Golden Age of CoD

cod call of duty game FPS cool PrivateMonkeyz best UO

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14 replies to this topic

PrivateMonkeyz #1 Posted 14 August 2013 - 02:14 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 3974 battles
Hello fellow tankers. I notice that usually , even in the Off-Topic area there is tank related stuff . The following topic is about CoD. Many people, when asked of Call of Duty, they think of CoD 4, WAW, MW2, S**tWarfare3, BlackFrogs 1 and 2. But there was a time when CoD was really a game where skill mattered . No killstreaks, just skill. Basically the golden era of Call of Duty. I remember having so much fun on Battlefield-like maps and on modded servers.
Take a look
Call of Duty: United Offensive(2004) was a DLC for Call of Duty (2003)
In CoD: UO , you used to have jeeps,Flak 88s, Wirbelwinds, tripwires, artillery, Shermans, Pz.4s , Ferdinands,Tigers, Jagdpanthers,Pz 38(t)s, ISU-100s ,T-34s,KV-1s,panzerschreks and various AT objects,deployable MGs, flamethrowers, sprint more than 33 feet, no regenerating health, the effectiveness and angle of bullets decreased in as they traveled , medpacks and ammo were scarce so you had to make every bullet count and it also made the game a more realistic experience.
Sincerely , it was way better than Battlefield 1942.
Not to mention the fact that the teams were so much better with admins kicking raging kids.
My favorite map was Ponyri. It was a very large map where most of the time the objective was to either destroy the Russian factory by planting a bomb or Base Assault.
The Russians had more tank spawns than the germans so the germans had to make use of the long range Flak88 and panzerschreks. (in SnD gamemode)
Here are some pictures:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Here are some videos . Try to watch at least 5 minutes of each one. These made me nostalgic...
Spoiler                     
Spoiler                     
Spoiler                     
I don't know if I'll get any replies , but I loved this game so much! Compare this to MWCrap 3

Edited by PrivateMonkeyz, 16 August 2013 - 05:35 PM.

playec1992 #2 Posted 14 August 2013 - 02:26 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 11483 battles
love it when modders make a game much better as it was supposed to be .-)
thx for share, maybe i try it out.

Dis4ster #3 Posted 14 August 2013 - 02:49 PM

Major

• Player
  • 27950 battles
I loved this game and would still love it if my graphics card were not too expensive to play pixel crap like this. I wish the producers would make a remake of Battlefield 1942 and Vietnam and of CoD 1.
How much fun the new CoDs would be without this perk crap just with war atmosphere, some vehicles and >>headshots<<!!
Do someone know the game Vietcong? Awesome multiplayer(bad singlelayer) with bad/no promotion because of this it was not that popular and died fast. A remake of this would stop me from buying games for the next 5+ years.

Edited by Dathdeath, 14 August 2013 - 02:59 PM.

PrivateMonkeyz #4 Posted 14 August 2013 - 03:09 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 3974 battles

View Postplayec1992, on 14 August 2013 - 02:26 PM, said:

love it when modders make a game much better as it was supposed to be .-)
thx for share, maybe i try it out.

The United Offensive was a DLC for the original CoD 1. It wasn't a mod, although there were many mods created for UO to make the game much better than it was.

Back when a DLC ment tanks,jeeps, and more than frekkin 4 new maps  :confused:

playec1992 #5 Posted 14 August 2013 - 03:28 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 11483 battles

View PostPrivateMonkeyz, on 14 August 2013 - 03:09 PM, said:

The United Offensive was a DLC for the original CoD 1. It wasn't a mod, although there were many mods created for UO to make the game much better than it was.

Back when a DLC ment tanks,jeeps, and more than frekkin 4 new maps  :confused:

wow not even a mod, even better  :great:

true.. DLC's, today are pathetic.
sometimes i wish i the gameplay would matter, not the graphics :-(

PrivateMonkeyz #6 Posted 15 August 2013 - 08:13 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 3974 battles

View PostDathdeath, on 14 August 2013 - 02:49 PM, said:

I loved this game and would still love it if my graphics card were not too expensive to play pixel crap like this. I wish the producers would make a remake of Battlefield 1942 and Vietnam and of CoD 1.
How much fun the new CoDs would be without this perk crap just with war atmosphere, some vehicles and >>headshots<<!!
Do someone know the game Vietcong? Awesome multiplayer(bad singlelayer) with bad/no promotion because of this it was not that popular and died fast. A remake of this would stop me from buying games for the next 5+ years.

Yes I played Vietcong but I never liked games about the Vietnam war .

Oh yes, a remake of CoD 1 and UO would be super cool, not sure about BF2 . I founf BF Bad Company 1 and 2 to be far more realistic and entertaining (they feel like they were made by different teams). It's also sad to see the direction where TF2 is going . Lots and lots of hats and **** like that and kids that just ruin the game. *Trading Turdhat for 1.33 refined metal* . I want to play a darn team game not to trade hats . I've spent only $25 back in 2009 when the Mann Co. Shop opened and bought lots of keys . They were only $2 back then. Now they're $5 .

