1138 replies to this topic

Omegaice #1 Posted 20 September 2013 - 04:01 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 6539 battles
  • [-BBK-] -BBK-

POPULAR

ReceivedDamage Announcer

I found myself playing some platoon battles and one of my squad mates was shot, due to the way the game works we had to wait until the end of the game to work out who was the team attacker. I decided from this to try and write a mod that announces to the team who actually attacked you during the game. During the development I actually found out that the server reports every bit of damage that happens in the game and so I also added a message (only visible to you) of who, and what tank, shot you. This is useful as it will tell you who shot you, even if they have not been spotted.

I will NOT be implementing a chat message when you are hit by gold rounds. I do not want to add to the spam already in the game.

If you are using someone else's mod that incorporates mine, please report problems to them. I don't really want this discussion filled with problems and support for other mods. If you are using my mod as part of a pack or your own mod, please send me an email with a link to your forum post and I will add a it to a list at the bottom of this post.

Features

• Announces to the team who damaged you and how much when a team mate attacks you
  • Displays a message when you are hit of who attacked you
  • Displays a message when you bounce an enemy's shot with information about them
  • Gold Round Detector

To Be Implemented
  • Crew or Module damage
  • GUI Hitlog
  • Platoon Mode
    • Announce to squad mates

Change Log
  • v2.4
    • Upgraded to work with 0.9.3

Spoiler

Configuration
The mod is configured via the vehicle_damage.json file in res_mods/0.8.8/scripts/client.

Firstly the "hit_message" enabled option turns on or off the message when an enemy player hits your tank.

The "team_announce" enabled option turns on or off the announcing to your team feature, and the "team_announce" min_damage option controls how much damage is required before it announces to the team. This is done so that if people nudge you and do a small amount of damage you do not spam your team.

Both "hit_message" and "team_announce" now have a format option which allows you to customize the message. The insertable data items are:

• {{user}} - Attacker Username
  • {{tier}} - Tank Tier
  • {{reload}} - Enemy Time to Reload
  • {{tank_long}} - Long Tank Name
  • {{tank_short}} - Short Tank Name
  • {{damage}} - Damage Recieved
  • {{cur_health}} - Enemy's Current Health
  • {{max_health}} - Enemy's Maximum Health
  • {{shell_type}} - Shell Type
  • {{if_shell_gold}}...{{endif}} - Inserts text between them if shell type is a gold round
  • {{c:shell}} - Shell Color Variable
  • {{shot_delay}} - Shortest time before an enemy can shoot, either clip_delay for semi/autoloaders or reload for normal tanks.
  • {{clip_size}} - Maximum amount of clips
  • {{burst_size}} - Maximum amount of ammo per clip
  • {{clip_delay}} - Reload time of all clips
  • {{burst_delay}} - Reload time of each shot within the clip
  • {{damage_roll}} - Percentage damage roll compared to average shell damage +-25%
  • {{shell_cost}} - Cost of shell
  • {{shell_penetration}} - Average penetration of the shell

All varables can now be postfixed to make limit their space to a fixed size. For example, you may want the damage variable to always take up 4 characters even if they only did 10 damage, to do this you would use {{damage:4}} as your variable. This allows for consistent formatting.
You can use HTML formatting in hit_announce's format section. However, you can NOT use HTML in team_announce's formatting.

Download (EU)

http://adf.ly/sMWCN

http://www.mediafire.com/download/fg77nrds0e90g8x/ReceivedDamage-EU-v2.4.zip

Download (NA)

http://adf.ly/sMWEm

http://www.mediafire.com/download/5ekdcutidpjynko/ReceivedDamage-NA-v2.4.zip

Screenshots
Left: Enemy Hit, Right: Friendly Hit

Edited by Omegaice, 25 September 2014 - 11:17 PM.

Markx97 #2 Posted 20 September 2013 - 04:16 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 10572 battles
  • [FALLN] FALLN

View PostOmegaice, on 20 September 2013 - 04:01 PM, said:

This is useful as it will tell you who shot you, even if they have not been spotted.

Isn't that illegal?

