Jump to content


[Busted] Proof that most gamers are tomatoes... (real survey by Nintendo)


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
44 replies to this topic

St4n #1 Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:58 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 19511 battles
  • 956
  • [WU36] WU36
  • Member since:
    07-12-2011
I have to admit that I fall for a fake, but given that a lot of gaming-sites fall for it I think I can get away with a "Sorry!" to you.
Tough, I will let this thread written as it is, so people can read about the case.
It's fake, and a lot of other reports are simply taken from this one linked below.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Hi.
I want to share this with you... Sadly this is no fake. If you google "nintendo easier games" you will find a lot of reports about this case.
Here is one link: http://www.p4rgaming...per-mario-bros/
And for those who don't want to read...
73rd anual stockholder meeting of Nintendo, president of Nintendo explaining to a stockholder why games are easier today.
At Famicom they let people play "Super Mario Brothers" on a regular basis, record the games and ask the people about the game. Purpose is to get what difficulty settings they need for their games to make them attractive to the masses.
Now to the facts (not only taken from the provided link above):
90% of people can't finish the first level without restart. (using up all lives)
70% of people die to the first goomba. 50% of them die again at the second try to the exact same goomba.
Spoiler                     
Most people don't read the manual, NOONE read past page 1.
People couldn't realize that coins are no enemies.
Spoiler                     
And that you die if you fall in a bottomless pit.
Spoiler                     
1. They failed to read the manual where all the mechanics are explained.
2. They are unable to recognize the mechanics by themself. (Unable to imagine what they are for until trying.)
Finally what people suggested after playing the game:
Mario should start with a weapon and stuff, they should make a tutorial... Make it easier... seriously, this punny and easy to beat FIRST LEVEL was too hard...
Now, make your own conclusions...

Edited by St4n, 25 September 2013 - 02:59 PM.


pun_xD #2 Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:06 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 34219 battles
  • 825
  • [S3AL] S3AL
  • Member since:
    08-07-2011
and i thought i was bad cause i never got to finish this game with all the late level stuff...

Valvalecia #3 Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:06 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 11685 battles
  • 1,404
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012
Real "gamers" if they haven't played or heard of the 1st SMB before... I'd say most of them were just peeps who play with they smartphone or in facebook from time to time, not actual gamers.

sword_of_Damocles #4 Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:08 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 60393 battles
  • 5,303
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    03-26-2011
You are late
:tongue:

http://forum.worldof...ning-room-fail/

AliceUnchained #5 Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:12 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 38414 battles
  • 8,928
  • [322] 322
  • Member since:
    10-18-2011
Also shows that most forum users are illiterate fools themselves while complaining about the intelligence level of others...

It is PROOF. Unless you are actually inviting us to try and prove that most players are tomatoes.

Regarding the actual post. No surprise, games have been easier for years already. Coincidentally most games developers started developing games for different platforms simultaneously, as opposed to making games for specific platforms. Most online games these days are basically all about gear gathering and button bashing your skills/talents/etc. Winning is determined mostly by gear, and it seems that everything can be bought in Auction Houses these days. Hey look I just found a Unique Item! Oh look, there's 25+ just like them available in the Auction House...

In my opinion, the success and popularity of MMO's is the downfall of quality games.

VendettADutch #6 Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:13 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 4347 battles
  • 1,937
  • [BL33T] BL33T
  • Member since:
    01-19-2013
CR@p....argh...i am the most stupid of all the MB Players on Nintendo i see.....i wanted tot press + 1 on my phone end by mistake pressed negrep...wil fix it sorry!</p>
Edit..there fixed it...+1 two times on two other posts I liked from you..

Edited by VendettADutch, 25 September 2013 - 02:17 PM.


Prohibition #7 Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:17 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 17092 battles
  • 1,260
  • [BASE] BASE
  • Member since:
    08-19-2011
Super Mario... That brings back some memories when first Game Boy was released and Super Nintendo ( I still have them both in working condition after 20+ years )

Feinel #8 Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:22 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 24283 battles
  • 928
  • [-CUTE] -CUTE
  • Member since:
    09-24-2011
Posted Image
There's no figuring out stuff anymore, back in the days when you were stuck somewhere, you either really were stuck until you yourself figured out what to do, or by mere luck somehow got past a puzzle. Nowadays, if it takes someone over 1 minute he loses his patience, starts up his favorite browser, goes to youtube, and types in 'walk through game xx' and bookmarks/subscribes to the channel. And they call themselves a gamer.
Oh and stuff like this doesn't help either. Obviously not implemented. But there are people out there advocating it.
http://www.p4rgaming...rotection-laws/

