• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

EPIC_RAGE #1 Posted 25 September 2013 - 06:49 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 35202 battles
For me it's this:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=7BckAsDpQeU

I was pretty young when I first played it, had a feeling like I was there with those poor souls. Played entire part with a tear in my eye.
Not a single game had such an effect one me like this part did.
Still watch it from time to time, when I need a bit of inspiration.

If you had something, post it  :great:

Pandabird #2 Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:05 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 33973 battles
  • [KOFF] KOFF
quite lively intro indeed! Must have been rough out there...
My most epic moment now that i've thought twice must be the last boss battle and the very end of a game called Earthbound for the Super Nintendo
I can't tell what happens without spoiling it, but well. I actually gave an applause when the game ended, with that happy tear in my eye.
Simply such an amazingly brilliant finalé  for a cartridge game from the mid 90's

Edited by Pandabird, 26 September 2013 - 02:51 AM.

Shegzor #3 Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:51 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 23555 battles
  • [TEC] TEC
Wow, I have so many... In no particular order (WARNING, MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS):
- All the cutscenes from War Wind
- Practically the whole game, but especially the title song, intro and ending of Star Wars: Republic Commando. I'm still coming to save you, Sev. Vode an!
- Getting (actually, crafting) my first epic loot, downing my first 25 man raid boss ever (High King Mauglar), downing Archimonde and Illidan for the first time.
- HALO: Combat Evolved - title song, and lots of little epic moments.
- Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne. The whole freaking game.
- Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords. My most played single player game ever, I finished like 30+ playthroughs. Every spoken line, every tiny sound, all the music, the atmosphere - this is still my favourite game of all time, still managing (although barely) to beat Mass Effect.
- Finishing Commander Keen 4 for the first time (one of my first games).
- Mass Effect. From the opening cinematic and beyond. The only thing that's keeping it from my personal No.1 is the clunky combat, and how boring the citadel is. Taris all over again...
- Mass Effect 2 had some epic moments too, mainy Lair of the Shadow Broker, Arrival and Overlord, coupled with awesome new characters like Thane Krios, Legion and Mordin Solus. Also, calibrations.
. Mass Effect 3. So many blunders that keep the game from it full potential. But god, the feels! So many feels! The prayer was not for him, Commander.The answer's yes, Legion.Had to be me, someone else might have gotten it wrong. Damn it, you just made me cry remembering that last one...
- The Stalingrad part that you posted, OP. That was an epic moment too. Too bad CoD games turned to crap after CoD2.

There are more, but I'm already aproaching the Wall of Text limit.

IPaul72 #4 Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:58 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 8123 battles

View PostEPIC_RAGE, on 25 September 2013 - 06:49 PM, said:

For me it's this:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=7BckAsDpQeU

I was pretty young when I first played it, had a feeling like I was there with those poor souls. Played entire part with a tear in my eye.
Not a single game had such an effect one me like this part did.
Still watch it from time to time, when I need a bit of inspiration.

If you had something, post it  :great:
Hello there EPIC_RAGE
This was the same for me I actually with old  COD + was nervous going into battle with it for the first time.
I agree though I felt the same way thinking those poor souls what they went through.  :sad:
Kind regards
IPaul72

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users