War of thunder vs Wot

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
34 replies to this topic

Panzar_Bengt #1 Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:57 PM

Private

• Player
  • 2015 battles
Well first of all i think Wot is a great game but really the game mechanic have stalled. It seams like wargaming is happy where they are and not changing  adding game modes. Exept arty buffs or arty nerf..
Personaly i think  that war  thunder is welcomed addition.
Reason 1 Wot have been out for years and that have giving their competioners a couple of years to analyze what wargaming did right and what they did wrong.
Reason 2 Pay to win Now i think this will be the major reason why WT take players from Wot. Reputation. Personally i love wot but lets be fair its not exactly open to new players. Fully uprgraded tier 2-3 tanks with gold-silver ammo will not exacly encourage new gamers to try this game. I have tryed to convince a couple of fiends to play with me but after a while they just give up. Not becuase the game suck but to much is stacked against them in the beginning. And how the hell could they put gold ammo in the beginning is beyond me must be the biggest failure a company has done since blizzard put in a ah in diablo 3.
Reason 3 Make money first a good game second. Grind is good and its fun challenge however i have never played a game that been this unfair to gamers and deliberate puniched gamers for playing it. Sure some stock tank is better but lets face it the only reaso why the grind is so horrendus bad is cos wargaming whant to make money nothing wrong with that  but it becomes a problem when a game will suffer and be looked as a snor fest becouse of it.
So what is your opinion will war thunder apperance make wot better. Will they take away a big crowd from wot or will wot still be the dominating tank game out there
Personaly i think Wot will become a better game cos wargaming have to adapt to the new challenge. And i really think war thunder will be a good addition to us tank players out there,

Edited by Panzar_Bengt, 20 September 2013 - 10:04 PM.

Sargonis #2 Posted 20 September 2013 - 10:13 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 2598 battles
  • [0BST] 0BST
warthunder is not a alternative for me anyway... getting killed by airplanes or warships ? no, thank you
getting shots from artys out of nowhere is enough for me

Edited by _Helmut_, 20 September 2013 - 10:13 PM.

armatage #3 Posted 20 September 2013 - 10:15 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 7636 battles
War Thunder will be less eas... less user frien... less dumb resistant then wot i think, they will have diffrent targets - wot for schoolkids and such, console type players, while WT seems to be more realistic, tactical and stuff.

I dont think this thread will live long enough to write longer posts  :trollface:

Siimcy #4 Posted 20 September 2013 - 10:21 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 21705 battles
World of Tanks > War Thunder, why? WT doesn't even have ground forces yet, and you can't predict how exactly they will operate compared to WoT.

JUDrFeelgood #5 Posted 20 September 2013 - 10:21 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 19951 battles
Right now - WT is pay to win (crew XP can be bought by money to haleluyah - in WoT you can buy only gold primary specialization, not skills). This is why I play WoT, it is one of the best games in terms free to play, not pay to win. I never spent a single money for WoT and still I can do good. I won some tanks, I won some golds, I use silver premium ammo sometimes. And this is good.

I couldnt do so well in any other free to play game (pay to win)

Goodluck, yours Feelgood

Panzar_Bengt #6 Posted 20 September 2013 - 10:22 PM

Private

• Player
  • 2015 battles

View Post_Helmut_, on 20 September 2013 - 10:13 PM, said:

warthunder is not a alternative for me anyway... getting killed by airplanes or warships ? no, thank you
getting shots from artys out of nowhere is enough for me
  I think they have tanks only gameplay

Sargonis #7 Posted 20 September 2013 - 10:38 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 2598 battles
  • [0BST] 0BST

View PostPanzar_Bengt, on 20 September 2013 - 10:22 PM, said:

I think they have tanks only gameplay

well...  they plan to have all verhicles on one big map... so be prepared to getting shot by airplanes :D

XP1500Monster #8 Posted 20 September 2013 - 10:39 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 4978 battles
Well you know you are comparing arcade (wot) vs. more sim/realism (WT).
We have to wait until the WT ground forces are in beta, then we can begin comparing, right now, we don't know enough about WT.

