Jump to content


The VK 28.01 is Washed Up


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
42 replies to this topic

Tazilon #1 Posted 16 August 2013 - 07:18 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 966 battles
  • 1,746
  • Member since:
    03-31-2012
It's been nerfed to death and Wargaming sucks eggs, right?

Here is a mission which shows how bad it is.  I get no medals so don't expect much....

except....I DO get:

3,155 damage
4,015 DUYS
2,854 XP

Nerfed to death?  HA!

http://wotreplays.eu...tazilon-vk_2801

(that said, I think ALL Tier VI Scouts should get to go 72 km/h)

Zarax999 #2 Posted 16 August 2013 - 08:13 AM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 10117 battles
  • 3,249
  • [TWC] TWC
  • Member since:
    04-08-2011
Hey Tazilon,

I know you're the miracle man when it comes to light tanks but don't you think WG could have given us something more original than a redesigned Panther as tier VII "light"?

I mean, I know you can make the tank work but wouldn't you prefer something closer to a real light?

Askorti #3 Posted 16 August 2013 - 02:32 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 11776 battles
  • 1,137
  • Member since:
    06-24-2012
Well Taz, good for you. But then again, you're Tazilon, so I'm not surprised you can get it working. You have how much? over 30 000 battles on this single tank? What about people who have 6 times less battles overall? They may not be bad players, bu for some reason they do bad in VK28. Guess why. That's because playing scouts gets harder and harder. And again, I'm talking about normal players, not people, who can play this game blindfolded.

Tazilon #4 Posted 16 August 2013 - 03:12 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 966 battles
  • 1,746
  • Member since:
    03-31-2012

View PostAskorti, on 16 August 2013 - 02:32 PM, said:

Well Taz, good for you. But then again, you're Tazilon, so I'm not surprised you can get it working. You have how much? over 30 000 battles on this single tank? What about people who have 6 times less battles overall? They may not be bad players, bu for some reason they do bad in VK28. Guess why. That's because playing scouts gets harder and harder. And again, I'm talking about normal players, not people, who can play this game blindfolded.

Playing scouts has gotten much harder for me, too!  Wargaming has been at war with Scout and scouting for over a year now and they are kicking our ass.  It is time for the pendulum to start swinging back the other way.  But, the stat whores who just want to sit still and fire at things complain more often and much louder than we do so Scouts get nerfed, maps are made less scout friendly and arty gets nerfed.   Until everyone REALLY speaks up non-stop, we will soon have a game where two lines of mediums and heavies just sit still across a field and fire at each other - no tactics involved because stat whores cant handle using their brains.

Tazilon #5 Posted 16 August 2013 - 03:16 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 966 battles
  • 1,746
  • Member since:
    03-31-2012

View PostZarax999, on 16 August 2013 - 08:13 AM, said:

Hey Tazilon,
I know you're the miracle man when it comes to light tanks but don't you think WG could have given us something more original than a redesigned Panther as tier VII "light"?
I mean, I know you can make the tank work but wouldn't you prefer something closer to a real light?
Remember they told us the VK 28.01 was reduced to a Tier VI grind through Light to make way for the RU251?  Where the hell is it?  If they didn't plan to release it for a year, why change the 28.,01 now?  The Auf Panther is a Scout in name only.  It is a light Sniper with a little speed.  The Germans considered it and decided it was too dumb an idea to develop.   Wargaming looked at it and said  "Awesome - let's make it!"  If Wargaming had been in charge of the Red Army during WWII, they would have lost the war.  I am sure before we ever see the RU251, they will give us a Tier VIII Maus-based Scout - makes as much sense as a Panther-based "Scout".

Edited by Tazilon, 16 August 2013 - 03:18 PM.


Zarax999 #6 Posted 16 August 2013 - 03:21 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 10117 battles
  • 3,249
  • [TWC] TWC
  • Member since:
    04-08-2011
Oh, I tried to warn the community about afkPanther, I was derided back then...
Sadly WG is trying to use as little modeling as possible for their older lines, which means if they can make a tank out of recycled parts they will prefer it to better designs, see what's happening with VK30.01(H)...

If you were to make a rally for better light tanks I'd be glad to provide good alternative historical designs for tier VII.

SnowRelic #7 Posted 16 August 2013 - 11:36 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 23954 battles
  • 635
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    11-14-2012
Loved the replay. Always be ready to drive back down the slope and tease those reds with their lack of gun depression and hey.... what's that rock doing there?

I'm glad to see the VK2801 isn't spotted that easily even while firing, bodes well. Just aced my Leopard so it's time to move up (when there's a discount, have enough scouts and enough fun with the Leopard to be cheapskate about it.)

If serious tier 7 German light were to be introduced what would you look for statwise?

