Question, kind of strange one....

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

DrMonstaa #1 Posted 30 September 2013 - 06:44 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 11466 battles
So i want to ask something, that i see on many forums, i will ask it here, as the forum is very active, and its likely that i will get an answer.

So i've seen a lot of forum members posting in their signiture or their avatar pics of some cartoon, if im not mistaken its called "my little pony", or they post pictures of colorful ponies in general, why do they do that? I mean its some cartoon my little sister used to watch, when she was around 5...

I really cant understand why forumites do it.... Whats the point? Its considered fun if you state you are watching girlie cartoons or what? I mean i understand people watching animated series like "one piece", thats kinda cool, but ponies?

Somebody can explain it to me?

Nekomancer #2 Posted 30 September 2013 - 08:45 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 11526 battles
Well, as one of the fans of My little Pony: Friendship is Magic i may be able to explain why we like this show.

First, it's not a show that was designed so that only children can enjoy it. It was created by Lauren Faust, who also did "The Powerpuff Girls" or "Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends", to be enjoyed by children and their parents.
Somehow this show was a huge hit for male viewers 20+, which were not part of the target group.

The show does not only have well written jokes, but also teaches the importance of friendship and tolerance. Something that many find missing in our modern society. There are many different reasons why we bronies like the show, each has his/her own reason.
It's kinda hard to describe, some love it, some like it, some despise it.
Why don't you watch one or two episodes and decide for yourself? They are not hard to find on sites like YouTube, i recommend the first two episodes. If you can't stand the show, i can respect that.

If you want further information, i can recomment the documentary Bronies: The extremely unexpected adult fans of My little Pony. It goes very in depth into the fandom and tries to explain it to non-bronies. It's narrated by John de Lancie, most may know him as the entity Q from the Star Trek franchise.

Nekomancer #3 Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:52 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 11526 battles
Just stumbled about this picture, which may help get a tiny bit more insight.
Posted Image

DrMonstaa #4 Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:41 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 11466 battles
"Love and tolerate"...
Well, now i know i will never understand you guys. :justwait:
Thx for the info nonetheless.

Edited by DrMonstaa, 03 October 2013 - 02:42 PM.

_intoxicated_ #5 Posted 03 October 2013 - 03:27 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 21473 battles
Wut

TinyViking #6 Posted 03 October 2013 - 03:30 PM

Major

• Player
  • 7397 battles
http://funnyasduck.n...k-this-pics.jpg

PatchesThePirate #7 Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:12 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 28400 battles
  • [-TFC-] -TFC-
Will PM you, if I see you online in forumite channel :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users