What I do to avoid getting angry

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
30 replies to this topic

Atris2nd #1 Posted 23 September 2013 - 05:03 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 10725 battles
Alright, basically... This is a thread for people, that like me, had the case of getting angry at the game rapidly fast, and possibly receiving a handful of reports out of cursing and swearing at people. Not sure if I'm the first person or not to write something like this, and I doubt everyone will agree with me, but I will share with you some music that helps me relax with the game, think straight, and overall perform better and even swallow defeats where I've done 5k damage in my tier 8 medium and lost to an artillery derping me from one inch.

I hope you'll like what I post here, and possibly help yourself in the game. You'll be surprised how well some music works, despite being very unfitting with the theme of tanks:

This is a sample of what I've gathered up, in general. Of course, I expect someone will call this thread useless and that people already do it: Well, if there is 80% rage in the games I stumble upon in team chat, then it's obvious not everybody does it. And I figured that I'll post what I use to make the game work for myself. Everyone is free to disagree on this. If you would like me to update the topic with more music, just say so in the comments. I have a wide selection of things.

rockmonkey #2 Posted 23 September 2013 - 05:05 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 19484 battles
I log off.

Atris2nd #3 Posted 23 September 2013 - 05:06 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 10725 battles
Point is to carry on playing without letting negative thoughts go to your head, not log off.

Edited by Atris2nd, 23 September 2013 - 05:07 PM.

Ethyl_Perchlorate #4 Posted 23 September 2013 - 05:13 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 6348 battles
If something makes you angry on a regular basis there are a number of way you can look at it. You might be a 'passionate' person, hence why your emotions run high and you get angry. You could also have an anger-management issue. Or as I came to realise: If the game is making me angry on a regular basis, the best solution is not simply not play and you know what? I feel so much better for it. I sometimes read the forums to see if there will be anything to tempt me back into the game but it's just the same crap over and over again. Waste of time and money quite frankly.

Tamcia #5 Posted 23 September 2013 - 05:15 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 26278 battles

View PostAtris2nd, on 23 September 2013 - 05:06 PM, said:

Point is to carry on playing without letting things get to your head, not log off.
No.
Point is to have fun. If you are not having fun then not playing the game is best choice.

Atris2nd #6 Posted 23 September 2013 - 05:17 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 10725 battles
I agree, that tends to be the case. But, the thing is, the game itself is good. It's not the game's fault, it's usually something else that brings it down, and for alot of people it tends to be teams, matchmaker and so on and so forth. I love the game, I truly do, but it's certain things in it that tick me off, that are usually not the fault of the game itself. Music tends to help me swallow such things down without getting to my head, which gives me the capability of, once again, enjoying the game to it's full extent, without minding these unfortunate aspects.
Edit: That was more so directed to the post above me. Carrying on playing usually means more fun, under the right circumstances/with the right things to keep you uplifted.

Edited by Atris2nd, 23 September 2013 - 05:18 PM.

Merquise #7 Posted 23 September 2013 - 05:35 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 27130 battles
I stopped caring about anything, especially about statistics (check noobmeter how much it's plummeting :P)
Nowadays I only play the battles I like and I skip everything else.

Posted Image
Sooo... I'm about...                             here on the Kubler Ross model.

LOVE_U_LONGTIME #8 Posted 23 September 2013 - 05:38 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 27599 battles

View PostAtris2nd, on 23 September 2013 - 05:03 PM, said:

Alright, basically... This is a thread for people, that like me, had the case of getting angry at the game rapidly fast, and possibly receiving a handful of reports out of cursing and swearing at people. Not sure if I'm the first person or not to write something like this, and I doubt everyone will agree with me, but I will share with you some music that helps me relax with the game, think straight, and overall perform better and even swallow defeats where I've done 5k damage in my tier 8 medium and lost to an artillery derping me from one inch.

I hope you'll like what I post here, and possibly help yourself in the game. You'll be surprised how well some music works, despite being very unfitting with the theme of tanks:

This is a sample of what I've gathered up, in general. Of course, I expect someone will call this thread useless and that people already do it: Well, if there is 80% rage in the games I stumble upon in team chat, then it's obvious not everybody does it. And I figured that I'll post what I use to make the game work for myself. Everyone is free to disagree on this. If you would like me to update the topic with more music, just say so in the comments. I have a wide selection of things.

Angry? I'd wanna top myself after listening to that rubbish!!!

Funeral music init?

