[Poll] Changing the Way Matches are Made

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

Poll: Suggestion Survey (8 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

Do You think this might work?

1. Yes, I love the idea! Heavy Tanks would still serve their purpose, and I believe games would be more enjoyable for weaker tanks! (2 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

2. Yes, it could work. Wouldn't mind trying it! (1 vote [12.50%])

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

3. No, I hate it! (Don't hesitate to mention why!) (1 vote [12.50%])

4. No, I believe it would do more harm than good! (Don't hesitate to mention why!) (4 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

5. Indifferent. (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Do You think the Pos/Neg Thumbs should be removed?

1. Yes, they serve no purpose whatsoever. (3 votes [37.50%])

Percentage of vote: 37.50%

2. No, I don't mind them. (3 votes [37.50%])

Percentage of vote: 37.50%

3. No, I want to neg rep every single reply I see! >:( (1 vote [12.50%])

4. Indifferent. (1 vote [12.50%])

Vote Hide poll

Dealman #1 Posted 14 August 2013 - 05:37 AM

Private

• Player
  • 2279 battles
Hey, I just thought I'd post a quick poll to see what you guys think of it. This is a little thing me and a few friends of mine spoke about for a bit, and how it could potentially make gameplay feel more balanced, while not touching a tank's statistics.

Introduction

Some of you probably know how frustrating it can be when you're in a Medium Tank or something with a rather lackluster gun, and you're put in a match where there are 4-5 Heavy Tanks, 2 tiers higher than you. And while in theory, you should with most likeliness be able to outflank those heavies, but since World of Tanks isn't historically accurate whatsoever in terms of turret traverse, most heavies seem to be able to counter "circling" with ease.

Now the interesting thing is, tank destroyers(with a fixed gun) can not and one of their absolutely biggest weaknesses is their fixed gun. If you de-track them and they've already used their repair kit, you can go around them and hit their weak spots or the rear. While also focusing on keeping their track destroyed.

As such, the Tank Destroyer becomes helpless unless his team comes to his aid.

This is more often than not, not possible with Light/Medium Tanks. Since turret traverse for most heavy tanks are fast enough to prevent it.

Suggestion

My suggestion is that the way the matches are constructed is changed. For example, if you're in a Tier 6 Medium Tank, the highest possible Heavy Tank you will have in your match would be 1 Tier higher. Whereas Tank Destroyers can be 2 Tiers higher.

Why do I think this is a plausible solution?

Because as I mentioned above, tank destroyers can be somewhat easily dealt with by flanking them. Taking out a Tank Destroyer's track is disabling it entirely except for its fixed gun with limited arc of fire. This isn't true for the Heavy Tank, yes, it will be immobile, but it can still turn its turret around and blast more than half of your health away.

Now it is possible that I might have missed some major drawback which might be caused by this solution, if it were to be added. And if that is the case, don't hesitate to mention it. I enjoy constructive critique about my suggestions, and feedback in general. I know some people might agree with it and for a fact that a lot of people will despise it(Especially elitists, which this community has more than plenty of...).

And as per usual, let the neg reps for no reason commence!
(I apologize if the format becomes corrupted, seems to be a bug with the Forums which yet has to be fixed. It seems to work for some time after editing but then it randomly breaks again. Will try to keep it updated as much as possible to make it easier to read!)

ssgtom #2 Posted 14 August 2013 - 06:28 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 38605 battles
I voted for "no".

With thios solution you would force the MM to built more games with heavies only and other games with a lot mediums together with TDs that are two tiers higher. And in my opinion a TD is way more dangerous than a heavy because ist hugealpha-damage and high camo-value.

In your introduction you are thinking at 1vs1 situations only, but it is a team game. When I am two tier below top, I just play complete different than being toptier.

For example: In my Panther2 I rather have a +2 Tier heavy as opponent than a +2 Tier TD which kills me with one shot. I can work by spotting for my team and by sniping. I wouldn't attack the heavy alone, but when I see it is attacked by a teammate I will flank him. In this case the enemy has to show his weakspot either to me or to my teammate.

EDIT: for the neg/pos-rep Option I voted no also. I think it is a good idea to make people write constructive posts. I see that the "-" option is often used in a wrong way - it should be used for nonsense and offtopic posts, but lazy people rather use this "-" button than describing their own point of view.

Edited by ssgtom, 14 August 2013 - 06:32 AM.

Dealman #3 Posted 14 August 2013 - 07:26 AM

Private

• Player
  • 2279 battles

View Postssgtom, on 14 August 2013 - 06:28 AM, said:

I voted for "no".
With thios solution you would force the MM to built more games with heavies only and other games with a lot mediums together with TDs that are two tiers higher. And in my opinion a TD is way more dangerous than a heavy because ist hugealpha-damage and high camo-value.
In your introduction you are thinking at 1vs1 situations only, but it is a team game. When I am two tier below top, I just play complete different than being toptier.

There would of course have to be further alterations for it to prevent issues like you mentioned above, then again, I see a game full of heavies as a bigger issue than a game full of mediums. Personally I love games which consists mostly of mediums when I'm playing one myself. Everyone plays an equally important role, and you don't have to worry too much about weak spots.

And in all honesty, I've seen more Heavy Tanks with high alpha as a much bigger threat than a tank destroyer with high alpha. Because until Tier 7/8+, heavy tanks and tank destroyers will pretty much share identical Damage/Penetration values - with some exceptions.

And no, I am not thinking of 1 vs 1 scenarios. When I'm playing my medium tanks, in most games I'm able to find one or two heavy tanks that either tries to do all himself or who is alone, with his support being killed. I'd love to flank him and circle around him, keeping him rooted while doing some - but not much damage(Depends on the tank).

But this isn't really a viable option, unless the heavy tank is a KV-2 or other heavy tank with slow turret traverse(Which seems to be utmost rare in WoT).

View Postssgtom, on 14 August 2013 - 06:28 AM, said:

EDIT: for the neg/pos-rep Option I voted no also. I think it is a good idea to make people write constructive posts. I see that the "-" option is often used in a wrong way - it should be used for nonsense and offtopic posts, but lazy people rather use this "-" button than describing their own point of view.

Which is why it should be removed, almost every thread is plagued by people giving other neg rep for no apparent reason. So it really ends up serving close to no purpose at all...

Cobra6 #4 Posted 14 August 2013 - 02:17 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16332 battles
  • [RGT] RGT
I don't like the idea to be honest. The current matchmaker is doing quite a good job if you remember how it functioned 1-2 years back.

Cobra 6

Unch_04 #5 Posted 14 August 2013 - 02:27 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 59082 battles
  • [FE2O3] FE2O3
I like it also..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users