Discussion of pre-release notes

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
193 replies to this topic

FelipeII #41 Posted 10 February 2011 - 11:06 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 2802 battles

View PostOverlord, on 10 February 2011 - 11:00 PM, said:

Yes, they will be using downloads. Separate box version or collector's edition will appear some time after the release. It will contain other bonus tanks.

Ok thx!!!

Waiting for pre-orders!!!

MarcelH #42 Posted 10 February 2011 - 11:16 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 26449 battles
Hello Devs,

The E-50 is NOT a heavy tank, but a medium tank due to armor thickness.
I have literature that proofs it.(for a paper panzer it is)
Tier 9 is fine though.
It carries the KingTiger 88mm L/71 gun in the Panther schmalturm.
The E-75 Would be equipped with the KingTiger turret and or a 105mm L/68 or larger caliber.

Kozzie #43 Posted 10 February 2011 - 11:16 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 1503 battles
the domination mod seems interresting - but maybe try rising the # of points to 3?  (ye im getting that from my own suggestion xD)

EDIT:

Also try adding tier X of Td's or med tanks instead of artie that is currently doing fine -_-
I dont also understand why only Ht's are tier X - its promoting playing them too much atm

and realease - pity so long to wait xD
and does pre-order mean faster acces?

fabse #44 Posted 10 February 2011 - 11:24 PM

Warrant Officer

• Clan Diplomat
  • 49265 battles
  • [PTS] PTS

View PostOverlord, on 10 February 2011 - 10:41 PM, said:

These are plans for not so distant future. Doubt it might work as advertisement.  :) Anyways long-term goals are more magnetic.

Shure long-term goals are more magnetic. But i can only see very little things beeing done to keep the players that are playing this game since the beta started satisfied.
I for one realise a drastic decrease of the once super active players around me. The game has just very little to offer after you have reached a certain point.
Shure the upcoming tournament and the show matches might get some of those playing again, but to be honest only a very small part of the player base can participate in those. The rest will have to wait for another month and they could easily start to play another game and then be lost for wot forever (just like l4d2 lost me after i started playing wot).

As for the list beeing an "ad":
I thought you (Overlord) had your opinion based on statistics, that showed that the german tanks are not that much superiour than their russian counterparts (except the t54).
That is a opinion i share... yes i think that the german heavy tanks (T8 and T9) are actually stronger than the russian ones. The maus is a small fortress that in some situations, if played correctly can be a way bigger thread than any other T10 tank. Yet those tanks will be buffed. In my opinion wargaming is giving in to all the players that are "crying" for german buffs for roughly 4 months now. Why would they do this? Because comments like "german armor needs a buff, or you wont see my money" can be seen more often these days.

Overlord #45 Posted 10 February 2011 - 11:31 PM

Commander

• Military Reserve
  • 3862 battles

View PostWillBlake, on 10 February 2011 - 11:04 PM, said:

Then I have to ask again, can I buy several pre-orders/box version/collectors editions and use it on one acc?

Yes, you can. All bonuses can be accumulated on one account.

Overlord #46 Posted 10 February 2011 - 11:40 PM

Commander

• Military Reserve
  • 3862 battles

View Postfabse, on 10 February 2011 - 11:24 PM, said:

Shure long-term goals are more magnetic. But i can only see very little things beeing done to keep the players that are playing this game since the beta started satisfied.
I for one realise a drastic decrease of the once super active players around me. The game has just very little to offer after you have reached a certain point.
Shure the upcoming tournament and the show matches might get some of those playing again, but to be honest only a very small part of the player base can participate in those. The rest will have to wait for another month and they could easily start to play another game and then be lost for wot forever (just like l4d2 lost me after i started playing wot).

As for the list beeing an "ad":
I thought you (Overlord) had your opinion based on statistics, that showed that the german tanks are not that much superiour than their russian counterparts (except the t54).
That is a opinion i share... yes i think that the german heavy tanks (T8 and T9) are actually stronger than the russian ones. The maus is a small fortress that in some situations, if played correctly can be a way bigger thread than any other T10 tank. Yet those tanks will be buffed. In my opinion wargaming is giving in to all the players that are "crying" for german buffs for roughly 4 months now. Why would they do this? Because comments like "german armor needs a buff, or you wont see my money" can be seen more often these days.