Edited by Feinel, 25 September 2013 - 02:27 PM.


hugorune #9 Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:27 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Beta Tester
  • 22343 battles
  • 50
  • Member since:
    01-20-2011

View PostFeinel, on 25 September 2013 - 02:22 PM, said:

Posted Image
There's no figuring out stuff anymore, back in the days when you were stuck somewhere, you either really were stuck until you yourself figured out what to do, or by mere luck somehow got past a puzzle. Nowadays, if it takes someone over 1 minute he loses his patience, starts up his favorite browser, goes to youtube, and types in 'walk through game xx' and bookmarks/subscribes to the channel. And they call themselves a gamer.
Oh and stuff like this doesn't help either. Obviously not implemented. But there are people out advocating it.
http://www.p4rgaming...rotection-laws/
Is that Doom map

SMGJohn #10 Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:30 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 5085 battles
  • 378
  • Member since:
    06-16-2011
It's very sad, I feel for Shigeru Miyamoto that when you create a simple game there are morons who can't even play it because it's to "difficult" For them, it just tells us the intelligence to these gamer can't figure out the simple gameplay.

I died for the first time in SMB when I first played it because I fell into the pit, I was 5 years old back then and I got past the goomba's. I mean these gamer's that Nintendo tested couldn't even beat the first goomba... *Facepalm*

Todeskult #11 Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:34 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 33320 battles
  • 1,137
  • [TD_T] TD_T
  • Member since:
    07-22-2012

Quote

Posted Image

1993 - Doom or Duke Nukem style maps? I must get back to them someday :smile:

olukej #12 Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:35 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 100 battles
  • 4,186
  • Member since:
    01-18-2013
I like the fact that nobody here informed themselves about http://www.p4rgaming.com/, found it a satirical website or even double checked the sources of the article.

Edited by olukej, 25 September 2013 - 02:39 PM.


Feinel #13 Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:35 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 24283 battles
  • 928
  • [-CUTE] -CUTE
  • Member since:
    09-24-2011

View Posthugorune, on 25 September 2013 - 02:27 PM, said:

Is that Doom map
Yes, doom 1 from 1993.

View Postolukej, on 25 September 2013 - 02:35 PM, said:

I like the fact that nobody here informed themselves about http://www.p4rgaming.com/ ... which is basically a satire website.
That's quite obvious with a quick glance over the related articles section, however most articles are still based on something real. As is the case with SMB.

Edited by Feinel, 25 September 2013 - 02:38 PM.


Asghaad #14 Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:37 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 13273 battles
  • 3,099
  • [PPDCZ] PPDCZ
  • Member since:
    01-23-2013

View PostFeinel, on 25 September 2013 - 02:22 PM, said:

Posted Image
There's no figuring out stuff anymore, back in the days when you were stuck somewhere, you either really were stuck until you yourself figured out what to do, or by mere luck somehow got past a puzzle. Nowadays, if it takes someone over 1 minute he loses his patience, starts up his favorite browser, goes to youtube, and types in 'walk through game xx' and bookmarks/subscribes to the channel. And they call themselves a gamer.
Oh and stuff like this doesn't help either. Obviously not implemented. But there are people out there advocating it.
http://www.p4rgaming...rotection-laws/

you shuld rename that : COD level map design, because there are still shooters with good level design, they ar few i admit but they exist (Deus ex Human Revolution, Dishonored, Bioshock, etc)
note that those are mostly FPS with RPG elements not just generic "go there and blow s**t up" for braindead zombies

Cobra6 #15 Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:37 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 16332 battles
  • 15,820
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    09-17-2010
Bring games to the masses and the masses will bring down your game(s).

Simple as that. Most humans are too pampered nowadays and see any form of challenge as "too difficult".

Cobra 6

St4n #16 Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:38 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 19511 battles
  • 956
  • [WU36] WU36
  • Member since:
    07-12-2011

View PostAliceUnchained, on 25 September 2013 - 02:12 PM, said:

Also shows that most forum users are illiterate fools themselves while complaining about the intelligence level of others...

It is PROOF. Unless you are actually inviting us to try and prove that most players are tomatoes.

Regarding the actual post. No surprise, games have been easier for years already. Coincidentally most games developers started developing games for different platforms simultaneously, as opposed to making games for specific platforms. Most online games these days are basically all about gear gathering and button bashing your skills/talents/etc. Winning is determined mostly by gear, and it seems that everything can be bought in Auction Houses these days. Hey look I just found a Unique Item! Oh look, there's 25+ just like them available in the Auction House...

