PZ 1C match making.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18 replies to this topic

clanmcwood #1 Posted 27 September 2013 - 10:34 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22165 battles
  • [-VIC-] -VIC-
Hi all I just want to check an observation about the PZ 1C MM that has really taken the enjoyment out of this awesome little tank,

When I first started with this thing it was EPIC in its own tier and even in tier 4 it can do well but for some reason in the last 20-25 battles ALL I have been getting is tier 5 games, with me normally being 1 of 2-3 tier 3s and not many T4 either.

If this was balanced out with games in my own tier I can understand and accept it but out of the last 25 games I had the following

Tier 3 = 2 games
Tier 4 = 4 games
Tier 5 = 19 games

So im in a tier battle where I cannot pen anything at at even at the rear, dont get me wrong I still scout and get great spotting damage and get the occasional kill but there is nO WAY for me to carry a game and im dead as soon as we lose out Tier 5s as I can pen the other team.

Way to try and get people to use the Prem ammo which could cost you 100k with a full load out.

If the games tier spread was different i would say it would equal out but its not I keep going back for the occasional game which now is always Tier 5!

Anyone else noticing this? a couple of my clan mates has noticed the same thing as have others I have spoken to.

Eokokok #2 Posted 27 September 2013 - 10:36 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 18742 battles
Seems like RNG decided to troll you hard, since I remember that playing 1C was exacty the other way around with most games being tier 3.

clanmcwood #3 Posted 27 September 2013 - 10:50 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22165 battles
  • [-VIC-] -VIC-

View PostEokokok, on 27 September 2013 - 10:36 AM, said:

Seems like RNG decided to troll you hard, since I remember that playing 1C was exacty the other way around with most games being tier 3.

RNG always trolls me hard, I must have the special setting from WG since they hate me for Keeping giving them Crap over the Brit Lines.

krazypenguin #4 Posted 27 September 2013 - 10:54 AM

Major

• Player
  • 27683 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
My experience of this awesome little tank is pretty much the same, i.e. frequently one of two or three tier 3 in a mainly tier 5 battle and it makes doing damage quick tricky.  That said, at tier 3 it's bordeline OP in my opinion.
However, if any tank can handle this situation it is the plucky little Pz 1C thanks to its speed, mobility and tiny size.  Stick bins and camo net on it and it can be a sweet little scout in a tier 5 battle.  Or use its speed to seek flank\rear shots into bigger tanks in the hope of a penetration, maybe even a critical hit or two or purely just for the annoyance factor.  No one likes getting spammed with machine gun fire to the back of the turret, even if it isn't hurting them - it's very distracting!  I love pumping streams of bullets into KV-1's and T1 Heavies even though I know I can never hurt them.
Also, there are some tier 4s that it can really chew up - the T-28 is so huge you cannot miss it and has close to zero armour, whilst the rear of an A-20 is no match for the DAKKA-DAKKA-DAKKA.  Oh, and don't bother with gold ammo - it's not got enough extra pen to be worth it (I think).
So yes, carrying a team in a tier 5 battle is very difficult via direct damage (you can still carry with spotting damage, if you call that carrying) but you can still contribute in lots of ways.
This is currently one of the most fun tanks in the game to play for me.  I'd even go so far as to say it's almost like a tier 3 T-50-2 (RIP my good friend) - so expect WG to nerf it into the dust soon...

Edited by krazypenguin, 27 September 2013 - 10:57 AM.

Longtomsilver #5 Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:29 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 20155 battles
The daytime you are playing is the biggest factor
Playing in the night means fighting higher tiers more often
Playing in the maintime (4-8pm) leads to a well balanced MM

samphilconlor #6 Posted 27 September 2013 - 04:36 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 14597 battles
  • [-UTC-] -UTC-
Have to agree with OP I was getting mostly T5 games and hence sold it for garage space shame because at T3/4 it was awesome but at T5 you are struggling to pen anything and I don't like playing scout for entire games at a time so of it went.

Eokokok #7 Posted 14 October 2013 - 01:44 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 18742 battles
Played a few games lately, in last 2 I remember was Province twice, one of them won by me alone with 1,3k exp and stuff, so I don't see a MM problem anywhere.

S0xC0pt0r #8 Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:01 AM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 20065 battles
  • [WOOF] WOOF
Me and my clanmembers have been experiencing the same thing on Pz.IC, tier 5 games are very much over represented. Some, but not many tier 4 games are mixed in and I can hardly remember seeing the last tier 3 game. It does not matter at what time, as I've been keeping an eye on the numbers of players in each tier and often enough there is enough to fully fill a tier 3 or 4 battle, yet I still end up at tier 5.

It takes the fun out of stress-relief really =)

Sluug #9 Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:10 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 28274 battles
  • [SWEC] SWEC
I have also noticed that my precious little PZ 1c has gotten much worse MM lately, so bad that I rarely play it any more which is a shame since it is such a fun tank to play in its tier or in tier 4.

Conte_Vincero #10 Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:53 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 10402 battles
  • [BAOR] BAOR
I dunno, this thing can have some fun in T5 battles
Spoiler                     
Spoiler                     
That was from driving around the campinkova field like a crazy man
I only died after a mis-calculation while trying to drive around to the back of the base
BTW the kill was a Sexton, who seem to think driving straight across the hill was a good idea...

Edited by Conte_Vincero, 15 October 2013 - 04:54 PM.