You might want to look through this topic, if you haven't.

In general German tanks are fine, but some changes are required indeed. Those are more like adjustments and fixes, not buffs.

Vigorous community feedback urges us to reassess the data gathered.

Cantak #47 Posted 10 February 2011 - 11:46 PM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 41912 battles
  • [-EXC-] -EXC-
nice list, alot of good stuff going on.

but i have to ask, how come you're redesigning pagorki map?

there's several other maps that need some care instead of this one, it's a good map

CerVus #48 Posted 10 February 2011 - 11:55 PM

Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 25527 battles
  • [BIA] BIA

View PostMarcelH, on 10 February 2011 - 11:16 PM, said:

Hello Devs,

The E-50 is NOT a heavy tank, but a medium tank due to armor thickness.
I have literature that proofs it.(for a paper panzer it is)
Tier 9 is fine though.
It carries the KingTiger 88mm L/71 gun in the Panther schmalturm.
The E-75 Would be equipped with the KingTiger turret and or a 105mm L/68 or larger caliber.

Hi,
actually Allies count Panther 1 as heavy tank too because it's big and heavy. But you are right E50 was replacement of panther tank as main german medium. It was never intended to be heavy tank in german point of view.

btw Overlord i know that you don't want to read and respond to our supplications for ballancing mid german tanks, but in this state it's unfair. :( And please don't take it personal, you are our only conection with dev team. :Smile_honoring:

Orree #49 Posted 10 February 2011 - 11:59 PM

Warrant Officer

• Veteran
  • 14297 battles
  • [RAWR] RAWR

View PostRaptor, on 10 February 2011 - 08:44 PM, said:

It's not well balanced. Really. A lot of people know it.

I agree.  Pagorki and Komarin are my two least-favorite maps with Erlenberg and Karelia following close behind them.  All these maps need some serious reworking in my view.

squint_eyes #50 Posted 11 February 2011 - 02:00 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 25333 battles
  • [AA2DP] AA2DP
Question for op: Any chance for buying additional vehicle slots for normal game money, not only gold?

Krisz2 #51 Posted 11 February 2011 - 04:37 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Clan Commander
  • 7297 battles
"International clan wars beta will start in a few months after the release."

Considering realease is a month away does this mean we wont see clanwars for 3 months?

Kesselbrut #52 Posted 11 February 2011 - 09:29 AM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 10504 battles

View PostFum, on 10 February 2011 - 07:43 PM, said:

Chinese-Russian-Alien hackers will steal your account and if gold (and other things) can be transferred this will allow them to write spam messages to people:
"Hello my friend. I am experienced player and have many gold/tanks. Unfortunately, my family is moving to Antarctica and we will have no more computer. I need money and I have 10,000 gold on my account I was planning to use later. If you send me only $25 I will give you all my gold because I no longer need it.

Signed,
Ahmed Dead Terrorist"

Can you understand my point of view now?
Additionally, the scammer does not need to actually buy gold. They can just as well pretend they have it. You send them $$$ and they laugh and disappear.

That is called economical darwinism...
Never trust anyone on the interwebz as long as it is confirmed where to find him/her to hit him/her in the face...
Also there are no girls on the internet and rule 34 always applies...

TCM_thorus1 #53 Posted 11 February 2011 - 09:38 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 26274 battles
  • [TGM] TGM
Maps:
- 2 brand new maps.
- Completely redesigned Pagorki map.
- Reworked Komarin map.

Why there is no info about mysterious forest on Murovanka?
And why you change one of best map in my opinion?Because there is hard to camp and we want more camping maps?I would be happier if you add new map and keep all one.

International clan wars beta will start in a few months after the release.

So that mean you want to wait till players grind to T10 and than start clan wars, because that will earn you more many spend on running of top tanks?
I was expecting nice clan wars battles till start with T5 tanks. And if you think that EU players will wait 3 months for clan wars when RU already have them, you might be mistaken and more players could swap to other server.

