Lorraine 40t - Does anyone here like it? And why?

Do you like the lorraine 40t lorraine40t opinion tank autoloader

• Please log in to reply
170 replies to this topic

pastorev #1 Posted 13 August 2013 - 02:06 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 22672 battles
I am soon going to be researching and buying the Lorraine 40t on my quest for the BatChat 25t, and so far all I have found is bad review after bad review of it. So does anyone here actually like it and enjoy playing it?

Thanks,
   Pastorev.

KawaGreen #2 Posted 13 August 2013 - 02:13 PM

Lieutenant

• Clan Diplomat
  • 13307 battles
  • [PIZZA] PIZZA
I got it a couple of days before 8.6
It was terrible and I was really disappointed about it.
But then 8.6 came and it felt way better. (it finally started hitting targets)
Edit: after reading next 3 comments. Really? I actually liked it 1,832 avg WN7 on 128 games.

Edited by KawaGreen, 13 August 2013 - 02:28 PM.

ArmouredBin #3 Posted 13 August 2013 - 02:23 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 19303 battles
  • [I-OU] I-OU
when it was tier 8 i loved it. Now its tier 9 it is total fking junk. Just as bad id not worse than the ARLv39 and thats saying somthing!

KhublaR #4 Posted 13 August 2013 - 02:24 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 34383 battles
  • [BULL] BULL
Grinding it these days... it's horrible, really, really horrible :P

PzOffz_Vollmilch #5 Posted 13 August 2013 - 02:25 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 31469 battles
  • [GR-W2] GR-W2
Worst tank I´ve driven in this game so far.

Legault #6 Posted 13 August 2013 - 05:30 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 14706 battles
I liked it quite a bit. It's a great support tank and it pretty much does the same as the batchat, just slightly less burst and it takes longer to unload. I got it just before it was moved from tier 8 to 9, so quite a while ago, it should be even better now. You only have to unload one clip/6 shells succesfully to be useful in a battle, it shouldn't be hard as it has plenty of penetration.

xXxBregjexXx #7 Posted 14 August 2013 - 06:49 AM

Private

• Player
  • 28896 battles
  • [506TH] 506TH
well you got to go through it anyway

BAUNCEMEISTER #8 Posted 14 August 2013 - 08:20 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 25261 battles
  • [DIIIK] DIIIK
I'm grinding the lorrie atm. I'm at 2/3 of the grind and my average damage is 2300+. It's an ok tank but the amx 50 120 and T54e1 are better tanks (which i have already finished so I have a lot of tier IX autoloader experience). It's a very difficult tank and it is missing the alpha damage of the other 2 ( you have to stay in the open longer to do the same amount of damage). If you make a mistake you will die very fast. If you are spotted you will be prime target to get shot. Play it very carefully and it can be a very rewarding tank.
things you should do with a lorrie
- kill lone wolfs
- shoot low hp tanks
- snipe at the start from a very long distance
- always check the mini map
- play ninja when the complete enemy team is spotted
- avoid enemy autoloaders
-play smart and keep your patience

Edited by BAUNCEMEISTER, 14 August 2013 - 08:40 AM.

SoulCry #9 Posted 14 August 2013 - 09:10 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 9541 battles
Even though I somehow managed to reach 50%WR with this tank, had a lot 5k dmg battles, had a lot more kills than battles, got elite around 260battles, it's still a bad tank... When people got their T10 spgs and FINALLY stopped playing it, Lorri became more useful by 300% but still not enough to change my mind. I had some great battles but to me is MEH... I remember first battle, not even one shell fired, killed by GWP in full speed, 30seconds into battle. Before Lorri I have never been one shot before!! Next 30 battles I have been one shot 8 times, all by arty! Then I changed my play style to "coward who steals kills", the kind I hate the most, but it's simply Lorri's way and there is no other. I was being called "noob, coward, idiot, f-ing moron, etc." but in the end, I was the one with highest efficiency. When mm stopped putting 5 high tier spgs per team, this tank really came forward but for me it was too late. I managed to really use my experience with it, all the careful game play and do some really great battles (was able to get up to 3 kills in one drum due to some planning) and it was great but as I said, too late...

For all new Lorri players, you can go for it but don't expect wonders. At least you won't be so unlucky with arty as I was.

As the tank itself, it has 2 major drawbacks - gun depression and camo value! If you step on a small rock, you will be aiming at the sun so be careful. As for camo, I swear, this tank is visible from base to base on smaller maps!! Sometimes I haven't even left the base circle and 6th sense was glowing!

Further more, don't play Lorri without 6th sense, especially if there is arty. Also, consider yourself as meat! Believe me, the moment someone spotted you, all the guns are changing their aim at you! I had battles where enemy changed aim from target 30m away, behind corner, just to shoot me 300m away. They lived to regret it but still, it's weird feeling...

Skalski #10 Posted 14 August 2013 - 11:29 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 24290 battles
moving it a tier up was one of the most annoying things that happened in that particular update. The smaller AMX13 series are still doing fine because they already had the specific scout MM, but the Lori, being a fair t8 with normal MM, with the retiering became just BAD. The 100mm is underperforming against most of what it meets, the tank is too big to hide or evade with and doesn't have any useful armor. It just doesn't have many options - the SA47 is not accurate enough to snipe and even if one tried - the revolver setup is an actual hinderance when one would normally need sustainable fire. There is no useful gun depression (for balance reasons contradicting history unsurprisingly) to make use of terrain cover (did I mention the tank's size?) and the only thing your speed is good for considering where and what for it can deliver your weapon - is running away in the most pivotal moments after you spend 6 shells, The first inevitably missing, the next two inexplicably doing no harm, the next missing as you try and hurry before you get focused on, similarly the next and finally, the last one inflicting below 300hp of damage. A hasty retreat in a precious, hole-ridden Lorraine follows. Or not.

