When will you do something against cheaters?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
28 replies to this topic

rado84 #1 Posted 02 October 2013 - 05:34 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 19001 battles
How many years are gonna pass before you do something about cheaters? And don't give me the "protected game" crap - keep that for computer noobs because I as well as you know there ARE hackers. Somehow I get killed from the other side of the map by a KV-1, despite all the mountains, hills, walls and so on other obstacles. And somehow someone knows where I am and comes from the other side of the map to kill me. Once, I had hidden myself in a place which had only one direction possible to attack me - the other 3 were covered by a tall building. The building is on a hill and below the hill is the edge of the map. And guess what happened - I got killed from nowhere. Speaking of that leads me to the topic about the radar hacks - those that show you all the enemies on the mini map and those that make you invisible to the enemy radar. Ever since I decided to give that game another chance I've been seeing tanks which disappear while moving and such tanks between me and them the distance is not more than 20 meters. And yet, they disappear, I get killed by the nothingness and a few moments later the same tanks appear in the middle of the map. So, except they have radar hacks, they also have speed hacks and perhaps - flying hacks to overcome the tall mountains and peaks so quickly.
So, you either do something against cheaters or you're gonna lose many players or at least post for us here links to those hacks, so that we all have them and keep the gameplay fair. Or maybe you're gonna leave cheaters to thrive for as long as you get money from the game? This is what EA did with NFS World where every second player uses hacks and nobody is being punished for that.

Edited by rado84, 02 October 2013 - 05:35 PM.

krazypenguin #2 Posted 02 October 2013 - 05:40 PM

Major

• Player
  • 27199 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Replay or it didn't happen

LeMoron #3 Posted 02 October 2013 - 05:41 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 2460 battles
Replay?

GiveThemNothing #4 Posted 02 October 2013 - 05:41 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 8536 battles
You dont need replay, i commit it. I cheat every day coz im noob. But hey, it works!

Fishmachine #5 Posted 02 October 2013 - 06:01 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 5731 battles
@rado84 - calm down, you are just a really, really bad player.

typhaon #6 Posted 02 October 2013 - 06:02 PM

Major General

• Beta Tester
  • 14201 battles
Funny how player still think you can hack the game.

I've played since the open beta and never seen anything that made me think of hacks or cheats.

And everything I have seen in the forums about hacks and cheats were just stupid claims without proof and/or missing knowledge of the basic game mechanics.

rado84 #7 Posted 02 October 2013 - 06:14 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 19001 battles

View Postkrazypenguin, on 02 October 2013 - 05:40 PM, said:

Replay or it didn't happen ™
How? Heat Online has a save replay system to save the race exactly as it happened but WOT doesn't have such a system. Using Fraps is one way to do it but it will take hours to convert every replay to a smaller size because it's not just one or two players, it's at least 10 players for the last nearly 2 weeks.

typhaon #8 Posted 02 October 2013 - 06:43 PM

Major General

• Beta Tester
  • 14201 battles

View Postrado84, on 02 October 2013 - 06:14 PM, said:

How? Heat Online has a save replay system to save the race exactly as it happened but WOT doesn't have such a system.

Actually WoT has a system exactly like that... the fact that you don't even know that make me think it's rather an issue with knowledge of game mechanics than with the game.

You can activate replays in the options and upload them on http://wotreplays.com/

Nekomancer #9 Posted 02 October 2013 - 06:59 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 11526 battles
1. Log into the game
2. Press Escape on your keyboard
3. Click on settings
4. Check option "Enable battle recordings"
5. Play!
6. ???
7. Profit!
P.S.: This feature is present since 0.7.4.

Edited by Nekomancer, 02 October 2013 - 07:00 PM.

