Special: Safari

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
373 replies to this topic

cplkillav #361 Posted 18 August 2013 - 11:28 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 3295 battles

View PostUro, on 18 August 2013 - 02:19 PM, said:

In a almost completely irrelevant and derailing info broadcast: Animals are many celled organisms that differ from plants in having cells without cellulose walls, they lack chlorophyll and don't have the capacity for photosynthesis......
Sorry bub - but insects are animals - google it if in doubt and maybe ask to get your school money back if you thougth othervise.
Yay we are on the internets you score 1 million internet points.
That said, I think the conclusion from all this is that WG you should tone down the hype a notch unless there's something actully worth the hype waiting at the end of the tunnel, unlike this weekend or last weekend for that matter. That said I'm looking forward to wedensday and thursday when the next "big event" takes off - I mean it must be stock full of goodies when you consider the last two weekends and the advertisements that went out regarding the month of august..
Oh my God, whay to go with "Copy and Paste" YOU N E R D! Is your name CLINT?
Ps
You also need to "get your school monies back" if you thought that you were able to spell correctly  "BUB"

Edited by cplkillav, 18 August 2013 - 11:33 PM.

GuardianPhoenix #362 Posted 19 August 2013 - 03:14 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 10292 battles

View PostGreenwing, on 18 August 2013 - 11:15 PM, said:

You state that it is impossible for you to kill 30 tanks within a day. The only reason that can be true is if you fail to kill targets so checking your stats is the first thing to do. Usually people don't suddenly change there playing style so it's a good way to see how somebody plays (BTW, also your current stats only give you 0.7 kills per battle). Your 1 kill per 2 battles is very low and thus it will take you 50-60 battles to get 30 kills. 60 battles on average of 6 minutes is 6 hours so I guess your statement is true that it will take you the whole day. The way to change this is to kill more targets and that really is a L2P thing. Focus a bit more on killing and you will notice your gameplay will improve.
Teamwork is making sure the enemy tanks are killed before they kill your teammates. Tracking them can be a way to do it but only in certain situations. In a lot of situation killing/shooting the tank is better. You might focus on that and it will improve your gameplay. Killing is important in this game because every shot fired by the enemy can kill/damage one of your own tanks so kill them ASAP unless a more important target is available.
-
Not impossible, just a huge pain in the ass and takes all day; hence that statement. :P  My playstyle is also dependant on tanks.  AT 7 for example is played aggressively and I will zone out a tank and hit at him until he's either dead or almost (at which point, and usually is the point; he gets killed by a team mate) or if there's a cluster, I'll aim at whoever has their biggest weak spot slap bang in my face or is low HP; engine compartments or ammo racks; and the tracks if an ally is shooting and he's running >:3  The faster of tanks are played more in terms of running around enemies and distracting them while allies can shoot away at him/them; usually works till I get destroyed :P  tis a 50/50- I have good and bad days. :D  Except the Centurion... that thing... just sits in the corner and hopes nothing finds it~ same with the Caern annoyingly.  And as a final note on that; oft times a tank I'm killing is finished off by someone else; particularly as I'm pooping out low alpha shells 2.00 x faster than the typical heavy/medium at that tier.
-
I believe we have a misunderstanding with teamwork.  Everyone fodding around trying to kill anything that moves and giving little to no regard about the rest of the team nor the game is not teamwork to me.  
-
Yes- killing *IS* important, as it's one of the only two ways of winning; but being a functioning group of tactile vehicles as a team is equally important.  Such as fast tanks running circles or just keeping some other tank's gun aiming in the opposite direction of allies (something you can't measure) or having everyone zero in on one tank at a time instead of having a plethora of shells invade the atmosphere; the right heavy tanks being in the right position doing the right thing (pushing/supporting).  When noone in the game understands this; the game fails and is often over within 4 minutes and when it happens continuously as a result of an event bringing out people; it's frustrating.

Edited by GuardianPhoenix, 19 August 2013 - 03:16 AM.

Ku6epHeTuka #363 Posted 19 August 2013 - 05:53 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 14432 battles
Posted Image

Posted Image

In the first picture there are no exceptions.

Please comment on this WG.

Riccardone123 #364 Posted 19 August 2013 - 06:40 AM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 22489 battles
  • [ORKI2] ORKI2
5k? come on...

