wg wgfail nerfs 8.7 8.6 8.5 everythingwghasdonewrong wrong

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

Darkshadow556 #1 Posted 29 July 2013 - 07:17 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 16285 battles
  • [681] 681
In this list I will list everything they have messed up since I have been playing World of Tanks.
Please feel free to add anything I have missed because I am playing for like 1 year :)
Oh and send your constructive feedback to the thread.

1. The HE nerf.
The idea of the nerf was to indirectly nerf artilery,a nerf made so bad I faceplanted.What the nerf actually did was make tanks with low penetration values unable to do damage to tanks with massive armor.
2. The PZIV-Nerf.
Something I did not fully undestand but I suspect it was to make the KV-1 the godlike tank in tier 5 fear only one tank the churchill-1

3.TheKV-1 "rework"
Sporting the best armor at tier 5 this tank has no downsides.It packs a turret that cannot be penned easily, the hyper angled frontal and the spaced side armor.A reliable gun and the tank is overall capable of killing anyone in its tier without breaking a sweat.
4.The VK2801 got wrecked.
Now it is a slow shadow of what it was.I guess it is part of the campaign of "lets nerf everything to #$%@.
5.Premium ammo now costs credits.

Now this is just stupidity at its finest.This COMPLETELY negated the armor of all tanks that relied on it.
6.HEAT nerf.
Oh god heat got op when it was possible to buy with credits???
Lets nerf it.For old times sake.

7.Making non-premium tanks earn less :]
I see no need of explanation for this.It is quite clear what the idea is.
(People buy gold because it is hard to have a operating account without premiums.)

8.The arty rework.

I actually thought it would not destroy SPGs but hey I have the right to be wrong.
Now SPG are a joke because they really can't hit you to do their damage.
ALL SPGs turned into the american spg line.If they hit you you are dead.
Now they only need to hit you 0.92 accuracy.Yeah soon.
9.The T-50-2 rework.
Hands down this was the nastiest nerf I have seen so far.The T-50-2 is now a bad version of the VK2801 A BAD VERSION OF A NERFED TANK.
A friend of mine quit because of this.
10.The high tier french TDs
The thing is that tanks are made to function in a way they counter each other out.
SPG kills -> TDs , HTs. or should I say killed.
TDs kills -> HTs
HTs kills -> LTs , Mediums
Lts,Mediums kills ->TDs
NOPE!!!
They actually don't because someone in Wargaming had the brilliant idea of making a TD that cannot be flanked and pop in a auto loader in it.
So when you try to flank them they just turn around and pump out three shells in a row in you and guess what you are dead.
11.The T-71
So you grinded the Chaffee line good for you, now let me just put a tank that does everything better than your Chaffee.
Because it has APCR as standard ammo.You mad?And it can pen anything you failed to pen,oh are you sad no worries some GOLD to convert free xp will help you get that new shiny tank :)
12.The MM is bad one year later.
I am not really sure if anyone actually uses their brain in WG to see that a +2 standard matchmaking might be a little of a overkill.
So you are playing a tier 7 hmmm lets make you fight a tier 9 just for shits and giggles .
Imagine that Black Prince fighting a M103 or a T95.

Now that is some Black comedy right there
13.Hey look it is a new map.
Implementing about 3 new maps and then deleting 2 of them.Wow just way to go.I am starting to think you start working on an idea before thinking if it is a good one.

14.The way the game places you with your team mates.
Sometimes you get placed with teams that don't know what part of the tank is the rear.
And I just have to wonder how they got to high tier without ending up with 0 credits and farming with a Ltraktor to make some.(AHEM GOLD)
According to XVM my team had a win chance of 5 % against the enemy team.
In these kinds of games you deal as much damage as possible and then you get overrun because your team just died.
And sometimes your team just rapes the other team to bits.

