Apparently we are not allowed to use any colours except black when we post a thread. Are WG enforcin...

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12 replies to this topic

wolfmenseyes #1 Posted 05 August 2013 - 05:31 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 1705 battles
I posted a thread today which can be seen here - >http://forum.worldof...-opinions-here/.

Apologies for the grouped text it seems after you edit a post and save changes it groups the text togather another problem on this forum  :sad: .

As you can clearly see the moderator has given me a warning in text saying ...

Please don't use anything but black text when posting :).
iScending
Community Coordinator

This is certainly a new rule which has been made up because i know from experience on another server that you can use all the colours except the red one which is reserved for staff only.

I spoke to a staff member today on another server and asked him a few question and the latter was pretty obvious as to the above.

Whats your opinion on these new rules being enforced ?.

Are we being treated unfairly regarding the rules and regulations ?. If you read the whole rules and regulations you will see that around 40% of the bans and warnings on this forum are being made up.

Not to long ago my mate was banned for posting a thread. Supposedly the warning he got was an educational ban  :smile: . Are you serious ?, an educational ban ? :child: .

Share your opinions please.

Cheers folks.

wolfmenseyes

rzaba #2 Posted 05 August 2013 - 05:43 PM

Private

• Player
  • 20190 battles
I'M SO HARDCORE RIGHT NOW!
*fixed.. Lets not get carried away with the red. :blinky:
- Ectar

TinyViking #3 Posted 05 August 2013 - 05:44 PM

Major

• Player
  • 7400 battles
Hey wolfmenseyes,

This is actually a mistake from my side :P. I was thinking one thing and typed something completely different. You are allowed to use other colors just not red.

I meant to type:

Please don't use red text when posting :).
iScending
Community Coordinator

Sorry about that, my bad :rolleyes:!

A_Hardy_Buck #4 Posted 05 August 2013 - 05:47 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 4220 battles

View PostiScending, on 05 August 2013 - 05:44 PM, said:

This is actually a mistake from my side

Holy crap , never expected an employee to say that  :tongue:

Murphy1up #5 Posted 05 August 2013 - 05:52 PM

Lieutenant General

• Military Reserve
  • 11249 battles
  • [-QQ-] -QQ-
Don't make me put you back here iScending..

Posted Image

TinyViking #6 Posted 05 August 2013 - 05:56 PM

Major

• Player
  • 7400 battles
Posted Image
When Ectar opens the box, there is a 16.6% chance that he will walk away unharmed....

wolfmenseyes #7 Posted 05 August 2013 - 06:45 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 1705 battles

View PostiScending, on 05 August 2013 - 05:44 PM, said:

Hey wolfmenseyes,

This is actually a mistake from my side :P. I was thinking one thing and typed something completely different. You are allowed to use other colors just not red.

I meant to type:

Please don't use red text when posting :).
iScending
Community Coordinator

Sorry about that, my bad :rolleyes:!

So could you please remove the warning from my thread ->http://forum.worldof...-opinions-here/.

iScending,

We all know you have a job to do, and its sometimes applicable to moderate posts over a long period which results in one being tired and sometimes a drift can appear to happen where mistakes are made often rarely  :smile: .

I'm a moderator on 3 forums and i respect you have owned up to this mistake :honoring: . (good on you sir).

I'm not going to lie though, you need to sort some of your staff out, and one in particular!. because these bans and warnings are becoming out of hand and people have suffered because of this.

Over the short time of me being here it appears that you have a loose moderator on a banning spree of hell. (no names).

You know who it is, and so does this whole forum. you can ask anyone on this forum who has been the victim to his punishments they will truthfully tell you what needs to be heard  :smile: .

I have already private messaged one of my friends on another server to keep an eye on this troublesome banner  :teethhappy: .

For the last 2-3 months he has kept a close tab on him :bush: .

We have a special person on our TS server at the moment who transferred to the NA server he was banned also by the banner of hell on this forum  :hiding: .

Come on lads sort it out get something done and make the forums a more safer and community freindly place we dont need these abusive banners here.

