Luchs, the tier 4 powerhouse

• Please log in to reply
211 replies to this topic

yaourti #21 Posted 21 August 2013 - 07:33 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 5964 battles
  • [DUMBA] DUMBA
Very interesting thoughts, maroar, I've gone camo, off-road driving, planning a retrain to BIA at some stage.

When I do that I'll give serious consideration to Smooth ride instead, your logic is convincing.

The Luchs seems to traverse much quicker than the stats show (I think only 34 traverse) but it always feels very agile, I suppose this is an effect of lowered ground resistance- the 38 (t) nA is the complete opposite, quick traverse on paper but sluggish on the battlefield.

Senchanokancho #22 Posted 28 August 2013 - 10:25 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 26316 battles
More than 1000 games in my litte pony of doom and i still love my little Luchs ;)

My best tank, with 60% winration solo random.

I don´t think that any other T4 scout can do tons of damage in a T6-8 game   :trollface:

maroar #23 Posted 02 September 2013 - 09:21 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 29957 battles
  • [TRTD] TRTD

View PostSenchanokancho, on 28 August 2013 - 10:25 PM, said:

More than 1000 games in my litte pony of doom and i still love my little Luchs ;)

My best tank, with 60% winration solo random.

I don´t think that any other T4 scout can do tons of damage in a T6-8 game   :trollface:

Exactly

Search_Warrant #24 Posted 03 September 2013 - 09:52 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 28313 battles
  • [FLOOF] FLOOF
Shooting a full clip into hellcats front and usualy setting them on fire is priceless...not to mention you can even go 1 on 1 with a kv-1s if ur smart enough.

maroar #25 Posted 11 October 2013 - 08:27 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 29957 battles
  • [TRTD] TRTD
I took a break from playing the luchs.
Now I'm back with it :D

some 8.8 replays

First battle since comming back with the luchs | tier 7 | El Halluf
http://wotreplays.co...pzkpfw_ii_luchs
Spotting in the end by staying out of the eney viewrange thanks to the camo of the luchs

Luchs | Malinovka field spotting | clearing a flank | Tier 6
-The enemy has flanked us and has now locked us in a very small area.
-We need to get one of our flanks cleared and I see that the most dangerous enemies are in our north, so I decide that I will have to get the east cleared (so the enemy base).
-I then decide to go back instead of capping as the hellcat is fast enough to come back spot and kill me without me spotting him.
-Luckily a friendly VK is so smart as to not cross the open field and we take out the enemies.

Tier 4 Redshire match
This shows the incredible capabilties of the luchs thanks to its combination of great spotting, camauflage and burst damage capabilities.
Especially on tier 4 :D

Luchs | Tier 7 match | clearing the forest of Murovanka
During my reload I spot as is clear while damaging and spotting the KV1S
I get great sniper support from my team :D

more of my luchs replays on:
http://wotreplays.com

jackbar125 #26 Posted 25 October 2013 - 11:09 AM

Private

• Player
  • 0 battles
Hm this is the only one I was thinking of grinding. Is it worth now?

Eokokok #27 Posted 25 October 2013 - 11:30 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 18681 battles
Got one since I was really interested in getting AFK Panther, but with Konisch nerf it now just collects dust in my garage... Might be good with decent crew, but since it is currently at 90% it is a pain... Not sure if I want to go further with all the nerfs flying around.

maroar #28 Posted 26 October 2013 - 07:35 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 29957 battles
  • [TRTD] TRTD
Play it this weekend and get it up to 100% and then up the camo skill :D
x2 crew expierence is a live safer for starting a scout tank crew.
_
Atm it is so much fun (if you know how to scout)
and then at times you get a tier 4 game and thats just epic (300 burst damage :P).

Edited by maroar, 09 November 2013 - 04:56 PM.

Flinsenberger #29 Posted 29 October 2013 - 01:44 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 7981 battles
  • [OE] OE
Finally made it into the Luchs Hall of Fame.

Here's my run.

Spoiler                     

Luchs is really good, the only thing I do not like about it is the inability to snipe.

Pete_SB #30 Posted 31 October 2013 - 03:05 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 10675 battles
I went the German LT line and got this to get out of the Pz1c, I just went banzai in that thing, I wasn't a good scout in it. Not had too many battles and was a bit daunted at first with all the new maps and getting into T8 battles. Had some really good games with it lately and when the crew skill goes up I think this is a keeper.

Edited by Alidore, 31 October 2013 - 03:13 AM.

spuff #31 Posted 03 November 2013 - 11:08 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 12803 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
Thinking of re-buying the little pony of doom with the 50% off in the interactive special. Not played it since the 3cm was added so looking forward to it already! Will start training my crew up in t-15!!!