Tazilon #8 Posted 17 August 2013 - 01:03 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 966 battles
  • 1,746
  • Member since:
    03-31-2012

View PostSnowRelic, on 16 August 2013 - 11:36 PM, said:

Loved the replay. Always be ready to drive back down the slope and tease those reds with their lack of gun depression and hey.... what's that rock doing there?

I'm glad to see the VK2801 isn't spotted that easily even while firing, bodes well. Just aced my Leopard so it's time to move up (when there's a discount, have enough scouts and enough fun with the Leopard to be cheapskate about it.)

If serious tier 7 German light were to be introduced what would you look for statwise?

I doubt the Auf Panther is going away.  Just hoping the RU251 is a good scout whenever they decide to release it.  I've heard it won't be til 2014 though.

spuff #9 Posted 17 August 2013 - 10:54 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 12803 battles
  • 717
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    04-18-2011
Well apparently there's another 'rebalance' of the 2801 due in 8.8!!! Obviously decided there's a few players still doing ok on it!!!!! No mention of the awful panther being rebalanced though that needs a serious tweak if they think its a serious scout!!!!

Tazilon #10 Posted 18 August 2013 - 12:11 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 966 battles
  • 1,746
  • Member since:
    03-31-2012

View Postspuff, on 17 August 2013 - 10:54 AM, said:

Well apparently there's another 'rebalance' of the 2801 due in 8.8!!! Obviously decided there's a few players still doing ok on it!!!!! No mention of the awful panther being rebalanced though that needs a serious tweak if they think its a serious scout!!!!

I heard the engine is being redone but no idea if it will go faster or slower...

Zarax999 #11 Posted 19 August 2013 - 07:45 AM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 10117 battles
  • 3,249
  • [TWC] TWC
  • Member since:
    04-08-2011
Engine nerf and terrain resistance buff.

AFAIK it will be more agile on flat but slower going up a slope.

Consilium #12 Posted 19 August 2013 - 09:29 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 17823 battles
  • 737
  • [DKAII] DKAII
  • Member since:
    07-15-2011
One good game proves nothing. The tank is a poor shadow of its former self and to make it worse it has been hit hard by the heat nerf.

Tazilon #13 Posted 21 August 2013 - 02:22 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 966 battles
  • 1,746
  • Member since:
    03-31-2012

View PostZarax999, on 19 August 2013 - 07:45 AM, said:

Engine nerf and terrain resistance buff.

AFAIK it will be more agile on flat but slower going up a slope.

It already goes slow up hills - that would make no sense

Zarax999 #14 Posted 21 August 2013 - 02:24 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 10117 battles
  • 3,249
  • [TWC] TWC
  • Member since:
    04-08-2011
That is WG intention, not mine...

Tazilon #15 Posted 21 August 2013 - 02:28 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 966 battles
  • 1,746
  • Member since:
    03-31-2012

View PostConsilium, on 19 August 2013 - 09:29 AM, said:

One good game proves nothing. The tank is a poor shadow of its former self and to make it worse it has been hit hard by the heat nerf.

yes, it does.  It proves the tank is capable of puling off really god missions.

Zarax999 #16 Posted 21 August 2013 - 02:29 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 10117 battles
  • 3,249
  • [TWC] TWC
  • Member since:
    04-08-2011
I wonder if you would kill all 15 enemies if you ever got the good german light projects in your hands...

Tazilon #17 Posted 21 August 2013 - 06:01 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 966 battles
  • 1,746
  • Member since:
    03-31-2012

View PostZarax999, on 21 August 2013 - 02:29 PM, said:

I wonder if you would kill all 15 enemies if you ever got the good german light projects in your hands...

I never ever think about it.

Zarax999 #18 Posted 21 August 2013 - 06:09 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 10117 battles
  • 3,249
  • [TWC] TWC
  • Member since:
    04-08-2011
I think you remember those: http://zxhistory.blo...ties-paper.html

Tazilon #19 Posted 22 August 2013 - 01:40 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 966 battles
  • 1,746
  • Member since:
    03-31-2012

View PostZarax999, on 21 August 2013 - 06:09 PM, said:

I think you remember those: http://zxhistory.blo...ties-paper.html

Not sure what this has to do with the topic?

Lancasthor #20 Posted 22 August 2013 - 07:31 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Beta Tester
  • 19049 battles
  • 586
  • Member since:
    10-11-2010
GG Taz, but do remember that even with your experience and battle count volume, there must be three miserable failures for every such heroic victory. Claiming VK28 Cougar redeemed because of few good rounds does not really give any justice for those who are new to the sport. Easier path for casual scouts still lies in Chaffee, T71, WZ-132 and AMX-13 trees.

Luckily for us "less favored" vehicle users, every upcoming patch gives hope for a little deserved buff. There is no way WG would bash german scout line even more for "historical accuracy" while putting them constantly against some cold war / NATO -equipment.

But well.. better not make a noise, WG seems to have ran out of common sense lately.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users