Issue with October mission "Hero of the Day"

October Missions i dont think its nice to chan

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
85 replies to this topic

Ectar #1 Posted 01 October 2013 - 06:25 PM

English Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 6118 battles
  • [WG] WG
Greetings,
As some of you may know, there is conflicting information regarding the Hero of the Day mission for October.
http://worldoftanks....tober-missions
On the portal, the requirements were advertised as:

Goal: Deal 50,000 points of damage during a single day
Reward: 250 000
Conditions: Random battles only.
A day is from 07:00 to 07:00 CEST (GMT +2) (i.e. when the daily double experience amount resets)
However in-game the mission tracker shows "50,000 exp in a single day" and is tracking the exp.
We would like to confirm that the in-game tracker is incorrect. The mission for the month was always intended to track damage not exp. We are working to correct the in-game tracker and the requirements for this mission. As soon as we have more information regarding the fix and what will happen we will let everyone know.
We would like to apologise for any confusion caused as a result of this.
Regards
*Edit* 02/10/2013 This mission and it's requirements have now been corrected. The tracking is now following damage from when the tracker was reset.

LordofDiscord #2 Posted 01 October 2013 - 06:34 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 62003 battles
  • [-NMZ-] -NMZ-
Fair enough mate-Mistakes happen and you done the most important thing thats normally lacking-Kept us informed.
If I can make one suggestion in view of the confusion perhaps change it to EITHER 50k damage or 50k experience since that way it'll stop any tears

Edited by LordofDiscord, 01 October 2013 - 06:35 PM.

A_Hardy_Buck #3 Posted 01 October 2013 - 06:44 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 4217 battles
  • [KITTY] KITTY
Doesn't matter earned the exp
Posted Image

Edited by A_Hardy_Buck, 01 October 2013 - 06:45 PM.

AN225 #4 Posted 01 October 2013 - 06:46 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 20762 battles
  • [TESLA] TESLA
Ectar you scared me, i already saw another rage topic from people who don't use search or read official topics :)

Thank you for providing us with official info, you are proving your reputation once again, if that was needed at all.

ps: is the tracker only wrong or the requirement is also wrong?
Let's say i don't know there is a tracker, what i need to do today, get 50k dmg or xp? :)

Herman_der_German #5 Posted 01 October 2013 - 06:51 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 13578 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
Dat will come allright in da en.

Skullcap #6 Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:40 PM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 19849 battles
You will also be extending this by a day right, since you managed to **** up? I mean it wasn't like the Paris office could have said to the IT section to take the servers down for a maintaince for 30mins-hour and sort the mission out, no that would be to logical wouldn't it.

JapLance #7 Posted 01 October 2013 - 09:57 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 9095 battles
Irrelevant to most low-tier players. 50.000XP or 50.000 damage are out of reach unless I play like 12h a day.

The weekend mission of dealing 5000 damage for 25.000 credits was more appropriate.

Freykling #8 Posted 01 October 2013 - 10:13 PM

Private

• Player
  • 13246 battles
I definately make more damage than experience... so it's all fine for me :)

xThanatosVIx #9 Posted 01 October 2013 - 10:18 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 12450 battles

View PostFreykling, on 01 October 2013 - 10:13 PM, said:

I definately make more damage than experience... so it's all fine for me :)

My problem with tier Xs is, that I dont achieve anything new.
Missions like that really give me a reason to play my T110E4 - thats below 20 games to reach the credits :)

FatigueGalaxy #10 Posted 01 October 2013 - 10:39 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 9417 battles

View PostJapLance, on 01 October 2013 - 09:57 PM, said:

Irrelevant to most low-tier players. 50.000XP or 50.000 damage are out of reach unless I play like 12h a day.

The weekend mission of dealing 5000 damage for 25.000 credits was more appropriate.
You're right but have in mind that some previous mission - 30 kills = 300k credits was easier to do in lower tiers. So now we have mission which is easier to do in higher tiers.
Also, these missions are for mid to high tier players since you don't really need that much credits up to tier 6. It's for player who want to buy tier 9 or 10 tank but are struggling with getting required amount of credits.

Maybe they should make two missions instead of one. One for higher tiers (let's say 5+) with current requirements and prize and second for low tiers with smaller requirements and prize. Why smaller prize? To not encourage players to playing low tiers - there's enough statpadders and pedobears to make newbie's life hard.
Of course completing one mission will block second one.

@Ectar
Thanks for your effort but... it took you long enough. Players are aware of the issue since morning and the announcement was posted in the evening. You posted this after 9 hours since the first thread appeared on forums... If not players you probably wouldn't even know about the issue.
Seriously, you make server restart every morning and you don't check if everything is ok with missions or events? This is kinda sad.

As soon as we have more information regarding the fix and what will happen we will let everyone know.
The whole day have passed and you still know nothing. Do you have any contact with the people who take care of the servers. It's not like they're living on remote island, right?
I don't even want to know what would happen if somebody would hack the servers and steal some accounts.

I'm not whining but it's not your first time with slowpoke reaction time. Do I have to read unofficial sources to have fast and reliable informations about the current state of game/servers?