Legault #11 Posted 15 August 2013 - 11:03 AM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 14706 battles

View PostBAUNCEMEISTER, on 14 August 2013 - 08:20 AM, said:

I'm grinding the lorrie atm. I'm at 2/3 of the grind and my average damage is 2300+. It's an ok tank but the amx 50 120 and T54e1 are better tanks (which i have already finished so I have a lot of tier IX autoloader experience). It's a very difficult tank and it is missing the alpha damage of the other 2 ( you have to stay in the open longer to do the same amount of damage). If you make a mistake you will die very fast. If you are spotted you will be prime target to get shot. Play it very carefully and it can be a very rewarding tank.
things you should do with a lorrie
- kill lone wolfs
- shoot low hp tanks
- snipe at the start from a very long distance
- always check the mini map
- play ninja when the complete enemy team is spotted
- avoid enemy autoloaders
-play smart and keep your patience
- Support the local batchat after he runs out of ammo and carry the game
Spoiler                     
I love autoloader players that know how to bloody support AND flank without getting themselves killed.

Edited by Legault, 15 August 2013 - 11:07 AM.

EemeIi #12 Posted 15 August 2013 - 11:11 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 23399 battles
I'd say it's a decent tank. Good players can make it shine but mediocre players are better off in other tanks. As said, do not go to front positions early, snipe from clever spots. Once you survive till mid game you can have a big effect to the outcome, given that the enemy isn't overpowered.

My very experienced crew stays in the AMX 13-90, so I have had to play lorry without 6th sense. Can't recommend it that way to anyone (you get used to it but it's much weaker), a must first perk for the commander.

Cenon #13 Posted 15 August 2013 - 01:07 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 8329 battles

View PostSoulCry, on 14 August 2013 - 09:10 PM, said:

Further more, don't play Lorri without 6th sense, especially if there is arty. Also, consider yourself as meat! Believe me, the moment someone spotted you, all the guns are changing their aim at you! I had battles where enemy changed aim from target 30m away, behind corner, just to shoot me 300m away. They lived to regret it but still, it's weird feeling...

Hahaha, we just laughed yesterday with my platoon friend about the "Always shoot Lorraine" -effect. No matter if there are enemies hugging with their weak sides against you, the guns will always turn towards the half visible Lorraine 500 m away. Lorraine just makes people crazy. Thank god its over now.... unlocked Batchat yesterday and today I'm having a funeral party with Lorraine.

Legault #14 Posted 15 August 2013 - 01:16 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 14706 battles

View PostSoulCry, on 14 August 2013 - 09:10 PM, said:

If you don't turn your turret towards an autoloader aiming for you you're just asking to die.

Amkal #15 Posted 16 August 2013 - 06:45 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 25552 battles
  • [-BSF-] -BSF-
I have recently bought my Lorry, and somehow it deals more damage than my 13 90, eventhough it still uses the same gun. I have to say, i was expecting something a lot worse, so for now I am quite happy with it.
One thing is bugging me though. I have noticed the gun slot in the turret's collar but even at maximum depression angle the gun doesnt slide even near it, so I got myself wondering wether my lorry had the historical accurate gun depression. Anyone else noticing the same thing?

Cenon #16 Posted 16 August 2013 - 07:07 AM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 8329 battles
ye i noticed the slot in the turret myself, and realized right away that my Lorraine must be very badly maintained since the gun cant reach even close to the slot

kfa #17 Posted 16 August 2013 - 07:14 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 22036 battles
  • [WKD] WKD
If you play it as cowardly as possible (means: run away far when ANY gun points at you) it is quite good.
It can seriously harass any tanks from the sides or the rear with great amount of pain.

Just dont get hit for the love of god.

CPTANT #18 Posted 16 August 2013 - 01:32 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 7515 battles
Its hard stats and the playstyle (gun, speed, armour) are balanced just fine. Still the tank seems to really suffer for no reason in certain soft stats such as gun depression (not even near that gun slot) the non-existent camo  values and that super annoying turret ring that locks up every third shot you take. With a small buff to the soft stats (2 degrees more depression, bit better camo, slight increase in turret ring hitpoints) the tank would really be fine.

Q77 #19 Posted 30 August 2013 - 07:23 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 12072 battles
Victory!
Battle: Murovanka 30 aug 2013 20:15:33
Vehicle: Lorraine 40 t
Experience received: 3.650 (x2)
Credits received: 74.751 (compensation: 2.722)
Battle Achievements: Mastery Badge: "1st Class"

First time I got this tank to work well, problem is, it took me 150 games lol

JPKERR #20 Posted 31 August 2013 - 07:51 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 19690 battles
  • [CELL] CELL
Its worst medium on tier. Of course it has its moments but its not very often.
AMX 50 100 is better in my opinion. Lower profile, better armor, same gun with slightly longer reload, better elevation, better MM cause lower tier, same turn speed and is still pretty damn fast. Lorraine has better, incredible acceleration, but its not AMX 13 and you lose lot of speed on turning.
T54E1 wrecks Lorraine before it can shoot 6 shots.
Problem with Lorraine is that it was nerfed several times when it was tier VIII, and when it jumped to IX past nerfs were still present. And are. So we get bad camo and smaller than historical gun depression.
Many people dont like fact that instead of AMX 13 with better gun we get giant cow that is sniper or support, doing both jobs average at best.
Lorraine is worst medium stat-wise on noobmeter.com, not without reason.

Tho there are many unicum hipsters that say this tank is fine etc. you just need pr0 sk1llZ.Its to show their professional progamererism skills

Also tagged with Do, you, like, the, lorraine, 40t, lorraine40t, opinion, tank, autoloader

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users