Private

• Player
  • 22113 battles
Posted Image
*** Blitz TankCompare (v 1.0) ***

Intro
----------------------------------
Dear World of Tanks community,
Ever since I played this game I found it hard to compare tanks' stats via the in-game tech tree, or even the website or world of tanks wiki.
All these ways allow only for one tank to be viewed at a time; or only show stock if you want to compare more of them. However, what is interesting is the tank when it is (almost) fully upgraded.
That's why I made a small program for this purpose. Hope you'll enjoy using it, I am!

Why 'Blitz'? Blitz is lightning in German, equals fast + sounds nicer than 'fast'! :biggrin: Well this is what this program does; it compares tanks in a blitz way.

1. Features
---------------------------------
Current:
  • View/ Compare in-game statistics of all vehicles in World of Tanks faster than any other way
  • View the average speed (experimental formula, will be improved) for vehicles (which is more interesting than the speed limit)
  • Immediatly see whether you need to upgrade a suspension to mount the second turret of a vehicle.
  • Change the vehicle mode (stock/ Elite) in one click, and compare whatever mode you need
  • Change modules separately to see the stats of a semi-upgraded tank
  • Filter the vehicles on nation, type, tier, or individually (up to 5)
  • Filter which specs you want to see for all the tanks
Future:
  • Amount of HP after second turret upgrade
  • Add consumables and equipment and see the immediatly calculated benefit (not in %)
  • Listing of aiming speed + loading time + accuracy for every vehicle
  • Encoding of all modules' weight (currently only turrets)
  • XP required per module
  • Additionnal non-statistic info per vehicle (pro's & cons; sloped or non-sloped armor etc.)
  • Exporting comparisons to separate files/ images
2. Some screenshots
Standard Program view
Spoiler                     
Compare Mode program view : a lol comparison of tier 1 tanks :)
Spoiler                     
Choosing some modules for the T1 Cunningham
Spoiler                     
Hmm, I wonder what all this info is when I mouse over modules?
Spoiler                     
Sadly, the orange color indicates you cannot mount the second turret of the Valentine without purchasing the suspension first...
Spoiler                     
3. How to use
  • Overviewing the vehicle list:
    For easier viewing, if you hold your mouse above the vehicle list and scroll, the list will scroll horizontally.
  • Bulk vehicle filtering:
    Mouseover the "Nation", "Type", or "Tier" rectangles, a list will show up. Check or uncheck the checkboxes according to what vehicles you want to display/ compare

• Individual vehicle filtering:
    Click on the input fields next to the "Compare individually" label, type the start of the name of a vehicle, and pick a vehicle's name from the list (you have to click on a name in the list, else it will not disappear; see section "Known Bugs" for more info). You can compare from 1 up to 5 vehicles individually.

• Switching the vehicle Mode (Stock <=> Elite):
    Click on one of the two radio buttons to switch vehicle mode.
    WARNING: To make the program faster, switching the mode only does so for the vehicles visible at the time of switching. So if you redisplay filtered vehicles after clicking this option; they will still be stock. (You have to go back to stock, then elite again)( see section "Known Bugs" for more info).
  • Switching the view Mode (View <=> Compare):
    Click on one of the two radio buttons to switch view mode. View mode is the standard (relaxing for the eyes) mode, while compare mode compares the vehicles visible at the time of switching.
    WARNING: If you redisplay filtered vehicles after having switched to compare mode, they will also bear colors, but these are invalid( see section "Known Bugs" for more info).
    Color codes :
    ██ = Best comparison values (top 20%)
    ██ = Good comparison values (lower than top, higher than average 20%)
    ██ = Average comparison values (average 20%)
    ██ = Bad comparison values (lower than average, higher than low 20%)
    ██ = Worst comparison values ( bottom 20%)
  • Hiding/ Displaying specs for all vehicles:
    Simply mouseover the "Show only Specs" rectangle, a list will show up with checkmarks. By default all vehicle specs are shown; hide the ones that do not interest you.
  • Switching Modules:
    The modules are the bottommost five rectangles for every vehicle. If you simply mouseover a module, the complete list of available modules will show up; you only have to click on another module to equip the vehicle with it (the stats will update on click). The module currently in use is the one with a lighter brown background. Mousing over the '?' next to the module names will bring up information about the stats shown when viewing modules.

