Jump to content


A-43


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
104 replies to this topic

Mieep #41 Posted 28 September 2013 - 03:39 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 28898 battles
  • 589
  • [DLA] DLA
  • Member since:
    05-22-2011

View Postriv8, on 27 September 2013 - 10:45 PM, said:

After few more battles I changed my mind. I love this little thing. It's fast and agile its pew pew Zis-4 is sufficient and its different from the Cromwell (contrary to what I wrote in my earlier post). It's a scout without scout mm - absolute spotting machine able to circle and kill t7 heavies with a little skill. If it would have just a little more gun depression it would be perfect. I love it :D

Btw How well other people are driving this thing, when a game where I got scout and Radley-Walters got me only 1st class mastery badge?!

^^ i had multiple 1,4k games in arow...
-btw, did a 1550 base xp game in the a.44 and only got 1st class... THAT is crazy.

Macrae #42 Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:44 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 13688 battles
  • 12
  • Member since:
    03-24-2011
use the s54 folks, the better alpha dmg will help when circling, and btw, I love this tank, you can troll so much with it.

Punpernikiel #43 Posted 29 September 2013 - 11:00 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 16527 battles
  • 95
  • [S-OS] S-OS
  • Member since:
    07-08-2012
Few sad things you need to know about this tank and other tier VI tanks before you compare them.

1. Yes, A-43 is put into tier VIII battles for 75% of battles -> this was set as a balance parameter to keep this tank WR at sufficient level. Current MM weight for this tank is overrated (as for most of the agile-fast tanks-scouts) and they are going to rebalance tank by decreasing its point value in future patches but not by much. It won't be enclosed in offcial patch notes (as MM weight never is).
2. Cromwell is a part of "holy OP triangle" along with KV-1S and Hellcat. This means that those tanks get extra points to their MM weight and due to they are much better than other tier VI tanks (like T-34-85) they are usually balanced towards each other so their balancing paramater - WR is still close to 50%. Apart from that Cromwell gets +20% to MM weight (just like heavy).
3. Position in your team is affected by your skills (your current lose or win streak) - if your latest WR is high you are put on bottom (cause you are good enough to handle it), bad players gets on top (so they can still have some joy). A-43 MM was set with assumption that only good players will grind toward it in the first week after release.

Sources: Devs, Wot FTR, Ru Forum.

boomaster #44 Posted 29 September 2013 - 11:14 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 24661 battles
  • 497
  • Member since:
    03-03-2011
Still think it's a great little tank, bounced a M36's 90mm gun this evening, this tank has some wicked angles if you use them and use it's mobility. As for comparisons with the Cromwell.... it's not. Aside from the occasional mantlet bounce and gun depression, think of this as an M4A3E8 and I think you'll be on the right lines. Same alpha, slightly worse pen, similar accuracy, better speed and traverse. Even though it doesn't get the vert stab of the E8 it still has decent on the move dispersion for those "drive bys".

More fun to drive than the T-34-85, for me anyway.

WeDingedEm #45 Posted 30 September 2013 - 09:00 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 18099 battles
  • 229
  • Member since:
    04-30-2013
Got it tonight and loved playing it! Was throwing the dice between it and the type 58 and I'm glad I got this one.

Mieep #46 Posted 01 October 2013 - 05:38 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 28898 battles
  • 589
  • [DLA] DLA
  • Member since:
    05-22-2011
Its definitly a keeper.
But be aware...the a-44 is the worst tank i have ever owned, sharing the podium only with the afk panther, the  lee and the old 3001p.

Think twice if youre planing to go up in this tree after the a-43. Id advice to use the old road up to the t-54. a-44 is not playable.

Siridar #47 Posted 01 October 2013 - 10:05 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 47104 battles
  • 104
  • [ECLPS] ECLPS
  • Member since:
    04-16-2011

View PostMieep, on 25 September 2013 - 10:57 AM, said:

Ok, after extensive testing i come to the conclusion that this tank is a proberbly nerf bat canditate.
It plays like a chaffee but with better matchmaking.
After 10 battles, I second that. Maxed out, with 76 mm S-54 cannon it's a russian Chaffee = awesome!

