THIS is what happens when you don't know your enemy's weakspots!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
23 replies to this topic

Ding760 #1 Posted 02 October 2013 - 12:05 AM

Major

• Player
  • 9370 battles
A bit of late night entertainment for you fellas!  :smile:
You tracked me in my TD and I'm now helpless... well done! Clap! Clap! Clap!

... but what will you do now? For your viewing convenience, my stated point technically begins at 7:15 in the video, but you can watch the whole thing if you want to know what happens when an ENTIRE TEAM don't know their weakspots  :teethhappy:

Edited by Ding760, 02 October 2013 - 12:07 AM.

conductiv #2 Posted 02 October 2013 - 12:16 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Beta Tester
  • 33678 battles
  • [FIFO] FIFO
I'm sorry to say that I fail to see the epicness, that churchill wasn't fast enough to flank after tracking, or tough enough to just tank his way through your fireline. his constant tracking wasn't a bad move if he had a ally to help him out. in the situation he was in he had no way of winning that battle.
well done, but..even though you where helpless...so was he.
(just in case people missed my piont: hitting the weakspot would cause the tracks to repair..allowing ding to kill the churchill. hitting the tracks would pin ding in place, but cause no damage due to the unwieldy angle)

Edited by conductiv, 02 October 2013 - 12:20 AM.

Ding760 #3 Posted 02 October 2013 - 12:23 AM

Major

• Player
  • 9370 battles

View Postconductiv, on 02 October 2013 - 12:16 AM, said:

I'm sorry to say that I fail to see the epicness, that churchill wasn't fast enough to flank after tracking, or tough enough to just tank his way through your fireline. his constant tracking wasn't a bad move if he had a ally to help him out. in the situation he was in he had no way of winning that battle.
(just in case people missed my piont: hitting the weakspot would cause the tracks to repair..allowing ding to kill the churchill. hitting the tracks would pin ding in place, but cause no damage due to the unwieldy angle)
I disagree, the weakspot is on the top of the AT-15A. One shot at tracks + another shot on weakspot followed immediately by a retreat is enough to continuously do damage. Repeat this a few times and you've got yourself a Churchill winner. If we were to go a bit more advanced than that I'd place some bets on the possibility the Churchill could have sidescraped while continuously hitting my weakspots...but that's trickier. I sincerely hope you were not advocating that the only way for him to kill me was to get behind me right?

There was no epicness involved in this replay, I have done nothing except drive into enemy fire and survive. The point of this thread is actually just to demonstrate what I thought was a perfectly good situation for the Churchill and him failing to exploit it due to not having a clue where my weakspot is.

I suppose this argument won't stand up to scrutiny but during that game I was shitting myself thinking he's got me (you can actually see me saying "I dead" in chat). It was rather amusing to see I actually survived it on such a poor excuse which was that the enemy didn't know where to shoot me  :teethhappy:
Edit: Just saw your edit there. I still disagree though, granted for him it may be hard to judge, but he was in fact faster than me. A shot at tracks plus a shot at weakspot immediately followed by retreat is in my personal opinion a feasible option.

Edited by Ding760, 02 October 2013 - 12:27 AM.

conductiv #4 Posted 02 October 2013 - 12:32 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Beta Tester
  • 33678 battles
  • [FIFO] FIFO

View PostDing760, on 02 October 2013 - 12:23 AM, said:

I disagree, the weakspot is on the top of the AT-15A. One shot at tracks + another shot on weakspot followed immediately by a retreat is enough to continuously do damage. Repeat this a few times and you've got yourself a Churchill winner. I sincerely hope you were not advocating that the only way for him to kill me was to get behind me right?

There was no epicness involved in this replay, I have done nothing except drive into enemy fire and survive. The point of this thread is actually just to demonstrate what I thought was a perfectly good situation for the Churchill and him failing to exploit it due to not having a clue where my weakspot is.

I suppose this argument won't stand up to scrutiny but during that game I was shitting myself thinking he's got me (you can actually see me saying "I dead" in chat). It was rather amusing to see I actually survived it on such a poor excuse which was that the enemy didn't know where to shoot me  :teethhappy:

the double tap retreat would work if he didn't have to move right next to your crosshair to get a line of fire on the copula. it is extremely unlikely you wouldn't catch him during his retreat should he attempt that.

though I have to be honest I have little experience double tapping AT-15's in churchill tanks. I'd love to see a vid of you applying that tactic though. because it is plausible, I just don't think the church would have the acceleration and speed to get into cover before your gun would catch him

Djerin #5 Posted 02 October 2013 - 12:34 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 9942 battles
Man, the Churchill actually did what he could. There was no way he was going to solo you. He successfully drove you right into the IS. He was just unlucky that the IS was apparently retarded. craphappens.