Commander_Chris #11 Posted 16 October 2013 - 05:06 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22014 battles
  • [TFUK] TFUK
I seem to be getting tier 4/5 matchmaking in Pz. 1c but to be honest, it hasn't taken the fun out, it has raised it even higher! I find it  :teethhappy:  when i survive the battle with 3rd highest damage and 2nd highest XP! While I'm there running in, out and around killing the enemy artillery and scouting their team, my team shoot and kill and move forward while I pose as a distraction. But when I get tier 3....I just maul everyone....so if you know how to play at tier 5, you will realise how capable the Pz.1C really is. :smile:

Eokokok #12 Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:56 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 18742 battles
Tier 5 games are also great, when most enemy tanks are new players with abd crews driving KV-1 or Church you can spot the hell out of anyone with Optics/Vents+camo paint, when I get 2nd and 3rd skill on the crew it will be even more hilarious. Camo is just great on 1C, last night I got shitload of spotting dmg on campinovka just siiting in some bush by the middle lake and spotting enemies camping in trenches. OFC it would be better if my team could actually hit any of them, but still, 1C is one of best if not the best tier 3 scout in the game, speed and camo on this one is really nice.

Conte_Vincero #13 Posted 19 October 2013 - 04:45 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 10402 battles
  • [BAOR] BAOR
I've just got to 100%, I'm thinking of going clutch breaking + cammo for the first crew skills. Any advice.

Eokokok #14 Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:18 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 18742 battles
I would say camo is kinda a waste - you wont get spotted in tier 5 games regardless of having this, since most tanks will see you in your bush only at really close distance. And commander has way too many good skill here to chose from. One of view range skills, snapshot or something from gunner would all be better. I'm doing snapshot and smoothride on mine atm, soon getting second skill, might go for BIA or maybe clutch with deadeye or something.

Skee #15 Posted 23 October 2013 - 09:20 AM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 10203 battles
Camo for first skill, then reset to Sixth Sense for Commander and train Camo again. For driver I have kept Camo and continued to train offroad driving (i believe). In my opinion camo is very important, add some gold camopaint and you are one invisible ninja-attacker spraying lead all over the place.

Clutch braking could be good in order to aid when doing the circle-of-death, so that may be a valid alternative for driver.

Coated optics, vents and EGL, mainly because I never stand still for long so camonet and binoculars are wasted.

Zuyl #16 Posted 23 October 2013 - 01:00 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 16214 battles

View PostSkee, on 23 October 2013 - 09:20 AM, said:

Camo for first skill, then reset to Sixth Sense for Commander and train Camo again. For driver I have kept Camo and continued to train offroad driving (i believe). In my opinion camo is very important, add some gold camopaint and you are one invisible ninja-attacker spraying lead all over the place.

Clutch braking could be good in order to aid when doing the circle-of-death, so that may be a valid alternative for driver.

Coated optics, vents and EGL, mainly because I never stand still for long so camonet and binoculars are wasted.

If you don't stand still for a long time, why would you equip a EGL? I swapped it for enhanced springs and liking it much more. EGL feels very useless on this tank.

As for crew skills, i'm currently stuck at the first skill but might switch them with those sitting in the awful panther. Then i'd go with:

Commander - BiA, deadeye, 6th sense, camo
Driver - BiA, clutch braking, king of the road, camo

Eokokok #17 Posted 23 October 2013 - 01:09 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 18742 battles

View PostSkee, on 23 October 2013 - 09:20 AM, said:

The thing with camo is that this tank is basicly all in your face for tier 3 and bush camping at tiers 4-5, waiting for singled targets maybe. So why would you rush skills that do not buff fighting on the short ranges you should engage? I have camo paint on mine and there are games where I sit in bushes 100 meters from enemy tanks unspotted, what more could anyone want...

Also I'm not that sure about 6th sense on this tank, reason being similiar. Might help in one game out of ten, but would not really count on it as a life saver. Low tier matches with tanks that should engage at close range, not really seing 6th sense as any kind of priority.

Skee #18 Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:13 AM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 10203 battles
I can see your points however:

To get the most out of the hilarious rate of fire on the 8mm you need to stand still and pump a steady stream of bullets into them. I do an abrupt stop, fire off my mag and move off. I believe the EGL helps me there.
When I'm assaulting I need to get close to be sure most of my bullets hits even when moving. Thus I tend to stand and wait to spot a target, then rush them using bushes etc for cover/concealment. The camo skill will thus help me get that little bit closer before I'm spotted, increasing my chances of getting a good penetrating position at their ass rear.
The EGL works right off the bat, binocs and camonet needs 6 (?) seconds  so not useful in my opinion.

6th sense is the most broken OP feat ever, and a must have on almost anything in the front line. Countless times it has allowed me to backpedal into cover when I got a bit too close as spotter. Very high camorating and sixth sense allows you to get into places you would never believe, just by sneaking from bush to bush choosing the route carefully.
Ive never much tried enhanced springs but I could see their usefulness, damage the tracks quite often when I do a bit too frisky jumping.

So, my loadout works for me. My playstyle is very different  in tier 3 than it is in tier 5 matches.

Eokokok #19 Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:40 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 18742 battles
I use the L112 2cm, it is probably better in 90% of situations and will win you 1v1 against Mauser 1C every time ;)

Well, whatever works as they say.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users