind of problem and the result
was "nothing".
Excuse me and for my english - he is not my mother's language, I`m still working on it!

Edited by Azunar, 08 July 2013 - 05:35 AM.

Rico4uk #2 Posted 08 July 2013 - 05:48 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 25083 battles
  • [BASE] BASE
Optics and binoculars don't stack.

Azunar #3 Posted 08 July 2013 - 05:51 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 1934 battles

View PostRico4uk, on 08 July 2013 - 05:48 AM, said:

But skill told me that he can stack with both :)
Then I should know how much take from skill...

Edited by Azunar, 08 July 2013 - 05:51 AM.

KptStrzyga #4 Posted 08 July 2013 - 05:51 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 33306 battles
  • [ODIUM] ODIUM

View PostRico4uk, on 08 July 2013 - 05:48 AM, said:

This.

View PostAzunar, on 08 July 2013 - 05:51 AM, said:

But skill told me that he can stack with both :)
Skill stacks with optis and skill stacks with binos, but binos don`t stack with optis.
If there is anything else you don`t know this vid should explain:

Edited by KptStrzyga, 08 July 2013 - 05:56 AM.

OneBrat #5 Posted 08 July 2013 - 05:52 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 18001 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
actually you can say there are only two factors: your viewrange (crewskill, turret stats, equipment) and the enemy´s camo value (tank size,bush camo, crew skills, camo net)

now two tipps:

binos and optics dont work together ... max viewbonus is 25% with equip

go on curse.net and search for Melty Map´s Mathmod - hf

HellMine_LV #6 Posted 08 July 2013 - 06:04 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 13798 battles
  • [UN-LV] UN-LV
optics stop working when binocular telescope start

Azunar #7 Posted 08 July 2013 - 06:18 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 1934 battles
Thats not completely answer to me the case in flat lands and no vision on enemy tanks on 100m or 200m when I`m camping in bushes.
I`m thinking that pretty much times the enemy saw me before me. Probably I`ll should make a vidios for example :)

Thanks for video, helping, explains and the wasting time for my problem. I`m appreciated!

P.S.:probably more pratcite will show me the way of truth.

Combatbacon #8 Posted 08 July 2013 - 06:19 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 18828 battles
Coated optics do work on the move, but don't stack with Binocular Telescope while standing still and skills stack with both.

casusbelli15 #9 Posted 08 July 2013 - 06:24 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 49933 battles
The enemies cammo values unique to each tank also apply
For an E-100 or Maus sized tank this is neglible but it start to become significant for many of the tanks the KV-1 will be up against eg) a starionary stug III willl get a -25% camo coefficient applied to your view range.

full table here

http://forum.worldof...ouflage-tables/

^^ for a long time these values were not available to players so its good to have them to refer to.

Edited by casusbelli15, 08 July 2013 - 06:25 AM.

Steffenximus #10 Posted 08 July 2013 - 06:31 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 10648 battles
On flat maps you go to choke points, if you're good you never need to worry about snipers. And yes KV-1 is by far the best T5, I know, I drive it.

Azunar #11 Posted 08 July 2013 - 06:41 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 1934 battles
Tier.5 ; KV-1; Stationary Vision % - 9,75%; Gun 85mm F-30
Turet - 310m Vision

310m + 9.75% + 10%(Optic) = 310m + 30.225m + 31m =  371,225m

And whith skill I should get max, right? Thats mean (on minimap) 4 boxes and a half...

P.S.: Sorry for so much stupid questions, but I`m totaly newbie with T.5 tank which try to understand what need to do...
Thanks for the table :) I think she will help me!

Edited by Azunar, 08 July 2013 - 06:41 AM.

Homer_J #12 Posted 08 July 2013 - 07:39 AM

First Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 18313 battles
  • [AXIOM] AXIOM

View PostAzunar, on 08 July 2013 - 06:41 AM, said:

And whith skill I should get max, right? Thats mean (on minimap) 4 boxes and a half...

No, with a KV-1 you will never spot anything 4 boxes and a half (450m) away except on small maps such as Ensk or Himmelsdorf where 4 boxes and a half is much less than 450m.

You only get your max spotting range if the tank you are spotting has zero camo factor.

At tier 5 there are no such tanks so the range you can spot at will always be less.

Standing in the open in a heavy tank hoping to spot something before it spots you, no matter what equipment or skill you have is a bad idea.

Did you watch the video linked above?

Edited by Homer_J, 08 July 2013 - 07:40 AM.

Baldrickk #13 Posted 08 July 2013 - 08:02 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 14668 battles
  • [--P--] --P--
Well. I've done some testing in the past.  

T-50 needs to get close to 100m to spot my luchs (when stationary without bush)
And that is a scout.
A KV1 is blind in comparison. +25% of not a lot is still not a lot.

As someone above said,  you need to dictate the engagement area so that you can fight in close combat. Scouting in a kv1 isn't a good idea. Even with a better view range, you would still be spotted first as the KV1 is not very stealthy.

R0rschach #14 Posted 08 July 2013 - 08:54 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 43639 battles
  • [PZK] PZK
Kv1 is blind for his tier but this is the only downside of this great tank.the solution for this problem you say already:find somebody with better view range to drive in front of you or go to an urban area where view range doesnt matter or let the enemy come to you. Charging an td in a bush over an open area doesnt sound as an good idea dont you think?

