What you will get for helping tomatoes

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
63 replies to this topic

PowJay #41 Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:11 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 36046 battles
I lost a Top Gun today because of the stupid rules.

6 kills. 2157 damage. Lose. So, I get 579 XP

Enemy player. 6 kills but only 492 damage. He gets more XP because they win.

Now WHO made that rule??

He could have 6HP damage,  in theory,  but won on XP through spotting,  but the two are NOT connected.

The punchline is, that while I was in an SU-152, he was KV-1S. In total, he only did one good shot worth of damage!

This XP rule needs changing to most damage dealt.

CometF #42 Posted 22 September 2013 - 12:55 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 7450 battles
I just cannot understand how anyone can care about useless medals this much...

Try to justify your actions as much as you like, there's still no difference about yours and the Tiger II's performance in the end battle there. You both are NOT shooting an enemy but instead waiting for a killshot opportunity, I find that rather embarassing.

WoT would be a much better place if no medals of any kind would exist. Remove ALL of them and watch the overall gameplay rise, instead of teamkilling to prevent teammates shooting at enemies (which I found both hilarious and terrifying that this kind of behaviour is actually being promoted as good teamplay by so many here in this thread)...  :ohmy:

Greennovis #43 Posted 22 September 2013 - 01:42 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 12171 battles
  • [1CAS] 1CAS
Dont tell me about tomato players. Yearsterday i played with my at 15 at serene coast and we was wining 9 : 3 i was under heavy fire be theier Ferdinand and su152 so i was backing and backing trying to dang as much shots as i can. Then after i hid myself i see the score and its 9 : 13.   So 4 enemy tanks killed 10 teammates while both their tds was focused at me. And its like this aslmost every game.

Acid_Penguin #44 Posted 22 September 2013 - 01:54 PM

Private

• Player
  • 4523 battles
Has nothing to do with the guy being a 'tomato'. During all the recent 'kill x tanks' missions I've seen plenty of higher rated and especially clan players behaving in exactly the same way, even worse that they do it before a battle is actually won. Can't even be bothered to remember the number of times I took a ton of damage dealing with an enemy while some 55%+ guy hid behind cover and waited til he could one shot the target before popping out, lots of lame people in this game.

Element6 #45 Posted 22 September 2013 - 03:11 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 29816 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postysk, on 22 September 2013 - 03:29 AM, said:

If you know better feel free to show it on battle field. Learn F basics of the game and stop spreading wisdom on forums.. PLEASE... 1 less tomato for better tomorrow...

What I know better, and that OP should know too, is not related to what he needs to do on the battlefield. It is related to whining on the forum. Bit of a difference there I'd say...

One of the reasons this situation came to be is that WG has missions out that require certain conditions to be met. That means that the last tank in question could be required for both players in order to fulfill mission goals. OP elevates himslef above the tomato because he thinks that right to that kill is his, and his alone. He argues that he will not help another tomato player again, in a team effort game, while at the same time claims he should have TK'd his own team mate so he could get that kill and the TG badge. He is just as selfish as the tomato that "stole" his kill.

Now for the real brainer;

If we remove all tomatoes so that we are just left with green and cyan players...how easy do you think it will be to get a Top Gun badge then? Do you think your chances would increase? Think again. Getting rid of all the tomatoes wouldn't make your day one bit better :)

ysk #46 Posted 22 September 2013 - 03:25 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 41125 battles

View PostElement6, on 22 September 2013 - 03:11 PM, said:

If we remove all tomatoes so that we are just left with green and cyan players...how easy do you think it will be to get a Top Gun badge then? Do you think your chances would increase? Think again. Getting rid of all the tomatoes wouldn't make your day one bit better :)

I don't care about top gun badge... And it would make my day a bit better... Because I would be able to play normal games in randoms as well ;)

joyuesp #47 Posted 22 September 2013 - 03:45 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 52166 battles
  • [KAZNA] KAZNA

View PostElement6, on 22 September 2013 - 03:11 PM, said:

What I know better, and that OP should know too, is not related to what he needs to do on the battlefield. It is related to whining on the forum. Bit of a difference there I'd say...

