Lorraine 40t - Does anyone here like it? And why?

Do you like the lorraine 40t lorraine40t opinion tank autoloader

• Please log in to reply
170 replies to this topic

Kung_se #161 Posted 14 March 2016 - 10:26 AM

Private

• Player
  • 25633 battles
  • [MOOSE] MOOSE

View PostXodatna86, on 11 March 2016 - 02:46 PM, said:

I bought the Lorr 40t a few days now and I'm still wondering how to play/equip this tank...

Can someone tell me how to play the Lorraine 40t ?

In game, I can make 4k dmg, but the next game I deal 600 dmg and die in early game...

I play this tank sniper at the beginning, and contact when tanks no longer have HP left. (Crew skill : Sixth sens, camouflage, repa, smooth drive and snap shot).

Gear : Stab, Venti and aiming system 

Hard tank to play alone, are platoon compulsory ?

I have just bought it myself, freaking awesome tank, i love it. i use vent, optics and the thing that makes it aim faster. At start i stay second line, avoiding to get hit, and take some sneaky shots in. At mid / lategame i prey on the damaged tanks with the autoloader and tanks that are left alone, i try not to trade shots at the start.

RePlayBoy101 #162 Posted 06 April 2016 - 07:04 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 21287 battles

View PostXodatna86, on 11 March 2016 - 01:46 PM, said:

I bought the Lorr 40t a few days now and I'm still wondering how to play/equip this tank...

Can someone tell me how to play the Lorraine 40t ?

In game, I can make 4k dmg, but the next game I deal 600 dmg and die in early game...

I play this tank sniper at the beginning, and contact when tanks no longer have HP left. (Crew skill : Sixth sens, camouflage, repa, smooth drive and snap shot).

Gear : Stab, Venti and aiming system 

Hard tank to play alone, are platoon compulsory ?

be patient and dont peak if some1 is looking at you ... save ur HP for the end game ... pick off isolated targets ... allways try to engage the sides / rear of the enemy(the gun has amazing accuracy if u fully aim if u dont then get fucked by rng)... use ur speed to circle or get into ridiculous possitions

u dont need cammo on this tank go for

sixt sense->BiA->repair

snap shoot->BiA->repair

smooth ride->BiA->repair

Edited by RePlayBoy101, 06 April 2016 - 08:10 PM.

Meglodon #163 Posted 08 April 2016 - 08:41 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 29818 battles

Have hated this tank for such a loooong time. 

Been trying a few times over the years to grind through it. 

Through the years its seen its share of changes. And today its not as bad as it used to be. But it is still isnt a good tank imho. However im really gonna grind it through this time. And im doing it by using the stock gun. Thats right screw the 100mm SA47 with its horrible reload time between shells and nightmarish clip reload time. The 60 extra dmg pr shell just aint worth it.  I mean who would increase their reload time by almost 50 % to get 60 extra dmg? cuss thats what you doing when you go for the 100 over the 90.

"But  dude the 90mm only has like 170 penetration its utterly useless at tier 9" I hear you say.

Jupp thats true and thats why I load up nothing but premium APCR rounds. Better PEN then the stock 100mm gun, better pr shell reload so now you can actually empty that mag quickly and get back into safety. But most importantly the clip reload time is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much better. Reloading that half full clip is now an option.  Using the F3 gun is such an improvement on fun factor of the tank for methat Im actually starting to have enjoyable games in it. Im even having good games in it doing 4k+ dmg more often. Now thats nothing insane but its a helluva lot better then I used to be performing. There just doesnt seem to be any real reason to use the 100mm other then the cost. And it is costly.

It often ends up running heavily in the red credit wise. Like up to 70-100k in the red pr game. But when grinding tanks I dont like I dont mind running in the red if it means actually not hating the tank. 

Edited by Meglodon, 08 April 2016 - 08:43 PM.

lotusthemotus #164 Posted 11 May 2016 - 11:23 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 39121 battles
  • [S300E] S300E

You need 100% camo crew for this tank imho. Without that, it sucks.

Play it just like the CDC in the beginning - well, keep in mind the gun depression.