DerRattenmann #32 Posted 07 November 2013 - 04:17 AM

Private

• Player
  • 9665 battles
I use signal boosting instead of situational awareness increasing the luchs' signal range by appoximatly 90 meters.I also use enhanced torsion bars instead of binocs. The added suspension durability has saved my bacon far more than once.

Senchanokancho #33 Posted 08 November 2013 - 05:54 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 26316 battles
Had an amazing game today in against T8. 1448 dmg, ~1500 dmg for spotting 4 Kills and Defender medal.

In the end i was alone angain 3 enemy tanks. 2 T8 TDs and a Hummel. I killed the TDs and the hummel killed himself...

http://wotreplays.com/site/416323#self

The interesting part starts at ~8min, hope you like it  :smile:

My heart was like 180 bpm when i killed the T28 in the cap circle and the borsig WT arrived  :bajan:

Dan_Abnormal #34 Posted 08 November 2013 - 05:57 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 32665 battles
The MK103 is a deadly weapon, with dead eye perk I set a heavy on fire from the rear pretty much every battle, it's awesome.

maroar #35 Posted 09 November 2013 - 04:50 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 29957 battles
  • [TRTD] TRTD

View PostDan_Abnormal, on 08 November 2013 - 05:57 PM, said:

The MK103 is a deadly weapon, with dead eye perk I set a heavy on fire from the rear pretty much every battle, it's awesome.
_
Yes we recently had an encounter (T_T) on a tier 4 match when I was with Mikesus grinding his marder38T.
Atleast it was a joy to see others embracing the luchs :D
_

View PostDerRattenmann, on 07 November 2013 - 04:17 AM, said:

I use signal boosting instead of situational awareness increasing the luchs' signal range by appoximatly 90 meters.I also use enhanced torsion bars instead of binocs. The added suspension durability has saved my bacon far more than once.
_
Signal range of radio is by far good enough without that skill (I think) and the extra viewrange seems allot more usefull to me. Especially on high tier matches as your allies will have high signal ranges. Also the high signal range only benefits the arty on your team as anyone else that wants to shoot what you spot needs to be in the signal range to be able to shoot the enemy.
_
I have explained why I chose my skills and equipment, here is why I didn't go for the enhanced suspension:
4. Enhanced Torsion Bars 1 t Class: (100,000 credits) Torsion Bars increase the load capacity of your Suspension by 10% and increase suspension durability by 30%. Contrary to what you might hear, they do not enhance your turning ability, top speed, or acceleration. I list these 4th because when you first buy your Cougar, they may be useful. If you can not immediately upgrade your suspension, you may find yourself in a situation where you have the credits to add upgraded equipment but exceed the weight capacity of the stock suspension. Enhanced Torsion Bars are the answer. Mount these and you will be able to add the equipment upgrades you desire. As soon as you upgrade your suspension, dismount the Torsion Bars and add one of the above 3 other modules.
I tested my Cougar with and without Torsion Bars for 200 Battles. Assuming a "career" of 10,000 fights and 3 hits taken per fight, this provided a 99% Confidence Level of +/- 4.86%. Without Torsion Bars, I got tracked in 32% of my battles. With them, I got tracked in 31.5% of my battles. In other words, in my test, Torsion Bars provided no statistically significant benefit in terms of reducing the number of times I got tracked. I do not recommend using them once you have the upgraded suspension.

(this is from http://www.tazilon.net, proscout website, this is from the VK2801)
_
Also I have used them myself instead of binocs in the beginning but decided that the binocs were allot more usefull (to me atleast).

Edited by maroar, 09 November 2013 - 04:52 PM.

Noo_Noo #36 Posted 15 November 2013 - 10:46 AM

Major

• Player
  • 22560 battles
Just purchased this little tank again after a while and I'm enjoying it. Sadly I have anew crew on it and am basically starting again even though I have the tank at Elite level. Just need to build up the credits for the optics and also build up crew experience and my scouting ability (which is shocking).

Sadly the replays don't seem to work for me. I get a message that they aren't compatible with my current version (8.9)

Flinsenberger #37 Posted 15 November 2013 - 02:28 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 7981 battles
  • [OE] OE

I tested my Cougar with and without Torsion Bars for 200 Battles. Assuming a "career" of 10,000 fights and 3 hits taken per fight, this provided a 99% Confidence Level of +/- 4.86%. Without Torsion Bars, I got tracked in 32% of my battles. With them, I got tracked in 31.5% of my battles. In other words, in my test, Torsion Bars provided no statistically significant benefit in terms of reducing the number of times I got tracked. I do not recommend using them once you have the upgraded suspension.

This is imho a very limited quantitative analysis of the Torsion bars. It doesn't say anything about the time when you get tracked, whether it is sooner or later in the fight or how often you get tracked.

I run with torsion bars and really like them. It feels to me to add just the right amount of maneuverability. By which I do not mean traverse speed or ground resistance, but an ability to drive over rough terrain quite fast, even jumping, without the need to repair. In the video above there are situations at 1:10 and 7:02 where I think without torsion bars I'd have lost a track or at least damaged it.