15.Changes to the Camo feature.
Before camo was just a nice feature that made your tank look cool.Now it has an impact on how much they see you.
And just because the majority of maps are summer you get to see your winter and desert camo rarely.
16.The accuracy buff.
For some tanks it is more of a breeze of fresh air,but for others it just made them broken.
The hated kv-1s is now accurate and guess what,if you snipe him he will probably just turn around aim for a while and pump out a 400 alpha round to your tank.
17.The credit making system.
You want to advance up the tiers ? No sir you buy premium and a tank with money and then you play it.
So there goes your free to play.If you want to use a tier 5 tank and grind 3 million credits be my guest but as you go up the tiers tanks start to become harder and harder to maintain.
18.World of Camp.

Because any kind of rush is punished dearly as you progress up the tiers the game becomes more and more passive.
You stay and snipe deal lets say 1500+ damage and when there are 4-5 enemies you move ahead you know why?
Because if you move in early you just get shot to shit from the enemy because they are camping.
19.The lack of flanks limits the uses of medium tanks.
I am not sure how much you are aware of this but here http://wiki.worldoftanks.com/Maps this is all the maps in WOT.
See how many allow you to flank an enemy.
Why would you want to flank him? Because medium tanks have low frontal penetration and massive side ones.
And because there are just tanks you don't want to be fighting from the front T-95 :)
20.The way they respond when the community is upset when they have messed up.
No worries mates keep raging at the forum.
"Hey folks! I know you're all extremely frustrated with this change."
Here have a link, send your constructive feedback and see if anyone cares xD
We will adress the issue when we can (Ain't nobody got time for that,make new tank trees with shitty tanks in them so people can pay gold to free xp them or at least to make them pay for a premium account.)
21.Their nerf policy is just silly.
Better nerf a tank because the players do well in it.Not because it might be a overpowered powerhouse played by bad players who pull down the global win ratio of it.

22.The new tanks vs the old ones.
Pretty much like World War 2 the game is being developed the more time that goes the tank doctrine changes.
New tanks are made to be fast, reasonable armored with strong guns.
The old ones suffer from this a lot because as time goes on the heavily armored behemoths become a bag of credits for anyone who can load premium rounds and aim his gun at it.
23.A guns alpha damage is not the only thing that is important ,reload speed and accuracy are also important.
Oh please when the fights in this game are almost always on no more than 200-300 meters accuracy and reload are actually not that important.
What you want is a gun with high pen and massive alpha damage because if you shoot you are likely exposed to enemy fire as well.
So think about it.
If a Kv-1s has to shoot about 1 time to do 400 damage a churchill VII has to fire about 3 times.
The time in which the kv-1s will launch a single shot is far faster than the churchills.
KV-1s - Come out of cover (camo is on) aim (camo is still on) shoot (camo is reduced) back off to evade shells and reload.

Churchill VII- Come out of cover (camo is on) aim (camo is on) fire (camo is reduced) reload (camo is still down) fire (camo reduced again)

reload ,fire,reload,fire.
So what a high alpha gun can do in lets say 3-5 seconds a low alpha gun must do it in 20 seconds.
And if they see a target in the open firing at their teammate most people will just shoot at you,chances are you will get tracked in the open.

Which leads to the following problem.
24.The maps are way to small for snipers to their job effectively.
Most maps are no bigger than 1km in size.

Edited by Darkshadow556, 29 July 2013 - 07:20 PM.

How_hard_can_it_be #2 Posted 29 July 2013 - 07:40 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 40287 battles

Something I did not fully undestand but I suspect it was to make the KV-1 the godlike tank in tier 5 fear only one tank the churchill-1
I'd say the KV-1 drivers should not be afraid of churchill-1. The KV-1 is the ultimate HT and it is second to none.

8.The arty rework.
I hate arty, I hate being shot by them, but the nerf was probably too harsh. I think WG wanted to make people abandon their arties because they couldn't handle arty parties. They sort of did it, there are almost no arties, but at huge cost ( customers' satisfaction )

-/+ 2 spread is not that bad actually. You might be angry when facing tanks 2 tiers higher than you in one battle, but in the next battle you'll be the big guy.

You want to advance up the tiers ? No sir you buy premium and a tank with money and then you play it.
So there goes your free to play.If you want to use a tier 5 tank and grind 3 million credits be my guest but as you go up the tiers tanks start to become harder and harder to maintain.
That's very unfair. Nobody forces you to buy anything. Nobody forces you to get 10 tier tanks. The economy is designed in a way that only suggests you it is worth to get premium account and premium tanks. It's free to play as hell.

