Question about reporting an Ally for pushing you over the cliff

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14 replies to this topic

BalthbeornGer_Ac #1 Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:29 PM

Private

• Player
  • 2810 battles
A player form my team push me over the cliff intentionally. As a result, i died doing absolutely nothing and my 1st victory of the day was a dissaster.
This system seems so unfair. A guy comes and out of the blue he completely destroys your game! I believe this behavior should result in a permaban.
I reported him, but will they do anything to him?

Edited by BalthbeornGer_Ac, 17 September 2013 - 08:15 PM.

duuuuuude #2 Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:35 PM

Private

• Player
  • 6873 battles
Probably not..... Doesn't seem that the report system does anything

EmperorSafirius #3 Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:37 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 21162 battles
You can always try sending the replay to support, but still.. you have no confirmation that this will work..

Soref #4 Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:16 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 17890 battles
  • [WHY] WHY
Sending replays or screenshots does absolutely nothing.
When it comes down to reports it needs quite alot of them to get the player actually banned.
Meh, even alot before the support even starts investigating this specific case.

noneskii #5 Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:45 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 21672 battles
  • [VIIWO] VIIWO
You should write to support, explain the situation and add proof - screenshots or replay or something like that. It has been stated by dev's and community team members several times now that abuse of game physics is a punishable offense and if you write a report to support, the offenders will get a 24h ban for their first offense and (possibly) increased punishment for every next offense.
Also - the reporting system isn't particularly effective. First, the option "report for teamdamage" doesn't even go anywhere - it's just there because the dev's haven't had the time/willingness/enough f***s to give to remove the option; the system is fully automated for quite a while now. It still makes me chuckle every time i see a kid raging in the chat: "Y U RAM ME NOOB, EVERYONE REPORTZZ ZE NOOBZ111!!11".
http://forum.worldof...ll-auto-system/ - read about it more there.
Secondly, the insult and spam report options will only get the offender banned from chat for 24 hours. I don't know for sure, but i believe that system is automated as well. Meaning - get X reports in Y time and you get a 24h chat ban.
As for the rest of reporting options - i really can't imagine how would they work, other than manually on evaluating received reports over a period of time, or how would anyone could check of players guilt if those reports are even checked by a human.
So you would most likely be better off either just letting these situations pass by without giving them much thought - they will fade away sooner than you think or, in case of severe offenses, just write to support - at least then someone will be forced to read the report  :trollface:

Edited by noneskii, 17 September 2013 - 09:54 PM.

steview162 #6 Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:57 PM

Brigadier

• Clan Diplomat
  • 35874 battles
  • [-T-O-] -T-O-
Send the replay to support, do NOT flag it as TKing, flag it as physics abuse, or pushing out ally. Reporting a TK does gets ignored, but they should do something if you report it properly.

Ding760 #7 Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:18 PM

Major

• Player
  • 9370 battles
I once sent a report... then I took a waste to my time...

bufferzone #8 Posted 18 September 2013 - 08:38 AM

Private

• Player
  • 15000 battles
  • [RDDTF] RDDTF
It might actually have been me.

If the map was Fjords and you were in an arty of some sort and we were both on the south eastern land peninsula of the map.

This is what happen:

I am having huge problems with my WoT client. Ever now and again it freezes and if I am moving when it happens, the tank keeps moving without my control for up, sometimes for the rest of the game. At the moment I reinstall my client every day to keep the problem at bay.

If this incident is the one where you were the victim I do apologize, there were nothing I could do, when I regained control over my tank (a Pz III/IV) we were both downed and under water.

I am doing a complete system reinstall this weekend to see if that helps. Any solutions are welcomed

Best regards and apologies if I am the culprit
Bufferzone

majorclanger #9 Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:46 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 38150 battles
  • [BULL] BULL
Sending in a ticket is a waste of time, I've tried twice and got the same automated response which was of no relevence to what I'd explained.

