M24 Chaffee Advice wanted from ACE Tankers

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
51 replies to this topic

BodanMike #41 Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:28 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 4740 battles

View Postazakow, on 16 September 2013 - 07:14 PM, said:

Run as water would flow to maximize cover provided by landscape. I know this is hard and not always possible.

Wow thats a cool description  :)

But yes i always try to use the landscape to provide cover and gain / keep my speed.
Did a little better last night.

IndianaJonnie #42 Posted 18 September 2013 - 07:24 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 8136 battles
To put azakow's 2nd comment another way, often reversing into your spotting location or rotating on the spot to face the direction you came from will give you that extra (vital) second or two to get clear. Being set to immediately retreat downhill and out of line of sight (or at least beyond enemy gun depression) is also an advantage but is not always possible depending on your location. The Chaffee is not as fast/agile as other scouts so minimise exposure during routes/maneuvers where you're relying on these aspects.

Indiana

anonym_kUQyj0XwjEe2 #43 Posted 25 September 2013 - 10:29 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 0 battles
Having had a bit more experience of the Chaffee I have gone back to stock gun and turret. Lower profile and better power to weight ratio ie faster. Also I agree with previous comments about the trigger. I have had more success since I stopped shooting and started watching. With binos and the best radio its going well but gain points not by kills but by spotting and surviving.

Ranger772 #44 Posted 27 September 2013 - 08:41 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 40119 battles
  • [H-O-T] H-O-T
The Chaffee has the best combined camo-sight range value of Tier V LTs.  It is no. 2 behind the T-71, overall.  BUT the Chaffee's values are less, sometimes much less, than some TDs.

bialy_97 #45 Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:10 PM

Private

• Player
  • 21764 battles
My battle on chaffe - 2,4k dmg  , 2,8k exp and 6 kills on monastery/abbey map.
replay:
https://www.youtube....h?v=oLgG366bftI

Edited by bialy_97, 29 September 2013 - 04:11 PM.

IndianaJonnie #46 Posted 16 November 2013 - 02:24 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 8136 battles
Current issue that I need help with managing guys: I can't understand why but of all the tanks I play, the Chaffee receives by far the most criticism from (so called) 'teammates' regardless of in-game success/impact. But it's not just the volume of criticism but the absolute toxic level to which some players will sink. I had what I can only describe as my most shocking WoT game to date when one of my 'teammates' impatient with the 'passive scout' nature of the Chaffee decided to broadcast my grid-reference on game-wide chat and continued to do so as I changed positions - would anybody go to such lengths if they were angry with a medium or heavy player?

I love my Chaffee, but some of my games in it have been the most nasty I've participated in. Now is this common for you guys as well, that the Chaffee is your 'most-criticized' tank?

Indiana

azakow #47 Posted 17 November 2013 - 04:36 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 84887 battles

View PostIndianaJonnie, on 16 November 2013 - 02:24 PM, said:

Current issue that I need help with managing guys: I can't understand why but of all the tanks I play, the Chaffee receives by far the most criticism from (so called) 'teammates' regardless of in-game success/impact. But it's not just the volume of criticism but the absolute toxic level to which some players will sink. I had what I can only describe as my most shocking WoT game to date when one of my 'teammates' impatient with the 'passive scout' nature of the Chaffee decided to broadcast my grid-reference on game-wide chat and continued to do so as I changed positions - would anybody go to such lengths if they were angry with a medium or heavy player?
I love my Chaffee, but some of my games in it have been the most nasty I've participated in. Now is this common for you guys as well, that the Chaffee is your 'most-criticized' tank?
Indiana
Deep tone of voice "Hey I'm heavy tank, scout you scum bag." or " I died because you did not what you are supose to do". Impatience (the root of all evil), no battlefield awareness, lack of knowledge about the game mechanics, between 2-6k matches, most experience on HT, thats the kind of players that do such.
Does it happen very often?
<1% of matches.
It is not restricted to M24 but also other LT suffer from this. The only knowledge these ppl have is that M24 is a good spotter. What they don't have is the skill to make use of it.

Edited by azakow, 17 November 2013 - 04:37 PM.

3Form #48 Posted 24 November 2013 - 03:54 PM

Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 18253 battles
I don't know. Think I have 600 games in the thing and there's only one incident where I really remember receiving abuse, and that was from some scrub who'd never even played a t5 light, let alone a Chaffee. A dead type 59 raging at me for not "doing my job" and "hunting their arty"

I've never been TKd for not skauting, but I've probably been told "skaut chafee" a few times.

I suppose I'm generally of the opinion that if you give the scrubs some targets to keep them occupied then they'll be too busy to abuse or TK you.

I'll just add that I get more abuse when in my WZ-132 which isn't a scout and therefore I don't really play as such!

WolFie90 #49 Posted 25 November 2013 - 10:53 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 24379 battles
an example of chaffe at work :
http://wotreplays.co...e90-m24_chaffee

TacPenguin #50 Posted 01 December 2013 - 07:44 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 46748 battles

View Postazakow, on 16 September 2013 - 07:14 PM, said:

Run as water would flow
Love this phrase. Sounds Zen   :smile:
I dusted of the Chaffee and yesterday got Malikovka.  Joy Joy Joy my favorite  :trollface:
I'm a cowardly bush scout and use vents , Net, Binos   Crew 6 sense, awareness, smooth ride, snap shot, camo trg, camo paint.
Started on the houses side and drove straight along the swamp edge below ridge line popping up to my best bush at F5 and watched the mayhem ensue :glasses:
Scout, Patrol duty, 13 tanks spotted,  355 damage and 1 kill,  and 9835 damage by spotting. The kill was Arty in their base and 3 hits to keep an obj704 detracked for the WT P4 to kill. Then i got nuked by Foch 155.
The opposition could not move wth out Litle Brother spotting them.
Lucky i had a very good team who split right fast leaving  a T9 and T10 Waffentrager in base.  And they all  could shoot fast and straight.
When i screw up its a bag full of fail
but
The right map and the right team  :bajan:  Chaffee still cuts the mustard.
TacP
PS
anyone use a replay site that does not use WOT open ID to log in???  Call me paranoid but I only log in at WOT with game ID.

Edited by TacPenguin, 01 December 2013 - 07:56 PM.

azakow #51 Posted 03 December 2013 - 07:04 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 84887 battles
Sounds Zen?
I've read the phrase in this forum first, someone refered to it being from a German tankers manual. With M24 Chaffee it may mean a little detour in trade for a smaller siloutte. (Such performed on E-25 make invisible, almost.)

F5 on Malinovka, the perfect location to enjoy an uneven fight.
See my replays for some M24 Chaffee gameplay. I tent to fight more often lately, hence sometimes being the last surviver I have to watch them capping at 85 HP on Malinovka Encounter.

TacPenguin #52 Posted 03 December 2013 - 11:00 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 46748 battles
Azakow would like to watch some of your replays.

what site are they on?  

Linky?  

tacP

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users