IS3 ammo rack

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

Legault #1 Posted 31 January 2011 - 10:56 AM

First Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 13739 battles
How vulnerable is it exactly? I've been blowing up more and more IS3s from 50-100%. Have people that own this tank noticed any difference? It rarely happened until about 3-4 weeks ago where I randomly started murdering IS3s like it was nothing thanks to luck, but I never actually aimed for possible ammo rack locations. Is it just me or does it get ammo racked a lot? Or is it the fuel tanks that blow up like that?

Kazomir #2 Posted 31 January 2011 - 11:34 AM

First Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 15170 battles
ITs stationed in the turret, wich is the weakspot of the IS-3 if you face it frontally. yes they usually get blown a lot :) good choice for them is to buy wet ammo racks.

bubbs #3 Posted 01 February 2011 - 12:48 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 3106 battles
I've never noticed IS3s are easier to blow up. The only tank I consistently blow up is the T44.

Then again, I rarely go for the turret. Being used to the inaccurate russian guns, I feel safer aiming for the hull so that I don't miss. I'm aware that the T10 turret has paper thin armor, but still. Better a guaranteed hit than a chance of hitting, and another small chance of one-shotting on top of that.

From those pictures someone mentioned, I remember seeing that nearly all tanks had their ammo spread throughout the hull and turret, which is also apparently historically accurate, since there was never a sub-module large enough in real tanks that could hold all shells in one place. Makes sense to spread them out too, because it's better to have 1 shell blow up than the entire ammo stack.

meuhbat #4 Posted 02 February 2011 - 10:27 AM

First Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 11613 battles

View PostKazomir, on 31 January 2011 - 11:34 AM, said:

ITs stationed in the turret, wich is the weakspot of the IS-3 if you face it frontally. yes they usually get blown a lot :) good choice for them is to buy wet ammo racks.
hum, no.
IS3 weakspot is the HULL, aim the hull with a 130+mm pen gun and you will penetrate...
You can bounce many things with the turret on the other hand.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users