Patch 8.7 top arty MM fix?

SPG MM

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

Chewiezohrr #1 Posted 07 August 2013 - 10:53 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 26115 battles
  • [3VS27] 3VS27
I almost never complain about WoT, but it's hard not to be annoyed by this even if I was the one with an advantage, the change I hate the most is the SPG behemoths getting paired with flies they can easily squish and with those changes the SPG behemoths could end up being the solely higher/top tier tank in the match either balanced (spg vs spg) or one team getting a SPG the other a HT, MT or TD, for that WG made patch 8.7 and they didn't promise any real MM changes just that "there will no longer be the lonely top tier SPGs" (if there would be SPGS of the max tier for that match it would bring regular tank friends), but...?
Posted Image
4K+ damage that match and that was with me aiming badly except for 2 great shots since I stopped playing SPGs almost two patches ago and I'm out of practice, but really...why advertise such MM changes when this monstrosity of a "glitch" is still present? I for one do NOT want to ever see T10 SPGs in T8 matches and there definitely has to be some stricter MM for the other monsters like the Tigers, S51, etc.

Edited by Chewiezohrr, 08 August 2013 - 12:13 AM.

Nandee #2 Posted 07 August 2013 - 11:21 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 23840 battles
  • [VIHAR] VIHAR
So it is bad that you are against weak/small tanks... One can never be happy :D. Well I asked SerB and he told me "How terrible" strange... :)

Edited by Nandee, 07 August 2013 - 11:21 PM.

Chewiezohrr #3 Posted 07 August 2013 - 11:33 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 26115 battles
  • [3VS27] 3VS27
I'd be mad not to like to be in such a position, but objectively it's a disaster, that really needs to be eliminated, I'd have no problem to see another tank of similar tier, but a T10 SPG and full T8 or T8 SPG and full 7, etc is just BS.
What I don't understand is how this specific problem was fixed in 8.7 if I still got such a result, seems like parts of patches are just on paper instead of the actual game.

Edited by Chewiezohrr, 08 August 2013 - 12:09 AM.

Siimcy #4 Posted 07 August 2013 - 11:49 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 15092 battles
  • [S3AL] S3AL
I feel sorry for this Tiger tho, the only T7 and he wasn't even platooning.

Arty_Loves_You #5 Posted 08 August 2013 - 07:08 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 14017 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
I think it's healthy. Gives arty a chance to rule a match every now and again.... Oh, the memories.... 8.5, 8.5, where fore art though 8.5....  :playing:

This (being top dog on the list as arty) has happened to me once since 8.7, I was shocked, surprised and did very badly. Much prefer being down the list where everyones expectation will equal mine....  :sceptic:

GloatingSwine #6 Posted 08 August 2013 - 11:40 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 15497 battles
  • [COKUP] COKUP

View PostChewiezohrr, on 07 August 2013 - 10:53 PM, said:

4K+ damage that match and that was with me aiming badly except for 2 great shots since I stopped playing SPGs almost two patches ago and I'm out of practice, but really...why advertise such MM changes when this monstrosity of a "glitch" is still present? I for one do NOT want to ever see T10 SPGs in T8 matches and there definitely has to be some stricter MM for the other monsters like the Tigers, S51, etc.

Yeah, but imagine how much you could have farmed as a solo tier 10 heavy in a tier 8 match.....

I don't find top tier arty a problem at all.  If the top tier is arty vs tank and that's all it's more worrying, but only if the arty is on my side because that means the enemy has a tier 10 being scary on the front line and we don't.

Top arty vs arty, no problem with new arty mechanics.

Chewiezohrr #7 Posted 09 August 2013 - 09:33 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 26115 battles
  • [3VS27] 3VS27

View PostGloatingSwine, on 08 August 2013 - 11:40 PM, said:

Yeah, but imagine how much you could have farmed as a solo tier 10 heavy in a tier 8 match.....

I don't find top tier arty a problem at all.  If the top tier is arty vs tank and that's all it's more worrying, but only if the arty is on my side because that means the enemy has a tier 10 being scary on the front line and we don't.

Top arty vs arty, no problem with new arty mechanics.
You understood exactly nothing especially since you didn't comprehend that 8.7's MM fix was stated to be the elimination of top tier single SPG. Top tier SPG, worse with a 2 tier jump from the rest of the team, is more dangerous than a regular tank, it's absolutely outrageous to have tanks that can and will deal over 100% of a tank's HP per shot.

Another thing you did not understood is this problem not being this specific tier spread, it's very funny to have only ~800 tanks against a Lorry 50, T.P or S51 which happened, verdict? S51/T.P doesn't even have to hit the tank to one shot it. There should absolutely never be a SPG of a certain tier and not have regular tanks of that tier on both sides, the +/- 2 is already a massive buff for the ~2K cannons from T7 and above.