Dear WG, can you explain your offline events strategy?

Up yours!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

_DynamicGameplay_ #1 Posted 24 September 2013 - 03:07 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 42441 battles
  • [-NARF] -NARF
How come you allow all the events to be held in North part of Europe (every now and then, now again in Poland), but not a single event you allowed to happen in South Europe?!?
Let me remind you that we here are also paying customers who want, and deserve, a piece of cake that everybody else in North gets! (If you don't get that you have some very best clans, as well as players (and fans) from around here...)

I dare officials to make a sincere reply with elaboration, if they have any that is!

FFS, we're talking about same distance from Paris to Warszawa, just another direction! What is so hard to do?
You have plenty of mods from around here as well as ESL admins. Need more contacts that would help you find a place to set-up the scene and what not? No problem, I will be glad to lend you a hand.

But don't make same lame excuses and soft skills please.

Though we continue to work towards improving things such as better and faster communication with you

How about you start from here?

TinyViking #2 Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:47 AM

Major

• Player
  • 6989 battles
Two things,

1. There really is no need for caps so I've changed the title for you. Please keep this in mind.

2. It's not really about the distance, it's about the venue, the number of staff required, how much advance notice we have etc.

If you have suggestions on where we should go, by all means, let us know! We are always looking for new venues and destinations, but you need to keep in mind that we don't decide on a Friday that we want to go to an even on Saturday, it's usually several weeks, sometimes months, of planning that's needed.

Furthermore, we have actually been to the south of Europe, and we are going to have an event in Turkey next month.

Was this what you were hoping for?

_DynamicGameplay_ #3 Posted 24 September 2013 - 10:28 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 42441 battles
  • [-NARF] -NARF
No, it's not.
As for Turkey, you were in Turkey before, and I am aware that you're going there again pretty soon. http://worldoftanks....ws/46/istambul/
How about Zagreb, Belgrade, Ljubljana, Wien?

As for neg reps, please reveal yourselves and your reasons for neg repping, you stupid ignorant punk, whoever you are...

Edited by john_doe7, 24 September 2013 - 10:29 AM.

IPaul72 #4 Posted 24 September 2013 - 05:54 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 8123 battles

View Postjohn_doe7, on 24 September 2013 - 10:28 AM, said:

No, it's not.
As for Turkey, you were in Turkey before, and I am aware that you're going there again pretty soon. http://worldoftanks....ws/46/istambul/
How about Zagreb, Belgrade, Ljubljana, Wien?

As for neg reps, please reveal yourselves and your reasons for neg repping, you stupid ignorant punk, whoever you are...
Hello there john_doe7
First of all I remember you from our many Hide & Sneak competitions. Your driving skills was epic It was fun chasing you down while laughing lots  :teethhappy:  dodge and weave lol
Ok now to what I was going to say....
Has iScending said "If you have suggestions on where we should go, by all means, let us know!" we would be happy to visit new places and like as been said we are constantly looking also.
I for one always look forward to meeting players after been in contact with them here on the forums. I dare say without a shadow of a doubt the whole En community team do too.
If you would please let us know and put forward a suggestion on location so then we can look into it for military museums and such things  :blinky:
I should imagine sometime in the near future we will be asking where you want to see us then will be the time to let us know.
Kind Regards
IPaul72

_DynamicGameplay_ #5 Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:20 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 42441 battles
  • [-NARF] -NARF
Hey man, I haven't heard from you in ages!
I miss your H&S, I really do. :sad: No H&S, no HUD, no mini-mangled metal, no wacky races, nor last man standing and history battles that Spanish community does...
Those were funny and exciting contests, unlike these silly ones we have now. No hard feelings Ectar and iScending, but I won't repeat myself, everything is already said on regional contests page...