One of the reasons this situation came to be is that WG has missions out that require certain conditions to be met. That means that the last tank in question could be required for both players in order to fulfill mission goals. OP elevates himslef above the tomato because he thinks that right to that kill is his, and his alone. He argues that he will not help another tomato player again, in a team effort game, while at the same time claims he should have TK'd his own team mate so he could get that kill and the TG badge. He is just as selfish as the tomato that "stole" his kill.

it seems you dont understand basic english, but if someone saves your [edited]the least you do is trying to backstab him the next minute.

i wouldnt care not geting a top gun again if they make the game more challenging instead of filled with mentally challenged....

Sisarot #48 Posted 22 September 2013 - 03:45 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 4907 battles

View PostSABAOTH, on 21 September 2013 - 02:10 PM, said:

Probably they think kills will give them credits (which is not)

It does? (Not that im a killstealer)

Venatacia #49 Posted 22 September 2013 - 03:47 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 34396 battles
"What you will get for helping tomatoes"

More tomatoes.

Belajasm3rt #50 Posted 22 September 2013 - 03:59 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 9326 battles
You the OP is one of those high matchcount princess' who wants last kills handed to them, because they "earned" it... You deserve it by killing the right amount of enemies required, not by others serving you the kills.
And you started to insult that Tiger2 player also, very very low in my opinion over a medal which you have already 309, why get so stressed about missing your 310th? How many out of those 309 Topguns are princess ones?
And like many other have said, its a bit twofaced to first complain about lack of teamplay because your kill was "stolen" and then few posts later say you would dive down to douchebag levels and in future even teamkill to get your "earned" medals... Thats, you know, not quite lame, its quite fking lame and I think you should take a break from this game.
And since you will 100% surely go check out my stats like any other portuguese player and laugh and insult me over my low match count and mere win ratio and average amount of medals and such, I will save you the work. I have this far got 1 Pools medal, 4 Radleys, 1 Oskins, 2 Lehväslaihos, 1 De Langlades , 2 Pascuccis, 36 topguns, 96 snipers and 26 confederate medals in 4,2k matches. Nothing to specifically mention about, but anyway.
My Pools medal was earned in pretty tight situation, me and another tank racing for the last enemy, me getting there first, firing straight away, then my teammate doing the same. After that I got another shot in because I had faster reloading gun but not killing the enemy. At that point it was one shot kill to each of us and I was counting that thanks to his reload speed we should be reloaded about the same time... I dont know if he delayed that last shot on purpose but anyway, I got the kill and my first Pools medal. But I got it by EARNING it, not asking or whining for my team to hand it to me, and at least not insulting them over it. If that shot delay was intentional on my teammates, its because of his own will to cease from firing to that target and giving me the kill and that way being friendly unselfish enough player to do it. But it certainly wasnt asked or whined for, not even at the point of a 8 kill Radleys...
So if you want to stand out in matches, which your stats alone already kinda do, do it by playing well and EARNING your status, not assume it just because of your stats... Its like Michael Wittman, Kurt Knispel, Otto Carius, Johannes Bölter and many many tank aces wouldve asked his tank company to save those kills for him so that he could become a highly recognized tank ace. No, they EARNED their reputation...

Edited by Belajasm3rt, 22 September 2013 - 04:24 PM.

Element6 #51 Posted 23 September 2013 - 01:02 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 29816 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postjoyuesp, on 22 September 2013 - 03:45 PM, said:

it seems you dont understand basic english, but if someone saves your [edited]the least you do is trying to backstab him the next minute.

i wouldnt care not geting a top gun again if they make the game more challenging instead of filled with mentally challenged....
I understand basic english, and I understand that in real life it is not normal to backstab someone who just helped you. I even understand that the common courtesy of IRL doesn't apply when WG launches missions that encourage in-house competition in the teams for battle rewards, something that in cases like this is counter productive when it comes to team effort. Both OP and the Tiger behaved, IMHO, like retards in that end scene. For the 20k+ vet to whine on the forums about it afterwards is just silly. That's what I meant when I said he should know better.

It is a game, people won't behave like in real life, especially if there are rewards to be had.

