My WoT Website...

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
23 replies to this topic

Hazza1803 #1 Posted 23 September 2013 - 06:33 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Clan Diplomat
  • 8184 battles
Whilst still in Early Stages, The website I have created is Underway.
Haters Come by and Have a look, aswell as those Interested.
Nothing big, Just a Hobby :)

www.universeoftanks.webs.com

Hazza1803 #2 Posted 23 September 2013 - 06:54 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Clan Diplomat
  • 8184 battles
Oh, and there shall be better things, too :)

Desyatnik_Pansy #3 Posted 23 September 2013 - 06:56 PM

Bartender

• Player
  • 16034 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
I won't say it's amazing, but I won't say it's bad either. With some improvements and simple changes, it could work quite well.

Saying that, I've never ran a forum (or website) in general other than a few 4umer ones that existed mostly for chatting with friends. Otherwise, I've only ever served as a moderator on a website twice in the past and am currently serving as a chat moderator on another website.

Askorti #4 Posted 23 September 2013 - 06:57 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 11776 battles
And what is the exact purpose of this site of yours? I don't meant to be rude, but why would someone go to your forum instead of this one? There are thousands of people here, while there will be very little traffic on your site for quite a while. If someone is looking for something, be it advice, information, mods, you name it, his best bet would be this forum. (Except for scout related stuff, then best place to go is Tazilon's site)

Edited by Askorti, 23 September 2013 - 06:57 PM.

Hazza1803 #5 Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:04 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Clan Diplomat
  • 8184 battles

View PostAskorti, on 23 September 2013 - 06:57 PM, said:

And what is the exact purpose of this site of yours? I don't meant to be rude, but why would someone go to your forum instead of this one? There are thousands of people here, while there will be very little traffic on your site for quite a while. If someone is looking for something, be it advice, information, mods, you name it, his best bet would be this forum. (Except for scout related stuff, then best place to go is Tazilon's site)
3 Things.

First, thanks for the feedback, I need it.

Second, I'm not aiming for Thousands of People, Maybe just a small community.

Third, With work, and effort, AND Knowledge, I Could get somewhere, no?

Hazza1803 #6 Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:07 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Clan Diplomat
  • 8184 battles

View PostHazza1803, on 23 September 2013 - 07:04 PM, said:

3 Things.

First, thanks for the feedback, I need it.

Second, I'm not aiming for Thousands of People, Maybe just a small community.

Third, With work, and effort, AND Knowledge, I Could get somewhere, no?

Every Sign-Up helps

Desyatnik_Pansy #7 Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:09 PM

Bartender

• Player
  • 16034 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostAskorti, on 23 September 2013 - 06:57 PM, said:

Let me speak my opinion of the OP's site.

Everyone is entirely free to make their own website or something for their own preferred reasons. If he wants to make it and talk about the game, then fine by me. With a smaller community on a site that is very similar to this one, it means that people will be possibly more nice and closely-knit, rather than some people on here who just post random insults. At the same time, it means that it will be easier to follow threads and whatnot if there is less daily traffic.

Also, it means the OP and other people can moderate the forum as they wish and allow access to things that this site does not provide. If, for example, the OP's site was a 4umer/forum motion site, he could have a public chat at the top/bottom of the screen. It means that the community of the game using the forum can control the site as they wish, and not the moderators and whatnot selected by the owners of the game themselves.

If it's community run, it's community opinion. You see those things that say things such as "Tank of the Week: Pz. Kpfw VIII Maus!", which is basically from my observation, just a look at statistics and whatnot and not actually preference. While in a community run site, the "Tank of the Week" or whatever can be entirely community chosen.

kasparsade #8 Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:13 PM

Private

• Player
  • 2770 battles
It's pointless and really you should make it from scratch

Hazza1803 #9 Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:14 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Clan Diplomat
  • 8184 battles

View PostDesyatnik_Pansy, on 23 September 2013 - 07:09 PM, said:

Let me speak my opinion of the OP's site.