Ding760 #6 Posted 02 October 2013 - 01:07 AM

Major

• Player
  • 9370 battles
Alright guys! You made your point! I do still have my doubts though, I still think he could have taken me.
Oh well, opinions are opinions, gotta respect that! Maybe this didn't serve for as much entertainment value as I saw it .  :tongue:

Edited by Ding760, 02 October 2013 - 01:09 AM.

Ding760 #7 Posted 02 October 2013 - 01:11 AM

Major

• Player
  • 9370 battles

View PostDjerin, on 02 October 2013 - 12:34 AM, said:

There was no way he was going to solo you...
I respect your opinion but that is one comment I will not believe. If you are telling me a tier 6 Churchill is restricted to circling endlessly around the church after he tracks me then fair enough, but seeing as he wasn't restricted to that, his options are not zero and he certainly could have taken me out some other way.

There is no tier 6 tank that cannot kill a tier 7. It might be more difficult depending on what tank you have, but never impossible.

Edited by Ding760, 02 October 2013 - 01:15 AM.

BesnaVrana #8 Posted 02 October 2013 - 01:36 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 5093 battles
He did what he could, if he was a bad player and complete imbecile he wouldn't detrack you in the first place because bad players don't do that kind of thing EVER. If both of you were in the open, without that house defending your flank, I'm 100% sure things would end up differently.

Edited by BesnaVrana, 02 October 2013 - 01:38 AM.

TiMmY007 #9 Posted 02 October 2013 - 02:57 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10021 battles
This happens many times, and the only thing I missed in the video is some Benny Hill music when he drove around the building and you "chasing" him  :teethhappy:

Pavelius #10 Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:06 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 68820 battles
  • [P4NZA] P4NZA
Just shoot the Gun mantlet of the AT15A ... it has only 100mm aromr and no spaced armor behind it... so you easily penetrate it and mostly kill the gunner too (the same goes for the normal tier 8 AT15 TD... )

Aim at the vertical split of the gun traverse... and have an easy kill....

FireballKraken #11 Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:46 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 16051 battles
  • [11HDR] 11HDR
TBH all I see is you failing...

Ronin81 #12 Posted 02 October 2013 - 06:56 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 25993 battles

View PostDing760, on 02 October 2013 - 12:23 AM, said:

I disagree, the weakspot is on the top of the AT-15A. One shot at tracks + another shot on weakspot followed immediately by a retreat is enough to continuously do damage. Repeat this a few times and you've got yourself a Churchill winner.  

Purely theorethical. You can notice that poor SOB's shots come when your track was more than 50% repaired. Stunt like that would have killed him after the first try. And really, how many times have you seen such a "track and go for a commander hatch while in the line of fire" trick. AT15's traverce makes it almost a turreted tank.

Skyscraping MIGHT work if he counts on you NOT having a single HE round to blow away his tank's last HP. Ok, make it 3 because of his large tracks and shoddy HE mechanics.

Yes, every tier 6 tanks has a chance against every tier 7 tank. Theorethically. Basicaly relying on speed or sneaking up to him while he is ocupied/afk. Not in a "full frontal 1 on 1 last man standing".

AT'15s is just imba at tier 7. My personal damage per battle with it is on par with my Tier IX heavies. And that was before arty nerf with 3+ arties each game. And Churchill is just.... Churchill. Got one now. Daily doubles till tier 7 and that's it

You both did well in that battle given the situation. I remember you as a really nice guy here in the forum but your first post sounds like a 30 year old guy braging about beating a 12 year old at arms wrestling. Clap clap clap...

Lord_Demon #13 Posted 02 October 2013 - 07:15 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 32658 battles

View PostDing760, on 02 October 2013 - 12:05 AM, said:

A bit of late night entertainment for you fellas!  :smile:
If you want entertainment, I offer you this oldie. As you can see by the MM, it is old.

This was the first game I played with ARL 44 (that is why I zoom around the tank in the beginning). I used free exp to get the turret, and already had the 90mm F3 from AMX 13 90. Otherwise I am stock, bottom tier tank, pretty much all alone on one flank.  And still there is always something one can do. SO, enjoy.

MhUser #14 Posted 02 October 2013 - 07:17 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 31682 battles

View Postconductiv, on 02 October 2013 - 12:16 AM, said:

he should shoot the track and then the cuppola and track again... his rof is fast enough
apparently hes not so bright to do this

Cobra6 #15 Posted 02 October 2013 - 07:51 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16333 battles
  • [RGT] RGT
He should have fired a tracking shot and then moved around you, the distance was small enough in most of your engagements. What he did was useless and stupid as it was not winning him the battle nor doing him any good (in the long run).

