Jump to content


How to start a tank company with 4-5 friends in a few minutes?


This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
16 replies to this topic

piov1984 #1 Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:11 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 0 battles
  • 42
  • Member since:
    04-23-2013
Hello guys,
we are a little group of friends on Ts3, beginners of the game (i am the one playing from a longer period).
We find very frustrating to have to split in two groups while platooning so we are trying to start some tank companies (Junior level indeed), but, until now, we always gave up because it takes ages to start one!

If we enter a lobby created by someone it is not granted that he will pick all of us, either because he does not like the tanks we are using or other reasons i am not aware of. We tried to create ourselves a TC but noone enter or they enter and very quickly go away. It is very frustrating waisting time like this and not be able to play togheter, being forced to play two different 2-3 men platoons.

Is there a trick? Something to write as a title that "magically" (and fast) bring people to your lobby? Is there a "fast-starting guide" for tank companies or something similar?

Thank you very much

Trevez #2 Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:14 AM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Clan Commander
  • 0 battles
  • 901
  • Member since:
    06-01-2011
The trick is to build up your friends list of people that join your TC. Get the results you need for them to keep coming back and then SPAM the invites!!

hope that helps

ParEx #3 Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:20 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 0 battles
  • 1,454
  • Member since:
    02-19-2011
Problem is that most TC-commanders choose the players they get not only by vehicle but also by skill.
Beginners = less chance of beeing taken into company.

piov1984 #4 Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:22 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 0 battles
  • 42
  • Member since:
    04-23-2013

View PostTrevez, on 08 July 2013 - 10:14 AM, said:

The trick is to build up your friends list of people that join your TC. Get the results you need for them to keep coming back and then SPAM the invites!!

hope that helps

Yes it helps thanks, but in other words is very difficult to start a TC if you don't have such a list.. And what about writing something that works better than other (to attract people) as a "title"?

View PostParEx, on 08 July 2013 - 10:20 AM, said:

Problem is that most TC-commanders choose the players they get not only by vehicle but also by skill.
Beginners = less chance of beeing taken into company.

And how can they see that they are beginners? is there a tool, a mod?

Edited by piov1984, 08 July 2013 - 10:25 AM.


Stieger11 #5 Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:32 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • 1,561
  • Member since:
    12-18-2010

View Postpiov1984, on 08 July 2013 - 10:22 AM, said:

Yes it helps thanks, but in other words is very difficult to start a TC if you don't have such a list.. And what about writing something that works better than other (to attract people) as a "title"?



And how can they see that they are beginners? is there a tool, a mod?

Right click on name => user details, voilà...

Trevez #6 Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:33 AM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Clan Commander
  • 0 battles
  • 901
  • Member since:
    06-01-2011
you can have all the stat programs you want, but the best FC's build up there friends list over time, then people will join because you win 90-100% of battles.

Theres no quick fix for what your after, but to speed up the process you can join a clan and spam clan invites.

grahoo87 #7 Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:37 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 0 battles
  • 282
  • Member since:
    01-27-2012
They look at your battle count you have. I have some tool too which tells me how good you are (Damage per battle on each tank or overal, WN6, Efficiency, etc.), it shows those informations in your in-game player's statistics panel, it's called Grandpa's Kiss XVM mod. TC commanders prefer some tanks too, for example for tier VIII they need IS-3 for attack, 2-3 artys to support, AMX 13 90 for scouting/spotting and arty hunting and sometimes Tiger II or T34 for defence. If you come to TC with TD or medium tank they will probably kick you out of TC. When you create TC and good players will see another tanks than I mentioned, they will go away and search for another team.

piov1984 #8 Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:43 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 0 battles
  • 42
  • Member since:
    04-23-2013

View Postgrahoo87, on 08 July 2013 - 10:37 AM, said:

They look at your battle count you have. I have some tool too which tells me how good you are (Damage per battle on each tank or overal, WN6, Efficiency, etc.), it shows those informations in your in-game player's statistics panel, it's called Grandpa's Kiss XVM mod. TC commanders prefer some tanks too, for example for tier VIII they need IS-3 for attack, 2-3 artys to support, AMX 13 90 for scouting/spotting and arty hunting and sometimes Tiger II or T34 for defence. If you come to TC with TD or medium tank they will probably kick you out of TC. When you create TC and good players will see another tanks than I mentioned, they will go away and search for another team.

thank you this is very informative. What are good tanks in junior tank companies in your opinion? We have hetzer, T28, PzII/IV, T40, M8A1. I looked at some guides but they are all outdated since 8.6 (no tier 4 TD was usable before)

grahoo87 #9 Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:54 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 0 battles
  • 282
  • Member since:
    01-27-2012
I haven't played for a long time on junior and after 8.6 things may have changed. When I played TC commanders wanted T-28 or PzIII, sometimes Marder II but now on TCs tier limits for TDs and mediums have changed. Best idea is to visit Junior TCs rooms and look which tanks are used by good players, look at TC commander's players page and checks his win ratio, when it's high and he has many battles on any tier IV tank it may mean he is playing Junior TCs very often and he knows which tanks suits this tier.

