Jump to content


I've left the hanger


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
25 replies to this topic

countonme #1 Posted 15 September 2013 - 05:58 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 2454 battles
  • 11
  • Member since:
    05-11-2013
:sad:
reasons.

lag, ping issues, caused by lack of servers (not my 72mbps connection,15ms ping on speedtests)
bots
cheating (yes it does go on & I include hit spots, QVM etc in this list)
running mods that lag, increase the ping, when they shouldn't.
Poor game play from other team players (A.I. team players?)
The queues to start a map
Abuse, noob calling etc
since 8.8 loosing to often
Started 8.8 & found I had to buy the barrel of a tank & Ammo even though I had this mounted in 8.7
gold shells should not be used in standard games
more servers needed or capacity increased
poor match making - farcical that a Panther 1 can be in a game with tanks that were not developed for another 10-15 years)
oh and the high number of prototype, planned tanks that never entered service.
having to ditch 2 sound Mods simply to improve game play.

I won't be the first to leave & doubt I will be the last. Thankfully I haven't fallen for buying "gold". I'll never get 2 million silver to move up to tier 8 whilst Wot creates unfair and unrealistic battles, with tanks from the 50's & 60's playing against 1940's tanks. & does nothing to stop Bots and cheating (whether allowed mods or otherwise).

The end

Ozymandias #2 Posted 15 September 2013 - 06:02 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Beta Tester
  • 30315 battles
  • 683
  • [SCRUB] SCRUB
  • Member since:
    12-14-2010
Another tomato with another "goodbye I quit" thread.

Another player that blames the game for not being able to roflstomp everyone. Because how can you fail, it's all the game's fault right?

I've seen it before, I'll see it again. It will never become original or make me shed a tear.

Goodbye. You won't be missed. I can only wish you take some of your ilk with you.

Armatt #3 Posted 15 September 2013 - 06:10 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 6011 battles
  • 457
  • Member since:
    06-01-2013
How terrible...

Brickslow #4 Posted 15 September 2013 - 06:10 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 7660 battles
  • 4
  • Member since:
    06-07-2012
1619 Battles, highest tank tier VI, 184 average experience. Complaining about bad players, petty problems and problems that you can solve. You will be missed.


Also World of Tanks is not meant to be completely realistic, its not a simulator.

tingerz610 #5 Posted 15 September 2013 - 06:16 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 8288 battles
  • 75
  • [BYOB] BYOB
  • Member since:
    06-22-2012
This is THE funniest thing ive read all day...... get a grip fella, its a free to play game you aint that bleddy special lol...... goodbye and good riddance

soulboystu #6 Posted 15 September 2013 - 06:18 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 9471 battles
  • 40
  • Member since:
    01-16-2013
So we couldnt count on you after all eh op

MAGNET0 #7 Posted 15 September 2013 - 06:36 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 17600 battles
  • 215
  • [TUCI] TUCI
  • Member since:
    04-17-2011

View Postsoulboystu, on 15 September 2013 - 06:18 PM, said:

So we couldnt count on you after all eh op

rofl, I wanted to say the same

Etova_Kala #8 Posted 15 September 2013 - 06:41 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 8568 battles
  • 451
  • Member since:
    05-24-2011

View PostOzymandias, on 15 September 2013 - 06:02 PM, said:

Another player that blames the game for not being able to roflstomp everyone. Because how can you fail, it's all the game's fault right?

Cognitive dissonance in WoT, what a surprise.

Kyntteri #9 Posted 15 September 2013 - 06:49 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 4145 battles
  • 374
  • Member since:
    08-02-2012
Posted Image
Is this it? Now don't lose it again.

Ozymandias #10 Posted 15 September 2013 - 06:50 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Beta Tester
  • 30315 battles
  • 683
  • [SCRUB] SCRUB
  • Member since:
    12-14-2010

View PostEtova_Kala, on 15 September 2013 - 06:41 PM, said:

Cognitive dissonance in WoT, what a surprise.

You know what the thing is? It's not that I'm not expecting a low battle count player to be a tomato. I've been there myself. No one starts this game knowing everything. That much is more than understandable.

What is NOT understandable is people blaming everyting else BUT themselves for their fails. This is the most surefire way to keep sucking and to join the hordes of low skill high tier players that are atm killing off the fun for 75% of the battles.

Yes the game is not perfect. Yes you'll end up with a lot of fail teams. But you can't do much about that. What you CAN do is recognize your own faults and try to improve them so that you won't become part of the problem. The OP and people like him are the root of that problem and this attitude is exactly what keeps them there.

So like I said, no person with an attitude like that will be missed as far as I'm concerned.

tumppuri #11 Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:01 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 5147 battles
  • 42
  • Member since:
    09-29-2011
So you want less time in queues and also less tanks that can be against each other = more queues?

Etova_Kala #12 Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:04 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 8568 battles
  • 451
  • Member since:
    05-24-2011

View PostOzymandias, on 15 September 2013 - 06:50 PM, said:

You know what the thing is? It's not that I'm not expecting a low battle count player to be a tomato. I've been there myself. No one starts this game knowing everything. That much is more than understandable.

What is NOT understandable is people blaming everyting else BUT themselves for their fails. This is the most surefire way to keep sucking and to join the hordes of low skill high tier players that are atm killing off the fun for 75% of the battles.

