Mid-Week Medal Hunt: Patrol Duty

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
17 replies to this topic

Community #1 Posted 16 July 2013 - 10:32 AM

Sergeant

• Content Team
  • 0 battles
Keep the enemies spotted for your team to destroy them! This time skilled scouts have the chance to earn more experience!

Full news text

jagdtigerarecoming #2 Posted 16 July 2013 - 10:54 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 12515 battles
Hard to gain, but good medal anyway :smile:

comintogetu #3 Posted 16 July 2013 - 10:58 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 29982 battles
  • [51HD] 51HD
I tend to get this one more by accident than design.....normally in my KV1!  :amazed:

Amexx #4 Posted 16 July 2013 - 11:08 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 40883 battles
  • [FAME] FAME
Why always this medal. This is useless like this weekend special with t5 or these big and heavy american mission like ok its nice the discount and more credits, but wtf kill each of them and you will get 2 large repair kits OMG. Ty wg like this is stupid in my opinion. Why cant be instead patrol duty which is hard to get its no fun and you have to play scouts or some small tank ofc i got yesterday with my super pershing coz its stronk ckaut tenk but its soo fucking rare why no sniper why no kamikaze spartan these are mdals too, defender, invader etc... its just stupid.

Rabbitsoda #5 Posted 16 July 2013 - 11:49 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 10533 battles

View PostAmexx, on 16 July 2013 - 11:08 AM, said:

Why always this medal. This is useless like this weekend special with t5 or these big and heavy american mission like ok its nice the discount and more credits, but wtf kill each of them and you will get 2 large repair kits OMG. Ty wg like this is stupid in my opinion. Why cant be instead patrol duty which is hard to get its no fun and you have to play scouts or some small tank ofc i got yesterday with my super pershing coz its stronk ckaut tenk but its soo fucking rare why no sniper why no kamikaze spartan these are mdals too, defender, invader etc... its just stupid.

2 Large repair kits is better than nothing. Kamikaze is Title of Honor or "special achievement", Spartan is not a "medal" its Commemorative achievement. Sniper has and Will be there if you for some reason have not seen it.
The idea probably is to make them hard to get so that everyone does not get those.

Dotore21 #6 Posted 16 July 2013 - 02:51 PM

Private

• Player
  • 35801 battles
  • [AR_RE] AR_RE
Between 13-16 july was the same medal, but different bonus. Maybe we are tired of playing with scouts ? Steelwall or TopGun would be nice, not same medal over and over again

Skande #7 Posted 16 July 2013 - 03:25 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 44151 battles
  • [-IRF-] -IRF-
If that extra 2k exp was given as free exp it would truly be great and even a bigger hunt as one could use your scout to advance a stock tank a bit without having a 0-13 streak just to get off that stock gun....?

Rato_Black_Baron #8 Posted 16 July 2013 - 04:05 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 31160 battles
I'm going to post this table just one more time. Last time, I promise. :trollface:
Battle Hero Hunts - Rewards & Weeks
Spoiler                     
Since the beginning of 2013, that WoT-EU have these week medal hunt missions.
The week medal is always introduced in the 3 days weekend special, and remains for the Wednesday mid-week hunt.

The one scout medal that I think WoT is avoiding, it's
Scout = "crazy" scout in a bad team, very common but you need to win, lowest reward, chosen only one week.
vs
Patrol Duty = effective scouting in a good team, harder to get but you can lose, top reward, chosen for the 5th week.
I've got to agree with the WoT choice criteria, for scounting medals hunts.

Skande, free exp would be a great reward for Tuesday, Thursday or Friday new hunt.

Good scouting!

FadetoB1ack #9 Posted 16 July 2013 - 04:38 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 24129 battles

View PostRato_Black_Baron, on 16 July 2013 - 04:05 PM, said:

I'm going to post this table just one more time. Last time, I promise. :trollface:
Battle Hero Hunts - Rewards & Weeks
Spoiler                     
Since the beginning of 2013, that WoT-EU have these week medal hunt missions.
The week medal is always introduced in the 3 days weekend special, and remains for the Wednesday mid-week hunt.

The one scout medal that I think WoT is avoiding, it's
Scout = "crazy" scout in a bad team, very common but you need to win, lowest reward, chosen only one week.
vs
Patrol Duty = effective scouting in a good team, harder to get but you can lose, top reward, chosen for the 5th week.
I've got to agree with the WoT choice criteria, for scounting medals hunts.

Skande, free exp would be a great reward for Tuesday, Thursday or Friday new hunt.

Good scouting!
Indeed, too many patrol duties, you almost never get them in randoms and yet WG put them on events all the time..
I'm fine with top gun, hell even scout medal is earned more frequently..
These events are supposed to be taken advantage of completely, not 'accidently' stumbled upon.

