The grind to the crusader and eventually Cromwell

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

iKillReaPz #1 Posted 29 August 2013 - 11:42 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 6226 battles
  • [11RHS] 11RHS
Just want some advice Wether I should continue up the Brit line IV preoviously had the crusader it was okay until them one shotting hunks come to the party....but can it get any better than the convenanter been getting 5-6 kills average love it better than my I derp you fast medium mrk I in tier 1 love that baby...anyway just want to know what playstyles I should have with both the Cromwell and crusader plz comment thanks

H311fi5h #2 Posted 29 August 2013 - 11:56 AM

Second Lieutenant

• WGL PRO Player
  • 42851 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
If you were so kind to write a coherent text that doesn't hurt my brain when i try to decipher it, i would really like to help you.

StClement #3 Posted 29 August 2013 - 10:44 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 15959 battles
If you like the little cruisers you'll love the Cromwell. The gun's ok- similar (a wee bit better imho) to what the Americans on the same tier have to put up with. Armour is glass, but again, no different to many other mediums. But omfg, can it move! It's not just fast, it climbs like a mountain goat and turns on a ha'penny. The camo's pretty decent, too. It's a very nice package.

The Crusader is something else entirely. The lack of speed, non-existent armour and an unremarkable gun can be a bit of a let down. Don't give up on her, though. The camo is good, gun depression to the sides is very handy (shite to the front!) and it can climb better than most mediums. Try to use the map to your advantage. Use cover- the Crusader is so low almost anything you see can be used- and don't get into a stand up fight. Shoot, then slink off to the side and shoot again.

Hth!  :blinky:

CaptainJulesRules #4 Posted 30 August 2013 - 10:27 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 8947 battles
Coming from the Cruisers/Covenanter (had a lot of fun with them), I found the Crusader to be a tough nut. One that I failed to crack btw, but I had some nice games in it anyway. The Cromwell, however, is great fun and much more alike the Cruisers, IMO. It's blazing fast, pretty agile, has a very decent top gun, great gun depression, weak armour. But with 750 hp, you don't get one-shot-killed, so there is a (very) small margin for mistakes. There is a very nice dedicated guide to the Cromwell somewhere else on the forum. Read it!

In short: I liked the Cruisers. Me & the Crusader did not match well. I love the Cromwell. It's my first keeper.

Have fun!

azakow #5 Posted 31 August 2013 - 12:44 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 83049 battles
Wow 5-6 kills in average!
Do you know what average means?
I'm asking, because your curent stats tell a very different story.

Using the scroll wheel on your mouse, appling some reading skills would help you to extract some possible playstyles for you from the forum.

I suggest to follow StClement comments on Crusaders playstyles , you seem to like so much from what I've been reading so far.

:smile:

iKillReaPz #6 Posted 02 September 2013 - 09:11 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 6226 battles
  • [11RHS] 11RHS
What do my stats say?I've got a newb account :D

Kruger1979 #7 Posted 16 September 2013 - 07:46 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 13174 battles
The Cromwell is my favourite tank in the entire game, that thing is simply amazing.
Circle death to the max, 1 v 1 in an open area, I don't think there is a better tank of any tier.

Edited by Kruger1979, 16 September 2013 - 07:47 AM.

iKillReaPz #8 Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:58 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 6226 battles
  • [11RHS] 11RHS
5-6 was when I was in same tier battles for the said week I posted this topic, also let's play a game see who's better ;) don't look at my stats neither a majority of my battles are with me bottom tier my win rate was just over 63 percent two weeks ago and it seems like I'm being screwed by the mm, if you were good enough*cough* I'm sure you'd notice this is not my first account neither,I play light tanks Brits especially with the convenater and if you want I can show you show you what my battles look like the good ones ofcourse :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users