Yes the game is not perfect. Yes you'll end up with a lot of fail teams. But you can't do much about that. What you CAN do is recognize your own faults and try to improve them so that you won't become part of the problem. The OP and people like him are the root of that problem and this attitude is exactly what keeps them there.

So like I said, no person with an attitude like that will be missed as far as I'm concerned.

No, people blaming everything but themselves is completely understandable. As I said, cognitive dissonance. It's so much easier to just keep blaming everyone and everything else and never admit to your own mistakes, both in real life and in WoT. The difference is that in real life most people have to accept that they're not perfect and adjust their attitudes accordingly, in WoT there's nothing that will stop them from doing what they're doing and they can go on blaming other players and matchmaking until they stop playing. There's no skill level required to advance in this game, you can just suck your way to tier 10 so you never have to actually learn the game and come to the sobering realization that what you did before might've not been the best for you or the teams you played with.

While I'm saying it's understandable, I don't mean you need to tolerate it. It's still immature, but unfortunately it's a part of human nature.

Ozymandias #13 Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:18 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Beta Tester
  • 30315 battles
  • 683
  • [SCRUB] SCRUB
  • Member since:
    12-14-2010

View PostEtova_Kala, on 15 September 2013 - 07:04 PM, said:

No, people blaming everything but themselves is completely understandable. As I said, cognitive dissonance. It's so much easier to just keep blaming everyone and everything else and never admit to your own mistakes, both in real life and in WoT. The difference is that in real life most people have to accept that they're not perfect and adjust their attitudes accordingly, in WoT there's nothing that will stop them from doing what they're doing and they can go on blaming other players and matchmaking until they stop playing. There's no skill level required to advance in this game, you can just suck your way to tier 10 so you never have to actually learn the game and come to the sobering realization that what you did before might've not been the best for you or the teams you played with.

While I'm saying it's understandable, I don't mean you need to tolerate it. It's still immature, but unfortunately it's a part of human nature.

Well, I get what you're saying. Different viewpoints I guess. Unfortunately, whether I understand it or not, I still have to suck it up. Or find another game to play...

LetsRockAndRoll #14 Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:36 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 28635 battles
  • 1,559
  • Member since:
    01-14-2013

View Postcountonme, on 15 September 2013 - 05:58 PM, said:

:sad:
reasons.

lag, ping issues, caused by lack of servers (not my 72mbps connection,15ms ping on speedtests)
bots
cheating (yes it does go on & I include hit spots, QVM etc in this list)
running mods that lag, increase the ping, when they shouldn't.
Poor game play from other team players (A.I. team players?)
The queues to start a map
Abuse, noob calling etc
since 8.8 loosing to often
Started 8.8 & found I had to buy the barrel of a tank & Ammo even though I had this mounted in 8.7
gold shells should not be used in standard games
more servers needed or capacity increased
poor match making - farcical that a Panther 1 can be in a game with tanks that were not developed for another 10-15 years)
oh and the high number of prototype, planned tanks that never entered service.
having to ditch 2 sound Mods simply to improve game play.

I won't be the first to leave & doubt I will be the last. Thankfully I haven't fallen for buying "gold". I'll never get 2 million silver to move up to tier 8 whilst Wot creates unfair and unrealistic battles, with tanks from the 50's & 60's playing against 1940's tanks. & does nothing to stop Bots and cheating (whether allowed mods or otherwise).

The end

Posted Image

Q77 #15 Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:48 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 12072 battles
  • 835
  • Member since:
    01-27-2012
seeyawouldntwannabeya!

__Zippy__ #16 Posted 15 September 2013 - 08:49 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 33229 battles
  • 2,203
  • Member since:
    09-04-2011

View PostOzymandias, on 15 September 2013 - 06:02 PM, said:

Another tomato with another "goodbye I quit" thread.

Another player that blames the game for not being able to roflstomp everyone. Because how can you fail, it's all the game's fault right?

I've seen it before, I'll see it again. It will never become original or make me shed a tear.

Goodbye. You won't be missed. I can only wish you take some of your ilk with you.

LOL

Mr_Thursday #17 Posted 15 September 2013 - 09:01 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 22092 battles
  • 650
  • Member since:
    08-25-2011
Like a toddler tantrum, there is no logical response to the OP.
Good luck in your next rage quit.

Edited by Mr_Thursday, 15 September 2013 - 09:02 PM.


lavaboy #18 Posted 15 September 2013 - 09:14 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 15313 battles
  • 2,347
  • Member since:
    05-05-2011

View Postcountonme, on 15 September 2013 - 05:58 PM, said:

...
Thankfully I haven't fallen for buying "gold".
...

That's where you're going wrong.

The day I bought my first chunk of gold I started getting better matchmaking, my shots were more accurate and I never suffered a lag spike again... and my official WG tinfoil hats arrived in the post a few days later.

Here's a proud pic of me and the Mrs wearing them.

Spoiler                     

Magic

MikeSaintz #19 Posted 15 September 2013 - 09:18 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 24952 battles
  • 616
  • Member since:
    10-28-2011

View Postlavaboy, on 15 September 2013 - 09:14 PM, said:

Posted Image
.
Can I haz a tinfoil hat like thatz?
.
PLz plz?
.
I'm throwing money at my screenz but nothing's happening.... HELP!!!!

Edited by Sanctorum, 15 September 2013 - 09:19 PM.


Slyspy #20 Posted 15 September 2013 - 09:25 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 14186 battles
  • 16,481
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-07-2011
Damn, at this rate I'll be the worst player left in the game.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users