Another useless event, thanks for that. I'm pretty sure i'll get 0 patrol duties this weekend..

Pegster #10 Posted 16 July 2013 - 08:33 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 26753 battles
What a pile of crap.. I get it today an it starts tomorrow barrhumbug

Victory!
Battle: Westfield 16 July 2013 20:00:46
Vehicle: T29
Experience received: 4,586 (x2)
Credits received: 65,353
Battle Achievements: Steel Wall, Patrol Duty, Sniper, Mastery Badge: "Ace Tanker"

Edited by Pegster, 16 July 2013 - 08:34 PM.

Chuffy #11 Posted 16 July 2013 - 09:33 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6978 battles
Patrol Duty is a luck based award. If it is possible to get it deliberately, it would almost certainly require playing in a counter-intuitive way and a way not necessarily beneficial to your team.

Sniper, Confederate, Top Gun, Invader and Defender all require both skill and useful contribution.

I personally value Confederate medals above all others as the ultimate team players award, even above Top Gun which I have more of. I never deliberately play for Confederate, but on the 59 occasions I've been awarded it I felt justifiably proud.  :medal:

Edited by Chuffy, 16 July 2013 - 09:36 PM.

SendHimToSpace #12 Posted 17 July 2013 - 02:03 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 45828 battles
It's not luck based. All you gotta do is drive a light tank or a fast medium and passive scout from a nice bush.

estoniantoop #13 Posted 17 July 2013 - 07:59 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 18431 battles
Malinovka is definitely the best map for this event. A fast tank is also needed. I got 750x2 + 2000 exp

Posted Image

Edited by estoniantoop, 17 July 2013 - 08:00 AM.

VeryRisky #14 Posted 17 July 2013 - 09:43 AM

General

• Player
  • 17207 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
Funnily enough the people complaining about this medal are mostly heavy tank players.

Probably the reason this medal being frequent is that they have stopped using the Scout medal for these events.  This is for good reason as the Scout bonus promotes "W W" suiscouting whereas you generally don't get Patrol duty without doign a bloody good job.  

There may be luck in getting it as with all medals, but you have a heck of a job to get it without playing well for the team.

FadetoB1ack #15 Posted 17 July 2013 - 12:31 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 24129 battles

View PostVeryRisky, on 17 July 2013 - 09:43 AM, said:

Funnily enough the people complaining about this medal are mostly heavy tank players.

Probably the reason this medal being frequent is that they have stopped using the Scout medal for these events.  This is for good reason as the Scout bonus promotes "W W" suiscouting whereas you generally don't get Patrol duty without doign a bloody good job.  

There may be luck in getting it as with all medals, but you have a heck of a job to get it without playing well for the team.
What about something for mediums? Confederate? Top gun? If you're gonna go rare medals then they might as well do kolobanov's medal...
The medals used in the event are supposed to be frequently earned to make use of the event, if not then there's no point to it.

Edited by T90_TANK, 17 July 2013 - 12:31 PM.

Transam20k #16 Posted 17 July 2013 - 02:29 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 927 battles

View PostT90_TANK, on 17 July 2013 - 12:31 PM, said:

What about something for mediums? Confederate? Top gun? If you're gonna go rare medals then they might as well do kolobanov's medal...
The medals used in the event are supposed to be frequently earned to make use of the event, if not then there's no point to it.
Medal as of itself shouldn't be frequently earned. That's the point. It rewards you for something exceptional. Patrol Duty means you did very good job and help your team immensely.
There were three hunts of both Top Gun and Confederate, don't behave as if those didn't happen. There were five patrol Duties because

View PostVeryRisky, on 17 July 2013 - 09:43 AM, said:

You definitely wouldn't complain as much if there were three Patrol Duties and three Scouts but that would be much worse for the game, we don't need more idiots who rush to enemy base, die in first minute and spend rest of the battle giving "advices" to their now weakened team.
Mediums can get Top Gun, Confederate, Sniper and Steel Wall much easier than scouts, it's quite fair.

VeryRisky #17 Posted 18 July 2013 - 08:54 AM

General

• Player
  • 17207 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
I don't rate the Scout medal at all and I get 50% Patrol duties than Scout so you can see my idea of scout play.  

Top gun is generallly good and Confederate I really like, though 1/4 of my confederate medals were with the old (retired) M7 Priest.  Invader/Defender medals you shouldn't actiuvely play for and are pretty random.

Not sure about putting sniper on since 0.8.6 as it's got pretty easy and the medal discourages folks from taking 50% shots that they should be taking.

FadetoB1ack #18 Posted 20 July 2013 - 03:00 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 24129 battles
well then this is a pretty useless even for most who don't play scouts..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users