Kapitan_Snugglebunny_01 #38 Posted 15 November 2013 - 03:06 PM

Private

• Player
  • 9230 battles
  • [REBRN] REBRN
Just bought one of these things and retrained my Pz38nA crew for it (bet they are relieved…).

I used FreeXP to upgrade it and now have the top turret, engine, suspension and the MK108 splat cannon.

I added the torsion bars as well, for this reason: while they are unlikely to make any difference whatsoever to the chance of being de-tracked by enemy fire (considering the types of weapons liable to be firing at this thing at the tiers this vehicle encounters), they do seem make a big difference to the chance of being de-tracked by driving too fast over bumpy terrain.

[I remember testing this with the Pz38nA diving at speed over a bump near the southern base in the Karelia map; without enhanced suspension I kept getting de-tracked, but with it I just took track damage.]

After my one whole game with the Luchs (which was Tier IV, on Karelia), I can say that I rather like this thing, and as PointyHairedJedi pointed out in his YouTube video about the PzIIG, the MK108 is good practice for anyone planning to get an autoloader tank later on. Plus, it is nice to be driving a 'real' scout after the Pz38nA and A-20 experiences (the former much less unpleasant than the latter, I might add).

maroar #39 Posted 16 November 2013 - 09:24 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 29957 battles
  • [TRTD] TRTD

View PostKapitan_Snugglebunny_01, on 15 November 2013 - 03:06 PM, said:

Just bought one of these things and retrained my Pz38nA crew for it (bet they are relieved…).

I used FreeXP to upgrade it and now have the top turret, engine, suspension and the MK108 splat cannon.

I added the torsion bars as well, for this reason: while they are unlikely to make any difference whatsoever to the chance of being de-tracked by enemy fire (considering the types of weapons liable to be firing at this thing at the tiers this vehicle encounters), they do seem make a big difference to the chance of being de-tracked by driving too fast over bumpy terrain.

[I remember testing this with the Pz38nA diving at speed over a bump near the southern base in the Karelia map; without enhanced suspension I kept getting de-tracked, but with it I just took track damage.]

After my one whole game with the Luchs (which was Tier IV, on Karelia), I can say that I rather like this thing, and as PointyHairedJedi pointed out in his YouTube video about the PzIIG, the MK108 is good practice for anyone planning to get an autoloader tank later on. Plus, it is nice to be driving a 'real' scout after the Pz38nA and A-20 experiences (the former much less unpleasant than the latter, I might add).

Ok so going from this info you get only track damage,
so now take the jump again, you will get tracked unless you fully repaired the tracks again.
So you will only benefit from this equipment once here (I state "here" as im going from the example just given).

I don't tanke this equipment because it will not "work" the entire game then, only once, I'd rather take something that will actually help me all the time or allot of the time (binocs).
This is the same reason why won't take "Call for vengeance" over any other skills, it will only work once and doesn't aid me the entire game.
Now to put this into equipment talk: I take vents and optics because they boost the stats for scouting all the times.
Then I take binocs because when spotting from standing location, which I do allot the binocs are a great advantage.

If I would not "passive" spot allot I would consider the torsion bars on this tank, but I think I would have gone for the Gun Laying Drive.
From my original post:

View Postmaroar, on 03 August 2013 - 11:54 AM, said:

-EQUIPMENT:
vents;
to boost all the things in this tank, most important it boosts camo and viewrange (also clip reload time)
coated  optics;
your  viewrange will be boosted (together with vents and 100% crew) to 400m+
binocs;
the luchs is a great passive scout as well, with this you will spot the enemy sooner from your favourite bushes, (also with vents and 100% crew) boosted to over 450m (awesome because this will negate some camofactor on enemy tanks that have good camo)

maroar #40 Posted 16 November 2013 - 09:34 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 29957 battles
  • [TRTD] TRTD

View PostNoo_Noo, on 15 November 2013 - 10:46 AM, said:

Just purchased this little tank again after a while and I'm enjoying it. Sadly I have anew crew on it and am basically starting again even though I have the tank at Elite level. Just need to build up the credits for the optics and also build up crew experience and my scouting ability (which is shocking).

Sadly the replays don't seem to work for me. I get a message that they aren't compatible with my current version (8.9)

Yes sadly the replays don't work with the newer version of the game-client (although 8.8 replays work for me, so they should for you ;)).
I haven't really been playing my luchs lately, mainly because I needed to grind crews for tanks in the CWs Campaign.
After that I will probably start playing it more again and upload newer replays.

Still here are some of the top XP replays from youtube (in scout match making):

Here is the list of some of the top replays on youtube (also in tier 4 MM):
http://www.tazilon.n.../LuchsHall.html

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users