I do not enjoy this job anymore.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
35 replies to this topic

Ipwnzyou #1 Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:05 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 50 battles
That's right, I said job as it's no longer a game. The Oxford English dictionary describes a game as "an entertaining activity or sport" while a job is described as "the regular work that a person does to earn money"

It's not a game anymore, it's a job. We work to earn credits in order to keep our tanks running. We constantly moan and complain about this job on the forums and in game (I'm talking to the people in 2 tier spread matches who starting moaning the second the match starts when they're the bottom tank).

There is no skill involved anymore.

Games are lost within the first three minutes as people just charge off and die.

Gold ammo for credits has destroyed any tactical advantage you may have had.

MM is rigged no matter how much people complain it's not. When you're constantly getting 31% win chance matches and teams full of red tomatos it destroys any fun that the game once had (I know not to believe XVM, it destroys morale so I tend to ignore it. I just like to see what I have on my team with me).

My average games played per day has been drastically dropping. I used to play 60+ matches per night but over the past few months it's been slowly declining as I look elsewhere for entertainment. My average game played has dropped to 8.9.

Pretty soon I feel that number will drop to zero unless Wargaming make drastic changes to the match making system. I know there are others out there who feel the exact same way that I do, and I believe that unless they pull their fingers out, Gaijin will take away a lot of the people who are sick to the back teeth of the way this game is going.

You constantly advertise your game (though I have yet to see any adverts on TV), yet you do nothing to make sure these new players know how to play. So they manage to grind their way all the way up to tier 8 (or just buy tier 8 premium tanks), thus the higher tiers are polluted with no skilled players who have no idea how to play.

And what would SerB have to say if he saw this thread?

Posted Image

That's my 2 cents. I will no longer be funding Wargaming or Gaijin. Battlefield 4 beta begins in three days time.

del502150176 #2 Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:12 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22524 battles
And your place will be taken by 5 tomatos. If i had found a good other MMO i would have left already again.
Left wot when Neverwinter beta came, Neverwinter was destroyed with stupid nerfs, came back, havent found any other good MMO yet :/

Alezul #3 Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:17 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 39095 battles
I thought you meant it feels like a job because now we gotta do the 50 k exp per day because...free premium! And once you get that first day of premium, you gotta keep going on and on because it's faster to earn more premium if you already have premium. I can't stop and play just one tank because i gotta do doubles, more exp, more premium. GOTTA COLLECT THEM ALL! Help me, i forgot how to have fun in a game!

Tasiorowski #4 Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:22 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 29626 battles
I suggest to find another entertaining game, not necesary an MMO game. The point of frustration in MMO games are... Other people that dont behave as we expect. I dont have to tell it is a reason of most frustration in real life. I bought Company of Heores 2 and i'm learning it a bit on single player games, its realy enjoyable. I had some recent work to do and I was off to WOT for about a week or maybe a bit more. After I returned I found that I made better battles, my WR rose a bit. But after a little break I found that being chilled makes you a better player. Being immune to people stupidness is a great skill in real life, so is here. If you manage to Don't give a f***" about other people, your real life and WOT life will be better. When WOT is the only hobby and all you see for couple of hours is credits income, exp income + frags + medals, you will go insane in a matter of time. Going out for a beer with buddies or GF is also a good Idea.

Cheer up !!

Rozbrus #5 Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:25 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 9473 battles

View Postkorpakukac, on 27 September 2013 - 02:12 PM, said:

And your place will be taken by 5 tomatos. If i had found a good other MMO i would have left already again.
Left wot when Neverwinter beta came, Neverwinter was destroyed with stupid nerfs, came back, havent found any other good MMO yet :/
I installed Star Trek Online after I left WoT on June. Playing it still.

Mezzou #6 Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:25 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24597 battles
after 50 battles seriously? i smell trolling

lavaboy #7 Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:29 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 15313 battles

View PostRozbrus, on 27 September 2013 - 02:25 PM, said:

I installed Star Trek Online after I left WoT on June. Playing it still.

oooh is it any good?

@OP

feel it too somedays, on the hunt for something else now

Ipwnzyou #8 Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:32 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 50 battles

View PostMezmaryse, on 27 September 2013 - 02:25 PM, said:

after 50 battles seriously? i smell trolling

Another blind git unable to read a signature.

Mezzou #9 Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:34 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24597 battles

View PostIpwnzyou, on 27 September 2013 - 02:32 PM, said:

Another blind git unable to read a signature.

well thanks for informing me you run a second account, will even report you for that now lmfao

lavaboy #10 Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:38 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 15313 battles

View PostMezmaryse, on 27 September 2013 - 02:34 PM, said:

well thanks for informing me you run a second account, will even report you for that now lmfao

:popcorn:

Achibot #11 Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:38 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 17959 battles
  • [HUSH-] HUSH-
It's not against the rules in EU to have a second account. Stop being such a busybody.