Call of Duty MW series in a nutshell :trollface: :

Scrap #7 Posted 16 August 2013 - 01:20 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 6759 battles
I always hate when people say "Omg Cod series sucks so bad". Kind of brings out in them that they haven't played the first couple of ones.
The first was a master piece. Game came out alongside Medal of Honor that had the classical Omaha beach landing. At that time you had no idea how one series would take over the other. Medal of Honor is still alive too thankfully as it was a great game and deserves it.
So yes Call of duty and UO where both amazing. CoD 1 mostly focused on single player and made an epic world war 2 Hollywood movie like games with you battling alongside tens or even hundreds of comrades, it wasn't a common thing to see in a game. What was surprising was how fun the multiplayer element was. Very simple and action packed, they remade levels from single player into multiplayer maps and seemed more of an added bonus as most games always came out with a multiplayer option. Still it almost made it a Counter-strike:WW2 as the gameplay mechanics where very solid.
Then game UO adding a new single player campaign but also expanding a lot on multiplayer and that is when things got fun with vehicles and multiplayer started slowly kicking off.
Cod 2 was also an excellent game, great graphics and great battle scenes, more so with the Russian campaign. Again the multiplayer was very fun and engaging. Everyone used cover, peeked from corners and advanced on targets. Very fast paced yet it wasn't that much of a bunny hopping in the middle of the street kind of business. People moved around quite fast but still used cover to advance. I can still hear the *clink clink clonk* grenade sound. In contested spots you probably heard a grenade go off every 1 second playing multiplayer.
Then it started catching on and went on the rail of sequels. MW1 was again a great spin-off and rehash of the concept and managed to create an original game but from there on they started focusing on the multiplayer and went for a new target audience.
As they release a new one every year now the games seem pretty similar as the got the formula down that sells and they don't need to change that much. If you compare the changes from Cod to Cod 2 to Cod:WoW to Cod:MW it is quite obvious they put a lot more effort into design and changing it up. Now you can't really tell the difference.

Edited by Scrap, 16 August 2013 - 01:25 AM.

Dis4ster #8 Posted 16 August 2013 - 02:01 PM

Major

• Player
  • 27950 battles
Scrap you forgot to mention the retarted DLCs. Which replaced the addons and let the asshole publishers sell a game(with less content compared to the old games) for more than 100€. Iam pretty sure they just cut the DLCs out of the finished game and release the unfinished one for 50-60€ then they sell the "bonus" content til the new game is finished(1-2 months after the last DLC release) and the most of the gamers switch to the new one and let you play your almost dead 120€+ multiplayer game alone.

FireflyDivision #9 Posted 16 August 2013 - 02:54 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 23725 battles
  • [CMON] CMON
CoD UO was the best game ever. I still was playing it 1 year ago.

Wolfesblut #10 Posted 16 August 2013 - 05:02 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 17252 battles
  • [READ] READ
My fav map of the early CoD was...damn, how was the map called? That small castle, in the dark.....CS in WW2....and the most progamerer gun of course the 98k...
MW1 was great fun too, actually and it was something different.

Edited by Wolfesblut, 16 August 2013 - 05:03 PM.

PrivateMonkeyz #11 Posted 16 August 2013 - 08:08 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 3974 battles

View PostWolfesblut, on 16 August 2013 - 05:02 PM, said:

My fav map of the early CoD was...damn, how was the map called? That small castle, in the dark.....CS in WW2....and the most progamerer gun of course the 98k...
MW1 was great fun too, actually and it was something different.

I think it was Rhinevalley . Big hill with a castle on top of it . Oh yes , the 98k was my favorite rifle in the game.

FireflyDivision #12 Posted 17 August 2013 - 11:47 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 23725 battles
  • [CMON] CMON
TDM Foy Thompson  :smile:

anonym_kL7qtn3e52MB #13 Posted 18 August 2013 - 09:46 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 0 battles
It was standalone... how is a standalone product DLC?? ever?

PrivateMonkeyz #14 Posted 18 August 2013 - 01:05 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 3974 battles

View PostCostarring, on 18 August 2013 - 09:46 AM, said:

It was standalone... how is a standalone product DLC?? ever?

"Call of Duty: United Offensive is the first and only expansion pack available for Call of Duty 1 at this point. It offered a brand new campaign and also a variety of new features, maps, and multiplayer modes. Call of Duty: United Offensive requires the original game to play, it is not a stand alone expansion pack and was priced at $20 in 2004."

anonym_kL7qtn3e52MB #15 Posted 19 August 2013 - 07:50 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 0 battles
Had to check my box. You are right. It's an expansion....

Was a long time ago...

Also tagged with cod, call, of, duty, game, FPS, cool, PrivateMonkeyz, best, UO

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users