What Is It With The Kind Of People That Play This GAME?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
42 replies to this topic

graeme1701 #1 Posted 25 August 2013 - 11:28 AM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 7649 battles
  • [1701] 1701
Unbelievable........

I very rarely post on these forums but todays the day my piss boiled over.

Here I am with a good friend & clan mate playing a round of Tanks when I notice (while aiming/zoomed) I'm being pushed be someone. I kindly ask the person in the Lowe to stop and they start raging at me. I'm a Camper, NoooB, Gold Tank Moron etc etc all because I wouldn't move forward. I wasn't aware I should be playing to other people way of liking nor that I am under any obligation to follow other players orders.

I simply play this game to have alittle fun with friends and that's it. Nothing more and nothing less. I don't care about winning at all. For me its about the giggles we have in Ventrilo when we play together.

This reporting system if indeed works (I've done a lot wrong in my time playing, I've spent the round AFK cause sometimes real life comes first, I've team killed by mistake and on purpose and hell I've even pushed someone off a cliff or in the sea/lake for the simple fun of it cause they got too damn close and it was a funny thing to do) its a complete joke what people report others for. Just then I was in another round and because a persons name was BlackHellBoy or something alike the whole match were reporting this guy cause of the word BLACK. WTF!

My rant is nearly over.......

If you are one of these people who take a GAME so serious its going to make you cry when someone doesn't play your way, you need to take a huge hammer and hit your computer/screen/mouse really hard so that you never come back and once your done taking your drama out on your computer turn it on your head so that the Earth and all its souls don't have to suffer your complete and utter 'Over The Top Attitude'.

If a game of Tanks means that much to you join the Army. I hear they are always looking for keen people with a desire to win win win!

Attached File   nerds.jpg   17.07K

Gangerr #2 Posted 25 August 2013 - 11:38 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 19871 battles
Record all matches and if players start pushing you out of the way, send that record to support and they will take action against the person or persons.  But never do something back that is against the rules because you can get banned too.

graeme1701 #3 Posted 25 August 2013 - 08:35 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 7649 battles
  • [1701] 1701
Don't all you Wankers............ Oh I'm sorry, I meant 'Tankers' have something to say about your life or death computer game of Tanks?

Unch_04 #4 Posted 26 August 2013 - 11:09 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 59082 battles
  • [FE2O3] FE2O3
graeme1701 you are so right. I support everything you said and it's true. most of people are not here for fun but just to win/

Moujik #5 Posted 26 August 2013 - 11:34 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 9180 battles
My fun is to have a good team where everyone at least tries to play his role. I admit I have no fun to see teamates  who does not have a clue about what he's supposed to do to help his team.

So maybe you should consider that a lot of people enjoy TEAMWORK too

PzOffz_Vollmilch #6 Posted 26 August 2013 - 11:58 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 30281 battles
  • [GEREC] GEREC

View Postgraeme1701, on 25 August 2013 - 11:28 AM, said:

I don't care about winning at all.

It shows.

basin79 #7 Posted 26 August 2013 - 12:07 PM

General

• Player
  • 15351 battles

View PostMoujik, on 26 August 2013 - 11:34 AM, said:

My fun is to have a good team where everyone at least tries to play his role. I admit I have no fun to see teamates who does not have a clue about what he's supposed to do to help his team.So maybe you should consider that a lot of people enjoy TEAMWORK too
This to me sums up the game. I don't mind losing a match that was close due to good teamwork. However it's ridiculous when you get rolled over because the scout/light tank is camping base and your heavies are "protecting" arty. I can't understand what a player who has no idea of their role gets out of the game. Getting minimal credits and xp just doesn't seem fun to me. That isn't having ago at the OP. Just the general players whom can't be bothered to play like a team player in what is a team based game.

Edited by basin79, 26 August 2013 - 12:11 PM.

Typhoon__ #8 Posted 26 August 2013 - 12:18 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 32867 battles
  • [EINSA] EINSA
That you dont care about winning show your stats .... But seriously , this "Im bad@tanks therefore im   gud@life" attitude is complete bullshit .
Wait , this needs to be bigger :
B U L L S H I T
Many of the 60and 70% guys have a real life and dont play 24/7 ..... you dont need to be a complete nerd to be good at this game , the only
thing you need is some brain ....
Edit:Unch_04 you wont believe me , but most pro´s and me too play also for fun ..... might be because its a game . A G A M E . And its double
the fun if you can pwn .... and tell me , how can a came , were you always die and always get pwned be fun ?