In my opinion, the success and popularity of MMO's is the downfall of quality games.
I see no problem. Prove and proof sound similar and even have a close meaning (noun and verb). For a non-english speaker it's a failure that can happen. I fixed it and hope you are happy now.
I agree to the dumbing down of games...
It may be a spiral, because there are allways people that find games too hard.
Games get easier to attract everyone. (Including the ones that need super-duper-cheat-easiest to play a game.)
People play easier games.
People get used to the new average difficulty. Again, there are people at the lower end of the table.
Games get easier to also get them as playing audience.
People play the games.
People get used to easier difficulty.
...
(Offcourse that's a process which needs years to get noticed.)

View PostVendettADutch, on 25 September 2013 - 02:13 PM, said:

CR@p....argh...i am the most stupid of all the MB Players on Nintendo i see.....i wanted tot press + 1 on my phone end by mistake pressed negrep...wil fix it sorry!</p>
Edit..there fixed it...+1 two times on two other posts I liked from you..
No problem and thx. ;)

View PostFeinel, on 25 September 2013 - 02:22 PM, said:

There's no figuring out stuff anymore, back in the days when you were stuck somewhere, you either really were stuck until you yourself figured out what to do, or by mere luck somehow got past a puzzle. Nowadays, if it takes someone over 1 minute he loses his patience, starts up his favorite browser, goes to youtube, and types in 'walk through game xx' and bookmarks/subscribes to the channel. And they call themselves a gamer.
Oh and stuff like this doesn't help either. Obviously not implemented. But there are people out there advocating it.
http://www.p4rgaming...rotection-laws/
Exactly. Question is... get the games easier, because people can't beat them. Or can't people beat hard stuff, because they get only easy games to play...

SABAOTH #17 Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:38 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 36802 battles
  • 2,915
  • [-133-] -133-
  • Member since:
    08-28-2011

View PostSt4n, on 25 September 2013 - 01:58 PM, said:

Hi.
I want to share this with you... Sadly this is no fake. If you google "nintendo easier games" you will find a lot of reports about this case.
Here is one link: http://www.p4rgaming...per-mario-bros/
And for those who don't want to read...
73rd anual stockholder meeting of Nintendo, president of Nintendo explaining to a stockholder why games are easier today.
At Famicom they let people play "Super Mario Brothers" on a regular basis, record the games and ask the people about the game. Purpose is to get what difficulty settings they need for their games to make them attractive to the masses.
Now to the facts (not only taken from the provided link above):
90% of people can't finish the first level without restart. (using up all lives)
70% of people die to the first goomba. 50% of them die again at the second try to the exact same goomba.
Spoiler                     
Most people don't read the manual, NOONE read past page 1.
People couldn't realize that coins are no enemies.
Spoiler                     
And that you die if you fall in a bottomless pit.
Spoiler                     
1. They failed to read the manual where all the mechanics are explained.
2. They are unable to recognize the mechanics by themself. (Unable to imagine what they are for until trying.)
Finally what people suggested after playing the game:
Mario should start with a weapon and stuff, they should make a tutorial... Make it easier... seriously, this punny and easy to beat FIRST LEVEL was too hard...
Now, make your own conclusions...


Great!


But THIS guy, proved that some non-gamers are not tomatoes  :playing:



zmeul #18 Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:41 PM

    Captain

  • Beta Tester
  • 19552 battles
  • 2,133
  • Member since:
    07-10-2010

View Posthugorune, on 25 September 2013 - 02:27 PM, said:

Is that Doom map
might be mistaking but I recall being a Quake2 map

olukej #19 Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:48 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 100 battles
  • 4,186
  • Member since:
    01-18-2013

View PostFeinel, on 25 September 2013 - 02:35 PM, said:

That's quite obvious with a quick glance over the related articles section, however most articles are still based on something real. As is the case with SMB.

The entire article is fake, save from the fact that there was indeed a Nintendo 73rd annual stockholder meeting. Everything else is fake, there was no poll, no study, nobody miserably failing at SMB.

St4n #20 Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:49 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 19511 battles
  • 956
  • [WU36] WU36
  • Member since:
    07-12-2011

View Postolukej, on 25 September 2013 - 02:35 PM, said:

I like the fact that nobody here informed themselves about http://www.p4rgaming.com/, found it a satirical website or even double checked the sources of the article.
If you don't like this site, here is another.
http://www.complex.c...er-saturo-iwata

And the original Q&A (tough it's in japanese):
http://www.nintendo....27qa/index.html




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users