Trt_Smrt #10 Posted 08 July 2013 - 11:12 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 0 battles
  • 367
  • Member since:
    11-09-2012
With XVM mod, you can see the WN6 stats for players who enter the TC room, therefore you kind of know what players there are. I'm not sure about the Junior TC, as I'm mostly commanding the Medium and Chapmion TCs, but i wold take a couple of Matildas as a replacement for Heavies, PZIII/IV as mediums with one T28, Couple of hetzers with 10.8cm guns, T40 and 1-2 arties. Not sure about the lights as i don't know if the tier limit for them is III or IV (can't see here on laptop).

The thing is - you have to build your friends list and provide the ppl with good fun when playing. Preferably wining as well. After that you'll have no problems finding the crew for TCs. We also struggled for a bit at start, but after we started making 30 wins in a row with only 1-2 looses, people started coming on a regular basis.

piov1984 #11 Posted 08 July 2013 - 11:26 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 0 battles
  • 42
  • Member since:
    04-23-2013

View PostTrt_Smrt, on 08 July 2013 - 11:12 AM, said:

With XVM mod, you can see the WN6 stats for players who enter the TC room, therefore you kind of know what players there are. I'm not sure about the Junior TC, as I'm mostly commanding the Medium and Chapmion TCs, but i wold take a couple of Matildas as a replacement for Heavies, PZIII/IV as mediums with one T28, Couple of hetzers with 10.8cm guns, T40 and 1-2 arties. Not sure about the lights as i don't know if the tier limit for them is III or IV (can't see here on laptop).

The thing is - you have to build your friends list and provide the ppl with good fun when playing. Preferably wining as well. After that you'll have no problems finding the crew for TCs. We also struggled for a bit at start, but after we started making 30 wins in a row with only 1-2 looses, people started coming on a regular basis.

I tried that mod but when i start the XVM-stat.exe there is an error and it does not work.. thank anyway.

Gleb_Reawer #12 Posted 08 July 2013 - 12:26 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Player
  • 0 battles
  • 612
  • Member since:
    10-23-2011
Read trough the XVM installation carefully(usually provided in the description of said XVM). You might have missed something like Dokan library etc.

Technocrat_Prime #13 Posted 08 July 2013 - 04:01 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • 2,503
  • Member since:
    11-22-2010

View PostTrevez, on 08 July 2013 - 10:33 AM, said:

Theres no quick fix for what your after, but to speed up the process you can join a clan and spam clan invites.

Be honest: would you join a clan that has to resort to spamming invites in randoms?

Trevez #14 Posted 08 July 2013 - 04:03 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Clan Commander
  • 0 battles
  • 901
  • Member since:
    06-01-2011

View PostTechnocrat_Prime, on 08 July 2013 - 04:01 PM, said:

Be honest: would you join a clan that has to resort to spamming invites in randoms?

Im not saying that... im saying he should join a clan close to 100 member's, then spam TC invites to his clan :P

Technocrat_Prime #15 Posted 08 July 2013 - 04:12 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • 2,503
  • Member since:
    11-22-2010
That's more like it!

piov1984 #16 Posted 09 July 2013 - 07:58 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 0 battles
  • 42
  • Member since:
    04-23-2013

View PostGleb_Reawer, on 08 July 2013 - 12:26 PM, said:

Read trough the XVM installation carefully(usually provided in the description of said XVM). You might have missed something like Dokan library etc.

Thanks, i ran the xvm-stat.exe as administrator and it worked, now i can see the WN6 of peoples joining TC, and also the other captain's WN6..... and they are horrible! I mean i wandered around in the junior TC for a while yesterday and i've not managed to find a captain who is over 40 WN6 (over around 900 i think) in more than 40 minutes!!! Many many players who are starting a TC junior have a wn6 of 0, yes 0.... i don't even know how it is possible to score 0 (bots account ?).

I am not the best player for sure, i have a lot to learn but i was expecting at least some experienced captain here and there, at least better than me.. The best player i found was a 37 WN6 german guy but he required to log their german ts so it would be impossible to me to understand.

Should i try to create my own TC? I read some guides on how to do the captain, but i dunno if i have the experience.. And it could take ages to start, i guess i will try tonight.

View PostTrevez, on 08 July 2013 - 04:03 PM, said:

Im not saying that... im saying he should join a clan close to 100 member's, then spam TC invites to his clan :P

The problem is always the same: we have our own teamspeak 3 server, usually every clan (at least italian clans) require that for tank company you use the clan's Ts3. I could try to find a clan with a lot of members that do not have this costrain but i don't think i will find good players in such a clan :)

Anyway thank again for your useful comments +1 to all
pardon my english

Edited by piov1984, 09 July 2013 - 08:22 AM.


Baldrickk #17 Posted 09 July 2013 - 09:20 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 0 battles
  • 2,123
  • Member since:
    03-03-2013
My clan uses mumble, but as not everyone uses it, we also use the in game voice chat. (At least have it on so they can listen) and ask the same for companies when we do them.

Low tier company battles are not often played by high level players unless they are seal clubbing. Usually there are too many derps flying around one shotting tanks. At least I feel that there are in randoms. Not played low level tc.