1BORO1 #9 Posted 20 September 2013 - 10:43 PM

Private

• Player
  • 7008 battles
  • [GSR-D] GSR-D
WT is full pay to win. As for reputation i hate gajin for having stalin inscriptions and constantly events like Russia day, Heroes of Motherland and other russian bias.
And that post where they said that poles charged german tanks with cavalary  :sceptic: . No thanks I stay in wot.

gomolj #10 Posted 20 September 2013 - 10:50 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 25178 battles

View PostPanzar_Bengt, on 20 September 2013 - 09:57 PM, said:

Reason 2 Pay to win Now i think this will be the major reason why WT take players from Wot. Reputation. Personally i love wot but lets be fair its not exactly open to new players. Fully uprgraded tier 2-3 tanks with gold-silver ammo will not exacly encourage new gamers to try this game. I have tryed to convince a couple of fiends to play with me but after a while they just give up. Not becuase the game suck but to much is stacked against them in the beginning. And how the hell could they put gold ammo in the beginning is beyond me must be the biggest failure a company has done since blizzard put in a ah in diablo 3.

Dude, sorry to be blunt, but his statement from you tells me that you really have no idea what you are talking about..

As someone who has played alot of war thunder (Historical battles).. I have reached lvl 13 in USA, USSR and LVL 6 and 7 with UK and Germany.. I can tell you this.. War thunder is so much more Pay to win then World of tanks is or ever was. Just try playing historical battles as the allies and see your teams torn to shreds by a certain 20 euro plane. The FW-190D13 is one of the best prop planes in the game and is sold for 20 euros to everyone, their mother and her dog.

That is like seeing all chinese teams at the hight of of the Type-59 plague, raping everything in their path. In WOT they removed the item from the sale and it was available to both teams. In WT they keep selling the plane and only the germans have them on their team. Historical battles are a one sided slaughter-fest for the germans. That game is balance wise years behind WOT.

You can take germans for a night of Historical battles and win 70% of your games.. Take the Allies and struggle to break 50%.. All that on the back of an overpowerd item sold for real cash available only to one side.  

After the arty nerf in wot and the increased profitability of tier 10's I have left War thunder and never looked back.

BigDov #11 Posted 20 September 2013 - 10:53 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 8319 battles
  • [TXG-F] TXG-F
WT isn't so much pay to win, but pay to play/progress, since they screwed with the economy back in 1.29, once you hit t7/8 the grind really sets in, in terms of both credits and xp, and its not getting any better when instead of playing a plane to get the unlocks, you can just use gold to get it right off the bat, the game promotes using GE to get ahead either through EXP conversion to progress faster 0 thanks to all the free EXP they just throw at you -, gold for silver eagles, thanks to making planes expensive to buy and put into service after grinding for day to unlock them.

One thing WG does tend to have the upper hand on WoT tho, is the gameplay and graphics, WT is a beautiful game, there's no denying that and is better optimised, and the mechanics work better as a whole than some of the mechanics in WoT, really the only thing letting it down is its economy, which for me is much much better in WoT, which is one of the reasons I came back to playing WoT after the disaster that was the 1.29 and 1.31 WT updates.

__Zippy__ #12 Posted 20 September 2013 - 10:54 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 33282 battles
how can you compare a aircraft game to a tank game? wtf

BigDov #13 Posted 20 September 2013 - 11:09 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 8319 battles
  • [TXG-F] TXG-F
you can make comparisons fairly easy like the gameplay, mechanics and economy, just becasue they aren't the same type of game, as they aren't going to change the way they don things just becasue they are making a tank game or vice versa, just look at what WG did with WoWP, it uses the same basic gameplay, mechanics and economy as WoT just with planes in place of the tanks, and no doubt Gaigin will be the same when ground forces are added.