Edited by Achibot, 27 September 2013 - 02:38 PM.

speedphlux #12 Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:39 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 42147 battles
  • [TZAR] TZAR

View PostAlezul, on 27 September 2013 - 02:17 PM, said:

I thought you meant it feels like a job because now we gotta do the 50 k exp per day because...free premium! And once you get that first day of premium, you gotta keep going on and on because it's faster to earn more premium if you already have premium. I can't stop and play just one tank because i gotta do doubles, more exp, more premium. GOTTA COLLECT THEM ALL! Help me, i forgot how to have fun in a game!
I'm in exactly that boat at the moment ! FML !!!
I forgot what is it to just play a single tank thru the day. I need to get my doubles, so I can get my 50k XP, so I can have a free day of premium ... And by the time I'm done with that poo, I'm knackered, exhausted and pissed off by the idiotic tomatoes I ran into in every single God damn match I play.
WoT is a job for me right now. Too bad it's not paying enough for hookers and drugs, coz I badly need some right now. Drugs mostly. Strong right arm !

TiMmY007 #13 Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:39 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10013 battles
They should fire SerB. That guy is a marketing nightmare.

And in the Netherlands they made a commercial saying: 60 million players online.,and they only show T10 tanks like you own them from the start  :sceptic:

TiMmY007 #14 Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:41 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10013 battles

Hahaha, then you should report more then 70% of the forumers who use a 2nd account  :teethhappy:

Funny guy  :teethhappy:

Ipwnzyou #15 Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:43 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 50 battles

Oh no. What ever shall I do?

Shaka_D #16 Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:52 PM

Colonel

• Beta Tester
  • 37657 battles
@Ipwnzyou: Nicely written post.
Sounds vaguely like what's happening to me although I'm still playing a few more games than you are per night. Downloaded a new game last night, spending more and more time on COH2 and am starting to play other things now too. I love WoT, but it's just become too unrewarding and imbalanced for me. I work hard for any upward movement in my stats but all that hard work is so quickly undone because the MM cannot balance out player skill in any shape or form and so often creates imbalances in tank tiers nowadays too. In most cases you know the outcome of the match before the countdown reaches zero and although I know XVM can be wrong some of the time, it's most often totally correct. I'm not going to play through 10 losses just to wait for that one time it gets it wrong and get that lucky win.
W0T has has fast become a game for the arcade minded and this seems to be the market WG are aiming for. Clan Wars are great but they don't allow you to exploit that individual flair that randoms do and it's in randoms where it's all falling flat on it's face.
Pity WG are close minded to what's going on in their own game. Ignorance is bliss.

Edited by jinx_uk, 27 September 2013 - 02:53 PM.

2ndPzDiv #17 Posted 27 September 2013 - 03:05 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 3038 battles
  • [TLWOT] TLWOT
I play Star Trek Online when WoT starts to piss me off... Quite nice to go from playing a Tank to a 1km long Starship. In fact I don't know why I haven't completely switched back to STO, I guess variety is the spice of life but if that's the case, WOT is a pretty rubbish spice...

STO has some annoyances but I've played it since the Beta and still enjoy it far more than I have World of Tanks, World of Warplanes,Warthunder, Hawken etc.

It's a true MMO.

Ipwnzyou #18 Posted 27 September 2013 - 03:07 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 50 battles

View Postjinx_uk, on 27 September 2013 - 02:52 PM, said:

Ignorance is bliss.

Wargaming really don't care what we say. We older players who have been playing since closed beta are the minority now. We used to be the majority and Wargaming would listen to us from time to time. But now the game has been flooded with no skilled players buying up premium tanks left, right and centre they no longer care what we have to say. Why? Because we bring in hardly any money to them compared to the so called "millions of active players" who continuously line Wargamings pockets.

The game will either eventually become a sea of red tomatos as far as the eye can see and will inadvertently collapse on itself, or a hardcore "E-Sport" (which is what they want) played by teenagers with no concept of skill.

Sergeant_Antaro_Chronus #19 Posted 27 September 2013 - 03:19 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 13571 battles
  • [EL-G] EL-G
You have a good point and I feel the same, exept on thing.

View PostIpwnzyou, on 27 September 2013 - 02:05 PM, said:

Gold ammo for credits has destroyed any tactical advantage you may have had.

The more powerfull ammo is a piece of real life. If you can use it use it.

Here watch this, it isn't much but you will get what I mean. /watch?v=yHbf-Eb3xak

sword_of_Damocles #20 Posted 27 September 2013 - 03:21 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 59482 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
Question:Anyone tried Lord of the rings online?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users