Turret Module color codes:
    ██ = The turret is light enough to mount it without purchasing the second suspension (if any) first
    ██ = The turret requires researching another suspension first.
4. Known Bugs
  • The packaging program (TideSDK) has a known bug that it sometimes cuts off the last pixel-row of a number/ letter. For some reason it also changes the color of the number 1 partly. These glitches are unfortunately not in my reach to correct; however the developers of TideSDK announced a release this autumn that will (hopefully) fix these glitches.
  • The vehicle names dropdowns for the individual unit filtering will not disappear until you click on a name in the list. This will be fixed in the next release.
  • The cost comparison is invalid. This will be fixed in the next release.
  • Not really a "bug" , but when you change from view to compare mode on a filtered vehicle list, then re-display other vehicles: these will also have a comparison color: this is invalid; to make a new comparison, you either have to click "Show all", or go back to view mode, and re-compare.
  • The colors for shell types are not correct for guns with only 1 (sometimes 2) shell types in view mode. This will be fixed in one of the next releases.
As this is the first release of this program, there will certainly be bugs that I haven't noticed yet. Please report issues in this thread so I can fix them. Thanks!

5. DISCLAIMER

I only take credit for the program's logic and layout. All imagery and data are property of Wargaming.net. This program is merely an effort to make the World of Tanks experience even more enjoyable for the players.

6. DOWNLOAD

The program is available in two versions:

AaMelon #2 Posted 23 August 2013 - 06:23 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 21452 battles
A very useful and nice program, I have been looking forward for this!

+1

Oh and it seems like it's virus free as well!  VirusTotal

SaunaRommel #3 Posted 23 August 2013 - 07:04 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 26478 battles
Very nice. The only thing is that one should download something. Why is it not online. Now when 8.8 comes with new tanks one has to download the software again. And when new versions come, download. So to make your system popular it must be an online version.

That why I prefer online tank comparison that does the same thing without any installations and extra job.
Look the the almost similar system but online version: http://tank-compare.com/

Spartan_at_War #4 Posted 23 August 2013 - 08:36 AM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 48094 battles
well done Tyblitz,  :great:

I will download and try it, if I find any mistake or bug I will report it here

+1 for your effort

Tyblitz #5 Posted 23 August 2013 - 02:34 PM

Private

• Player
  • 22113 battles

View PostKolobanof, on 23 August 2013 - 07:04 AM, said:

Why is it not online.[...] Look the the almost similar system but online version: http://tank-compare.com/

You're absolutely right Kolobanof. The funny thing is the program IS coded in web languages, and it would eliminate the rendering glitch. Why not online (yet) ?
I still have to figure out a way to put it online. Right now I'm looking at Google's blogger (but I heard it's not very customizable), but I have no idea how much bandwith they allow for downloading. So the thing is, online costs money (and I'm a student). And also, I think (in my case) it's pretty convenient to have a desktop version as well. But a very good suggestion thanks!

Also thanks for pointing me at the other website; I didn't know of the existence of that website; I shall certainly look at the "competition" and implement some missing features.

Oh and it seems like it's virus free as well!  VirusTotal
You heard it! lol

belBOSS #6 Posted 23 August 2013 - 03:20 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 11016 battles
  • [_TOP] _TOP
Nice one, mate!

+1  :great:

Mwahahavovtich #7 Posted 23 August 2013 - 04:33 PM

Private

• Player
  • 16768 battles
  • [MADFR] MADFR
Wow, great job  :great:

Do you think you could add the DPM value (depending on the gun selected) ?

Tyblitz #8 Posted 23 August 2013 - 11:38 PM

Private

• Player
  • 22113 battles

View PostMwahahavovtich, on 23 August 2013 - 04:33 PM, said:

Wow, great job  :great:

Do you think you could add the DPM value (depending on the gun selected) ?

That's damage per minute right? Yes sure, it should be easy to implement. Accuracy, aim & load time will take some more time though..

glisa_dejan #9 Posted 24 August 2013 - 12:17 AM

Private

• Player
  • 9706 battles
  • [INC] INC
It would be nice if you could implement equipment, and changes when mount something on the tank :great:

Tyblitz #10 Posted 24 August 2013 - 01:22 AM

Private

• Player
  • 22113 battles

View Postglisa_dejan, on 24 August 2013 - 12:17 AM, said:

It would be nice if you could implement equipment, and changes when mount something on the tank :great:

As stated in the first post, equipment will be added in one of the future releases (probs the one after next).

"Changes when mounting on the tank"  IS implemented. When you click on a module, the related values for the tank will change accordingly.

MechPatriot #11 Posted 24 August 2013 - 01:41 AM

Private

• Clan Commander
  • 15297 battles
  • [-NL-] -NL-
Looks Great! And easy to use!  :harp:

Plusk #12 Posted 25 August 2013 - 12:15 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 23013 battles
A few typos and mistakes here and there. Overall its a handy piece of software, im going to use it for sure. +1

FeuerSturm91 #13 Posted 25 August 2013 - 08:16 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 14289 battles
Sometimes it's hanging a bit (program not responding anymore), but it's working, looking good and pretty useful.
Thanks and http://forum.worldof...s/wg/rep_up.png from me!