HowTheStoryEnds #11 Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:40 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 15994 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
you have to realize that they have to verify the claim and then probably check wether the tracker is correct and their mission description wrong.
Followed by contacting multiple chains of command on how to solve this issue and posting a final statement of the eventual decided outcome.
This contacting back and forth can take a bit of time and if ectar would have posted A and his bosses eventually decided B, you'd rail on him even more. So waiting a bit until one is certain I'd probably the best course of action in this case.
Don't forget if ectar could wave a magic wand and fix it, he'd have done it already so cut him a bit of slack. It's not like we're begging for credits like paupers after the recent MONTH of credit supplying missions. :-)
Accidents happen and they did go "mea culpa" while improving communication and no doubt learning something.
Progress is usually made in tiny steps but all progress is positive.

Edited by HowTheStoryEnds, 01 October 2013 - 11:43 PM.

Skullcap #12 Posted 02 October 2013 - 06:40 AM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 19849 battles
Servers restarted, no change to missions, same xp for 50k. NA has same error but their counter is recording damage even when it still displays XP, nice to know 'AMURICA get there fix retroactive and we get the big FU.

Fedaykin89 #13 Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:43 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 23853 battles
@HowTheStoryEnds: Dude, for the love of... stop defending them!

If WG would ever be in contract with a third-party company to do their QA (like the one I work at), they'd be DROWNED in "NO GO"s and "PASS - FAIL" blood-red reports.
From that point of view they are almost beyond any all-time low.

Honestly, I expect the whole month to remain botched (for EU only, of course) and we'll have to collect 50k XP for a measly 250k credits. All the while the news on the site will remain unchanged and any reference to it will INSIST that 50k DAMAGE is the mission requirement.

WG, 2nd worst customer support... only after EA, of course.

Sanctorum #14 Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:57 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 18020 battles
Here is a tip WG:

- Go to your Missions Manager
- Delete "Hero of the Day" Mission
- Create new "Hero of the day mission" with correct requirements
- Done.

I mean, at some point there's like 10 active missions, is it so difficult to delete a mission and create a new one? Seriously?
Has the "mission creator guy" gone on vacations?

I would not expect that from a company with a declared 217 million euro revenue in 2012. Can't afford a proper customer service?

Judqment8 #15 Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:05 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 14712 battles
Great they still haven't fixed it. How hard can it really be WG? Just get your damn head out of your butts and start actually fixing this stuff. Like Sanctorum said just delete the damn mission and create a new one.

This is really starting to piss me off. Things like this should be handled ASAP and the fix should be sent RIGHT AWAY.

knausis #16 Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:48 AM

Private

• Player
  • 6297 battles
and the thing is, they had the mission last week, 25k money for 5k damage, they just had to change values (25k to 250k and 5k to 50k) and title/description of the mission in database...

DenOndeBonde #17 Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:18 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 12481 battles
  • [TNAC] TNAC
You are a JOKE WG.....

Cant even fix LITTLE stuff like this.... who the hell do you have working for you?  chimps?

Ectar #18 Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:20 AM

English Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 6118 battles
  • [WG] WG

View PostFatigueGalaxy, on 01 October 2013 - 10:39 PM, said:

@Ectar
Thanks for your effort but... it took you long enough. Players are aware of the issue since morning and the announcement was posted in the evening. You posted this after 9 hours since the first thread appeared on forums... If not players you probably wouldn't even know about the issue.
Seriously, you make server restart every morning and you don't check if everything is ok with missions or events? This is kinda sad.

The whole day have passed and you still know nothing. Do you have any contact with the people who take care of the servers. It's not like they're living on remote island, right?
I don't even want to know what would happen if somebody would hack the servers and steal some accounts.

I'm not whining but it's not your first time with slowpoke reaction time. Do I have to read unofficial sources to have fast and reliable informations about the current state of game/servers?

The issue was spotted on the 30th and reported. We made players aware of this on the announcement thread - http://forum.worldof...32#entry6058632

We hoped it would be fixed by the 1st before the mission went live. Sadly that wasn't possible. As soon as we have more info about how we will correct this we'll let everyone know, it's not like we're sitting on information and not telling anyone.  The reason for this sticky thread is because there is lots of people who don't read the full thread that announced the event and thus don't see our answers in that thread.

Cpt_Kawa #19 Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:51 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 29965 battles
Why not just change the announcement on the front page? I guess nobody wouldn't be really surprised and problem solved the WG-way, at least it would be solved for all up coming people informing themselves about the new specials. And I don't see how that would change the reputation of the WG community handling. Just do it, we all know you guys want to.^^

Edited by Cpt_Kawa, 02 October 2013 - 10:52 AM.

Skullcap #20 Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:51 AM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 19849 battles
I don't know how it was sadly not possible, the americans have there's broke yet still recording damage correctly.

500k credits already lost for most players so far due to the screw up in mission tracking and WG can't scapegoat by saying it wasn't their problem and won't be able to extend it by however long in days it requires to fix this issue.

We thank you for your frankness and answering us Ectar but your higher ups are leaving alot less than to be desired, especially when other 8.8 issues don't seem to be getting much traction on the fix treadmill either.