Funny tow atch though, it needed some Benny Hill music I think :smile:

Cobra 6

conductiv #16 Posted 02 October 2013 - 11:44 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Beta Tester
  • 33678 battles
  • [FIFO] FIFO
just  a few comments on the proposed solutions.

View PostMhUser, on 02 October 2013 - 07:17 AM, said:

he should shoot the track and then the cuppola and track again... his rof is fast enough
apparently hes not so bright to do this

if you look at the vid you will see that it takes 12 seconds to repair the track, while the church fired once every 7 seconds. why he fired only once every 7 seconds might be because he didn't have a loader or ammo rack anymore, plausible since the amount of damage that was already done to the church. or he might simply not have a 100% crew and equipment yet

in order to track-copula hit-track you would need 2 reload cycles to complete before the tracks repair..as such the church would need a effective reload faster then 6 seconds. he simply didn't have that rate of fire anymore

He should have fired a tracking shot and then moved around you, the distance was small enough in most of your engagements. What he did was useless and stupid as it was not winning him the battle nor doing him any good (in the long run).
Funny tow atch though, it needed some Benny Hill music I think :smile:
Cobra 6

the church is indestructible, and covered the safe flank, the only way to move around would be to move through the line of fire or to move around the church. moving through the line of fire would likely kill him as he only had about 200 HP left, and the church wasn't fast enough to move around the church.

he simply didn't have the speed or health to move around ding.

Just shoot the Gun mantlet of the AT15A ... it has only 100mm armor and no spaced armor behind it... so you easily penetrate it and mostly kill the gunner too (the same goes for the normal tier 8 AT15 TD... )
Aim at the vertical split of the gun traverse... and have an easy kill..

damaging ding would not be the problem, the problem would be staying alive after landing the shot, shooting the gunmantlet would place the church very close to the guns line of fire. and isn't guaranteed to cripple ding enough to prevent ding from simply killing him in response (as he had plenty of health to take the shot on, and the gun, ammo rack, gunner and loader all have good saves and havn't been damaged yet). as the church simply didn't have the firepower or health to survive a trade with a tier 7 tankdestroyer (not to mention that fighting a T7 TD head on in a T6 heavy is borderline suicidal.)

Yamaxanadu #17 Posted 02 October 2013 - 11:49 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 1215 battles

View PostDing760, on 02 October 2013 - 01:07 AM, said:

Alright guys! You made your point! I do still have my doubts though, I still think he could have taken me.
Not in this situation. Sidescrapping is not an option since he would get into your line of fire to shot your weak spots.

Cobra6 #18 Posted 02 October 2013 - 01:09 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16333 battles
  • [RGT] RGT
@conductiv:

Since he died now doing nothing at all he might as well have tried that. It would probably have worked better anyway. As long as he remembered to move after Ding shot he would have been fine or at least had bee able to do some more damage which earns more credits than doing module hits.

Cobra 6

Ding760 #19 Posted 02 October 2013 - 01:47 PM

Major

• Player
  • 9370 battles
Lol so much discussion about such a little thing.

Guys it's ok lol. Having so many neg reps says it all really. It was only what I thought was funny and probably my poorly worded title made it look like I was showing off or something when all I wanted to say was "look how long it took for both of us to kill each other lol".

I think most of you guys have to keep into consideration it was his own failings that caused me to hit him a few times at the start. He took about 2 shots (?) from me at the start causing him to land himself into such dire straits. Bottom line is, the dude had no idea where to shoot me and ended up with both of us circling the church in an extended battle that otherwise would have taken 15 seconds.

As regarding to people who genuinely think a Churchill as a tank cannot kill an AT-15A, all I can say is I don't quite see it that way.

Alright people...disperse lol! Many neg reps to see here  :hiding:

Edited by Ding760, 02 October 2013 - 01:48 PM.

Outfielder #20 Posted 02 October 2013 - 02:24 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 24090 battles
  • [TEC] TEC

View PostCobra6, on 02 October 2013 - 01:09 PM, said:

@conductiv:

Since he died now doing nothing at all he might as well have tried that. It would probably have worked better anyway. As long as he remembered to move after Ding shot he would have been fine or at least had bee able to do some more damage which earns more credits than doing module hits.

Cobra 6

THIS! HP wise, the Church was at a big disadvantage to begin with. HOWEVER, you'd at least expect him to TRY and hit the top of the AT. Tracking the AT is step 1.....but step 2 never happened. It was just step 1 over and over and over again.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users