Edited by How_hard_can_it_be, 29 July 2013 - 07:45 PM.

typhaon #3 Posted 29 July 2013 - 08:26 PM

Major General

• Beta Tester
  • 14201 battles

View PostDarkshadow556, on 29 July 2013 - 07:17 PM, said:

1. The HE nerf.
HE shells were useless before... if you could not penetrate the enemy, 40 dmg with HE would not have killed it either.

2. The PZIV-Nerf.
KV-1 godlike? I guess you have not learned much about where to hit the enemy in the last year. 75mm armor can hardly be called godlike and most T5 guns can penetrate it frontally... also the gun is not as fearsome, as it used to be with the old KV-1/2. The Pz IV was too strong with the old setup just like the old KV-1/2 was before the tierspread reduction. The turret was litterally impenetratable for enemies of the same tier and the gun was a pure beast.

3.The KV-1 "rework"
See #2

5.Premium ammo now costs credits.
Now at least all players are on the same level as the wallet warriors. I don't have much problems with gold users and I do not use gold myself.

6.HEAT nerf.
HEAT was OP all the time, especially at lower tiers... the nerf was overdue and is not that bad. Damage is quite the same and penetration is still enough against most enemies.

7.Making non-premium tanks earn less :]
You must play another game, because over the last patches, the credit income of most tanks was actually increased.

8.The arty rework.
I don't even understand, what you are trying to say with this one... first you say that SPGs are dead, then you say that SPGs are too strong... you should really make up your mind, what you really want.

10.The high tier french TDs
Yeah, they shoot three shells if you are stupid enough to face them with a full magazine... after that the enemy team is simply short of one T10 tank for almost one minute...
Not to mention, that the side and rear armor is just thick enough to stop a stone from a slingshot. Furthermore you don't even have a single autoloader tank. So before you judge over them, I strongly recommend to try them yourself (especially if you consider them so OP). It's not as easy as it seems.

11.The T-71
Maybe it's better than the Chaffee, because it's one tier higher... but that's only my guess...

Yeah, I agree. It was better with the old MM, where T6 could meet T10 iirc... the whining was the same as yours now, but at least players where right when they cried, that they could not do anything against their enemies.

13.Hey look it is a new map.
Believe it or not: there is a difference between testing a map with some testers and releasing it to several million players...

14.The way the game places you with your team mates.
The best way to increase your win chances are to play better. If you had WN6 of 1500 instead of 700, the win chances would be slightly higher I guess.

15.Changes to the Camo feature.
Yeah, 5% increased camo really make a heavy tank invisible like a Romulan space ship. Seriously... you would not even notice the 5% difference in the heat of a battle.

16.The accuracy buff.
Yeah there's a slightly higher chance to hit weakspots now, but I can return fire just as accurately... and furthermore the aimtime is still the same and while the KV-1s is still waiting for the sights to snap on you, you can fire and return to cover.

I'm close to reaching my second T10 and only had one month of premium till now. I admit that I have a T34 to gain some credits, but I only bought it after I got the M48. And I mostly use it to shorten the credit grinding to buy a new tank... right now I can break even without a premium account up to T9 most of my rounds. And why do you complain about WG trying to make money by increasing the difficulty at higher tiers? They have to run the game somehow which costs money. And if you don't want to spend money, go ahead and play a T5 farm tank... as always, time is money. It takes longer, but it's still free... and last but not least, from a gameplay point of view, forcing players to keep playing lower tiers is a genius idea of WG, because if you have ever played a MMO, that has reached it's peak regarding the number of new players, you would have known, that after a certain point, it is mostly not possible for new players to come into the game anymore, because low level content is simply empty. With the current system, WG ensured that WoT will live much longer.

18.World of Camp.
That's if you use the usual routes... I'm not much of a camper most of the time and like to advance... sometimes it goes wrong and I end up as a fireball... sometimes it goes well and I end up in the rear of the enemy. Most players stick to the usual routes and don't try anything new. If you wait a moment and look at how the hot zones develope, you have the chance to get those damn campers by surprise.

