t-28

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
118 replies to this topic

Raapys #101 Posted 07 August 2011 - 02:42 PM

Private

• Player
  • 1042 battles
I'm loving this thing. It's not very fast and it's got literally no armor. However, it's got good acceleration and maneuverability and the Zis-4 cannon is just ridiculous. It penetrates better than the 75 on my one tier higher PzIV and shoots twice as fast. Not getting rid of this.

dawdler #102 Posted 07 August 2011 - 10:27 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6164 battles

View PostRaapys, on 07 August 2011 - 02:42 PM, said:

I'm loving this thing. It's not very fast and it's got literally no armor. However, it's got good acceleration and maneuverability and the Zis-4 cannon is just ridiculous. It penetrates better than the 75 on my one tier higher PzIV and shoots twice as fast. Not getting rid of this.
Get rid of it and get the T-34 with the same gun instead.

Stimpeltje #103 Posted 08 August 2011 - 08:39 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 28599 battles

View PostGuderina, on 07 August 2011 - 05:42 AM, said:

My two cents about T28...

First of all, T28 is an excelent moneymaker, so if you dont have premium, it's quite interesting to keep it for earn some money. The easy way to grind T28 is using 57 mm ZiS-8 cannon and play a sniper-style/support but keep in mind to change to 85mm as soon as you can.

I've tested german and russian Tier 4 tanks and, for me, was quite easy and fun to grind to KV using 85mm than Vk3601 using Pz IV 75 42 L/70. Besides, 85mm can be used against Tier 6-7 in sniper/TD mode, german 75mm L/70 not.

Wrong, 75mm L/70 is the best sniper gun for the pzIV

gunsrlove #104 Posted 10 August 2011 - 10:33 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 7474 battles
At first when i got the T-28 i was really skeptical about the 85mm....I had just got the ZiS-4 and I loved it because it was essentially a machine gun. I was wondering wether I should just grind with it to the KV or research the 85mm. I got the exp for it and I figured i might as well get it to do at least a little damage to those heavies and high tier meds, and i loved it. That gun is the best thing about this tank  :) . But I eventually got rid of the T-28 because i got tired of being a huge and really soft target for everyone  :D  
Also the T-28 is my favorite tank to kill...it's just so squishy and large. A gentle giant I guess...

Battarias #105 Posted 17 August 2011 - 03:27 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 19613 battles
Play it as unarmored 'soft-skin' TD. More or less like a Marder II if you've played German TD's or Su-76 with a bigger gun. Wait at the back and snipe. The 85mm can sure do some damage and the 57mm has pin-point accuracy with good rate of fire.

gabber803 #106 Posted 19 August 2011 - 08:28 AM

Private

• Player
  • 9167 battles
so far my tier IV's are also painfull grinds because of the high tiers match making, but the tanks themselfs are very cool to operate

Chester_Chuckles #107 Posted 21 August 2011 - 01:39 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 11511 battles
The T-28 is a worthless piece of scrap.
It seems to ensure you are in a battle, at the bottom of the list
where every other tank outguns and out-armours you.
My battle tactics options seem to be:
1. hide
2. rush the enemy, spotting as many tanks as possible before getting killed, then go make a cup of coffee. - you seem to make just as many points doing this as actually fighting other tanks, since doing that invariably ends up with you dead anyway.

I think it was deliberately put in the tech-tree to make it annoying as possible to get a KV.

I got so fed up with it, that at one point i went back to my T46 (a LIGHT tank)
and had the pleasure of running into an opposing T28 in the next battle,
I easily destroyed the supposedly MEDIUM tank.

I repeat: The T-28 is a worthless piece of scrap.
and it's been a thankless, miserable grind from the first second I got into it.

at least with the 85mm gun there's actually a chance of damaging something, before they kill you.

Nick Smith

MushLvP #108 Posted 22 August 2011 - 10:29 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 4311 battles
I kinda like this tank? I have the free xp to skip it and go for KV, but imho I will grind it with the 76mm instead of the 85, to get the KV a little quicker.

para4502 #109 Posted 22 August 2011 - 11:06 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 57491 battles
  • [BRT_6] BRT_6
Have gone back to this tank as something to play while waiting for the higher tier tanks i have to clear from battle. On the second time around i am sooooo much better with this - so much so that i am playing it more than the high tier tanks i have.

persist - also the 57 and the 85 are great great guns.....

WillWeedzor #110 Posted 23 August 2011 - 11:24 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 2473 battles

View Postpara4502, on 22 August 2011 - 11:06 PM, said:

Have gone back to this tank as something to play while waiting for the higher tier tanks i have to clear from battle. On the second time around i am sooooo much better with this - so much so that i am playing it more than the high tier tanks i have.

persist - also the 57 and the 85 are great great guns.....

57 is imho OP as hell:) and basicly the whole T-28 is OP as hell for T4.Name one T4 tank that can overwhelm T7 heavis with such rain of penetrating hits...

The T-28 is a worthless piece of scrap.
It seems to ensure you are in a battle, at the bottom of the list
where every other tank outguns and out-armours you.