LtCol_William_Lovelady #54 Posted 11 February 2011 - 09:40 AM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 8819 battles

View PostFum, on 10 February 2011 - 07:43 PM, said:

Chinese-Russian-Alien hackers will steal your account and if gold (and other things) can be transferred this will allow them to write spam messages to people:
"Hello my friend. I am experienced player and have many gold/tanks. Unfortunately, my family is moving to Antarctica and we will have no more computer. I need money and I have 10,000 gold on my account I was planning to use later. If you send me only $25 I will give you all my gold because I no longer need it.

Signed,
Ahmed Dead Terrorist"

Can you understand my point of view now?
Additionally, the scammer does not need to actually buy gold. They can just as well pretend they have it. You send them $$$ and they laugh and disappear.
Gold transfer will only be available between clan members so that shouldn't be such a big deal.

devxcil #55 Posted 11 February 2011 - 09:48 AM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 1311 battles
Hell yes! I can't wait for this update! It's great to see some of the issues are being seriously worked on :) much thanks Overlord.

Azmo #56 Posted 11 February 2011 - 10:09 AM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 9861 battles
  • [UVG] UVG

View PostOverlord, on 10 February 2011 - 10:35 PM, said:

Volunteers are regular players who don't belong to any clan but are willing to participate in clan wars. Having marked the respective checkbox in-game they will be added to special waiting queue.

When a clan is not able to fill certain province with 15 tokens, clan leader of its deputy can use the help of volunteers to reman the team before the battle. Volunteers will join the pre-battle clan chat where clan leader is to finalize the roster choosing the exact players both from the clan and from volunteers.

Volunteers services will be paid with gold.

meh..i liked the idea of ranked mercenaries better. with a license payed in silver, being a mercenary was an investment, not a check-box. so u had to work for the license, and then work for a good rep.
with volunteers, everybody will check that box and cw battles will be just another "random battle" but where u have to wait more ..and get some gold.

Mike_Hammer #57 Posted 11 February 2011 - 10:51 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 27771 battles

View PostRaptor, on 10 February 2011 - 08:44 PM, said:

It's not well balanced. Really. A lot of people know it.

All maps are imbalanced somewhat. E.g. Cliffs has one side with superior defense options, with hull down cover at the chokepoint on "groundlevel" and arty cover from the village up top. Komarin is far worse slanted still with both cover and spotting favoring one side, but they said they're working on that. Karelia has superior cover and sniping positions on both flanks for north team, while south only gets a "final stand" nook towards their side of the canyon, and it is not a viable position in higher tier fights. And lets not even start talking about Murovanka.

Pagorki is one of the best maps, pretty much the only non-city map that doesn't suffer from invisible tanks, or does it to a lesser degree at least. One of the few maps that allows for aggressive play without making defensive play a losing tactic.

I am very disappointed to hear of a complete rework of Pagorki, as I fear you guys will ruin one of the best maps.

PS.
If you make another Sand River or El Halluf out of it, I'm getting out the Voodoo dolls. And I have MANY needles.

CerVus #58 Posted 11 February 2011 - 11:02 AM

Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 25527 battles
  • [BIA] BIA

View Postloituma, on 10 February 2011 - 05:58 PM, said:

Panzer V-IV:
Posted Image

Pz V-IV i n wot tankopedia

Nice looking tank, but I can't find this info. What tier will it be? It seems a bit strong for T5 (830hp) and a bit weak (75L48) for T6.

This was command version with turret and gun from pz IV. That turret was unable to rotate (it was sutch a panther TD). I suppose that in the game will be ratateable.
I like how it look like, but that gun is funny. Panther is poor with 75/70 now and here we have worse gun. But as tier 5 it will be good tank.

Rampage #59 Posted 11 February 2011 - 11:02 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 15145 battles
So the german E series will be here on March's release, or later on?

Malignant #60 Posted 11 February 2011 - 11:19 AM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 245 battles

View Posts0ulstorm, on 11 February 2011 - 11:02 AM, said:

So the german E series will be here on March's release, or later on?

probably later on...
but it would be nice to see a "release tree" for every nation... in an art section we have "release" and "full" trees...
could you please replace the "release" version with the actual release version which we will see in march?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users