Azunar #15 Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:29 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 1934 battles

View PostR0rschach, on 08 July 2013 - 08:54 AM, said:

Kv1 is blind for his tier but this is the only downside of this great tank.the solution for this problem you say already:find somebody with better view range to drive in front of you or go to an urban area where view range doesnt matter or let the enemy come to you. Charging an td in a bush over an open area doesnt sound as an good idea dont you think?

If there is not anyone friend online, will be very "easy" to find someone, even if I`m trying to explain situation or organize attack or defense, I`m geting very sweet words by adress of my family  :teethhappy:

View PostHomer_J, on 08 July 2013 - 07:39 AM, said:

Did you watch the video linked above?

Yes! This video explain a lot of things, but not everything that I got like expirience ingame  :smile:
2 examples from last few hour:

- 1 of enemy tanks almost ram me incidently when I`m was in bushesh and I was saw him on 50m-70m before he die. on almost flat map.
  why I don`t saw him?

- I was moving with other tanks to forword position, most of them was stoping and I was 1-st line and when I was entering in the bushes then I saw the enemy which was rotatin whole tank he was not anymore static  :smile:  probably he was saw me and was try to retreat. Why I dont saw him when in movie is told if you are moving camouflage is 50%...

About vision I think on hills the tank which is down can`t see the enemy cuz enemy is up on the hill we don`t use satelite  :teethhappy:  but enemy was saw me and kill me...

Soon I`ll make a few videos of case like this when I`m saw enemy few (50-100) meters before full contact - static and not static.
Then we will talk again  :teethhappy:

P.S.: Next my post will be for hiting and dmg, there will be needed help and answers again.

Edited by Azunar, 08 July 2013 - 11:00 AM.

Homer_J #16 Posted 08 July 2013 - 01:23 PM

First Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 18313 battles
  • [AXIOM] AXIOM
Enable replays in the game options, then no need to take videos.  Replays are much better because we can look at it from different angles.

I suspect you were hiding behind more than one bush.  This makes you invisible but also prevents you seeing anything.  If you can't see through a bush in sniper view then you can't spot anything through the bush.

Camo on moving is not always 50%, light tanks usually have the same camo when moving as they do stationary, some tanks have far worse than 50% when moving.

Edited by Homer_J, 08 July 2013 - 01:24 PM.

cestvel #17 Posted 08 July 2013 - 02:19 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 24405 battles
  • [F-T-R] F-T-R

View PostAzunar, on 08 July 2013 - 10:29 AM, said:

If there is not anyone friend online, will be very "easy" to find someone, even if I`m trying to explain situation or organize attack or defense, I`m geting very sweet words by adress of my family  :teethhappy:

Yes! This video explain a lot of things, but not everything that I got like expirience ingame  :smile:
2 examples from last few hour:

- 1 of enemy tanks almost ram me incidently when I`m was in bushesh and I was saw him on 50m-70m before he die. on almost flat map.
  why I don`t saw him?

- I was moving with other tanks to forword position, most of them was stoping and I was 1-st line and when I was entering in the bushes then I saw the enemy which was rotatin whole tank he was not anymore static  :smile:  probably he was saw me and was try to retreat. Why I dont saw him when in movie is told if you are moving camouflage is 50%...

About vision I think on hills the tank which is down can`t see the enemy cuz enemy is up on the hill we don`t use satelite  :teethhappy:  but enemy was saw me and kill me...

Soon I`ll make a few videos of case like this when I`m saw enemy few (50-100) meters before full contact - static and not static.
Then we will talk again  :teethhappy:

P.S.: Next my post will be for hiting and dmg, there will be needed help and answers again.

Bushes block spotting by a great margin. It works both ways. On the first example you seem to have been deep into bushes, so you could not look out and mostly spotted the enemy on 50m auto spot range.
In the second example, the enemy was behind bushes, so blocked from view. And your puny KV-1 viewrange is not good enough to penetrate the bushes.

50% reduction while moving on something that has at least something is still better than the full of nothing the KV-1 has.

Azunar #18 Posted 08 July 2013 - 03:01 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 1934 battles

View Postcestvel, on 08 July 2013 - 02:19 PM, said:

Bushes block spotting by a great margin. It works both ways. On the first example you seem to have been deep into bushes, so you could not look out and mostly spotted the enemy on 50m auto spot range.
In the second example, the enemy was behind bushes, so blocked from view. And your puny KV-1 viewrange is not good enough to penetrate the bushes.

50% reduction while moving on something that has at least something is still better than the full of nothing the KV-1 has.

For 1-st example, where is Binoculars, which looks like periscope, and the target is in moving ?

Fors 2-nd example, target is rotating whole tank, thats mean no more camouflage and 50% chance to uncovered ?

*sometimes when I`m in deep bushes without moving anything even turret, I was got a "grey" hits, which mean far away distance and low dmg because enemy is to far away from my spot. And in some case when the "Great Tank" bless me, and I have light tank close to me with more range from me it's a same, I`m talking about hits from somewhre, from some 1 (not artilery)...

Did you have and answer for this ?

P.S.: 2 days (more then 50 battles in different maps) I`m play with Skill, Optic and binoculars, I know that they not working all together, but believe me sometime I don`t see the difference... After all this upgrades and the skill which was reach 100% I think I`m die much more from before upgrading  :teethhappy: and my gameplay is not changing...

On 95% I`m sure that everyone in this game, sometimes have situation like this. Don`t forget that Shooting is equal of uncovered position like the movie talking  :blinky: But I even not get spectate of enemy's position like situation of closer range fight...

Edited by Azunar, 08 July 2013 - 03:09 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users