Omegaice #3 Posted 20 September 2013 - 04:27 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 6539 battles
  • [-BBK-] -BBK-
As I said, the server reports these values to the game client. If it's illegal I would assume that they would only send hits that hit your tank or tanks that were visible to you.
Also, the only extra information this mod gives you over the current game is the tank type that shot you. At the moment, people predict this based off of damage.

Edited by Omegaice, 20 September 2013 - 04:32 PM.

lgfrbcsgo #4 Posted 20 September 2013 - 04:43 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 24327 battles
  • [JUMB0] JUMB0
It sounds awesome, but can we have some screenshots?

Regards

Omegaice #5 Posted 20 September 2013 - 04:51 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 6539 battles
  • [-BBK-] -BBK-

View Postlgfrbcsgo, on 20 September 2013 - 04:43 PM, said:

It sounds awesome, but can we have some screenshots?

Sure, I will try and get some together today.

Grandorf #6 Posted 20 September 2013 - 05:02 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 13329 battles
This is awesome!
Would be great if you could get it incorporated into the Damagepanels hitlog.
Another colour for the messages would otherwise be great.

:playing:

FeuerSturm91 #7 Posted 20 September 2013 - 05:10 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 11708 battles
Here's a screenshot, works perfect, thanks a bunch Omegaice!

http://www.feuerstur.../hitmessage.png

I'd like to request some kind of "permanent hitlog" as well, that would be beautiful!

Great job anyways!

Omegaice #8 Posted 20 September 2013 - 05:12 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 6539 battles
  • [-BBK-] -BBK-

View PostGrandorf, on 20 September 2013 - 05:02 PM, said:

Would be great if you could get it incorporated into the Damagepanels hitlog.
I am not sure how easy this is. I have never done any work on mods with the GUI elements side of things, I only change the python files.

View PostGrandorf, on 20 September 2013 - 05:02 PM, said:

Another colour for the messages would otherwise be great.
I will look into this, I agree that at the moment it can be confused with normal chat.

rain2reign #9 Posted 20 September 2013 - 05:14 PM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 14469 battles
First off +1
Second i have tested this mod and i must say Thanks for bringing this to the community. It's amazing what it does easy to turn on/off the preferred settings (which is 2 atm). I am eager to see how it turns out.  :teethhappy:
another fanboy joined the circle :)
Cheers mate,
rain2reign
Suggestion:
  • Hitlog (damaged received hitlog) something i have been looking for quite sometime. I know it's out there, just haven't found the one yet that i like aside from this one :D
A hit log would be very usefull alongside it. It is basicly a hitlog, but that you can keep it on your screen next to your minimap for example. With that i think it would be perfect.  :glasses:
  • Different modes
Option for platoon only damage announcer. So only you and your platoon only can view the damage announcer (if possible).
  • Change of message color
Instead of green that you can either choose the color yourself or make the color white by default and if you are in a platoon that the color is the default orange. This is so it sticks out in the chat with all the spam and talk sometimes.

Edited by rain2reign, 20 September 2013 - 05:16 PM.

Aslain #10 Posted 20 September 2013 - 05:23 PM

First Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 14535 battles
  • [KDS] KDS
Would be good if you can make messages to linger a little longer on the screen, or add it to the config, and separate tank name from nick name. Currently it's name(tank), make it name (tank). By the way it these info is sent to client, then I see no reason to not make a damagepanel with damage taken log + player (tank) name. That would be truely awesome.

Edited by Aslain, 20 September 2013 - 05:25 PM.

Omegaice #11 Posted 20 September 2013 - 05:52 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 6539 battles
  • [-BBK-] -BBK-

View Postrain2reign, on 20 September 2013 - 05:14 PM, said:

Option for platoon only damage announcer. So only you and your platoon only can view the damage announcer (if possible).
I like this idea, I will try and add this feature if I can.

View Postrain2reign, on 20 September 2013 - 05:14 PM, said:

Change of message color
This will be in the next version, I found out how to do it and it will be configurable.

I believe I can also add user customizable messages, what parameters would you everyone want to be able to use. At the moment, name, clan, damage, tank name and short tank name are things that I can think people may want to use.

ClassicFrog #12 Posted 20 September 2013 - 07:42 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 22126 battles
  • [7ARMD] 7ARMD
Wow, this is very interesting. I was usually guessing who shot me by dmg or in case of critical I could see the name.

