I will not rage

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12 replies to this topic

JohnnyMaverik #1 Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:45 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 16903 battles
Ok, so, I am a rager, I fairly regularly will go to chat and insult the living **** out of my team, even if we are winning, because I died and it's their fault... or at least it feels like it is, until i exit to garage and then I don't care any more because I'm too busy feeling embarrassed.

This wasn't much of a problem when I first started playing because hey, i didn't have a clue either so w/e, i died or we lost, ok, gg, wp, idk... what can u do, stuff happens, move on. But the more you know... problem is now when something goes wrong I can look at my map and yes, there are always at lest 3 or 4 tanks that are being a little (or very) durpy, KV1S' camping base in a tier 6 or 7 game, light tanks trying to snipe, arty with no numbers next to their name (careful with that one, more than once I've in fact been the arty player with no numbers but really when you get to see damage done, I have a few thousand numbers and vice versa, sometimes you have huge numbers, but damage done, couple of hundred, kill stealing like a boss xD) people who have just gone the wrong way or done something incredibly durpy... lemming trains, w/e, one quarter of the average team give or take.

It's not worth it people, I know that it just makes me feel silly, childish and embarrassed, which it should, because it's silly, childish and embarrassing and I know I'm not the only one... we need help I tell you.

Edited by JohnnyMaverik, 15 July 2013 - 06:24 AM.

kwk75l48 #2 Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:46 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 18998 battles
  • [TDC] TDC
I simply succumb to the power of 'Ho Hum'

War_of_Genius #3 Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:51 PM

Major

• Player
  • 28968 battles
Yes, I have the same problem and I work on it, too. Maybe u should go and ask Sheridan for an advice.

Arkhell #4 Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:56 PM

Lieutenant General

• Beta Tester
  • 16942 battles
I try not to rage, i really do. but there is just so much a person can take and sometimes that limit is reached (a lot of times on an average day playing WoT) and i just need to vent.

but on the other side, i play games so i can vent all pend up rage and frustration in a virtual world so i can keep my cool in the real one, so yeah.. sorry you guys are my venting outlet so expect some abuse now and again :teethhappy:

Ravenlunatic #5 Posted 10 July 2013 - 10:17 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 9812 battles
  • [CRY] CRY
Raging happens in almost all games. I try not to but sometimes I give into it.
To me raging at an entire team is fine but don't pick on one person even if they are terrible!
The amount of times I've been told I was rubbish in my arty as I had 0 kills only to come top of the damage chart is just silly.

clanmcwood #6 Posted 11 July 2013 - 09:48 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22156 battles
  • [-VIC-] -VIC-
I am a habitual rager TBH to the point where there are a couple of people in my clan that wont platoon with me as I tend to have an "RNG" rage over TS. I am working on it but still when teams suicide or camp base or scouts refuse to scout even experience players.

I feel it strange that people who show the lack of intelligence on par with needing help to breath in and out manage to switch a computer on!

I do really love it when I get raged AT though, I find it really amusing, then at the end of the game when Im top of damage and xp I go find the rager, send a private message and simply write... "you were saying?" I have actually got an apology several times lol even platooning with the rager and explaining why I was at a certain point on the map and why. it seems some people do what to learn.  :teethhappy:

Edited by clanmcwood, 11 July 2013 - 10:05 AM.

Unch_04 #7 Posted 11 July 2013 - 02:17 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 59187 battles
  • [FE2O3] FE2O3
lemming train can be serious tactic... > good old rush with single point impact .. and then spread... :) like AP

> there are 14 minds in the game on your side and sure thay want do what you imagened...
=and 15 more mad opponents, camping and suiciding randomly... still wanting your heads...

what u expected?

Unch_04 #8 Posted 11 July 2013 - 02:25 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 59187 battles
  • [FE2O3] FE2O3
be mad only at yourselves= cause you certainlly could do better....

and there are various reasons why any of those teammates aren't up to your expectations:
90% of people in game are HARD CAMPERS
there are small children in random battles
there are people in thair bathrooms while in battles
there are some noob friends trying out game at thair friends
and there are people that were angry before thay logged into tanks= so it's 2xR and a titan will to kill/ but tank is only a tank...
offcourse, we can't forget techincal issues= any WiFi have flow problems from time to time
and damn computer doing his updating in the middle of the fight... HERE! HAVE A 5fps!

Ludo787 #9 Posted 11 July 2013 - 03:12 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 18612 battles
Ah, raging, I remember when I raged about game crashing 2 times during the same battle, a pure dose of happiness...  :great:  (This irony killed me).

A good against rage is to tlak to someone kind from the ennemy team post-battle, like you did a nice job, can you tell me stuff about a tank, etc... Just to see that there are nice people that even own a brain (maybe you could platoon with them to have better chances of win). Whatever, nice people help me against rage and i want to help too, maybe this +1 I gave you will make you less angry (I'm an idealist sometimes). Have a nice day!  :smile:

Armoured_Ghost #10 Posted 11 July 2013 - 03:28 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 8007 battles
  • [_RA_] _RA_
I'm not much of a rager.

The only time I get annoyed is when I maybe one of two tanks left against seven on the opposing team, and you get spectators moaning if you don't end up winning. I will be in my StuG and have 4-5 kills, while the guy moaning died early on with 0 kills. and then he expects me to get all of the others!

JohnnyMaverik #11 Posted 15 July 2013 - 06:26 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 16903 battles
I've been forcing myself to not rage in chat and I've been playing way better, several huge carries in the last 7 days... you gotta channel the anger man xD.

DD_Zooly #12 Posted 15 July 2013 - 07:10 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 11842 battles
I normally just let it go but sometimes people just press the right buttons, a guy on the enemy team raging at me for being a camping noob (yes I killed him) which would be fine except I was in a JT  :teethhappy:

Edited by DD_Zooly, 15 July 2013 - 07:11 AM.

cloded #13 Posted 15 July 2013 - 08:30 AM

Private

• Player
  • 11467 battles
I am not rager my self i'm actullay a cool headed player (not camper) rarely rage and i don't care about other players doing mistakes and die i care more about my self and what i did wrong . So  dear ragers thank you all you helped me alot to fix my gameplay as team player  :smile:  beside keep the rage ON some players may learn somthing from you guys  :glasses:  i am sure they will thank u later.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users