Discussion of pre-release notes

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
193 replies to this topic

SnakeVenoM #21 Posted 10 February 2011 - 06:11 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 265 battles
Dollar equal to the euro? is not that stealing?

1USD = 1EUR? to plunder

ZCyli Europe will pay about 1.5 times more than thethe rest world

Eskimko #22 Posted 10 February 2011 - 06:13 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 3169 battles

View PostSnakeVenoM, on 10 February 2011 - 06:11 PM, said:

Dollar equal to the euro? is not that stealing?

1USD = 1EUR? to plunder
1USD=1EUR rate won't be in use, overall prices will be practically the same for both servers.

SnakeVenoM #23 Posted 10 February 2011 - 06:14 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 265 battles

View PostEskimko, on 10 February 2011 - 06:13 PM, said:

1USD=1EUR rate won't be in use, overall prices will be practically the same for both servers.
If so, will - it's OK

NukaCola #24 Posted 10 February 2011 - 06:24 PM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 8103 battles
  • [PMJ] PMJ
That's great. I'm looking forward to this stuff.

But I have questions regarding the pre-order stuff:
Is there some info about the us-pre order-tank?
Can I buy 2 sets for one account? So that I own two of the pre-order tanks?

View Postarkhell, on 10 February 2011 - 05:26 PM, said:

importend stuff though:
Some free gold
Premium tank <<<
T-shirt of WoT

There will be a T-Shirt? If thats true, it's awesome!

ps. can i haz a coffee mug in it pl0x? :P

Me too?

jzvc_oc #25 Posted 10 February 2011 - 06:48 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 4447 battles

View PostFum, on 10 February 2011 - 05:14 PM, said:

PLEASE remove that. Please, please!

We don't want gold scammers and other nasty things like "you tell us the location of your team tanks on TeamSpeak for important clan match and we will accept you to our clan and give you 1000 gold".

Bad idea. Please never allow player to player trade.

So: Tell me and I buy some gold for yours acc ... it's same. And, it's real! You can buy some spy, it's nice idea.

View PostDragecVZ, on 10 February 2011 - 05:22 PM, said:

... what excatly is ment under term "pre-orders"?
Thanks in advance...

You can buy some gold with some discount, and you get this gold after rls. Easy. If you want  play free (without gold), you can. Or you can buy after rls for full price.

View PostOrree, on 10 February 2011 - 05:28 PM, said:

Is there some info available somewhere about the A-32, Pzr V/IV and M6A2E1?  I'm not really familiar with these.

Wait for some time ;D. 100% with preorder launch.

seahawk #26 Posted 10 February 2011 - 07:13 PM

Lieutenant

• Veteran
  • 14331 battles
  • [EXLX] EXLX
Sounds good, but I must point out that the "Saukopf" Mantlet is alsonot working correctly on the Jagdpanther.

Hyena #27 Posted 10 February 2011 - 07:24 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 1390 battles
While I like the sounds of the new track hit-box system that's in the works, dosen't it just mean the T-54 (and any fast moving tank for that matter) will become all the more powerful? It just seems like another system that will favour the fast moving Russians over the Germans and US.

Fum #28 Posted 10 February 2011 - 07:43 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 9774 battles
  • [FAIL] FAIL

View Postjzvc_oc, on 10 February 2011 - 06:48 PM, said:

So: Tell me and I buy some gold for yours acc ... it's same. And, it's real!

Chinese-Russian-Alien hackers will steal your account and if gold (and other things) can be transferred this will allow them to write spam messages to people:
"Hello my friend. I am experienced player and have many gold/tanks. Unfortunately, my family is moving to Antarctica and we will have no more computer. I need money and I have 10,000 gold on my account I was planning to use later. If you send me only $25 I will give you all my gold because I no longer need it.