Personally, if I had any knowledge how to modify it, I would go with the orange colour with dmg first, bold tank name and smaller font player name in brackets. No need  for full sentences. Also I wouldn't care too much about team damage. It doesn't happen too often and is even less common for damage on purpose. It's just the clean info of what enemy I'm against that matters.

Something like:

231 dmg: Tiger (ClassicFrog)

That's just me of course. :)

Also, if it's possible to enable the broadcast to platoon only it would by default be in orange for them to see, so only colour display for the user would need to be adjusted. And of course it would greatly extend the situational awareness both of the user as well as the whole platoon.

Omegaice #13 Posted 20 September 2013 - 07:47 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 6539 battles
  • [-BBK-] -BBK-

View PostClassicFrog, on 20 September 2013 - 07:42 PM, said:

Personally, if I had any knowledge how to modify it, I would go with the orange colour with dmg first, bold tank name and smaller font player name in brackets. No need  for full sentences.
Next version will have user editable messages and colors.

View PostClassicFrog, on 20 September 2013 - 07:42 PM, said:

Also, if it's possible to enable the broadcast to platoon only it would by default be in orange for them to see, so only colour display for the user would need to be adjusted. And of course it would greatly extend the situational awareness both of the user as well as the whole platoon.
I am looking into this at the moment.

ClassicFrog #14 Posted 20 September 2013 - 07:53 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 22126 battles
  • [7ARMD] 7ARMD
One more question, do 0 damage (a bounce or ricochet) hits would also be tracked and reveal who made a shot?

Edited by ClassicFrog, 20 September 2013 - 07:53 PM.

Omegaice #15 Posted 20 September 2013 - 08:51 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 6539 battles
  • [-BBK-] -BBK-

View PostClassicFrog, on 20 September 2013 - 07:53 PM, said:

One more question, do 0 damage (a bounce or ricochet) hits would also be tracked and reveal who made a shot?
No, only shots that actually damage produce the message. The function I hooked into was called onHealthChanged.

Failchilles #16 Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:09 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 15490 battles
  • [3VS27] 3VS27

View PostOmegaice, on 20 September 2013 - 08:51 PM, said:

No, only shots that actually damage produce the message. The function I hooked into was called onHealthChanged.
Maybe its possible to find information about critical damage? (Shots which damaged gun/tracks/viewports without dealing actual dmg to the tank).

DarthWanderer #17 Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:31 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 17904 battles
  • [BIA-5] BIA-5
looks nice, but i am almost sure this will be forbidden, as you present the kind of info user can not get from game by any standard means... it gives sense you do not know who shot you if the vehicle was not spotted yet...

ClassicFrog #18 Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:41 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 22126 battles
  • [7ARMD] 7ARMD

View PostDarthWanderer, on 20 September 2013 - 09:31 PM, said:

looks nice, but i am almost sure this will be forbidden, as you present the kind of info user can not get from game by any standard means... it gives sense you do not know who shot you if the vehicle was not spotted yet...
Well, perhaps it would be better to send a question about it to some wg employee to get a clarification before more effort is being put into developing the mod, just in case.

View PostFailchilles, on 20 September 2013 - 09:09 PM, said:

Maybe its possible to find information about critical damage? (Shots which damaged gun/tracks/viewports without dealing actual dmg to the tank).
But the client already tells you who did critical damage to your tank.

Edited by ClassicFrog, 20 September 2013 - 09:43 PM.

Omegaice #19 Posted 20 September 2013 - 10:01 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 6539 battles
  • [-BBK-] -BBK-

View PostDarthWanderer, on 20 September 2013 - 09:31 PM, said:

The only new information that this gives you is the name of the person and the tank. I don't belive that this is game changing information because, when you get hit, you can guess at the tank type anyway.

Omegaice #20 Posted 20 September 2013 - 10:07 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 6539 battles
  • [-BBK-] -BBK-
The main post has been updated with version 0.4. This version introduces coloring of the hit messages and user specified text for both hit messages and team attack messages.

Also tagged with damage, teamattack, gold, 0.9, 0.9.3

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users