On the other hand, I suggest you guys visit the region in which WW1 started (Balkan). Aftermath of WW1 caused WW2 in first place, and many important battles occurred and marked this territory.
Yes, I am boring and nagging with this, but one of main reasons I am like that is because I'd like to participate in event that would gather our community, WoT fans, from this part of Europe. And yes, I'd like to met you guys in person as well! :)
I suggested this kind of event coming down here, but I didn't get much attention. Eventually I let it go.
But when I saw that again and yet again, Turkey and Poland got such event (for god knows which time) it pissed me off since we never got that opportunity.
I wonder why, and I'd like an honest answer... Not enough cash flow from around here (I doubt it) or not enough IPs from here hitting your servers as much as PL and TR do? Or there is so much, that you think it can't get better? :sceptic:

I am from Croatia, so I can talk about locations from around here, maybe someone else from Serbia, BiH, Hungary or Slovenia can make another suggestion.
Here is a simple suggestion:
Zagreb fair site on English: http://www.zv.hr/?id=179
One of these should suffice I suppose:
Spoiler                     

Now that is a suggestion of location and what it should/could look like. I am sure you could find it more than suitable, but if not, maybe you could find something similar closer to a museum of your choice... (I am not so familiar with fairs and expos in Slovenia and Serbia, even less than those in Hungary as our language differ a lot.)
Now, as for museums, Slovenia and Serbia have most decent ones, as far as I know, check some of the links below:
Slovenia:
http://www.parkvojaskezgodovine.si/
http://www.parkvojas...ska_zbirka.aspx (here play with buttons, on Slovenian language there is far more information than on English version, so stick to Slovenian version of that site, I am sure you will notice straight away that on the right from pictures you have links of tanks they got in museum, along with photos).
Serbia:
Kalemegdan museum official site: http://www.muzej.mod.gov.rs/en/ (it's hard to find what you want in this page, so link with pictures is given below)
Pictures from outside:https://www.google.h...UA4rKsgbc2IGQCA
(If I am not mistaken, these are the tanks showed outside of museum:)
Spoiler                     
- in that museum you can also find a rare recently found completely preserved and in perfect condition - ENIGMA

Aviation museum:http://www.mjrv.mod....s/galerija.html

Is this enough food for thoughts?

Edited by john_doe7, 24 September 2013 - 11:26 PM.

IPaul72 #6 Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:16 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 8123 battles

View Postjohn_doe7, on 24 September 2013 - 11:20 PM, said:

Hey man, I haven't heard from you in ages!
I miss your H&S, I really do. :sad: No H&S, no HUD, no mini-mangled metal, no wacky races, nor last man standing and history battles that Spanish community does...
Those were funny and exciting contests, unlike these silly ones we have now. No hard feelings Ectar and iScending, but I won't repeat myself, everything is already said on regional contests page...

On the other hand, I suggest you guys visit the region in which WW1 started (Balkan). Aftermath of WW1 caused WW2 in first place, and many important battles occurred and marked this territory.
Yes, I am boring and nagging with this, but one of main reasons I am like that is because I'd like to participate in event that would gather our community, WoT fans, from this part of Europe. And yes, I'd like to met you guys in person as well! :)
I suggested this kind of event coming down here, but I didn't get much attention. Eventually I let it go.
But when I saw that again and yet again, Turkey and Poland got such event (for god knows which time) it pissed me off since we never got that opportunity.
I wonder why, and I'd like an honest answer... Not enough cash flow from around here (I doubt it) or not enough IPs from here hitting your servers as much as PL and TR do? Or there is so much, that you think it can't get better? :sceptic:

I am from Croatia, so I can talk about locations from around here, maybe someone else from Serbia, BiH, Hungary or Slovenia can make another suggestion.
Here is a simple suggestion:
Zagreb fair site on English: http://www.zv.hr/?id=179
One of these should suffice I suppose:
Spoiler                     

Now that is a suggestion of location and what it should/could look like. I am sure you could find it more than suitable, but if not, maybe you could find something similar closer to a museum of your choice... (I am not so familiar with fairs and expos in Slovenia and Serbia, even less than those in Hungary as our language differ a lot.)
Now, as for museums, Slovenia and Serbia have most decent ones, as far as I know, check some of the links below:
Slovenia:
http://www.parkvojaskezgodovine.si/
http://www.parkvojas...ska_zbirka.aspx (here play with buttons, on Slovenian language there is far more information than on English version, so stick to Slovenian version of that site, I am sure you will notice straight away that on the right from pictures you have links of tanks they got in museum, along with photos).
Serbia:
Kalemegdan museum official site: http://www.muzej.mod.gov.rs/en/ (it's hard to find what you want in this page, so link with pictures is given below)
Pictures from outside: https://www.google.h...UA4rKsgbc2IGQCA
(If I am not mistaken, these are the tanks showed outside of museum:)
Spoiler                     
- in that museum you can also find a rare recently found completely preserved and in perfect condition - ENIGMA

