Team Damage & Team Killing in 8.8

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
122 replies to this topic

Community #1 Posted 12 September 2013 - 02:07 PM

Sergeant

• Content Team
  • 0 battles
Clarification on parameter changes of the team damage & team killing system in 8.8
Full news text

Desert_Fox_89 #2 Posted 12 September 2013 - 02:09 PM

Brigadier

• Beta Tester
  • 21891 battles
GJ!

Abrallu #3 Posted 12 September 2013 - 02:14 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 18510 battles
  • [MK059] MK059
I still haven't experienced the new system itself (luckily  :tongue: ) but I really like the fact that you no more have to pay for ramming damage done to allies who run into you! Good job WG  :playing:

krazypenguin #4 Posted 12 September 2013 - 02:16 PM

Major

• Player
  • 27097 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Link says:

"Certain changes to the parameters of the team damage and team killing system were implemented with the 8.8 release. The system itself takes any action leading to team mate, module or hull damage into account, including that caused by platoon mates. Additionally, the penalty for team damage or team killing within the same battle will now increase at an exponential rate with each such action.

Reviewing the statistics and your feedback gathered after the 8.8 release we came to a conclusion that the system requires additional amendments. Specifically, it
has been decided to reconsider the respective parameters for the future updates and for now, roll them back to 8.7 version values.

At the same time we would like to remind you that team damage or team killing is prohibited by the rules of the game. Please be cautious on the battlefield!"

So it sounds like they reworked the team damage rules (anyone see that in the patch notes?) but made them to severe (hence all the threads about people getting banned) and so had to reverse them.

Scales91 #5 Posted 12 September 2013 - 02:18 PM

Private

• Player
  • 7708 battles
im still banned though for nothing accidentally shot someone who i was in a platoon with and got a 24h ban just before u must have changed it, good work.

Edited by Scales91, 12 September 2013 - 02:21 PM.

Arquitekt #6 Posted 12 September 2013 - 02:21 PM

Private

• Player
  • 13853 battles
Well i killed a teammate during that time and didnt get a ban. So all in all i still think the system was good but ppl just cant controll their triggerfinger and rage about the system afterwards

Orkel2 #7 Posted 12 September 2013 - 02:21 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 21172 battles
  • [CIRC] CIRC
Keep it harsh.

Cobra6 #8 Posted 12 September 2013 - 02:23 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16314 battles
  • [RGT] RGT
So currently it's back to 8.7 standards again, but in the next update we'll get improved team-damage handling?
-
Let suggest the following basic guidelines for your TK detection:
-
Single shot tanks: 3 hits on friendly tanks, whether they do damage or not, result in a 0K profit both in credits and XP for that battle. On repeat in a second battle it results in the same + a 1 day ban.
-
Autocannon tanks: 6 shots or 3 different bursts on friendly tanks, whether they do damage or not, result in 0K profit in credits and XP for that battle. On repeat in a second battle it results in the same + 1 day ban.
-
-
These can of course be finetuned further but really, if you put multiple shots in one match into the same friendly or spread over other friendlies you really are doing something wrong.
-
-
Cobra 6

Edited by Cobra6, 12 September 2013 - 02:26 PM.

dong_kaloy #9 Posted 12 September 2013 - 02:24 PM

Private

• Player
  • 31918 battles
  • [P1N0Y] P1N0Y
and also plz consider also of some factors

1, if the tanks crosses in front of u an u open fire and hit him
2, if he cross on an open fire

TinyViking #10 Posted 12 September 2013 - 02:26 PM

Major

• Player
  • 6989 battles

View Postkrazypenguin, on 12 September 2013 - 02:16 PM, said:

Link says:

"Certain changes to the parameters of the team damage and team killing system were implemented with the 8.8 release. The system itself takes any action leading to team mate, module or hull damage into account, including that caused by platoon mates. Additionally, the penalty for team damage or team killing within the same battle will now increase at an exponential rate with each such action.

Reviewing the statistics and your feedback gathered after the 8.8 release we came to a conclusion that the system requires additional amendments. Specifically, it
has been decided to reconsider the respective parameters for the future updates and for now, roll them back to 8.7 version values.

At the same time we would like to remind you that team damage or team killing is prohibited by the rules of the game. Please be cautious on the battlefield!"

So it sounds like they reworked the team damage rules (anyone see that in the patch notes?) but made them to severe (hence all the threads about people getting banned) and so had to reverse them.
It wasn't in the patch notes, we found out after it's release :p.

View PostScales91, on 12 September 2013 - 02:18 PM, said:

im still banned though for nothing accidentally shot someone who i was in a platoon with and got a 24h ban just before u must have changed it, good work.
You can contact the support team as they should be able to overturn the ban for you since this is a rather unique case :p.

View PostCobra6, on 12 September 2013 - 02:23 PM, said:

So currently it's back to 8.7 standards again, but in the next update we'll get improved team-damage handling?

