VK 16.02 Leopard Camo factor is ridiculess low for a scout.

VK 16.02 Leopard Camoflauge To high Tiered

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

DTHP #1 Posted 04 August 2013 - 11:31 PM

Private

• Player
  • 2791 battles
I't is getting spotted within bushes from tanks afar without even firering of a shot and no other enemy tanks is near.
This is with camo paint and camo net.

The tank got no means of firering back at Tier VIIIs which it is often getting pitted against, it is also not very agile and very large.
Like the Luchs it is Tiered incorrectly.

They got low scouting values and camo factors so why on earth it is being pitted against VIIIs must have been a
brain storming malfunction on WGs part.

The Luchs have a max of 455 meters radio range. For a Tier IV scout being pitted against VIIIs that is not a whole lot. In fact many
Medium tanks fufill the role as a dedicated scout better because of the Star Wars Shot out contest that battles often turn out
to be. By star was shoot out i mean the fact that you often end up shooting at tanks 10 times before they are dead. Even when
you turn your gun to the rear of tanks.

eliocoric #2 Posted 04 August 2013 - 11:54 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 30934 battles
Man... with all due respect, it is your choice which tank you want to play but my advice is... DON'T PLAY LIGHT TANKS.
Of course i'll give you a reason why not to play them.... Your wn7 rating is very bad and that proves your gaming skills are quiet bad.
That's nothing to be ashamed of cause you have only 1600 battles...
You should play tanks that are good for beginners because scouts are definitely not....

This is not an insult or provocation ... this is just a friendly advice...

Cheers :)

DTHP #3 Posted 05 August 2013 - 01:24 AM

Private

• Player
  • 2791 battles
I don't care about win / loose ratings. This proves nothing as match making is crap and has been since i joined in version 8.5. I was not here when MM apparently worked. I constantly get pitted against TIer IX, VIII and TIER VII on all of my tanks and very often I end up on a team where i can do nothing but scout even with my VK36.01(H). and why to mention the obvious really is not advice. I write it because i Find that there where no topics about it, and that if Light tanks should have a role they should be doing it well as scouts. Either that or dont have them in at the higher tiers at all.

Why because there are less and less new players connecting to the European servers, because they get tired of getting raped when transcending to Tier IV. Getting Raped by Players in KV1-S now, Getting Raped by the KV-1 (at least it was slow). How can i Tell. I use logic: the match making constantly throws me into battles vs Higher Tiers meaning that there are not so many lower tiers.

No one likes being a fly everyone is swatting at, (spotting system).  And word of mouth means less and less players care to download 5 GB when their freinds say it is highly bugged and un-balanced. I Certainly am not recommending
WOT to anyone in its current station. Neg Rep me if you want, but i'm entitled to an Opinion. Its admins in General Chat also are a bit to trigger happy.

My best Tank actually is the 30.01 (H) with camonet, camopaint, and Binoes and crew who all got over 50% of the camo skill. I can just sit there comfortably at range and spot and even fire at tanks on certain maps on locations i found and not get fired upon, because i exploit the game mechanics to make me invisible. This has nothing to do with what is logical: it has todo with finding the right bush, with the right Camoflauge factor that will not reveal you to your foe until they are with-in 60 meters. But ofcourse it got a really crap top gun: the 88 L56.

maroar #4 Posted 05 August 2013 - 09:00 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 30407 battles
  • [JBAIT] JBAIT
1 Luchs is awesome
http://forum.worldof...r-4-powerhouse/

2 Leo's camo isn't really bad, only annoyance is that is large and hard to hide in bushes

-MM for the luchs is awesome
-MM for Leo is a bit harder as you are more a scout in tier 9 games then you were a scout with the luchs on tier 8 games

Askorti #5 Posted 05 August 2013 - 10:10 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 11776 battles
Listen to advice given by more experienced players. MM is good as it is, its just "not so smart" players who whine about it all the time.
Light (scout) tanks like Leopard get harsher MM because they are not supposed to fight. So there is absolutely nothing wrong about the fact, that you get to meet tier IX in your leopard. It's perfectly fine.

As eliocoric said, pick other tanks, as high tier lights are NOT for beginners. They are for seasoned players who know game's mechanics, maps and tanks.
I'd suggest Soviet heavy line, its good for beginners.

Lancasthor #6 Posted 06 August 2013 - 07:42 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 19049 battles
There is a grand exam for scout players. You'll only need to accomplish it once to become one.

Its about turning the tide of a battle without shooting a single shell.

If you find even trying that impossible, you'd better go with other line instead. We'll welcome you back when you have the proper mentality for being the eyes on field instead of the muscle.

XPuntar #7 Posted 18 August 2013 - 01:49 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14529 battles

View PostLancasthor, on 06 August 2013 - 07:42 AM, said:

There is a grand exam for scout players. You'll only need to accomplish it once to become one.

Its about turning the tide of a battle without shooting a single shell.

If you find even trying that impossible, you'd better go with other line instead. We'll welcome you back when you have the proper mentality for being the eyes on field instead of the muscle.

It is just not possible to scout with crew below 100%.

Actually for proper scouting player needs 100% crew with 1 full skill/perk researched. That means crew with 200% XP and full cammo on all crew members and equipment for scouting!.

Anyone else is just "trolling" a player to be a cannon fodder and a "free kill" for any T7+ tank (if you play T4 or T5 "scout")

azakow #8 Posted 18 August 2013 - 10:33 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 81121 battles

View PostXPuntar, on 18 August 2013 - 01:49 AM, said:

It is just not possible to scout with crew below 100%.

Actually for proper scouting player needs 100% crew with 1 full skill/perk researched. That means crew with 200% XP and full cammo on all crew members and equipment for scouting!.

Anyone else is just "trolling" a player to be a cannon fodder and a "free kill" for any T7+ tank (if you play T4 or T5 "scout")
A 100% crew and proper equipment is a nobrainer, since you do not bring a knife to a gun fight!
A multiple skilled crew is required to become a battle turner, for sure.

Between that any player can be a successful scout and does not need to rant about the vehicles camo values at 1.6k battles.

XPuntar #9 Posted 18 August 2013 - 12:38 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14529 battles
I will "rant" about putting T4/T5 light tank with crew below 100% to scout in T7+ battle.

It is just useless on most maps.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users