Panzar_Bengt #14 Posted 20 September 2013 - 11:09 PM

Private

• Player
  • 2015 battles

View Postwesty77, on 20 September 2013 - 10:54 PM, said:

how can you compare a aircraft game to a tank game? wtf
They will release ground combat and its not a secret that war thunder destroy world of planes. The question is how will war thunder compare to wot cos after all their is a huge qaulity diffrence if you compare their aircraft games

Darth_Woras #15 Posted 20 September 2013 - 11:10 PM

Major

• Player
  • 62 battles
  • [HOI] HOI
WT - less different tanks, more same tanks, less FPS, more better graphics, less hitpoints, more campfest and etc.

Panzar_Bengt #16 Posted 20 September 2013 - 11:12 PM

Private

• Player
  • 2015 battles

View Postgomolj, on 20 September 2013 - 10:50 PM, said:

Dude, sorry to be blunt, but his statement from you tells me that you really have no idea what you are talking about..

As someone who has played alot of war thunder (Historical battles).. I have reached lvl 13 in USA, USSR and LVL 6 and 7 with UK and Germany.. I can tell you this.. War thunder is so much more Pay to win then World of tanks is or ever was. Just try playing historical battles as the allies and see your teams torn to shreds by a certain 20 euro plane. The FW-190D13 is one of the best prop planes in the game and is sold for 20 euros to everyone, their mother and her dog.

That is like seeing all chinese teams at the hight of of the Type-59 plague, raping everything in their path. In WOT they removed the item from the sale and it was available to both teams. In WT they keep selling the plane and only the germans have them on their team. Historical battles are a one sided slaughter-fest for the germans. That game is balance wise years behind WOT.

You can take germans for a night of Historical battles and win 70% of your games.. Take the Allies and struggle to break 50%.. All that on the back of an overpowerd item sold for real cash available only to one side.  

After the arty nerf in wot and the increased profitability of tier 10's I have left War thunder and never looked back.
doesent change the fact that they have no problem playing war thunder when they have giving up on wot 7 friends have quite who i have tryed to get into wot. The fact of the matter is that war thunder aircraft part is easier to get into. Now if they do the same with the tank part i think wot will have a problem

brick128 #17 Posted 20 September 2013 - 11:34 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 29702 battles
If there is one really free to play game around it is WoT.

Mech warrior. If you pay, you get significantly better mechs than free to play players ever can get.
WT gives their paying players things that majorly improve the planes and not available for no paying players.

In WoT a non paying player can get everything paying players can get. There is nothing that a non paying player can't get by grinding.
It just takes a long time to get it.
The premium vehicles are not better than non premiums of their own type.
Even the so called over powered Type-59 is well balanced.
A friend of mine used to complain about the type being OP till he played one himself. He found it so bad compared to his T-44 that he sold it again.

The thing that make WoT really free to play is that by paying for the game you only decrease your grinding time.
a IS-7 bought by converting a shitload of gold still is the same IS-7 as the guy has who grinded it for 6 months.

And WG not giving shit about EU community?
We almost got everything we asked for in one way or the other. Not exactly as we hoped, but we got it all.
Tell me something we requested for as a community that was reasonable we didn't get, or at least an explanation why we won't get it?

So WG isn't that horrible like you make it to look.

soolerman #18 Posted 20 September 2013 - 11:35 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24366 battles
One of the big things to remember is that wt have different levels of game. You can play arcade or something much closer to a fight sim game. Wg don’t do this. In fact they don’t even try to do this. Despite there constant climes as to historical accuracy.

So I suspect wt will have tanks in a arcade type game and then tanks in a closer to real type set up. What that will be and the way it will work is anyone’s guess. We can reasonably expect to be allowed to take out more than one tank in each game. As we do with the plains and the maps will be much bigger. Beyond that its all just so much hot air and gossip.