Edited by Typhoon__, 26 August 2013 - 12:21 PM.

5_InchFl0ppy #9 Posted 26 August 2013 - 12:19 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 40706 battles
  • [-MM] -MM
So what about the other 14 players you screw over when you decide to press battle ? Do you realise how selfish your attitude is, or how stupid for that matter ? You are a liability to whichever team you are on and you act surprised when others get annoyed when you make them lose....
It just amazes me, you are basically saying a big FU to everyone stuck with you. It isn't about being pro or amazing at the game, but just joining a battle and somehow achieving lower than bot win rates means you are actively doing something that impacts your team in a negative way.
You even admit to killing your team mates by pushing them into the water because it is fun...Just the sheer ignorance of your actions and the fact that you think because some players like to win they are sad with no lives is just plain r*tarded. You are the epitome of what is wrong with the game and it is players like you that just screw it up for everyone else.
You want your "giggles", go play a single player game.

Edited by tacticalpr0lap5e, 26 August 2013 - 12:20 PM.

Arkhell #10 Posted 26 August 2013 - 12:42 PM

Lieutenant General

• Beta Tester
  • 16942 battles
so basically you fail at this game so everyone else is a nerd.... seems legit. you are the kind of player everyone hates because you are a hinderence to the entire team.

thanks to you and your kind it's not 15 vs 15 but 16 vs 14 or worse...

Guywithnoname #11 Posted 26 August 2013 - 12:44 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 13702 battles

View PostPzGrenOffz, on 26 August 2013 - 11:58 AM, said:

It shows.
How i have a question for player like that, how can you have fun by playing and being a freekill? I mean 7000 battle and 42% wr, if i get that wr i would stop playing after 1000 battle, even an afk player have better wr.
I don't ask you to stop playing it's always cool for other player to get some free target, i just want to know: Where is the fun for you?

Girica #12 Posted 26 August 2013 - 01:37 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 38506 battles
  • [AJD] AJD
I think your fun is to make other 14 players in your team feel miserable.
It's simple: team based game = just try to play as a part of a team!

Unch_04 #13 Posted 26 August 2013 - 02:24 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 59082 battles
  • [FE2O3] FE2O3
problem with WOT forum is that it mostly sums stat hungry - eagar to showself - WOTneard players,
and there is 70% more players out there that just play > it's not a sport. it's a quick team maybe play togeather in random to get to another vehicle GAME

so all you people expecting team serious obligation and 110% out of each one - you are lost. Random is not a game for you. you all obviously love WOT, but get a clan or in company and stop expecting unreal performance out of people with random circumstances/
... and be happy if you get 50% out of random crew.

basin79 #14 Posted 26 August 2013 - 02:35 PM

General

• Player
  • 15351 battles
I'm not stat hungry and I'm at best an average player. However I do want to improve my game. Who wouldn't?. Clans aren't an option for me as for one I'm not good enough and two don't want to be obligated to have to play at a certain time/day. I honestly cant see how the game can be enjoyable if you don't play to win and be a part of the team.

Arkhell #15 Posted 26 August 2013 - 04:01 PM

Lieutenant General

• Beta Tester
  • 16942 battles

View PostUnch_04, on 26 August 2013 - 02:24 PM, said:

problem with WOT forum is that it mostly sums stat hungry - eagar to showself - WOTneard players,
and there is 70% more players out there that just play > it's not a sport. it's a quick team maybe play togeather in random to get to another vehicle GAME

so all you people expecting team serious obligation and 110% out of each one - you are lost. Random is not a game for you. you all obviously love WOT, but get a clan or in company and stop expecting unreal performance out of people with random circumstances/

WoT is a PvP team game. If you want to mess around either play a solo game or make a training room or something don't bother the 14 other people in your team with your unwillingness to commit your full attention to the match you are playing.
sure there can br IRL issue's that will haev you afk a match. if your willfully clicking battle while you know you might have to AFK multiple matches in a row then you are infact a douche.
sure we all have good an bad day's, ones you are only having "bad" days it means you are doing something wrong which just can't be fun but sure as hell isn't fun for the rest of your team, try atleast to learn the game and if you can't then stay out of higher tier battles were every player atleast needs to be half bad to amount to something...

but back to my first statement, it's a PvP team game and we all expect the best out of our team, this is the reason i don't use XVM because i will grant everyone the benifit of doubt and won't be judgemental bcause i cannot actually see how the preformed before this battle. If it's one of the herpa derp i play for fun crowd (that just can't be having fun failling on a global level) i always feel let down. it's not hard to learn the basics of the game and improve while time progresses, OP for one is one of those that does not improve and ruines the game for everyone in his team.