DinaMit36 #10 Posted 02 October 2013 - 07:11 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 9811 battles

View Postrado84, on 02 October 2013 - 05:34 PM, said:

How many years are gonna pass before you do something about cheaters? And don't give me the "protected game" crap - keep that for computer noobs because I as well as you know there ARE hackers. Somehow I get killed from the other side of the map by a KV-1, despite all the mountains, hills, walls and so on other obstacles. And somehow someone knows where I am and comes from the other side of the map to kill me. Once, I had hidden myself in a place which had only one direction possible to attack me - the other 3 were covered by a tall building. The building is on a hill and below the hill is the edge of the map. And guess what happened - I got killed from nowhere. Speaking of that leads me to the topic about the radar hacks - those that show you all the enemies on the mini map and those that make you invisible to the enemy radar. Ever since I decided to give that game another chance I've been seeing tanks which disappear while moving and such tanks between me and them the distance is not more than 20 meters. And yet, they disappear, I get killed by the nothingness and a few moments later the same tanks appear in the middle of the map. So, except they have radar hacks, they also have speed hacks and perhaps - flying hacks to overcome the tall mountains and peaks so quickly.
So, you either do something against cheaters or you're gonna lose many players or at least post for us here links to those hacks, so that we all have them and keep the gameplay fair. Or maybe you're gonna leave cheaters to thrive for as long as you get money from the game? This is what EA did with NFS World where every second player uses hacks and nobody is being punished for that.

I've got 3 words about this: Learn to play
http://wiki.worldoft...attle_Mechanics

rado84 #11 Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:31 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 19001 battles
May the "professors" here watch this replay where malykolan kills orthanlia in the base and how shortly after that he goes invisible pushing items and trees down while he is invisible. Then tell me again that this is not a hack!
http://wotreplays.co...ado84-jagdpz_iv
You have to seek a bit forward as it happens nearly the end of the game - in the middle of the base.
Oh, and don't tell me this is the crew skill because it's supposed to work only with a stationary vehicle, not when it's moving.

Edited by rado84, 02 October 2013 - 10:32 PM.

Darth_Woras #12 Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:34 PM

Major

• Player
  • 62 battles
  • [HOI] HOI
There is a hack - WarPack - works with client-side.
Server-side? One person gave numbers - you have to spend millions to get server-side cheats/hacks.

typhaon #13 Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:58 PM

Major General

• Beta Tester
  • 14201 battles

View Postrado84, on 02 October 2013 - 10:31 PM, said:

May the "professors" here watch this replay where malykolan kills orthanlia in the base and how shortly after that he goes invisible pushing items and trees down while he is invisible. Then tell me again that this is not a hack!
You have to seek a bit forward as it happens nearly the end of the game - in the middle of the base.
Oh, and don't tell me this is the crew skill because it's supposed to work only with a stationary vehicle, not when it's moving.

He was invisible as long as he stayed behind the wooden builing to the left where no member of the team could spot him. After killing he went behind the white house only to be hidded to your teammates again.

I've rarely seen any replay as obvious as this one... there's not even any issue with bushes or terrain...

View PostDarth_Woras, on 02 October 2013 - 10:34 PM, said:

There is a hack - WarPack - works with client-side.
Server-side? One person gave numbers - you have to spend millions to get server-side cheats/hacks.

This forbidden modpack can only enhance the visualization of the information that the client has... so if anything it's making things easier to spot. But you still cannot spot any enemy, that has not left any trace on your client or change any values of your or the enemy tank.

In theory it is possible to hack the servers, but in theory it's possible to live on mars already...

Hacking in WoT would be awfully difficult for little to no use. You cannot make any profit of hacking WoT because there is no trade system. And even if you would make it onto the server, I guess it would not go unnoticed and WG would rather pull the plug than letting a hacker roam on their server.

rado84 #14 Posted 02 October 2013 - 11:50 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 19001 battles
Then I'll turn Fraps on while the replay is running and you'll se what I'm talking about and hopefully then you'll stop denying they're using cheats.

