humour chat gameplay

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

Charlie_the_Unicorn #1 Posted 29 August 2013 - 10:42 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 5961 battles
Hi all,

Over all the matches I've played so far I slowly started to get the real meaning of what is often typed on the text chat.
In the heat of battle it's often difficult to fully state what is meant, meaning that tactics often go all over the place if they can't be described in a single short sentence. Yes, I deliberately made that sentence long. ;-)

So I thought I'd set up some glossary, which may not necessarily contain serious definitions, but will maybe be recognised by fellow tankers. So as sarcastic or ironic as it may seem there may be some truth in it after all. Feel free to contribute with your own ideas, I'll start.

------------------

- Noob; Every other tanker except you. Appears very often in losing teams.

- Camper; Tankers too scared, lazy or dumb to get into action. They often command demand other tanks to "Go scout". Campers often hope for the enemy to just vanish from the battlefield only to get killed last.

- "Go scout"; Often translates into: "stick out your neck for us and get shot to pieces, while we sit back in our fancy high tier heavies and take pot-shots at the enemies that briefly light up". Not complying increases the risk of being called a Noob/ Idiot/ Moron/ insert other derogative remark.

- Lemming train; a.k.a. Safety in numbers. Nothing is more frustrating than calling for help (F7) while you're on your own and surrounded by lots of enemies. The answer; Lemming train! At least you get shot to pieces together which makes you feel less lonely when you die, and the stupidity level of the tactic is averaged among the amount of lemmings. You hope.

- Gold ammo noob; An inexperienced tanker who is apparently clever enough to load his gun with high-penetration ammo. People who know little about gun specs, weak spots and aiming often encounter them.

- Idiot/Moron; Almost always only appears in once own team, which is why in WoT, you often hate your own team more than the enemy. Idiots/Morons are the bane of a team, but of course You, as a good well-trained tanker, would *never* make stupid mistakes like they do. Ever.

- Teamkiller; "You accidently hit me? Not just once, not twice, but three times? Yeah right.. It's late and you're probably bored and you're now trolling others. Go to bed".

- "Please protect arty"; Often a futile cry for help from artillery players, as no one is paying attention anyway but to themselves. What were you thinking; you're sitting way back from the front line, casually shooting high damage shells while the rest of the team is slugging it out, and you expect sympathy? Vengeance comes as a swift enemy scout that rapes you with an autocannon; that's how much we like arty. So suck it up, howitzer boy, and stop stealing our kills.

- Spammer; Some people alert their team once or twice. Maybe even three times. But if the whole left screen is bright green with repetative alerts, the rest of the team is probably looking for the ignore button right now.

- Netiquette; Maybe I'm getting old fashioned, but since when would people comply to rudeness and name calling? How often do see something like: "OMFG come follow me u stupid morons" in the chat window? Does anyone going into a bar while ordering a drink like: "Hey idiot, u got beer for me ffs." ever expect to get served? No? I thought so.

---------------------

My contribution for now, off to shoot some tanks now. L8r!

TriskacTankista #2 Posted 30 August 2013 - 07:13 AM

Private

• Player
  • 7708 battles

Noob; Every other tanker except you. Appears very often in losing teams.

This, my favorite. Funny how the "good" players are always getting killed by "noobs".
You can even choose from the variety of noobs:
- Gold ammo noob (How come my immortal super pershing got penetrated?? Must be a gold ammo noob! //irony of driving a premium vehicle and putting together words "gold" and "noob" asides...)
- Lucky noob (Lucky basically means "you killed me in our one-on-one encounter, so it must have been luck cause I am otherwise frogging awesome")
- Camping noob (Translates to "I didn't expect their top tier heavy tank to be still sitting in the base in the last 2 minutes of a game")
- No life noob (When everything else fails... call them no-lifers, brag about having a girlfriend, brag about that you went out of your cave or something along those lines)
I am sure there are many other noobs just waiting to kill all those good players...

How come you never see:
"You idiot moron better player!! You dumb sausage who can drive tank better than me!! You only killed me cause I suck at World of Tanks!!"

:)

soolerman #3 Posted 30 August 2013 - 10:58 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24366 battles
“Ill go scout”          this usually precedes the person that said it rushing off to the red cap and getting killed in 20 seconds flat.

“Follow me”           something light tank driver say to TOG drivers of a laugh.

“Stop cap kill all”   a hart felt plea to the selfish none team players on you side not to f*^k up your chances of getting one more kill.

DingIsHere #4 Posted 30 August 2013 - 11:07 PM

Colonel

• Clan Commander
  • 15970 battles
  • [4Q2] 4Q2

View PostCharlie_the_Unicorn, on 29 August 2013 - 10:42 PM, said:

- "Please protect us pussy arty"; Often a futile cry for help from pussy artillery players pussies, as no one is paying attention anyway but to themselves. What were you thinking; you're sitting way back from the front line, (REMFs) casually shooting high damage shells while the rest of the team is slugging it out, and you expect sympathy? Vengeance comes as a swift enemy scout hero that rapes you with an autocannon; that's how much we like pussy arty. So suck it up, pussy howitzer boy Beleiber, and stop stealing our kills. you pussy..

You got a plus for that alone...

(PS...I corrected some grammer and english for you...)

:trollface:  :trollface:  :trollface:  :trollface:  :trollface:  :trollface:  :trollface:

GiraffeInATopHat #5 Posted 31 August 2013 - 10:58 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 4565 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
"someone go scout" = some slow heavy tank lumbering out of cover into the middle of nowhere getting obliterated while a fast light tank does some hedgework in a corner ordering everyone else about.

Seen that many times unfortunately :sad:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users