Moujik #16 Posted 26 August 2013 - 04:15 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 9180 battles

View PostUnch_04, on 26 August 2013 - 02:24 PM, said:

Problem is: WOT is a teambased Game. It's how it is designed, it is how it is meant to play.

That's true most people in random will not act as exemplary teamates, that's annoying but that the way it is.

But please, at least, don't come here to say that player who expect coordination and communication from his team is just another NolifeNerdwathever,
don't come here to say that it is OK to push teamates from the cliff because it's fun.

If you want this kind of fun there're certainly lots of games more suitable for you.

Unch_04 #17 Posted 26 August 2013 - 04:59 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 59082 battles
  • [FE2O3] FE2O3
ok, I'm not defending guy that's pushing allays and shooting them because "it's fun" - it is not.

=but I do mean that it's wrong to expect for 14 random players to play it at thair best. many of them have not yet mastered the game, some are playing for 10 houers streight and lost thair mind, some are drunk, others are high, and some had to go to bathroom, some spill their drink over keyboard, some have their wife/ mother talking real important stuff at that precise moment, some are on the phone, some have 7fps, soem are 9 y/o, some are just trying new stuff so thay can get better/

--- it is nothing to blame them about and stop suggesting other games > we all want WOT (maybe just not "your" way)

basin79 #18 Posted 26 August 2013 - 05:55 PM

General

• Player
  • 15351 battles

View PostUnch_04, on 26 August 2013 - 04:59 PM, said:

ok, I'm not defending guy that's pushing allays and shooting them because "it's fun" - it is not.=but I do mean that it's wrong to expect for 14 random players to play it at thair best. many of them have not yet mastered the game, some are playing for 10 houers streight and lost thair mind, some are drunk, others are high, and some had to go to bathroom, some spill their drink over keyboard, some have their wife/ mother talking real important stuff at that precise moment, some are on the phone, some have 7fps, soem are 9 y/o, some are just trying new stuff so thay can get better/--- it is nothing to blame them about and stop suggesting other games > we all want WOT (maybe just not "your" way)

That is a valid point. And thinking about it I'd get mad if all the good players told me that I'm basically not good enough to play. The thing is though I do play to tge best of my ability.  It's not for the want of trying that I sometimes make bad decisions. I think this thread just highlights how the game is played and viewed by others and that WG really have to make the MM incorporate different skill(?) levels away from each other. That way all the people who just want to have a drive around and play the game as a single player can do and not get abused and all the people who want to play a team based match can do without going daft.

Moujik #19 Posted 26 August 2013 - 05:56 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 9180 battles

=but I do mean that it's wrong to expect for 14 random players to play it at thair best. many of them have not yet mastered the game, some are playing for 10 houers streight and lost thair mind, some are drunk, others are high, and some had to go to bathroom, some spill their drink over keyboard, some have their wife/ mother talking real important stuff at that precise moment, some are on the phone, some have 7fps, soem are 9 y/o, some are just trying new stuff so thay can get better/

Agreed

--- it is nothing to blame them about and stop suggesting other games > we all want WOT (maybe just not "your" way)

I was not blaming the standard WOT random player who don't give a shit about teamplay here. I blame the standard WOT random player who don't give a shit about teamplay (in a teamplay based game) who post in forum that his teamates are mad at him but that must be because they're just a bunch of nerds.

Arkhell #20 Posted 26 August 2013 - 09:54 PM

Lieutenant General

• Beta Tester
  • 16942 battles

like i said, i expect everyone to be at least half bad so my expectations aren't that high, i do get miffed if they are actually resemble small children in a combination of a magnifying glass with a bunch of ant's and a nice bright sun. (my way is better  :trollface: )

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users