GiveThemNothing #15 Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:12 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 8536 battles
I haz specul hax tu. iz cald skill ent camuflagh. bat soem pleiurs dont reed wiki ent stey stuped.

gooby pls

hscorpio #16 Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:43 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 22232 battles

View Postrado84, on 02 October 2013 - 11:50 PM, said:

Then I'll turn Fraps on while the replay is running and you'll se what I'm talking about and hopefully then you'll stop denying they're using cheats.
You don't have to turn on fraps, you can just upload the replay (for example here http://wotreplays.com/ ) and everyone can play it back.
You might eventually realize that maybe, just maybe, when there's players with 100x the combined battle-experience in this chat, telling you that your claims are highly unlikely, it might be that they are actually right and you don't see tanks that can spot you because you are a newbie (no offense) and your enemies are more experienced, with better crews and better understanding of the game mechanics than you.
Playing with 50% crews will often leave you helpless gainst players with 300+% veterans in their tanks, so the only good advice I can give you here is: Pick a tank with a decent base viewrange (like the Sherman with it's 370m), buy a 75% crew to start things off, put a binocular telescope on the tank and enter battle.
You'll be much less frustrated and mislead by the game mechanics, if you play them to your advantage.
€dit: I see that you have played the German TD line heavily. That line is notorious for having some of the worst viewranges of all, trolling new players that are not familiar with the spotting mechanics and have to use bad crews.
I made the same mistake when I started this game, and my advice is, stay away from the German TDs, pick another line, start over.

Edited by hscorpio, 03 October 2013 - 01:54 AM.

Homer_J #17 Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:09 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 29705 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postrado84, on 02 October 2013 - 11:50 PM, said:

How about you stop assuming everything you don't understand is a cheat and first read the wiki which someone already kindly linked for you, then realise there may be aspects of this game which differ from your usual FPS type game.

WoT has a slightly unusual spotting system which can seem a little strange at first.  For various reasons a tank can be beyond the range you can spot it at, this could be a combination of factors including your view range (especially with a less than 100% crew) and their camo skill (which does work on the move).  Yet even though you can't spot the tank, you can see trees it knocks over or buildings it destroys, which defies the rules of the real world but is perfectly in keeping with the rules of the game.

MeetriX #18 Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:28 AM

Major

• Player
  • 20973 battles
  • [_ACE] _ACE
I have never ever seen an invisible tank. I wonder why?

Carrier_ #19 Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:42 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 9207 battles

View Postrado84, on 02 October 2013 - 05:34 PM, said:

Somehow I get killed from the other side of the map by a KV-1, despite all the mountains, hills, walls and so on other obstacles
I knew it. Red Alert 2 was based on Real Russian Technologies !
Hah, Tanya really using orbital strikes !
Well, I playing WoT for more than 2 years. I could clearly say one thing. I NEVER saw "cheats" in this game.
I saw just more skilled players than me or "Ghost Tanks" killing me.
Then I realize, there is something like a spotting and difference between "Spotted View Range" and "View Range".
I wonder how you could accuse someone of cheating after 600 games man.
Really, take your time... read basics about combat mechanics and with more playing learn more about in-game mechanics.
@MeetriX Hah, nice one  :smile:  +1

Edited by Carrier_, 03 October 2013 - 09:42 AM.

Pretty_Pony_Princess #20 Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:19 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 8037 battles

View Postrado84, on 02 October 2013 - 10:31 PM, said:

There's nothing strange about that replay. It's just how the spotting system works and this replay actually shows the spotting system working as intended.
About the rest of the replay: You were in a very bad position where you were exposed to fire from multipe directions. You should carry a first aid pack because losing your gunner/loader/driver can pretty much put you out of a battle after the first hit you receive even though you can have 90 % of your hitpoints. And most importantly, don't use AP with a howitzer! 105 L/28 has only 64 mm average penetration with AP. The best gun for JgPz IV is now 75 L/70 that you should have researched on StuG III. If you want to use the howitzer, at least use HE with an occasional HEAT.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users