But if wt tanks are any good wg will lose players on mass. Many will go in the sort term just to see what wt have done and there is the problem for wg. Players are fickle and wg’s handling of the player base in the EU has not been good. So this “new flavour of the month” short term shift to wt. Could remove a large number of good players from wot permanently.

A team game without a large and varied player base soon fads. We all know what weekends can be like. Image if wot was like that all the time. Just kids being twits. The game would die and so would the cash cow. As it is wg has clearly done its World of Warplanes on the cheep and it shows. It is also being rushed out way to fast and is still very buggy. Is this wg trying to get ahead of wt? If it is they are not doing a very good job of it.

kikox #19 Posted 20 September 2013 - 11:36 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 17378 battles

View PostPanzar_Bengt, on 20 September 2013 - 09:57 PM, said:

Well first of all i think Wot is a great game but really the game mechanic have stalled. It seams like wargaming is happy where they are and not changing adding game modes. Exept arty buffs or arty nerf..
Personaly i think that war thunder is welcomed addition.
Reason 1 Wot have been out for years and that have giving their competioners a couple of years to analyze what wargaming did right and what they did wrong.
Reason 3 Make money first a good game second. Grind is good and its fun challenge however i have never played a game that been this unfair to gamers and deliberate puniched gamers for playing it. Sure some stock tank is better but lets face it the only reaso why the grind is so horrendus bad is cos wargaming whant to make money nothing wrong with that but it becomes a problem when a game will suffer and be looked as a snor fest becouse of it.
So what is your opinion will war thunder apperance make wot better. Will they take away a big crowd from wot or will wot still be the dominating tank game out there
Personaly i think Wot will become a better game cos wargaming have to adapt to the new challenge. And i really think war thunder will be a good addition to us tank players out there,
War Thunder is probably the only game of these 2 to actually have this if you ask me. WG added the availability to use in-game credits for nearly everything that would give an advantage to people. Premium tanks and premium time aren't P2W as they aren't insta-kill things or something like that. Premium tanks can of course be better than other normal tanks but I'm pretty sure that that is not intentional. Premium tanks are for the credits and XP.
War Thunder has accelerated crew experience and to make things even worse also modules for golden eagles. This is exactly what people think about when they hear P2W and War Thunder has it big time.

View Postarmatage, on 20 September 2013 - 10:15 PM, said:

War Thunder will be less eas... less user frien... less dumb resistant then wot i think, they will have diffrent targets - wot for schoolkids and such, console type players, while WT seems to be more realistic, tactical and stuff.
I dont think this thread will live long enough to write longer posts :trollface:
When i began to play War Thunder this might have been correct but lately all the childish play has also infected WT. Players ram each other for no good reason, kill stealing (that is however encouraged by how the game works right now), team killing for absolutely no good reasons at all, shooting at allies who appears to be behind the enemy they actually wanted to shoot but doesn't care and then there is of course also the grab-a-biplane-and-ram-higher-ranked-planes tactic. As the game is right now i simply can't play it for 5 minutes without raging and quitting. (I can handle around 10 minutes in WoT so that gives me 5 minutes of additional gaming time before rage).

Edited by kikox, 20 September 2013 - 11:40 PM.

BigDov #20 Posted 20 September 2013 - 11:48 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 8319 battles
  • [TXG-F] TXG-F

View Postbrick128, on 20 September 2013 - 11:34 PM, said:

Mech warrior. If you pay, you get significantly better mechs than free to play players ever can get.

Not really true that tho is it? as every mech bar the hero/champion mechs( mechs that have a 30% income/ 10% exp bonus) can be bought for credits, but all the fittings weapons ect ect are all bought with credits, only thing that costs gold is camo's and consumables( there are credit consumables as well with worse stats), and in all my games in mechwarrior I haven't seen consumables being used. If anything mechwarrior is the closest to a proper free to play game, as you really don;t need to pay to enjoy the game, and with no repair bills or ammo bills to worry abou,t only the grind for cash and the experimentation of fittings is what paying for premium brings faster, which is what mechwarrior is all about.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users