Cheers folks.

wolfmenseyes

rancidpunk #8 Posted 05 August 2013 - 06:48 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 45917 battles
  • [ORCA] ORCA
I had and "educational warning" before, made me chuckle a lot thinking of being marched off for re-education 1984 style :)

LigthWolf #9 Posted 05 August 2013 - 07:43 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 11311 battles

View PostEctar, on 05 August 2013 - 05:52 PM, said:

Don't make me put you back here iScending..
[.gif]

Nooooo, out of upvotes!! :(

Murphy1up #10 Posted 05 August 2013 - 08:21 PM

Lieutenant General

• Military Reserve
  • 11249 battles
  • [-QQ-] -QQ-

View Postwolfmenseyes, on 05 August 2013 - 06:45 PM, said:

So could you please remove the warning from my thread -> http://forum.worldof...-opinions-here/.

iScending,

We all know you have a job to do, and its sometimes applicable to moderate posts over a long period which results in one being tired and sometimes a drift can appear to happen where mistakes are made often rarely  :smile: .
I'm a moderator on 3 forums and i respect you have owned up to this mistake :honoring: . (good on you sir).
I'm not going to lie though, you need to sort some of your staff out, and one in particular!. because these bans and warnings are becoming out of hand and people have suffered because of this.
Over the short time of me being here it appears that you have a loose moderator on a banning spree of hell. (no names).
You know who it is, and so does this whole forum. you can ask anyone on this forum who has been the victim to his punishments they will truthfully tell you what needs to be heard  :smile: .
I have already private messaged one of my friends on another server to keep an eye on this troublesome banner  :teethhappy: .
For the last 2-3 months he has kept a close tab on him :bush: .
We have a special person on our TS server at the moment who transferred to the NA server he was banned also by the banner of hell on this forum  :hiding: .
Come on lads sort it out get something done and make the forums a more safer and community freindly place we dont need these abusive banners here.

Cheers folks.

wolfmenseyes

There is no need for the space between each of your lines. If you or another player has issues with moderation, the process is the same as it has always been. Send a PM to Mr_Kubrick and copy the in the appropriate language team Community Manager (If there is no Community Manager for the team, copy in a Community Coordinator).  The appeal will either be upheld or overturned.

wolfmenseyes #11 Posted 05 August 2013 - 09:10 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 1705 battles

View PostEctar, on 05 August 2013 - 08:21 PM, said:

There is no need for the space between each of your lines. If you or another player has issues with moderation, the process is the same as it has always been. Send a PM to Mr_Kubrick and copy the in the appropriate language team Community Manager (If there is no Community Manager for the team, copy in a Community Coordinator).  The appeal will either be upheld or overturned.

Dear ectar,

You seem to be a good person, although i never trust anyone unless i personally know them  :smile: .

For the 3 years of my moderation work, i have seen moderators come and go like flies. We had to internally check things and make sure peoples opinions represented what was happening on the forums.

When you speak of contacting an administrator it makes me cringe. Our admin was part of the whole mess our forums where witnessing, he was allowing such things to go by while he focused on other things. It took our other admin who supported our cause almost a year and 5 months to watch and make sure the moderator in question was doing such things as said by our members.

In total within the span of around 2 months the moderator had been caught out by our admin and watched for the latter of a year while evidence was kept encase he rejected the claims. our admin had caught him out finally and we had stacks of evidence against him and around a week later after we had stripped him of his powers we had removed him from the team and perma banned him giving him a taste of what he made our members feel like.

The admin was demoted to a moderator after we gave him a second chance because he had apologised on teamspeak on our admin server.
About a month later me and 7 others quit our jobs. We mostly had studies and jobs to attend to :honoring: .

Its printed into my brain like a barcode.

I would PM you but i have to go back to work soon maybe another day ectar  :smile: .

Cheers Folks.

wolfmenseyes

Murphy1up #12 Posted 05 August 2013 - 10:07 PM

Lieutenant General

• Military Reserve
  • 11249 battles
  • [-QQ-] -QQ-

View Postwolfmenseyes, on 05 August 2013 - 09:10 PM, said:

When you speak of contacting an administrator it makes me cringe.

Please re-read what I wrote and who I said to contact.

wolfmenseyes #13 Posted 06 August 2013 - 12:22 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 1705 battles

View PostEctar, on 05 August 2013 - 10:07 PM, said:

Please re-read what I wrote and who I said to contact.

How about no.

I have no need to contact you or any other staff member regarding what i have said. I'm not one of them people who contacts someone expecting something to be done.

I have had my fair share of moderation. Its up to you now.

Trust me contacting you or the admin will do nothing but waste my time. Unless you can state otherwise of course.

wolfmenseyes

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users