StarDreamer #48 Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:38 AM

    Corporal

  • Beta Tester
  • 29349 battles
  • 176
  • [PSOP] PSOP
  • Member since:
    09-10-2010
I got my xp record with this tank(without noticing). Crazy good, I should have kept it...  :confused:

Arafel #49 Posted 04 October 2013 - 12:45 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 46855 battles
  • 596
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
  • Member since:
    07-31-2011

View PostPunpernikiel, on 29 September 2013 - 11:00 PM, said:

Few sad things you need to know about this tank and other tier VI tanks before you compare them.

1. Yes, A-43 is put into tier VIII battles for 75% of battles -> this was set as a balance parameter to keep this tank WR at sufficient level. Current MM weight for this tank is overrated (as for most of the agile-fast tanks-scouts) and they are going to rebalance tank by decreasing its point value in future patches but not by much. It won't be enclosed in offcial patch notes (as MM weight never is).
2. Cromwell is a part of "holy OP triangle" along with KV-1S and Hellcat. This means that those tanks get extra points to their MM weight and due to they are much better than other tier VI tanks (like T-34-85) they are usually balanced towards each other so their balancing paramater - WR is still close to 50%. Apart from that Cromwell gets +20% to MM weight (just like heavy).
3. Position in your team is affected by your skills (your current lose or win streak) - if your latest WR is high you are put on bottom (cause you are good enough to handle it), bad players gets on top (so they can still have some joy). A-43 MM was set with assumption that only good players will grind toward it in the first week after release.

Sources: Devs, Wot FTR, Ru Forum.

1. Not true, this tank does not get into tier 8 battles more often than any other tier 6 tank. This is just your selective memory of bad games where you were bottom tank or you based this on a very limited amount of battles.
2. Slightly added MM weight doesn't mean much, it is one of the many balance parameters but will not change gameplay significantly.
3. People claim this, but my recent WR is good and I get to be top tank as often as you expect from a random MM. My personal guess is that this info is a sloppy translation.

zbing #50 Posted 04 October 2013 - 10:44 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Beta Tester
  • 22451 battles
  • 1,325
  • Member since:
    12-24-2010
Well I've moved on to A-44 and I can tell that A-43 turned out to be quite decent tank (unlike A-44, which is horror), but for what it does there are better choices, if you're into that sort of playstyle.

Punpernikiel #51 Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:32 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 16527 battles
  • 95
  • [S-OS] S-OS
  • Member since:
    07-08-2012

View PostArafel, on 04 October 2013 - 12:45 PM, said:

1. Not true, this tank does not get into tier 8 battles more often than any other tier 6 tank. This is just your selective memory of bad games where you were bottom tank or you based this on a very limited amount of battles.
2. Slightly added MM weight doesn't mean much, it is one of the many balance parameters but will not change gameplay significantly.
3. People claim this, but my recent WR is good and I get to be top tank as often as you expect from a random MM. My personal guess is that this info is a sloppy translation.
WR is not the same as current win streak.
After 10 battles i noticed something is wrong with MM and started some statistics of my battles: out of next 74, 53 were matched to tier VIII.
My record loose streak is more than 20 battles with KV-4 when i reach 60% WR with this tank and i droped to 56% suddenly. Just count yourself if 20 battles lost in a row are possible without MM help. More likely would be that sputnik falls on my home
Also i have some doubts how xp is calculated for A-43. I did 2500+ dmg on tier VII-VIII + 2000+ spotting dmg. 4 kills + Lehvaslaiho. No Ace tanker, 1300+ xp. I carry binocs on A-43 so my tank is rarely not spoting other tank by himself therefore taking full xp for dmg.
Yesterday i was playing on tier V-VI battle, did 2700+ dmg, 600 spotting and get much more xp for damaging low tier tanks and less spoting: 1400+ and ace.
Algorithms for this tank are VERY weird.
Oh and most fun part: i had particulary good win streak, next THREE battles i was: ammoracked (blown up) by T-34 with first shoot in first 30 sec of a round from 400+ m, ammoracked and set on fire by cromwell with first shoot from 300+ m distance, set on fire by 'I didnt write what was it'. Such a coincidence.
Algorithms have some troubles when you play in platoon and/or switch server. I strongly recommend to do so if you want to avoid MM treating you as cannon fodder

Edited by Punpernikiel, 07 October 2013 - 09:32 AM.