Cobra 6
Hopefully yes, possibly even sooner but that remains to be seen :).

theSoon #11 Posted 12 September 2013 - 02:28 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 24623 battles
the new rule "the penalty for team damage or team killing within the same battle will now increase at an exponential rate with each such action" is bad idea - tanks with huge alpha will exploit it - scouts will get bans, russian or other nation huge alpha tanks will not.

Jimi_Jaws #12 Posted 12 September 2013 - 02:28 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 31618 battles
Once I.ve experienved the next situation: Erlenberg, defending side, asault mode. The battle was almost over with a couple of tanks left. On our side one tank afk in base and an oponent covering behind him. Our arty tried to shot, hit the enemy but the splash killed the afk from our side. The next second the arty was blue. From my point of view he didnt do anything wrong but the automatic system said simenthing else.

Is this fixed too?

AtkaManner #13 Posted 12 September 2013 - 02:29 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 24013 battles
"including that caused by platoon mates" platoon mates? that was good as it was. No penalty within platoon. But dont let a platoon go in battle if there is too big diff in them tier and we wont see Ltraktor in high tier battles.

Desert_Fox_89 #14 Posted 12 September 2013 - 02:31 PM

Brigadier

• Beta Tester
  • 21891 battles
So we can't do this???

http://www.youtube.c...IKX_4igdFU&hd=1

cdinside #15 Posted 12 September 2013 - 02:32 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 25429 battles
and how am i suppose to do when a noob gets in front of my gun just when i fire and the team damage it's inevitable, why it's my fault ? you should make situation analyse procedure and penalize the one that is not playing with brain and doesn't care about colleagues who are sniping or make a situation awareness signal or block the possibility of fire when team mate is in front at not more than 5m (i don't know usually how close it is when tanks are near each other)

alliancemd #16 Posted 12 September 2013 - 02:32 PM

Private

• Player
  • 9348 battles
Keep it harsh please.
Yesterday 1 guy rammed me but I didn't pay for his repair, very satisfied with that :)
There is 1 more problem that I don't think is taken in consideration.
I got a few weeks ago in a game where 2 guys in team(Platoon) that had a few thousands of matches, one with 33% win rate and another with 40% win rate were selecting 1 slower tank(which was me in that case with my T25/2) from the team and trying to block him from going anywhere and also getting in the way of the aim, I have a very high tolerance so I ignored them, after ~8 minutes I got to the fighting place and they pushed me and held in the fire, all we 3 got killed, we lost the match in the end. I saw this kind of thing on the internet a few times too...
I highly doubt after reporting them for "Pushing an ally" they got any punishment...

Edited by alliancemd, 12 September 2013 - 02:34 PM.

krazypenguin #17 Posted 12 September 2013 - 02:33 PM

Major

• Player
  • 27097 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostAtkaManner, on 12 September 2013 - 02:29 PM, said:

"including that caused by platoon mates" platoon mates? that was good as it was. No penalty within platoon. But dont let a platoon go in battle if there is too big diff in them tier and we wont see Ltraktor in high tier battles.

Was it really good that platoon mates could shoot each other?  Maybe at the end of a battle that was already won, sure who cares, but too often you see platoons, especially fail platoons, damage or even TK each other because there is no penalty for it.  No, I am happy for team damage to apply to platoon mates as well.  You want to TK platoon mate, go do it in a training room...

bluestorm1944 #18 Posted 12 September 2013 - 02:35 PM

Private

• Player
  • 17734 battles
I got a 24hr ban yesterday for shooting someone who decided to ram me at full speed from a bush as it must have been his "usual spot". Not denying I shouldn't have retaliated and I was in the wrong also, but I didn't actually kill him, seems pretty harsh. Maybe need to work on something that collaborates damage taken in game from an ally with complaints made. So if you take ramming damage from an enemy and you also report them as pushing out an ally it puts a mark against them. Same with team damage etc.

Anyway 24hrs of my life back ;)

RegularLogic #19 Posted 12 September 2013 - 02:37 PM

Warrant Officer

• Clan Diplomat
  • 38194 battles
Teamkilled a single player who was shooting friendly jagdpanther in spawn... turned blue and insta banned.... whilst I feel cheated, I accept the system and think this is a drastic improvement over the old system.
Harsh but fair.

Edited by RegularLogic, 12 September 2013 - 02:38 PM.

Max2Dez #20 Posted 12 September 2013 - 02:39 PM

Private

• Player
  • 39117 battles
  • [PR-22] PR-22
I just got banned for team-kill (x2). When the fight started two team-mates in small scouts (LTP and a german) pulled up in front of my Black Prince and started shooting at me, first I tried to drive past them but they were too fast, so I shot them to be able to continue playing instead for toying with two idiots. Unfortunatly I did not know about the new rule and I have not found a way to contact support about this either.
This new rule gives those who want to harm others an perfect tool to do just that.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users