Everyone is entirely free to make their own website or something for their own preferred reasons. If he wants to make it and talk about the game, then fine by me. With a smaller community on a site that is very similar to this one, it means that people will be possibly more nice and closely-knit, rather than some people on here who just post random insults. At the same time, it means that it will be easier to follow threads and whatnot if there is less daily traffic.

Also, it means the OP and other people can moderate the forum as they wish and allow access to things that this site does not provide. If, for example, the OP's site was a 4umer/forum motion site, he could have a public chat at the top/bottom of the screen. It means that the community of the game using the forum can control the site as they wish, and not the moderators and whatnot selected by the owners of the game themselves.

If it's community run, it's community opinion. You see those things that say things such as "Tank of the Week: Pz. Kpfw VIII Maus!", which is basically from my observation, just a look at statistics and whatnot and not actually preference. While in a community run site, the "Tank of the Week" or whatever can be entirely community chosen.

Thanks entirely,and the bottom bit gave me an Idea.
I'll check the stats for the best WR tank every week and Make it Tank of the week!

Thanks again  :smile:

Hazza1803 #10 Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:14 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Clan Diplomat
  • 8184 battles

View Postkasparsade, on 23 September 2013 - 07:13 PM, said:

It's pointless and really you should make it from scratch
Haters gonna Hate, Nothing I Can do about that  :blinky:

Desyatnik_Pansy #11 Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:16 PM

Bartender

• Player
  • 16034 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostHazza1803, on 23 September 2013 - 07:14 PM, said:

Thanks entirely,and the bottom bit gave me an Idea.
I'll check the stats for the best WR tank every week and Make it Tank of the week!

Thanks again  :smile:

No need to thanks. I'm willing to throw my advice and knowledge in any direction. While the site isn't something of my preferences or something I'm even acquainted with (unlike 4umer/forum motion, which I've actively used in the past and somewhat know how to work with), I'm still willing to defend it and even sign up to give it some first few steps.

Hazza1803 #12 Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:26 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Clan Diplomat
  • 8184 battles

View PostDesyatnik_Pansy, on 23 September 2013 - 07:16 PM, said:

No need to thanks. I'm willing to throw my advice and knowledge in any direction. While the site isn't something of my preferences or something I'm even acquainted with (unlike 4umer/forum motion, which I've actively used in the past and somewhat know how to work with), I'm still willing to defend it and even sign up to give it some first few steps.

Why?

What are some of your Preferences?

Tell me :)

Desyatnik_Pansy #13 Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:30 PM

Bartender

• Player
  • 16034 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostHazza1803, on 23 September 2013 - 07:26 PM, said:

Why?

What are some of your Preferences?

Tell me :)

I like the idea of a public chat at the bottom, easier switch between pages and all that stuff as well as easier "moderation" and whatnot. Noting that, after signing up on your site, I've made one comment but am entirely unable to access my own profile for unknown reasons and other small things I've noticed.

I am entirely willing, if you so wish for it, to create a 4umer/forum motion site using your current site as a basis. Of course, I would not do such a thing without your wish/permission, and while doing so would make me unconditionally an "admin", I would attempt to hinder what powers I have as best I can though the groups and ranking systems on such 4umer websites. However, while attempting to hinder my "admin" powers in the case of me doing such a thing, my knowledge of 4umer/forum motion would mean I can implement things I already know about the site as well as experiment with things I am unsure of, such as a scrolling header at the top of the page.

Hazza1803 #14 Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:32 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Clan Diplomat
  • 8184 battles

View PostDesyatnik_Pansy, on 23 September 2013 - 07:30 PM, said:

I like the idea of a public chat at the bottom, easier switch between pages and all that stuff as well as easier "moderation" and whatnot. Noting that, after signing up on your site, I've made one comment but am entirely unable to access my own profile for unknown reasons and other small things I've noticed.
I am entirely willing, if you so wish for it, to create a 4umer/forum motion site using your current site as a basis. Of course, I would not do such a thing without your wish/permission, and while doing so would make me unconditionally an "admin", I would attempt to hinder what powers I have as best I can though the groups and ranking systems on such 4umer websites. However, while attempting to hinder my "admin" powers in the case of me doing such a thing, my knowledge of 4umer/forum motion would mean I can implement things I already know about the site as well as experiment with things I am unsure of, such as a scrolling header at the top of the page.
Public chat?
What do you mean by Public chat?
A Shoutbox?
Edit: Verify your Email ;)
Happened to me even

Edited by Hazza1803, 23 September 2013 - 07:33 PM.