Dadford #52 Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:47 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 11062 battles
  • 267
  • [-U_T-] -U_T-
  • Member since:
    12-27-2012
I have the research points available for either but just don't know which way to go??

joyuesp #53 Posted 14 October 2013 - 12:40 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 52953 battles
  • 7,700
  • [KAZNA] KAZNA
  • Member since:
    01-22-2012
this tank is what the t-34 should be.

fast, useful with both guns and great rof.

Mr_Sukebe #54 Posted 14 October 2013 - 12:59 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 32373 battles
  • 2,623
  • [ZOLO] ZOLO
  • Member since:
    06-04-2011
Having played this some more, strikes me as being very similar to a T21, but with a slightly worse gun, and clearly WITHOUT scout MM battletiers.

Had a great match yesterday in Tier8 on Serene coast.  Went to the hill and spotted from the bottom, allowing our team to poor fire into the enemies sat on the top.  Once we'd thinned them out a little, drove around the base of the hill and then proceeded to shoot at the asses of their T32, IS3 etc.  Set fire to the T32.  2000 spot damage and another 960 actual.  Not bad for a Tier6.

So, can be fun, but needs to be played VERY carefully.

Cpt_Blue #55 Posted 16 October 2013 - 11:02 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 24023 battles
  • 726
  • Member since:
    04-21-2011
Yesterday I researched and purchased the A-43 tank, not to progress up to the T-54 either. Still working on my technical engineer badge. Here is my  question, It this tank meant to play as a medium or a scout type. it seems to deal little damage. Does anyone know its coming rating to be viable as a scout? Thanks for the positive comments. Cheers.

Mieep #56 Posted 17 October 2013 - 05:39 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 28898 battles
  • 589
  • [DLA] DLA
  • Member since:
    05-22-2011

View PostCpt_Blue, on 16 October 2013 - 11:02 PM, said:

Yesterday I researched and purchased the A-43 tank, not to progress up to the T-54 either. Still working on my technical engineer badge. Here is my  question, It this tank meant to play as a medium or a scout type. it seems to deal little damage. Does anyone know its coming rating to be viable as a scout? Thanks for the positive comments. Cheers.

As top tank and some t7 battles play it as a normal med.
In t8 play it as a scout.

AriannaWolf #57 Posted 18 October 2013 - 02:16 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 32954 battles
  • 635
  • [DA-II] DA-II
  • Member since:
    09-08-2011
The tough thing with this tank is in tier 6 battles you are up against hordes of hellcats and KV1s, all of whom will ruin your day. Most tier 5s will rough you up and tier 4s will not fear you. In tier 7 eveything will ruin your day, and in tier 8 even the genuine scouts will ruin your day. I am an open minded kind of guy but I really dont like this tank.

maratus #58 Posted 19 October 2013 - 09:56 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 19394 battles
  • 205
  • Member since:
    09-09-2011
managed to get my ace on pretty nice game: 4323 damage.
Its btw. the most damage done in that tank at wotreplays.eu.
Replay: http://wotreplays.eu...ds-maratus-a-43

Edited by maratus, 19 October 2013 - 10:14 AM.


Hopeinen #59 Posted 19 October 2013 - 08:59 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 46817 battles
  • 417
  • Member since:
    10-26-2010
This tank is like the E8 Sherman, but faster, smaller and without the gun depression.
Loving it.

Mr_Sukebe #60 Posted 23 October 2013 - 03:10 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 32373 battles
  • 2,623
  • [ZOLO] ZOLO
  • Member since:
    06-04-2011

View Postmaratus, on 19 October 2013 - 09:56 AM, said:

managed to get my ace on pretty nice game: 4323 damage.
Its btw. the most damage done in that tank at wotreplays.eu.
Replay: http://wotreplays.eu...ds-maratus-a-43

Nice work!
Had a game earlier where I'd inflicted 2600 damage, and thought I'd done well.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users