On one memorable occasion, after being pushed down a  cliff, the same tank appeared in the very next battle with me. During countdown I explained the situation and our team shot him to bits, ahhh.....karma.

BalthbeornGer_Ac #10 Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:46 PM

Private

• Player
  • 2810 battles

View Postbufferzone, on 18 September 2013 - 08:38 AM, said:

It might actually have been me.
If the map was Fjords and you were in an arty of some sort and we were both on the south eastern land peninsula of the map.
This is what happen:
I am having huge problems with my WoT client. Ever now and again it freezes and if I am moving when it happens, the tank keeps moving without my control for up, sometimes for the rest of the game. At the moment I reinstall my client every day to keep the problem at bay.
If this incident is the one where you were the victim I do apologize, there were nothing I could do, when I regained control over my tank (a Pz III/IV) we were both downed and under water.
I am doing a complete system reinstall this weekend to see if that helps. Any solutions are welcomed
Best regards and apologies if I am the culprit
Bufferzone
No man, it was not you. Don't worry.
Is it true that some players are systematic team killers by pushing teamates over cliffs and not by shooting them, so they don't get penalized?

Edited by BalthbeornGer_Ac, 18 September 2013 - 03:14 PM.

JuanCudz #11 Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:55 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 33532 battles
Baltobern you need to edit your post. Name and shame is verbooten and you might get a ban from forums

BalthbeornGer_Ac #12 Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:13 PM

Private

• Player
  • 2810 battles

View PostJuanCudz, on 18 September 2013 - 02:55 PM, said:

Baltobern you need to edit your post. Name and shame is verbooten and you might get a ban from forums

But destroying a player's game is allowed.

I edited.
Whoever wants to learn who this guy is send me a PM.

IPaul72 #13 Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:55 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 8123 battles

View PostBalthbeornGer_Ac, on 17 September 2013 - 07:29 PM, said:

A player form my team push me over the cliff intentionally. As a result, i died doing absolutely nothing and my 1st victory of the day was a dissaster.
This system seems so unfair. A guy comes and out of the blue he completely destroys your game! I believe this behavior should result in a permaban.
I reported him, but will they do anything to him?
Hello there BalthbeornGer_Ac
I assure you if it is unfair play something will be done and action will be taken.
However, the way that Wargaming operates and just about every other gaming company, means they will not disclose specific information on the punishment the player receives for breaking the rules.
Kind Regards
IPaul72

majorclanger #14 Posted 19 September 2013 - 04:21 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 38150 battles
  • [BULL] BULL

View Postmajorclanger, on 18 September 2013 - 09:46 AM, said:

Sending in a ticket is a waste of time, I've tried twice and got the same automated response which was of no relevence to what I'd explained.
Hah, one of the platoon that prompted me to send in my second ticket just popped up in my team. After reminding him several times who I was and what his platoon had done I drove up behind him when he was peek-a-booing in his Panther2 and watched him disappear in a puff of smoke.
People that annoy you so much that you
(a) send in a ticket and
(b) you remember them
deserve such treatment

Arty_Loves_You #15 Posted 21 September 2013 - 10:08 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 33869 battles

View PostIPaul72, on 18 September 2013 - 04:55 PM, said:

Hello there BalthbeornGer_Ac
I assure you if it is unfair play something will be done and action will be taken.
However, the way that Wargaming operates and just about every other gaming company, means they will not disclose specific information on the punishment the player receives for breaking the rules.
Kind Regards
IPaul72

Rules. in order to be recognized as rules, need to be seen to be enforced. I 100% believe that action is taken in every instance, however, the players perception of this is poor.

I did something about feedback loops at school (See Miss Entwhistle!! I'm not just a waster I lernt summing) where in order to prevent a person from acting a certain way you needed to ensure the loop was connected.

If the player base 'SEE' no action then the loop, for them, has missed.

This is, ans always will be, an issue.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users