Inflatable #9 Posted 23 September 2013 - 05:40 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 11805 battles
  • [CYW] CYW
Only 1 way to affoid that.. Do not play WoT..

The matchmaking and RNG will make your blood boil at times (if you care about fair games that is).. I quit today after only 6 games because I got massivly screwed over in 5 of them by either the matchmaking or RNG (total noob 46% player penning my angled ST-1 from the front nonstop at total random spots while I bounced on the weak hull of his conquerer 3 times, the RNG really made me lose my mind there).. At those times I truely hate this game and not gonna waste another second playing it.. It can go royally **** itself..

Have fun!

term1x #10 Posted 23 September 2013 - 05:42 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 11971 battles
don't get angry  :glasses: it's a game relax...

Edited by term1x, 23 September 2013 - 10:20 PM.

Atris2nd #11 Posted 23 September 2013 - 05:49 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 10725 battles
Welp, I expected the person that went ''lol that's rubbish''. If Bach is rubbish to you, then well... No offense taken, have fun with the game.

Judqment8 #12 Posted 23 September 2013 - 05:52 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 22108 battles
Go play Borderlands 2 with your friends and shoot the **** out of those damn trees with your Psycho. Ah, I love it.

LOVE_U_LONGTIME #13 Posted 23 September 2013 - 05:54 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 27599 battles

View PostAtris2nd, on 23 September 2013 - 05:49 PM, said:

Welp, I expected the person that went ''lol that's rubbish''. If Bach is rubbish to you, then well... No offense taken, have fun with the game.

Sorry old chum, that kinda music just don't sit right with driving around in 30/40+ tonne lumps of metal smashing the life out of each other, does it?

I'm no rock music fan, but I would assume something along the lines of Motorhead's "ace of spades" would be more apt!

AMEuP #14 Posted 23 September 2013 - 06:00 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 7747 battles
if you are having anger issues with this game then the solution is getting yourself a kv-1, hitting the battle button, praying you don't get a tier 6 or 7 game and putting on some http://www.youtube.c...h?v=9LeqzHJRxC0 :)

Atris2nd #15 Posted 23 September 2013 - 06:04 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 10725 battles
Well hey, Panzer Rollen in Afrika Vor, Panzerlied, Erika, Battle Hymn of the Republic, the entire Company of Heroes 2 soundtrack and War Thunder OST also works. Red army choir anyone?

Shegzor #16 Posted 23 September 2013 - 06:07 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 23555 battles
  • [TEC] TEC
I personally find your selection of music too... sedative. Don't get me wrong, there are some great tracks there, but they make me sleepy more than repress my anger.
If I could afford to listen to music while playing (which I can't at the moment, because my PC is waaay on the low end of the spectrum and my framerates get worse with every patch), I would either listen to certain soundtracks (ME1/2/3, HALO, SW:RC) that have a good mix of calming and more action-oriented themes or, my personal choice for most situations, uplifting trance (ala Soundlift, Arctic Moon, Andy Blueman, Ronny K... the list goes on and on).

FailAccount #17 Posted 23 September 2013 - 06:25 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 1960 battles
Just stop playing. I have a load of premium on this account and I am happy to take a break.

_Oddball_ #18 Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:02 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 11091 battles
  • [PRK] PRK
I just whack on a Hans Zimmer soundtrack selection.

Battles feel so much more epic.

Jinqx #19 Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:18 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 36634 battles
  • [SVAMP] SVAMP
Avoid getting angry when playing WoT..................impossible ! , i get bonking madly upset even when i win because ther's Always a couple windowlickers doin some stupid stuff  .

Wot has easily cut 10 years of my Life  :teethhappy:

WOTHero #20 Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:19 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 34372 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Dont take it personally, but let me try to solv it for you.

First of all.
1. DONT be a bad loser. ---> you can get reported for insult by me if you type "Noob team" I find that as an insult = reported without any notification from me. :)
2. Take every battle as a challenge, but only if your tank is fully upgraded & the crew are 100 % trained & with some skills/perks.
3. THINK positiv, the harder the team is the more experience you gain, it takes time, but you will noticed it. Took me 2 years & am still learning.
4. If you have one of those days where you only lose, get away from the computer, its not your lucky day.
5. Try out different tanks and find the one that fits you <---- THAT takes time.

Now and last.
Lets say everything above didnt work & you are a very negativ person.
THEN
"Let the hate flow through you" :P it might work on the battlefield. :P

WOTHero

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users