Order of War, forgotten game by Wargaming

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

Fattyshow #1 Posted 13 September 2013 - 05:08 PM

Private

• Player
  • 7027 battles
  • [BSOD] BSOD
I was looking on WarGaming.com , the corporate site of WarGaming.
I saw a button with the games they've made, of course our 3 known games: World of Tanks, World of Warplanes and World of Warships. (and some other incoming games)
But I've also seen three already existing games: Order of War, DBA online and Massive/Galactic Assault.
The game Order of War seems like a real time strategy game in a World of Tanks / Warplanes style which should be awesome.
I then saw the game should be sold in stores and also on Stream.
I also saw on Steam that there was a demo, so I decided to download that demo, only took me about 5 minutes and done.
I start the game, install directX and the menu opens with options buttons, links to videos and a button: Play Demo.
When I click the 'Play Demo' button it says that some kind of a date and hour in 2007 ain't working.

Is it worth buying the full version of the game? Or how can I fix it so I can play the demo?

Ecotech #2 Posted 13 September 2013 - 05:34 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 17502 battles
Fattyshow, the game indeed is dead and forgotten by WG.

I did buy it from Steam a year ago - and let me tell you, what a dissapointment it was. As far as the game goes it is VERY nice. Good visuals, good unit controls, well thought out +/- for each unit. But then, the famous russian quality hits, or rather the lack of it.

The game is leaking memory, badly and like it wasn't enough it has a number of other different bugs that result in crash to desktop, or total crash of the computer.

Support? Forget it. There is none. No patches, no fixes, no nothing. I tried to get a refund but no such luck.

As far as WG is concerned, Order of War is the skeleton in the closet, the shameful family secret nobody talks about.

If anyone from WG dares to contradict me, I expect a full patch to my Order of War, next to some BIG apologies.

BTW: Steam is kinda scumbag as well, it keeps selling for real cash a software that for all practical purposes is abandonware.

battlecry123 #3 Posted 13 September 2013 - 05:49 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 9953 battles
steam is just a way of getting money for nothing outa you I bought football manager 2013 and cliffs of dover both steam games when I found they didn't play well as I thought I phoned to ask if I could get refund they said once the steam was activated on your pc no one else can use the game so im left with two expensive games I cant play typical games makers

Fattyshow #4 Posted 13 September 2013 - 07:16 PM

Private

• Player
  • 7027 battles
  • [BSOD] BSOD
I must say that I earned the achievement for buying a 100 games on steam...
Steam is an online store that allows you to buy, download and play the games.
It also gives tons of amazing discounts as I bought all GTA games till the liberty city episodes for only 12.5 euro and all tomb raiders including the latest one for 17.5 euro.

But thanks for your OOW review. Trailers and gameplay videos look awesome but indeed it looks like it has bugs.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users