Object 416

• Please log in to reply
229 replies to this topic

gartenmaster #221 Posted 24 January 2016 - 11:35 AM

Private

• Player
  • 19349 battles
I have obj.416, and I lke it very much because of its DPM, but I didn't expect armor is soo bad. My armor effectiveness on that tank is 0.15. I couldn't believe even small tiers like chafee and elc bis penetrate him everywhere. Note: side scraping or hull-down will never help you. I succeed to block IS-3 shoot in side scraping (or side bouncing)  when I was about +-3/4 degrees in side, everything more than that will most probably penetrate you...

thedab #222 Posted 19 February 2016 - 09:27 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 44811 battles
the best tier 8 ingame,and so far it been a very good line to down.

hawkmoo #223 Posted 18 March 2016 - 11:59 AM

Private

• Player
  • 42402 battles
  • [-4DC-] -4DC-

Anyone noticed a change in obj 416 since the 9.14 release?

Seems to me that one of my favourite tanks has suddenly turned to rubbish, can't seem to do anything in it now, may be me I suppose but seems a big change in effectiveness.

MR_FIAT #224 Posted 27 March 2016 - 09:53 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 20423 battles
  • [_RBP_] _RBP_

This stockgrind is doing my head in, the stock 100mm is the biggest pile of dogsh*t i ever have to endure. i REALY hope this tank becomes playable with the topgun.

i find this so awfull to play that i rarely take it out not even for daily doubles i just cant bring myself to grind that ridicilous XP requirement of the topgun.

Codis172 #225 Posted 28 March 2016 - 09:17 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 31693 battles

View PostMR_FIAT, on 27 March 2016 - 09:53 PM, said:

This stockgrind is doing my head in, the stock 100mm is the biggest pile of dogsh*t i ever have to endure. i REALY hope this tank becomes playable with the topgun.

i find this so awfull to play that i rarely take it out not even for daily doubles i just cant bring myself to grind that ridicilous XP requirement of the topgun.

You should try to play the E50 when stock, one of the hardest grinds ever with the horrendous little stock gun. Be warned ;-)

Isharial #226 Posted 28 March 2016 - 02:43 PM

Major

• Player
  • 21675 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

its a good tank, but situational, and pointless against anything with a howitzer (O-HO, arty etc..)

it can snipe, but depression means you have to sit in the open a lot, not possible with teams in randoms though

best play is like a giant flat spotter than runs around like a headless chicken... or atleast I do best doing that....

View Posthawkmoo, on 18 March 2016 - 11:59 AM, said:

Anyone noticed a change in obj 416 since the 9.14 release?

Seems to me that one of my favourite tanks has suddenly turned to rubbish, can't seem to do anything in it now, may be me I suppose but seems a big change in effectiveness.

I have noticed its considerably slower from standstill to top speed since the update, couldn't even keep up with T-43... on flat ground :amazed:

traverse seems better, turret limits use of it in any practical engagement though, which means its kinda useless

I just run it with optics and bino's now and try getting spotter medals...

los_lobo #227 Posted 12 April 2016 - 02:25 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 36638 battles
  • [BO-OB] BO-OB

My 2 cents, 

First time I met obj 416 it ended in blood and tears. I rage sold it back than and hated it so much (whined about it a lot to a wot friend). Than after some time I bought  it back, on a 30% off, and never looked back again. I went for the turret first than for the gun. I kinda always do that. 

Why do I love this tank, well where to start...

Gun:

Awesome pen and dmg for it's tier and will make you competitive in any setting. Reloads like a machine gun and when it hits, well they always think twice about charging you. Precision is more than fine and I never noticed the aim time, it is good enough. Precision on the move is great. Gun depression, never cared for that much, if a tank has it cool if not who gives a flying fook about it. Only thing is low ammo count(if a team is week and you must carry it can be a problem, and you can CARRY a match in this tank).

For those who are fine with magic ammo this beast has like 330mm pen with it's magic bullet.

Cammo: 

This thing makes ELC stand out like a school bus :). I managed to shot and stay covered from like 100 meters and less, passive spot is a thing I like to do a lot when bottom tier and TD mode in this thing is wonderful. Your cammo on the move is impressive for a med tank. If you have good map knowledge and some balls you can get to some very unusual places and make marry hell. I was called cheater, hacker and whatnot cause they could simply not see me while I was fireing at them.

Looks and armor : 

Armor, although non existent, has some rules to it. You'll often be bounced if you are hull down and in the distance or if you are face hugging\circle of death-ing someone. I survived more than a dozen  times by doing it bold and in their face. I often red about ppl complaining about turret rotation, I never had the problem with that to be frank. 

And last but not least, it looks like something Grim Reaper would drive around. 

Warmly recommending it.

Edited by los_lobo, 14 April 2016 - 10:18 PM.

Obsessive_Compulsive #228 Posted 12 April 2016 - 02:33 PM

General

• Player
  • 28436 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-

View Postlos_lobo, on 12 April 2016 - 02:25 PM, said:

My 2 cents, 

First time I met obj 416 it ended in blood and tears. I rage sold it back than and hated it so much (whined about it a lot to a wot friend). Than after some time I bought  it again on a 30% off, and never looked back again. I went for the turret first than for the gun. I kinda always do that. 

Why do I love this tank, well where to start...

Gun:

Awesome pen and dmg for it's tier and will make you competitive in any setting. Reloads like a machine gun and when it hits, well they always think twice about charging you. Precision is more than fine and I never noticed the aim time, it is good enough. Precision on the move is great. Gun depression, never cared for that much, if a tank has it cool if not who gives a flying fook about it. Only thing is low ammo count(if a team is week and you must carry it can be a problem, and you can CARRY a match in this tank).

For those who are fine with magic ammo this beast has like 330mm pen with it's magic bullet.

Cammo: 

This thing makes ELC stand out like a school bus :). I managed to shot and stay covered from like 100 meters and less, passive spot is a thing I like to do a lot when bottom tier. TD mode in this thing is wonderful. Your cammo on the move is impressive for a med tank. If you have good map knowledge and some balls you can get to some very unusual places and make marry hell. I was called cheater, hacker and whatnot cause they could simply not see me while I was firring at them.

Looks and armor : 

Armor, although non existent has some rules to it. You will be often bounced if you are hull down and in the distance and if you are face hugging\circle of death-ing someone. I survived more than a dozen  times by doing it bold and in their face. I often red about ppl complaining about turret rotation, I never had the problem with that to be frank. 

And last but not least it looks like something Grim Reaper would drive around. 

Warmly recommending it.

ELC has better camo rating but not by much. stationary and after firing. either way the camo rating is insane. I remember a game on fiery salient where I was alone on the 1,2 line vs 4 tanks. I manged to bush snipe and reverse for 9 shots and decimated them.

los_lobo #229 Posted 14 April 2016 - 07:30 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 36638 battles
  • [BO-OB] BO-OB

ELC part is a joke, therefore a :) But still, it's cammo is not much better than OBJ's when stationary.

Muishond11 #230 Posted 04 May 2016 - 08:55 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 9130 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM
It's an amazing tank and probably one of my favourite tanks in the game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users