Aviation museum: http://www.mjrv.mod....s/galerija.html

Is this enough food for thoughts?
Hello again john_doe7
Thanks for the compliments about the in game competitions. I dare say at some point they will make a return  :smile:
This certainly is food for thought and I will pass it on to the powers that be to raise awareness, thank you  :great:
But we will see what can be done...never say never I say  :blinky:  I know it would be nice to meet the players and our community from over there.
Kind Regards
IPaul72

Murphy1up #7 Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:17 PM

Lieutenant General

• Military Reserve
  • 11249 battles
  • [-QQ-] -QQ-

View Postjohn_doe7, on 24 September 2013 - 03:07 AM, said:

How come you allow all the events to be held in North part of Europe (every now and then, now again in Poland), but not a single event you allowed to happen in South Europe?!?
Let me remind you that we here are also paying customers who want, and deserve, a piece of cake that everybody else in North gets! (If you don't get that you have some very best clans, as well as players (and fans) from around here...)

The main reason is simply that offline events actually take a lot of time to organise and its something that's part of the community manager role. The English speaking team covers every EU country that's not supported officially (Czech, German, Polish, Turkish, Spanish, French). Sadly we've been without a Community Manager since about April and many tasks associated with the role have been shared between myself and Ipaul72 with iScending also helping out now. The events we've attended since then in an official capacity have been Parola Tank Museum in Finland and Walibi World in the Netherlands. - The Walabi World was more really organised by the Game On! crew and our PR people. For that we just had to turn up. Only Parola was organised by our team and that was done at short notice. Tiger Day in the UK is a PR organised event and Dreamhack is an e-sports organised event so they don't fall under our scope as such.

I'm happy to report we have a new English speaking Community Manager who will be making his presence felt on the forums within the next few days. He's already hard at work planning stuff for the community.

We absolutely want to visit places like Italy, Romania, Hungary, Bulgaria etc. Our portal for example gets a lot of visits from Romanian and Italian players and we really want to go there to say hello to everyone. At the end of the year as it gets into winter, travelling to events isn't as easy and we also have less people to potentially attend. Hopefully we can still get one or two visits in.

Tomorrow I'm going to be creating a topic asking people to list major gaming events in their country along with major museums and any special displays or open days associated to those museums. We'll have a similar post in the Warplanes forums also. This will then help us plan where were can go from November onwards.

We want to hit the globe running next year and visit as many different EU countries and events as we can. Please remember however that organising these events really does take a lot of planning and time to sort out. There has been no hidden agenda or favouritism for other countries and I'm sorry if it looks that way.

As for the contests they also take a lot of time to plan, prepare participate in and then judge. We're looking for ways to streamline that at the same time as making sure the rules are watertight to prevent any shenanigans. Our team is pretty much up to full strength now (Eventually we'll have 2 Community Managers and 3 Community Coordinators for the English speaking section alone).

I'm really sorry for any confusion, things are about to get awesome.

_DynamicGameplay_ #8 Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:50 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 42441 battles
  • [-NARF] -NARF
Thank you for replies guys!

I am aware that such events take time to organize, so I'd be more than happy to see you somewhere around this region in next year or so.
But honestly, excluding Turkey and Spain, there is no other country you visited that is any souther than Germany, at least as far as I know.

We want to hit the globe running next year and visit as many different EU countries and events as we can

Something like WG tour across Europe? Well that would be something really nice, but I doubt anyone enjoys being on wheels all the time and as much as it sounds nice, no one can expect that from you.

Anyhow, I will still secretly hope you will be coming somewhere around these regions, as anything above 500 km radius is just not convenient (at least not for people from around here from my point of view).

_DynamicGameplay_ #9 Posted 16 October 2013 - 04:00 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 42441 battles
  • [-NARF] -NARF
I just found out the happy news!  :great:

THANK YOU!! :)

Do you already know who will be coming? :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users