View PostKu6epHeTuka, on 19 August 2013 - 05:53 AM, said:

Posted Image

Posted Image

In the first picture there are no exceptions.

Please comment on this WG.

You have a good point.

XfireBG #365 Posted 19 August 2013 - 07:38 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 50465 battles
  • [VNOMS] VNOMS
Fail special! 5k reward omg. Should be at least 15k credits

Greenwing #366 Posted 19 August 2013 - 10:50 AM

Translator

• Player
  • 16385 battles
  • [GOT] GOT

View PostGuardianPhoenix, on 19 August 2013 - 03:14 AM, said:

-
Not impossible, just a huge pain in the ass and takes all day; hence that statement. :P  

I believe we have a misunderstanding with teamwork.  Everyone fodding around trying to kill anything that moves and giving little to no regard about the rest of the team nor the game is not teamwork to me.  
Actually I don't think we have a misunderstanding :) I'm just trying to point out that it would be good for you to start killing a bit more because it will improve your gameplay/stats and make it a lot easier to get the 30 kills (without breaking your teamplay)

tredbobek #367 Posted 19 August 2013 - 10:53 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 5835 battles

View Postzakktell, on 16 August 2013 - 04:10 PM, said:

Why is Ferdinand an animal?

Ferdinand A.K.A Elefant (Elephant)

Burglaralarm #368 Posted 19 August 2013 - 11:07 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 50281 battles
why no IS?

Iosif Stalin was also an animal... :playing:

misul_cle77 #369 Posted 19 August 2013 - 11:59 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 18934 battles
LOLLLLL SPECIAL again by WG !!!  Enjoy ... your other games!
To WG: maybe you can fix the huge glitches such as low FPS, insane bounces, players quiting the match at start, matchmaking epic failures...etc...
WOT used to be an awesome game before v7.0.

Take care & enjoy the holidays in the Maldives WG people....

22cm #370 Posted 19 August 2013 - 11:59 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 26193 battles
  • [YARLY] YARLY
So

View Postabarbaiani, on 19 August 2013 - 11:07 AM, said:

why no IS?

Iosif Stalin was also an animal...
So true! Good one!

GuardianPhoenix #371 Posted 19 August 2013 - 03:57 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 10292 battles

View PostGreenwing, on 19 August 2013 - 10:50 AM, said:

Actually I don't think we have a misunderstanding :) I'm just trying to point out that it would be good for you to start killing a bit more because it will improve your gameplay/stats and make it a lot easier to get the 30 kills (without breaking your teamplay)
Point made~ :P
Edit:
http://wotlabs.net/e...GuardianPhoenix
Past 7-60 days shows a K/D ratio higher than 0.75.  Just food for thought.

Edited by GuardianPhoenix, 20 August 2013 - 06:18 PM.

arcticbear #372 Posted 19 August 2013 - 06:59 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 8344 battles

View PostUro, on 18 August 2013 - 02:19 PM, said:

In a almost completely irrelevant and derailing info broadcast: Animals are many celled organisms that differ from plants in having cells without cellulose walls, they lack chlorophyll and don't have the capacity for photosynthesis......
Sorry bub - but insects are animals - google it if in doubt and maybe ask to get your school money back if you thougth othervise.

Yay we are on the internets you score 1 million internet points.

That said, I think the conclusion from all this is that WG you should tone down the hype a notch unless there's something actully worth the hype waiting at the end of the tunnel, unlike this weekend or last weekend for that matter. That said I'm looking forward to wedensday and thursday when the next "big event" takes off - I mean it must be stock full of goodies when you consider the last two weekends and the advertisements that went out regarding the month of august..

So, when was the last time YOU heard of anyone going on safari to hunt insects?

22cm #373 Posted 20 August 2013 - 07:16 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 26193 battles
  • [YARLY] YARLY
How about just 2x crew exp on weekend specials, and some discounts?
x3 for first victory, 300 k credits for 30 kills combined with idiotic MM (after 0.8.6, 0.8.7) and kids on summer vacation is ruining this game on weekends.

Edited by 22cm, 20 August 2013 - 07:16 AM.

Jagdestroyer #374 Posted 20 August 2013 - 08:56 AM

Private

• Player
  • 5114 battles
What about the big leopard? And the Ferdi used to be called Elephant. and the Lowe and Maus? :-/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users