Desyatnik_Pansy #15 Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:36 PM

Bartender

• Player
  • 16034 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostHazza1803, on 23 September 2013 - 07:32 PM, said:

Public chat?

What do you mean by Public chat?

A Shoutbox?

Basically, a chatbox or whatever, it's been too long since I've used 4umer websites, that can be activated through admin and chosen to be at the top or bottom of the page. Individual chat mods can be selected and it serves as a chat that anyone signed up can access, talk about things and leave whenever they want. It could be used for simple friendly discussions or for someone who comes into it, asks a question that they want a quick answer to and leaves, negating the need to create a thread about the same thing that would probably take a larger amount of time.

It also has the ability to allow community members to get to know each other better and have fun discussions without censorship of such things like such would be done on a forum (what I mean by that is; most forums I've used don't like people going into any section, including off-topic, and talking to individual users specifically while on a chat, such things could be possibly done). Though, it's not amazing and hasn't got "everything" you could want from a chatbox.

Hazza1803 #16 Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:44 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Clan Diplomat
  • 8184 battles

View PostDesyatnik_Pansy, on 23 September 2013 - 07:36 PM, said:

Basically, a chatbox or whatever, it's been too long since I've used 4umer websites, that can be activated through admin and chosen to be at the top or bottom of the page. Individual chat mods can be selected and it serves as a chat that anyone signed up can access, talk about things and leave whenever they want. It could be used for simple friendly discussions or for someone who comes into it, asks a question that they want a quick answer to and leaves, negating the need to create a thread about the same thing that would probably take a larger amount of time.

It also has the ability to allow community members to get to know each other better and have fun discussions without censorship of such things like such would be done on a forum (what I mean by that is; most forums I've used don't like people going into any section, including off-topic, and talking to individual users specifically while on a chat, such things could be possibly done). Though, it's not amazing and hasn't got "everything" you could want from a chatbox.

On it...

And

Verify your email  :happy:

Desyatnik_Pansy #17 Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:46 PM

Bartender

• Player
  • 16034 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostHazza1803, on 23 September 2013 - 07:44 PM, said:

On it...

And

Verify your email  :happy:

I did, I've even commented on one of the thread on the confirmed account. Yet, my profile page is not accessible and I am not listed on the members page.

Hazza1803 #18 Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:53 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Clan Diplomat
  • 8184 battles
Hmmmm, Strange.

Chat Box is Half in

I'll look into that... :sceptic:

Desyatnik_Pansy #19 Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:54 PM

Bartender

• Player
  • 16034 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostHazza1803, on 23 September 2013 - 07:53 PM, said:

Hmmmm, Strange.

Chat Box is Half in

I'll look into that... :sceptic:

I'm still willing to offer to create a 4umer site based off of your current website (noting that, I'm not trying to "demand" you allow me to do such a thing).

Nikoladiv #20 Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:22 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 6043 battles
  • [-BUF-] -BUF-
This is my WoT website about our clan it is as yours too in early ages http://budaletineufo...iji.weebly.com/ it is on serbian croatian and bosnain langauge and english and german are comming... And i have some sort of forum it's like a forum motion but it is not, it is freeforums.org sub-domain http://www.freeforums.org/.

Tell me what do you think and rate it and say if u spoted some problems...

I will sing up to your site to help you grow your community...  :smile:

And a note: In the top right corner of my site you have facebook and youtube link for facebook page and youtube chanell... :smile:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users