Play it like the 13/90 in midgame

Play it like the T69 in endgame

Optics, Rammer, Vents.

The small gun is not too bad with a good crew and all researched modules. Just play like an agressive 13/90. Makes money on average with that gun.

PowJay #165 Posted 15 May 2016 - 01:59 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 37699 battles

I never expected to like the Lorraine. So I haven't been disappointed.

The main problem that I have with it is that I am not a bad player. I am able to carry now and again, or at least make a significant difference to a game outcome. Not all the time, by any means, but I do at least try.

The thing is, the Lorraine doesn't allow me to carry- or even to try hard in many games.

It is a fast MT with a hard-hitting auto-loader. Sure, if your magazine isn't full, it is tough, but with good timing, I sometimes am able to completely relocate during a reload and pop up somewhere else to give the enemy a surprise. It is AMAZING as a support tank.

The problem is, in Random games, that you can't always afford to play in support. If you are going to win, you have to try and carry. Even as I type between battles, I have just lost a game on Lakeville as top tier where NO-ONE, not a single other player on my team went north of the J/K lines. I tried to assess enemy strength in the city, but got set upon by two tanks in the town and one on the lakeside. The rest of the team just camped and were slaughtered.

Add to this, that your capability is massively reduced almost every game by ammo-rack damage and a reload of over 70 seconds and you have a totally fked-up tank.

When it goes well, though I love it. But most of the time, it is just another grind.

Edited by PowJay, 15 May 2016 - 02:07 PM.

Kurghan #166 Posted 18 May 2016 - 08:08 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Clan Diplomat
  • 36719 battles

PowJay #167 Posted 10 June 2016 - 04:16 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 37699 battles

Well, the grind is over. As the end got closer and closer, I started to get worse and worse games. I am not sure at the moment how many I have lost this week, but it has turned a potential (short-term) keeper into a 50% WR gonner.

I am hoping to get the BC 25 T for at least a 15% discount, so I won't be buying it any time soon. In the meant-time I was going to use the Elite Lorraine to improve the crew for the BC- so long as it held a positive WR. Today, with 500 XP to go, it finally lucked out and hit 50%. I used 500 Free XP and immediately sold the Lorr.

Considering how widely this tank seems to be disliked, I managed to hold a positive WR until the grind was (almost) complete and as I never expected to enjoy it, I am not sorry that it has not become a "keeper".

Farewell, Lorraine; and thanks for the Bat Chat.

RePlayBoy101 #168 Posted 27 July 2016 - 11:11 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 21287 battles

View PostPowJay, on 10 June 2016 - 03:16 PM, said:

Well, the grind is over. As the end got closer and closer, I started to get worse and worse games. I am not sure at the moment how many I have lost this week, but it has turned a potential (short-term) keeper into a 50% WR gonner.

I am hoping to get the BC 25 T for at least a 15% discount, so I won't be buying it any time soon. In the meant-time I was going to use the Elite Lorraine to improve the crew for the BC- so long as it held a positive WR. Today, with 500 XP to go, it finally lucked out and hit 50%. I used 500 Free XP and immediately sold the Lorr.

Considering how widely this tank seems to be disliked, I managed to hold a positive WR until the grind was (almost) complete and as I never expected to enjoy it, I am not sorry that it has not become a "keeper".

Farewell, Lorraine; and thanks for the Bat Chat.

the win to lose rating isnt effected by the tank but by the summer holiday...kids are free and are playing games

Maauru #169 Posted 02 November 2016 - 07:58 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 20337 battles

https://thearmoredpa...complete-stats/

And Lorraine 40t could return in game as T8 premium MT...

Aragart #170 Posted 02 November 2016 - 11:54 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 41078 battles
  • [GHS] GHS
Yup - old Lorraine owners should get a chance in a mission marathon in January to get it!!!

Punisher_GR_ #171 Posted 29 November 2016 - 08:57 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 40594 battles
  • [GRTG] GRTG
Was amazing tier 8 and the worst tier 9 but that's me opinion.

Also tagged with Do, you, like, the, lorraine, 40t, lorraine40t, opinion, tank, autoloader

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users