In fact only T29,Tiger and IS can outgun zis 57mm in matter of DPS:) And only slightly if i have to say.
T4 medium tank that can keep the pace with T7 heavis in DPS...well it have to be worthless piece of crap:D

Consilium #111 Posted 24 August 2011 - 07:46 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 17823 battles
  • [DKAII] DKAII
The reason ppl dislike this tank is it requires some skill to do well. It actually implies to all tier IV tanks, except PZIII ( even a monkey can do well in it because of the armor ). The scout tanks u can grind through without any skill by just suicide scouting, but nobrainers and noobs will have a very hard time in M3 Lee, and even worse in T28.

Up to tier III u can just go through playing like a lemming and since most tanks r roughly similar u dont need to know the strenghts and weakneses of other tanks, and because of sheer numbers of low tier players u rarely have to fight someting higher tier than urself. It changes when u advance to tier IV tanks. Usually u have to fight at least tier V tanks, sometimes even tier VII and that is when T-28 excels. While in PZIII in higher tier battles u can only be a scout/spotter, in M3 and in T-28 u can actually do some damage. Though the M3's gun is not enough with its high rof 92pen /110 dmg to reliably dmg above tier V, the 85mm in T-28 with its 120pen/160 dmg is bad ass gun. ( even most tier V tanks have worse guns ) Sure, its got 3 sec aiminng time, but if u have some skill and good crew/equipment u can easily overcome that drawback.

Sure its big and has no armor, but its actually quite fast and nimble. If played right it can be really good money earner since u can easily damage and kill higher tier tanks.

Some ppl may dislike it because they may not like the playing style of glass cannon, but dont say its a bad tank. For those how whine its weak when stock, or for those who dont buy the 85mm gun or the better 57mm... its exacly like with KV, crap until u get a better gun.

DragonMat #112 Posted 28 August 2011 - 12:35 PM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 4172 battles
I like this tank. The armour might be a single large weakspot but other than that, it's incredible.
Good top speed
Incredible acceleration
Nice 57mm gun (seriously, the 85mm sucks)

Almost a mini-hellcat IMHO

l1mad #113 Posted 28 August 2011 - 09:54 PM

Private

• Player
  • 1385 battles
Just got this tank, and I do agree that it is a bit of a sitting duck.

Not got the 85mm gun was aiming to get the 57mm..but mixed reviews previously.

Whats the most accurate? i'd much rather hit more shots than inflict more damage...especially if I get one shot or two shotted =/

However, my playing style needs to change I think. I got used to rushing and surviving with the t-46/bt-2 etc but that is beyond not possible with this.

Still not like its a utterly useless tank.

Sokteth #114 Posted 29 August 2011 - 12:47 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 13298 battles
Unfortunatly, in the game, they use an "outdated" version of T-28 see at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T-28

In fact, at the beguinning of Secong World War, it has an armor almost equal of the Pz IV and weight much more (28 tons instead of 20 in the game). Other change, his top speed (45 km/h) in the game is much better than reality (37 km/h).

It's a shame, but this version of T-28 is still powerful, useful in most of case :

- battle of your own tier : you rule them if you are careful, you have the better Dmg per second of the map

- Battle of more powerful tier : you could do the sniper or scout (but it's very dangerous, because T-28 is a much more larger tank than usual scout)

But he has a major flaw ... His armor, every gun, even Tiers 1, could penetrate it, so it's very disapointing if you want to use T-28 as battle tank ... He is clearly not one, but in support, he could be deadly...

chl0rine #115 Posted 31 December 2011 - 01:33 PM

Private

• Player
  • 2214 battles
It sounds to me that most people complaining about the t-28 don't have the 85mm  :mellow: I hated this tank too, believe me. But in time I learned to love it, and now it is a definite favourite. Stick with it, learn how to use it right and it is about as much fun as I've had on WoT. It's the strangest tank I've played so far, and teaches you a lot of how to play the game/tactics to use. If there is one piece of advice I'd give it would be to stick to hard cover as much as possible, allow enemies to get distracted by bigger threats and then hit them from the side/rear.

Captain_Govorov #116 Posted 02 January 2012 - 09:41 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6767 battles
Even with the largest gun the 85mm it's still a horrible tank due to it's thin armor for a medium tank and it's also larger than most other tanks even the heavy KV and IS tanks giving the enemy an easy time to turn you into a smoking wreck.
God I hate this tank so bad and I have only done ten battles with it so far with zero kills and I'm not that horrible of a player imo.

Wolfesblut #117 Posted 04 January 2012 - 01:56 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 17283 battles
  • [READ] READ
Just got TopGun a few days before in my recently rebought T-28/F30 :) I added GLD/Vent/Rammer, but the aiming time is still exceptionally slow.

GordonOverkill #118 Posted 07 January 2012 - 07:09 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 6813 battles
Acutally this tank has my best winning-stats. I played 77 matches with it on my way to the KV, of which I won 55 and lost only 18, while having 4 draws. For a certain percentage this will surely have been luck and skilled platoon partners, but all in all I felt very comfortable in this tank. Most important thing is to NEVER go alone. You definitely need somebody with a strong body to hide behind... platoon partners for example! As long as you stay protected, you can deal lots of damage! Another helpful fact is the good mobility that lets you reach good sniper positions in short time.
All in all I can say that I really enjoyed my time with T-28! The main reason why I sold it is that I don't want to ruin these glorious stats x-)

sp0q #119 Posted 07 January 2012 - 06:13 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 4796 battles
With 57mm you can do good.

edit. with 57mm you can be awesome and do whatever you want. Now I'm sorry I don't have a free slot to leave it :(

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users