Signed,
Ahmed Dead Terrorist"

Can you understand my point of view now?
Additionally, the scammer does not need to actually buy gold. They can just as well pretend they have it. You send them $$$ and they laugh and disappear.

panzergulo #29 Posted 10 February 2011 - 07:51 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 18410 battles
General reaction to all this: Great work, devs! Really nice to see how many issues are worked on, possibly removing good amounts of grief felt by many players. And more information is always good. One thing made me curious, though:

6. Clan Wars

* Volunteers functionality (replacement for mercenaries).
    * Nomad clans.
Volunteers? That doesn't sound nearly as cool as "mercenaries". Is the original mercenary concept scrapped altogether? I wouldn't be surprised, though, there has been some speculation that the original "mercenary" concept would have been possible only for the most hardcore gamers, as you had to be paying and earning everything yourself, opposed to a clan that has to pay for registration only once. So what do these "volunteers" do? Fight against clans over unoccupied provinces, perhaps?

Also, what the heck is a nomad clan? Clan without any provinces? How does that work? I am being very curious about these.

Feel free to not answer, I believe these questions will be answered later, when the implementation of these new clan war futures is a more current affair. I am very curious, though...

Anyway: Great job, dev team, and thank you, Overlord, for keeping us informed. I might be more active with this game after release than I predicted, depending on how quickly you are churning new patches.

fabse #30 Posted 10 February 2011 - 07:55 PM

Warrant Officer

• Clan Diplomat
  • 49265 battles
  • [PTS] PTS
Wow... that is an awesome list ... :) .

I dont know why you completely redesign pagorki, in my opinion it just needed a small number of tweaks but hey, work is beeing done!
Like every second line of the list seems to be a major update and improvement to the game itself, and the list is really long.

But as happy as i am, i seriously have to say that i dont know if i should believe all this. I am sorry to say this, but for me it does sound a little surreal, that a team of devs that was not able to implement any significant changes to the gameplay (except the removal of lag) in the 6 months i have played this beta, now suddelny presents a to do list of this magnitude.
I mean seriously, why not do these changes one by one? What is the point of having a beta running when you dont even use this oppertunity to test the game you are producing.

How should i know that this is not just one big advertising hoax to convince some of the beta testers  that are unhappy with the game as it is to invest their money in your project?

Raptor #31 Posted 10 February 2011 - 08:44 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 5228 battles

View PostMike_Hammer, on 10 February 2011 - 04:39 PM, said:

Why are you redesigning Pagorki (Hills) map?
It's a fine map that allows opportunity for almost all styles of play.

It's not well balanced. Really. A lot of people know it.

CerVus #32 Posted 10 February 2011 - 08:51 PM

Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 25527 battles
  • [BIA] BIA
- I can't find any changes of low tier mediums with are unbalanced now e.g. vk3002DB -T20-T43, vk3601h-M6-KV3,...  (german guns are underpowered)

- PantherII and Pershing are underarmored now - they need some sort of armor buff too (frontal at least).

- All mediums tank needs more engine torque in the world of heavy tanks

- No changes for Jagdpanthers frontal armor with is made from glass now?

- 4. Revision of Tech Trees
Currently we are considering possible revision of existing tech trees. The work is still in progress and there is no ETA for changes to arrive.

This is great to see. At least we may hope that vk3001p will be swaped with vk3001h or the whole german tree into something more logic like this:

http://i1195.photobu...ermanytech1.jpg

Overlord #33 Posted 10 February 2011 - 10:21 PM

Commander

• Military Reserve
  • 3862 battles

View Postloituma, on 10 February 2011 - 05:58 PM, said:

Panzer V-IV:
pic

Pz V-IV i n wot tankopedia

Nice looking tank, but I can't find this info. What tier will it be? It seems a bit strong for T5 (830hp) and a bit weak (75L48) for T6.

Either 5 or 6.

Overlord #34 Posted 10 February 2011 - 10:26 PM

Commander

• Military Reserve
  • 3862 battles

View PostWhiteHyena, on 10 February 2011 - 07:24 PM, said:

While I like the sounds of the new track hit-box system that's in the works, dosen't it just mean the T-54 (and any fast moving tank for that matter) will become all the more powerful? It just seems like another system that will favour the fast moving Russians over the Germans and US.

Some specs adjustments might be needed, since overall it would be more difficult to detrack vehicles.

