Pz1c: How to kill churchill1 with your gun?

Pz1c Churchill weakspot

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

Observer413 #1 Posted 16 September 2013 - 05:49 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 29171 battles
Hello, potential viewer!
Here, i got a treat for you!
Did you know, that Churchill 1 isn't completely safe from Pz1c with its spraying Mauser autocannon?
I kid you not! Here, have a proof!
http://wotreplays.co...z_kpfw_i_ausf_c
Now be warned! Long post ahead, if you don't like reading then just watch the replay and carry on with your day.
Soooo-  here goes the full description, that was too long for the Wotreplays :P
First time i saw this possibility in the video of one of youtubers i'm subscribed to (nickname: Highflyer15, youtube channel: Theriisingsun)(yes, with two "I")
Link to video and part where he penetrates the enemy Churchill1 below:
http://youtu.be/zeLh7wUhgDQ?t=3m5s
Anyway, he didnt seem too concerned with his discovery, but hell how i was! I love that little monster and actively search possibilities where to shoot even the biggest enemies you can face on regular basis.
Anyway, i checked one site, where you can see armor values for some ingame tanks (http://gamemodels3d.com/worldoftanks/) and it appears, there is small part at the BACK part of the SIDE armor, where it is only 25.4mm thick.
Its the value of the "under-side of the back" of that tank, and in theory is quite well covered by tracks. Well, not entirely.
I didn't use premium ammo, so i recon you can easily pen that part of the tank with any tier2 or higher autocannon with regular AP rounds.
Also #1, you damage enemys engine that way, so i believe there is a chance to set him/her on fire, shortening the whole procedure.
Also #2, it appears that Churchill 3(russian tier5 premium) and Churchill 7(british regular tier6) share this weakspot, although i didnt have a chance to check it, so i dont know if its avaible as a weakspot or is it covered by tracks or whatnot.
Aaaaaanyway...
I admit, when i tried to do that against moving/non-afk targets i managed to deal around 50 damage before i got obliterated(not an easy task when you are alone and enemy sees you as a easy kill, focusing on you instead of bigger targets), so for this trick to work, you need few things to take place:
-enemy needs to be alone, or away from immediate help from his/her teammates
-enemy must be immobilized, or really unresponsive to what is happening around him, to give you time to 'work' on his/her weakspot.
- you must aim precisely on that small surface area, so you need to stay close and most likely, stand still while youre unloading your gun. Otherwise, you miss, bounce and tracks eat too much of it.
-i had to unload 3 clips into him to destroy him from 100% HP. More will be needed, if either of you is moving or the distance is too great, or gun is not fully aimed.
-preferably, you want someone else to take enemys attention, since you wont last long alone against heavy tank. I believe you could do it in 2-3 man platoon of Pz1c, where some of you track the enemy and keep him that way(driving around and spamming at his tracks), while one of you concentrate on shooting his weakspot until the turret starts rotating in your direction. Switch roles when necessary, yadda yadda, all that good stuff.
So, have fun, and start hunting yourself some tier5 Heavies! Random battles got little less safe for our big 'friends'.

Edited by Observer413, 16 September 2013 - 05:53 PM.

Zuyl #2 Posted 16 September 2013 - 06:28 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 16214 battles
Nice.

Been thinking a long time of buying a Pz1c and your video made me decide to give it a shot. This looks hilarious.

Observer413 #3 Posted 16 September 2013 - 06:41 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 29171 battles
There is surprisingly many tanks on tier5 that you can actually hunt down in this lilttle bugger, since many of them have some weakspots in armor that allow you to pen them with AP/APCR. Having 40 shells with around 8 points of damage for each one of them, it got 320 points of potential damage in one clip(assuming every shot pens). Only 'a couple' of tanks got more than 40mm of effective armour all around and as such can consider themselves truly safe when facing Pz1c.

maroar #4 Posted 22 September 2013 - 11:33 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 30388 battles
  • [JBAIT] JBAIT
The gun used in the video is not the 7,92 mm Mauser E.W. 141.
It is the 2 cm Flak 38 L/112 with 39mm of penetration, the same one as on the Pz.II.

Observer413 #5 Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:35 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 29171 battles

View Postmaroar, on 22 September 2013 - 10:33 PM, said:

The gun used in the video is not the 7,92 mm Mauser E.W. 141.
It is the 2 cm Flak 38 L/112 with 39mm of penetration, the same one as on the Pz.II.

Yes, in the Highlflyer15 vide the gun is indeed L/112.
But in my replay i used Mauser and got same effect- penetration in the place/weakspot i mentioned.

Edited by Observer413, 13 December 2013 - 12:25 AM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users