Kvaak #52 Posted 23 September 2013 - 01:11 AM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 13483 battles

View PostBelajasm3rt, on 22 September 2013 - 03:59 PM, said:

You the OP is one of those high matchcount princess' who wants last kills handed to them, because they "earned" it... You deserve it by killing the right amount of enemies required, not by others serving you the kills.
And you started to insult that Tiger2 player also, very very low in my opinion over a medal which you have already 309, why get so stressed about missing your 310th? How many out of those 309 Topguns are princess ones?
And like many other have said, its a bit twofaced to first complain about lack of teamplay because your kill was "stolen" and then few posts later say you would dive down to douchebag levels and in future even teamkill to get your "earned" medals... Thats, you know, not quite lame, its quite fking lame and I think you should take a break from this game.
And since you will 100% surely go check out my stats like any other portuguese player and laugh and insult me over my low match count and mere win ratio and average amount of medals and such, I will save you the work. I have this far got 1 Pools medal, 4 Radleys, 1 Oskins, 2 Lehväslaihos, 1 De Langlades , 2 Pascuccis, 36 topguns, 96 snipers and 26 confederate medals in 4,2k matches. Nothing to specifically mention about, but anyway.
My Pools medal was earned in pretty tight situation, me and another tank racing for the last enemy, me getting there first, firing straight away, then my teammate doing the same. After that I got another shot in because I had faster reloading gun but not killing the enemy. At that point it was one shot kill to each of us and I was counting that thanks to his reload speed we should be reloaded about the same time... I dont know if he delayed that last shot on purpose but anyway, I got the kill and my first Pools medal. But I got it by EARNING it, not asking or whining for my team to hand it to me, and at least not insulting them over it. If that shot delay was intentional on my teammates, its because of his own will to cease from firing to that target and giving me the kill and that way being friendly unselfish enough player to do it. But it certainly wasnt asked or whined for, not even at the point of a 8 kill Radleys...
So if you want to stand out in matches, which your stats alone already kinda do, do it by playing well and EARNING your status, not assume it just because of your stats... Its like Michael Wittman, Kurt Knispel, Otto Carius, Johannes Bölter and many many tank aces wouldve asked his tank company to save those kills for him so that he could become a highly recognized tank ace. No, they EARNED their reputation...
So basically you got your Pool's because your teammate handed it to you whereas OP got his top gun taken because the KT wanted the kill and refused to shoot. Look at the replay, OP was reloading the moment the KT came in.
I couldn't really care less about badges or medals or achievements or whatever and I find the drama in this thread silly but there's no denying the fact the KT was an utter douche. If your gun is loaded and there's an enemy to shoot then shoot.
OP didn't ask for the top gun (initially), he could've grabbed it if the KT had shot the moment he came in but instead the KT decided to wait until he could grab the kill. Similar behavior in your situation would've meant the other guy would've just waited until he could finish the enemy off after you brought him low. You didn't earn your Pool's any more than OP earned his top gun in this case, you just didn't run into a douche who wanted to take it away from you. Not to mention saving that KT a minute earlier.
E: Actually scrap that, OP did delay his shot when the KT came in. Even in the worst case scenario the KT was no better than OP and if your teammate had acted like him you would've never got that Pool's.

Edited by Kvaak, 23 September 2013 - 02:01 AM.

Cpt_Kawa #53 Posted 23 September 2013 - 01:37 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 30038 battles

View PostBelajasm3rt, on 22 September 2013 - 03:59 PM, said:

I think you deserve the medal for the BS post of the week. Really haven't read such BS in quite a while here and there is a lot of really stupid stuff been posted every day.

MkH #54 Posted 23 September 2013 - 01:40 AM

Major

• Player
  • 37697 battles
  • [NOOSE] NOOSE
Similar game from me in some regards:
http://wotreplays.co...f-mkh-leopard_1
I practically singlehandedly carried the team to victory, saving the T-62A from the T110E4, only to have him deny me Pool's medal. I might have waited for him to fire on the Object 212 first to get the kill myself, but never in my life I imagined him to be such a douchenozzle.
I would never "steal" an epic achievement from another player, if I was having a barely average round myself. I will always ask a player with 7 kills, if he wants Radley-Walter's - let alone a player with 9 kills.
Well, suppose that was my fault. Should have let the E4 kill him first, and the get the E4 while he was reloading.

Edited by MkH, 23 September 2013 - 01:42 AM.