Overlord #35 Posted 10 February 2011 - 10:35 PM

Commander

• Military Reserve
  • 3862 battles

View Postpanzergulo, on 10 February 2011 - 07:51 PM, said:

General reaction to all this: Great work, devs! Really nice to see how many issues are worked on, possibly removing good amounts of grief felt by many players. And more information is always good. One thing made me curious, though:

Volunteers? That doesn't sound nearly as cool as "mercenaries". Is the original mercenary concept scrapped altogether? I wouldn't be surprised, though, there has been some speculation that the original "mercenary" concept would have been possible only for the most hardcore gamers, as you had to be paying and earning everything yourself, opposed to a clan that has to pay for registration only once. So what do these "volunteers" do? Fight against clans over unoccupied provinces, perhaps?

Also, what the heck is a nomad clan? Clan without any provinces? How does that work? I am being very curious about these.

Feel free to not answer, I believe these questions will be answered later, when the implementation of these new clan war futures is a more current affair. I am very curious, though...

Anyway: Great job, dev team, and thank you, Overlord, for keeping us informed. I might be more active with this game after release than I predicted, depending on how quickly you are churning new patches.

Volunteers are regular players who don't belong to any clan but are willing to participate in clan wars. Having marked the respective checkbox in-game they will be added to special waiting queue.

When a clan is not able to fill certain province with 15 tokens, clan leader of its deputy can use the help of volunteers to reman the team before the battle. Volunteers will join the pre-battle clan chat where clan leader is to finalize the roster choosing the exact players both from the clan and from volunteers.

Volunteers services will be paid with gold.

Overlord #36 Posted 10 February 2011 - 10:41 PM

Commander

• Military Reserve
  • 3862 battles

View Postfabse, on 10 February 2011 - 07:55 PM, said:

Wow... that is an awesome list ... :) .

I dont know why you completely redesign pagorki, in my opinion it just needed a small number of tweaks but hey, work is beeing done!
Like every second line of the list seems to be a major update and improvement to the game itself, and the list is really long.

But as happy as i am, i seriously have to say that i dont know if i should believe all this. I am sorry to say this, but for me it does sound a little surreal, that a team of devs that was not able to implement any significant changes to the gameplay (except the removal of lag) in the 6 months i have played this beta, now suddelny presents a to do list of this magnitude.
I mean seriously, why not do these changes one by one? What is the point of having a beta running when you dont even use this oppertunity to test the game you are producing.

How should i know that this is not just one big advertising hoax to convince some of the beta testers  that are unhappy with the game as it is to invest their money in your project?

These are plans for not so distant future. Doubt it might work as advertisement.  :) Anyways long-term goals are more magnetic.

FelipeII #37 Posted 10 February 2011 - 10:57 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 2802 battles
Pre-Orders will be avalaible using downloads? Or it will be a Cd or real box? If it will be a box or cd, it will be avalaible for all countries? (i come from spain).

Thx.

Overlord #38 Posted 10 February 2011 - 11:00 PM

Commander

• Military Reserve
  • 3862 battles

View PostFelipeII, on 10 February 2011 - 10:57 PM, said:

Pre-Orders will be avalaible using downloads? Or it will be a Cd or real box? If it will be a box or cd, it will be avalaible for all countries? (i come from spain).

Thx.

Yes, they will be using downloads. Separate box version or collector's edition will appear some time after the release. It will contain other bonus tanks.

NukaCola #39 Posted 10 February 2011 - 11:04 PM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 8103 battles
  • [PMJ] PMJ
Then I have to ask again, can I buy several pre-orders/box version/collectors editions and use it on one acc?

Naeron66 #40 Posted 10 February 2011 - 11:05 PM

Lieutenant

• Veteran
  • 8532 battles

View Postpanzergulo, on 10 February 2011 - 07:51 PM, said:

So what do these "volunteers" do? Fight against clans over unoccupied provinces, perhaps?

It was mentioned that players would be able to fight in the defences of unnoccupied provinces and in captured provinces if they revolt. So it might be this.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users