F2P

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
124 replies to this topic

JayJay4466 #121 Posted 09 July 2013 - 04:58 PM

Major

• Player
  • 18320 battles

View PostREDdemidry, on 09 July 2013 - 04:44 PM, said:

It farmed by using down-barrel positions that even american tanks could only dream of at that time. It's being called "distinctive competence". From that moment on the feature was presented by more vehicles, making it less distinctive, making it less competitive. It's not a direct nerf but a direct loss of performance nevertheless.

Are you referring to gun depression? The Type did not have good gun depression, I assure you! That didn't really matter, mind, because that wasn't how you used it. Where you make a fair point is if we talk about the armour sloping- there are far more tanks in the game now that have heavily sloped armour like the Type than used to be the case, that's undeniable, and in that regard you are correct.

What we are talking about there is power-creep, which is of course an indirect nerf. Power creep affects all vehicles that exist at the time of the new introductions though, its not specifically targetted at premium tanks!

Power-creep is definitely a problem- its been discussed here in the past at length. The implication from your argument though is that its deliberate and that it has premium tanks in particular in its sights, and I think that's just too much of a stretch. I think power-creep is almost inevitable as more and more vehicles are introduced and mechanics are tweaked and fine-tuned.

Now I may be wrong, of course, but I don't think for one moment that the changes I listed above regarding tier 2 were specifically introduced to undermine the Micro-Maus, that was merely an unintended consequence. And I don't think anyone was that bothered about it anyway.

We've seen power-creep become an issue for some of the tier 8 and 9 meds, with the introduction of tier 10 meds and TD's. Its definitely an issue. I guess the debate is whether its a deliberate tactic or not.

Dewirix #122 Posted 09 July 2013 - 05:10 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 13001 battles

View PostJayJay4466, on 09 July 2013 - 04:58 PM, said:

Are you referring to gun depression? The Type did not have good gun depression, I assure you!

I assumed that the gun depression thing was a reference to the Dicker Max, which does have good depression.

JayJay4466 #123 Posted 09 July 2013 - 05:11 PM

Major

• Player
  • 18320 battles

View PostDewirix, on 09 July 2013 - 05:10 PM, said:

I assumed that the gun depression thing was a reference to the Dicker Max, which does have good depression.

Ah, that would make sense! My mistake!

Murphy1up #124 Posted 09 July 2013 - 07:04 PM

Lieutenant General

• Military Reserve
  • 11327 battles
  • [-QQ-] -QQ-
Personally if a game is enjoyable, and I spend a lot of time on it/in it, I don't mind spending a little each month for it. I've stuck a fair amount of money into League of Legends just to get cool skins or maybe an IP/Exp boost, and into Planetside 2 for weapons and cosmetics. Why? Because I play those games lots and want to look cool when doing so.

There is multiple "one off" payment games I wish I never purchased in the first place (I'm looking at you Sim City) or others I paid for but rarely touched and wished I waited for reviews from friends 1st.  If I'm still playing a game 2 to 3 years after it came out, or 5 months after it came out it's my "go to" game when I have spare time, then yeah, I'll throw money at it.

10 euro a month is a meal at McDonalds. I can happily forget something like that to stick into a game that helps me relax, allows me to play with friends/family, is dam good fun.

elfwise #125 Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:42 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 21653 battles
Imagine if one day, if they really need it, or they're forced to do so because they cannot afford any more "f2" players, WG introduces subscription-only game model. And it costs, let's say, 30% of current premium cost.

How many people would accept new terms, only because they've invested so much time, money and energy in the game already?

What do you think?

Edited by elfwise, 10 July 2013 - 08:36 PM.

Also tagged with F2P

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users