Yaneey #14 Posted 25 August 2013 - 08:09 PM

Private

• Player
  • 12217 battles
Cool program, but it does seem to hang for a while at start (I think due to the fact that ALL the tanks are loaded at start). It mostly works fine after filtering for some tanks. The "Show only specs" popup can be annoying when you try to click on the Filter button.
Not to derail the topic, but some people asked for it to be online, for DPM and for equipment effects. I've been working on a site for quite a while now and it has all of these features. It's tanknumbers.com. Some examples: etc.

Tyblitz #15 Posted 27 August 2013 - 05:55 PM

Private

• Player
  • 22113 battles

View PostYaneey, on 25 August 2013 - 08:09 PM, said:

Cool program, but it does seem to hang for a while at start (I think due to the fact that ALL the tanks are loaded at start). It mostly works fine after filtering for some tanks. The "Show only specs" popup can be annoying when you try to click on the Filter button.

Exactly; I thought it'd be better to load all the heavy work at the start.  Assuming you know quite a bit of webtech (since you've written a website yourself): there's a lot of DOM manipulation and image loading at that time. It goes without saying that if you switch the entire vehicle list from view to compare; or from stock to elite; the program needs to check every field for every vehicle, which causes a 5-10 second delay. Perhaps  should add a "loading" screen.

And thanks for the useful tip on layout.

View PostYaneey, on 25 August 2013 - 08:09 PM, said:

Not to derail the topic, but some people asked for it to be online, for DPM and for equipment effects. I've been working on a site for quite a while now and it has all of these features. It's tanknumbers.com. Some examples:

As said before, the reason it is not online, is a money issue. DPM is already updated for next version. Your site looks pretty damn useful in its own right; however I think the aim and approach of all these is different.(yours, tankcompare.com, and Blitz tankcompare). I was going to make a new post with a comparison and link it to this one soon; not to demonstrate that mine is "da best or somth.", but to show each application has its own utility.

misterslate #16 Posted 14 September 2013 - 01:07 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 10174 battles
When are we likely to see an updated version e.g v8.8 compatible ?

Tyblitz #17 Posted 21 September 2013 - 03:12 PM

Private

• Player
  • 22113 battles

View Postmisterslate, on 14 September 2013 - 01:07 PM, said:

When are we likely to see an updated version e.g v8.8 compatible ?
Well, that depends on how much and when I get time to implement the updated tanks... Right now I'm guessing somewhere around All-Saints (26th of october - 3rd of november).
The reasons for this delay:
  • update 8.8 modified lots of stats/ modules from the German tech tree; it takes time to re-check all of these
  • the first version has a couple of bugs I want to get rid of before re-releasing another version
  • I have less time than during the summer holiday
To satisfy curiosity just a bit, I can already publish the changelog for version 1.1:

CHANGELOG v1.1 (W.o.T 0.8.8) said:

*( orange = still has to be done)
*** UPDATE ***
  • Update vehicles to 0.8.8
*** BUGFIXES ***
  • Added PzKpfw. B2 740 (f) that was previously missing because of an unfixed error
  • Corrected T-15 & T1E6 status to premium
  • Fixed autocomplete bug (list not disappearing unless an option was picked from list). Now you can click anywhere to make the list disappear
  • Switched some gun modules that were incorrectly positioned as the vehicle's top gun (VK 2001D)
  • Fix cost comparison
*** STATISTICS: ***
  • Added DPM (Damage per Minute) statistics
  • Added camo value statistics (W.o.T 0.8.7)
  • Added hitpoint values for second turret upgrades
  • Adding Equipment & direct effects on vehicles
*** DISPLAY: ***
  • Shortened some of the vehicle names as to make them fit
  • Switched incoherent Penetration and Damage stat display (pen first, damage 2nd, like in-game)
  • Rework ugly "Filter" & "Show all" buttons
  • Make the Nation/ Type/ Tier menu lists more compact (taking up too much space right now)

Edited by Tyblitz, 21 September 2013 - 03:15 PM.

Zegrze #18 Posted 21 September 2013 - 05:00 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 23016 battles
Very useful tool thanks for this, +1s for you.

misterslate #19 Posted 21 September 2013 - 05:15 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 10174 battles
Can't wait for the next version.  :honoring:

Also tagged with compare, BlitzTankCompare, stats

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users