19.The lack of flanks limits the uses of medium tanks.
There are few maps, that are absolutely unsuited for medium tanks. I think the worst map right now is El Halluf... aside from that I cannot think of a map, where I don't have the chance to flank the enemy... but as always it strongly depends on the enemies' tactics... a perfect defense line is hard to penetrate, but most maps still allow ninja tactics.

20.The way they respond when the community is upset when they have messed up.
My impression is, that the devs are more in touch with the community than ever before.
And you should not forget, that WG is not a one-man-company, that can only handle one task at the same time... or should the department which is developing new vehicles wait, just because the department fixing bugs is not yet ready with their last task?

21.Their nerf policy is just silly.
I don't think, that good players only play bad tanks... so they raise the win ratio of the good ones as well...

22.The new tanks vs the old ones.
Let's look at two last tech tree branches (non SPG)added:

1. German meds:
fast --> check
good gun --> check
armor --> not available
And alltogether not new, because the US meds feature similar characteristics

2. British TDs
armor --> check (with exception of T10)
good gun --> check
speed --> none (with exception of T10)
Sounds very similar to the German TDs or the non-turret US TDs... so nothing new either.

23.A guns alpha damage is not the only thing that is important ,reload speed and accuracy are also important.
Nice story... how about the Churchill keeping the KV-1s tracked all the time... you said yourself, that most engangements are at medium range... in most cases a KV-1s would not be able to stay hidden while leaving cover and aiming.

24.The maps are way to small for snipers to their job effectively.
Regarding the fact, that you can only see enemies up to slightly more than 700m range, mostly about 500m range, bigger maps would not be an advantage.
It's not about how far the enemy is away, but how well you are hidden... and most maps have good spots to hide.

Darkshadow556 #4 Posted 29 July 2013 - 09:10 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 16285 battles
  • [681] 681
Exactly what part did you not understand about spgs? The part where they can't hit you?
IF they hit you.They never do now.
Since the arty "rework" i have been hit directly once.

Laatikkomafia #5 Posted 29 July 2013 - 09:19 PM

Brigadier

• Beta Tester
  • 21883 battles
  • [ELC-P] ELC-P
Only one part where I disagree.

If a KV-1S faces a DPM machine like a Churchill, the KV-1S player could be in trouble. But it requires the Churchill player to have more than three brain cells, and the skill to aim at TRACKS first. De-tracked KV-1S is going nowhere to reload :P

8Tiger_PL1 #6 Posted 29 July 2013 - 09:23 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 2046 battles
WOT is 2 years old, you found 24 reasons of what they did wrong...
100 years later if WOT is alive and our grandsons are playing it there will be (24x100=2400) 2400 things WG did wrong with WOT

typhaon #7 Posted 29 July 2013 - 09:32 PM

Major General

• Beta Tester
  • 14201 battles

View PostDarkshadow556, on 29 July 2013 - 09:10 PM, said:

Exactly what part did you not understand about spgs? The part where they can't hit you?
IF they hit you.They never do now.
Since the arty "rework" i have been hit directly once.

I've been hit many times... mostly because the Foch is considered a main arty target.

Pro_Chomik #8 Posted 29 July 2013 - 10:45 PM

Warrant Officer

• Clan Commander
  • 19645 battles
Nerfs of some tanks are ok (kv, vk2801 etc.), because those tanks were unbalanced. But in my opinion wg should give some recompanse (maybe some free exp) for players who had that tanks before nerf.

typhaon #9 Posted 29 July 2013 - 10:55 PM

Major General

• Beta Tester
  • 14201 battles

View PostSpirosPL, on 29 July 2013 - 10:45 PM, said:

Nerfs of some tanks are ok (kv, vk2801 etc.), because those tanks were unbalanced. But in my opinion wg should give some recompanse (maybe some free exp) for players who had that tanks before nerf.

So WG should give them more XP, because they had a superior tank before, that thus could earn more XP than it was supposed to?

Guruhi #10 Posted 29 July 2013 - 11:03 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 17819 battles
two words: Tiger tank

Also tagged with wg, wgfail, nerfs, 8.7, 8.6, 8.5, everythingwghasdonewrong, wrong

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users