Pz. III/IV view range

PzIII/IV Pz III/IV view range

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

QeneX #1 Posted 09 July 2013 - 07:24 AM

Private

• Player
  • 16460 battles
Well, I recently started playing Pz. III/IV as moneymaker. I <3 its mobility and it has some armor that you can sometimes rely on. But it has one serious issue - view range. Stock and second turrets both offer only 320m of view range. That's too low IMO.
Example - me, standing still showing only turret, with camo net and ~35% camo skill, not firing and being killed by invisible M6. That was only one of many examples, when I was shot by invisible heavies. How can it be medium, when it is nearly blind?
And funny thing is that commander's cupola is SO big (and eye-beating weakspot), but he still cannot see anything. :amazed:

So my suggestion is - view range of this tank should be buffed.

Alzoc #2 Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:33 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 16045 battles
That's an issue on all low tier german meds. Gets better from tier VI and above.

Back on topic, never found that the low view range was an issue since I never played this thing in first line (If I remember correctly, played it long ago), rather used it as a mobile and invisible flanker, flanking and getting a nice position to engage enemy then withdrawing as soon as they noticed me. View range is important for scouts, front liners and snipers, IMO none of those are the role of the III/IV.

Edited by Alzoc, 09 July 2013 - 08:35 AM.

Bala79 #3 Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:47 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 31952 battles
  • [ORDEM] ORDEM
M6 have the same view range than you, when stock, and 350m when it have the 2nd turet. But he can shot you from 500m if some nasty scout light you from some bush 100m from you. 320m is ok for tier 5-6 games, still you must know that in open space, there are tanks that can spot you before you spot them, so stay behind some tank that have better view range.

The best example of it is the Hetzer. That TD have the best camo in game, but the view range is...260! So, if you know how to rely on friendly spotting, you can shoot at 300-400m at someone withouth being spotted(by that target).

QeneX #4 Posted 09 July 2013 - 09:18 AM

Private

• Player
  • 16460 battles
Well, I never play this tank in first line. But its not-so-good gun and great speed sometimes force me to scout in tier 7 matches. And correct me if I'm wrong, but Pz. III/IV has the worst view range of all tier 5 mediums (significantly!) and with M3 lee the worst view range even in tier 4 (T-34 with stock turret is another story  :trollface: )

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users