Kvaak #55 Posted 23 September 2013 - 01:48 AM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 13483 battles

View PostMkH, on 23 September 2013 - 01:40 AM, said:

I practically singlehandedly carried the team to victory, saving the T-62A from the T110E4, only to have him deny me Pool's medal. I might have waited for him to fire on the Object 212 first to get the kill myself, but never in my life I imagined him to be such a douchenozzle.
I would never "steal" an epic achievement from another player, if I was having a barely average round myself. I will always ask a player with 7 kills, if he wants Radley-Walter's - let alone a player with 9 kills.
Well, suppose that was my fault. Should have let the E4 kill him first, and the get the E4 while he was reloading.
IMHO the crucial difference is the fact the 62A wasn't clearly planning on stealing that kill from you by waiting until you shoot, when you popped your first shot he didn't even have a line of fire. It's also possible he didn't even know what a "pools" is, nor did he notice you had 9 kills. He just saw an enemy and shot at it as soon as possible, unlike the KT in OP's replay who was clearly intent on grabbing that kill from the start.
No offense but it's just a shiny badge, I don't understand why people are so obsessed with them. If someone asks me if he can grab an epic achievement I'll allow it (unless I have a really pressing reason not to). If not I'll just find the nearest enemy and shoot it.

Edited by Kvaak, 23 September 2013 - 01:57 AM.

FootballFan #56 Posted 23 September 2013 - 01:53 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 23482 battles

View PostMkH, on 23 September 2013 - 01:40 AM, said:

That t62a should platoon with tomato Tiger 2. That was pretty sad. Also need to say that was pretty damn good battle on you part

HowTheStoryEnds #57 Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:10 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24695 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
That sucked, I at times also miss to see that a player has 5 kills already but this top gun opportunity was announced in chat so that makes it hard to miss at all.  :mellow:

FootballFan, somewhat of a stupid question: in your replay you scroll a lot back and forth between the zoom modes. (almost constantly between just in fps and just out of it in 3th person view) Is there something behind that? Does it make you aim/react better? I know it's a silly question but the scrolling back and forth was a bit weird so I wondered wether there'd be purpose behind it or wether it was just your preferred style of play.

SuperOlsson #58 Posted 23 September 2013 - 06:57 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 21343 battles
  • [E-5OM] E-5OM

View PostAcid_Penguin, on 22 September 2013 - 01:54 PM, said:

Has nothing to do with the guy being a 'tomato'. During all the recent 'kill x tanks' missions I've seen plenty of higher rated and especially clan players behaving in exactly the same way, even worse that they do it before a battle is actually won. Can't even be bothered to remember the number of times I took a ton of damage dealing with an enemy while some 55%+ guy hid behind cover and waited til he could one shot the target before popping out, lots of lame people in this game.

Goes both ways, sometimes i actually see 4-5 tanks waiting for me like scavengers ~15 seconds to get around the corner just to get a final blow at the last enemy and take out 400 of his last 500 hitpoints. Kind of cute, actually. Still i dont find the killstealing that annoying, since i mostly care about doing damage. So in many cases i like it when they just sit back and let me do the work, thats one less annoying tank in my way, worst part though is when they go for around the corner for the final blow, die and block the path where i was fighting.

//SuperOlsson

the_ultimate_punisher #59 Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:52 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 17919 battles

View PostMaxTroll, on 21 September 2013 - 01:59 PM, said:

Kill the Tiger first?
edit: wouldn't work
double edit: block the tiger's shot then kill the T1

off course it would work. how I know? hehe wink wink

Ullakkomorko #60 Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:03 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 11812 battles
  • [HKI] HKI

View PostHowTheStoryEnds, on 23 September 2013 - 02:10 AM, said:

FootballFan, somewhat of a stupid question: in your replay you scroll a lot back and forth between the zoom modes. (almost constantly between just in fps and just out of it in 3th person view) Is there something behind that? Does it make you aim/react better? I know it's a silly question but the scrolling back and forth was a bit weird so I wondered wether there'd be purpose behind it or wether it was just your preferred style of play.

I've read a lot of teenagers do that. Can't keep still. That would kind of match this whole coming on the forums to whine about somebody being unreasonable on the internet.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users